AICN Exclusive - A SIMPLE WALK INTO MORDOR Part 2!
So, two staff members at Rooster Teeth (the studio that brought us all RED. VS. BLUE) were such big fans of THE LORD OF THE RINGS, that they decided to take the trek from the filming location of the Shire in New Zealand to the filming location of Mordor, and answer that immortal question, "Can one simply walk to Mordor?" The result, the web series A SIMPLE WALK INTO MORDOR, which features Kerry Shawcross and Chris Demarais taking that quest in 6 days. You can see Part 1 of their epic quest here at their website and see their continuing adventure. Now, Ain't It Cool has the exclusive second part to their grand mission - will Kerry and Chris continue their epic journey? In celebration of today's release of THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY, watch Part 2 here:
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Dec. 14, 2012, 9 a.m. CST
Dec. 14, 2012, 9:08 a.m. CST
by Robert Hand
32 seconds before i turned it. thats including the ad.
Dec. 14, 2012, 9:20 a.m. CST
This is super lame.
Dec. 14, 2012, 9:21 a.m. CST
Dec. 14, 2012, 9:26 a.m. CST
Dec. 14, 2012, 9:31 a.m. CST
by Stereotypical Evil Archer
Dec. 14, 2012, 9:40 a.m. CST
Dec. 14, 2012, 9:43 a.m. CST
Dec. 14, 2012, 9:43 a.m. CST
piss on this fucking turd.
Dec. 14, 2012, 9:47 a.m. CST
When Frodo would yell "CAR!" so all the fellowship would get out of the street for the F-150 to pass. He'd then shout "Quest on!" when it was safe to fan out again.
Dec. 14, 2012, 10:24 a.m. CST
Dec. 14, 2012, 10:40 a.m. CST
by James Robinson
People die from doing things that sound SO wonderfully easy, unless you happen to be utterly out of shape and totally unprepared for the potential difficulties in what is about to be attempted.. I love RvsB.. bought the box set Blu.. but this is just pure stupidity. Notice how they stopped wearing the retard hobbit feet after that initial 1st day? Glad they made it.. but still. Did NO-ONE bother to take these guys aside and simply ask them.. "Do you even fucking exercise? Do you have any idea what just getting up one morning and walking 150 miles with no prep is going to do to you???"
Dec. 14, 2012, 1:16 p.m. CST
Dec. 14, 2012, 2:09 p.m. CST
Dec. 14, 2012, 2:10 p.m. CST
Dec. 14, 2012, 3:33 p.m. CST
Dec. 15, 2012, 4 a.m. CST
by Talkbacker with no name
They didn't do it all in one day.
Dec. 15, 2012, 8:29 a.m. CST
Their problem was, they set to aggressive of a time table to get this done. Had they had an extra 3 days or so they could have taken a more a more leisurely pace.
Dec. 15, 2012, 3:40 p.m. CST
by Brodie Watson
It makes me sick to my stomach when i see people like these take a ridiculous idea and make a film about it and somehow people enjoy it. They dont know what they're doing, they did no preparation, they did no research, they did little to know study on the fauna/wildlife/geography etc to make this docu interesting. they just said 'hey lets take a trek to morder film set and film it'. That shows piss poor planning for inspiring filmmakers. They dont understand that it takes months/years of research before you should attempt to make a documentary, otherwise you're just blowing smoke up peoples asses, and giving us diarreah of the mouth.
Dec. 15, 2012, 3:50 p.m. CST
by Brodie Watson
my guess is the sign didn't lie to them about 14km they are just slow walkers
Dec. 15, 2012, 5:07 p.m. CST
Those make the best stories. It's not like they were climbing mt. hood or something. And you obviously don't know anything about RvB, this kind of stuff is what they do. These 2 work more on the editing side, but I wouldn't exactly call them noobs
- Nordling Reviews STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS! Spoilers Abound! You Are Warned! -- 372 total posts 140 posts
- The big screen adaptation of ASSASSIN'S CREED has been given a release date!!! -- 70 total posts 56 posts
- AVENGERS 2 might be filming in SOUTH AFRICA, does this mean that Black Panther is going to be a part of the action!?! -- 277 total posts 31 posts
- Harry gets seriously geeky on the very geeky cool STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS! Can't wait for the next one! & See this again! -- 1377 total posts 30 posts
- Capone reviews STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS and considers the art of messing with canon and why it doesn't bother him!!! -- 418 total posts 26 posts
- Christopher Nolan maybe, could be, might be, directing the next BOND film!?!?! -- 492 total posts 17 posts
- Did you guys like RED 2? Oh it's not out yet, well who cares?? Get ready for RED 3 anyways!!! -- 68 total posts 11 posts
- LAST THURSDAY OF SWEEPS!! The Last OFFICE Ever!! New HANNIBAL, WIPEOUT & ANGER!! Finales For ELEMENTARY, BANG, IDOL, GREY’S, SCANDAL, VAMPIRE & BEAST!! Kirk On KIMMEL!! Spock On CONAN!! Herc’s Thursday TV Talkback!! -- 150 total posts 11 posts
- EUROPA REPORT Trailer Imagines A Scientifically Realistic Trip To One Of Jupiter's Moons! -- 68 total posts 11 posts
- UPDATE The Friday Docback Calls 'The Name of the Doctor'!! DOCTOR WHO's S7 Finale Arrives This Weekend!! Now With Glen's Ultra-Brief, SPOILER FREE MiniReview!! -- 75 total posts 10 posts