AICN Exclusive - A SIMPLE WALK INTO MORDOR Part 2!
So, two staff members at Rooster Teeth (the studio that brought us all RED. VS. BLUE) were such big fans of THE LORD OF THE RINGS, that they decided to take the trek from the filming location of the Shire in New Zealand to the filming location of Mordor, and answer that immortal question, "Can one simply walk to Mordor?" The result, the web series A SIMPLE WALK INTO MORDOR, which features Kerry Shawcross and Chris Demarais taking that quest in 6 days. You can see Part 1 of their epic quest here at their website and see their continuing adventure. Now, Ain't It Cool has the exclusive second part to their grand mission - will Kerry and Chris continue their epic journey? In celebration of today's release of THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY, watch Part 2 here:
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Dec. 14, 2012, 9 a.m. CST
Dec. 14, 2012, 9:08 a.m. CST
by Robert Hand
32 seconds before i turned it. thats including the ad.
Dec. 14, 2012, 9:20 a.m. CST
This is super lame.
Dec. 14, 2012, 9:21 a.m. CST
Dec. 14, 2012, 9:26 a.m. CST
Dec. 14, 2012, 9:31 a.m. CST
by Stereotypical Evil Archer
Dec. 14, 2012, 9:40 a.m. CST
Dec. 14, 2012, 9:43 a.m. CST
Dec. 14, 2012, 9:43 a.m. CST
piss on this fucking turd.
Dec. 14, 2012, 9:47 a.m. CST
When Frodo would yell "CAR!" so all the fellowship would get out of the street for the F-150 to pass. He'd then shout "Quest on!" when it was safe to fan out again.
Dec. 14, 2012, 10:24 a.m. CST
Dec. 14, 2012, 10:40 a.m. CST
by James Robinson
People die from doing things that sound SO wonderfully easy, unless you happen to be utterly out of shape and totally unprepared for the potential difficulties in what is about to be attempted.. I love RvsB.. bought the box set Blu.. but this is just pure stupidity. Notice how they stopped wearing the retard hobbit feet after that initial 1st day? Glad they made it.. but still. Did NO-ONE bother to take these guys aside and simply ask them.. "Do you even fucking exercise? Do you have any idea what just getting up one morning and walking 150 miles with no prep is going to do to you???"
Dec. 14, 2012, 1:16 p.m. CST
Dec. 14, 2012, 2:09 p.m. CST
Dec. 14, 2012, 2:10 p.m. CST
Dec. 14, 2012, 3:33 p.m. CST
Dec. 15, 2012, 4 a.m. CST
by Talkbacker with no name
They didn't do it all in one day.
Dec. 15, 2012, 8:29 a.m. CST
Their problem was, they set to aggressive of a time table to get this done. Had they had an extra 3 days or so they could have taken a more a more leisurely pace.
Dec. 15, 2012, 3:40 p.m. CST
by Brodie Watson
It makes me sick to my stomach when i see people like these take a ridiculous idea and make a film about it and somehow people enjoy it. They dont know what they're doing, they did no preparation, they did no research, they did little to know study on the fauna/wildlife/geography etc to make this docu interesting. they just said 'hey lets take a trek to morder film set and film it'. That shows piss poor planning for inspiring filmmakers. They dont understand that it takes months/years of research before you should attempt to make a documentary, otherwise you're just blowing smoke up peoples asses, and giving us diarreah of the mouth.
Dec. 15, 2012, 3:50 p.m. CST
by Brodie Watson
my guess is the sign didn't lie to them about 14km they are just slow walkers
Dec. 15, 2012, 5:07 p.m. CST
Those make the best stories. It's not like they were climbing mt. hood or something. And you obviously don't know anything about RvB, this kind of stuff is what they do. These 2 work more on the editing side, but I wouldn't exactly call them noobs
- Fox has hired a pair of writers to get a FLASH GORDON movie off the ground! -- 248 total posts 169 posts
- Today's STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Status Report: Casting "Almost Complete", Second Unit Shooting Underway! -- 321 total posts 65 posts
- IT'S A SMALL WORLD: THE MOVIE directed by Jon Turteltaub is a real thing Disney wants to make! -- 73 total posts 53 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 299 total posts 51 posts
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 397 total posts 40 posts
- ‘So Who Wants To Go First??’ Amy Acker Is The Cellist In Joss Whedon’s AGENTS OF SHIELD!! ELSEWHERE & ER On PIONEERS OF TELEVISION!! New AWKWARD, SWAP, BOY, STORAGE, SCHUMER, TOSH, GLEE, FIRE, MINDY, DUSK, ORIGINALS, SUPERNATURAL, FARGO, FISHER & VOICE!! CONTAINER Finale!! Don Rickles On KIMMEL!! Natalie Dormer On SETH!! Stephen Colbert On LETTERMAN!! Elizabeth Warren On THE DAILY SHOW!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 154 total posts 26 posts
Learn What’s Ahead
For GAME OF THRONES!! -- 47 total posts 25 posts
- 4th Week of April 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: SORCERER, GET CARTER, PAWNBROKER, Slasher horror & more!!! -- 129 total posts 18 posts
- A thief will elude capture using interstellar teleportation in Doug Liman's RAILHEAD! -- 28 total posts 18 posts
- Tina Fey and Amy Poehler's THE NEST is now set to take on Luke Skywalker and friends in December 2015! -- 36 total posts 14 posts