AICN HORROR: Looking for some last minute horror gift ideas? How about some jewelry from the mind of Clive Barker!?!
Greetings, all. Ambush Bug here with a special holiday post! Looking for that last minute holiday gift idea for that special ghoul or goblin in your life?
Well, I was just made privy to a website selling some awesome jewelry designed by Clive Barker! From Rock Love Jewelry comes the Clive Barker Convergences Collection, unique jewelry birthed from mind of the Master of Horror and Fantasy himself.
The collection consists of three designs;
Crossroads which is from Barker’s children’s book series, ABARAT. Here’s the rundown; In 1995 Clive began painting huge dream-images which were wholly unlike his previous paintings. He began to think of them as the illustrations for a collection of 25 tales; a 'Book of Hours' which would describe all the emotions of a day, hour by hour (with an extra, mystical 25th hour). The Book Of Hours became a whole world - The Abarat - and as the paintings kept coming, so the story grew and grew into a series of four, and then five books. The cross pendant is solid nickel-free sterling silver and engraved with Clive Barker's signature on the reverse.
Next up is Spiral Eclipse and it’s from ABARAT as well. Solid nickel-free sterling silver, this one is engraved by Barker on the back too.
Last and most definitely my favorite is Eye of the Storm. Again engraved by Barker and solid nickel-free sterling silver. This one is from JUMP TRIBE. Explained as follows; Jump Tribe is an entire world based on a huge, five-canvas-wide painting by Clive - known as The Bestiary - consisting of 240 miniature creatures.
I don’t mind getting all Home Shopping Network here knowing that there are folks out there like me scrambling for new and unique ideas for those special someones (or somethings) in their lives. These little baubles are not only damn cool, but pretty affordable too! Hells, I wouldn’t mind a couple for myself!
For more amazing stuff from the esteemed Mr. Barker, check out his website here and his Facebook page here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Dec. 12, 2012, 8:49 a.m. CST
That is rubbish.
Dec. 12, 2012, 8:58 a.m. CST
Yup he's been looking at sacred geometry and symbolism and decided to calim some as his own ideas.
Dec. 12, 2012, 9:27 a.m. CST
put down the arts and crafts and do a Hellraiser reboot.
Dec. 12, 2012, 9:44 a.m. CST
by Stereotypical Evil Archer
Dec. 12, 2012, 9:46 a.m. CST
by Ambush Bug
Amazed at the lack of taste here. I like these a lot. Not sure why so much Scrooge-ness here today. Live the cliche, guys. I'm buying one of these.
Dec. 12, 2012, 9:54 a.m. CST
Oh look honey it's a table at the fair- let's see what's on it! Why bother honey it will just be a bunch of crap made of feathers and whatever was lying around in some meth head's basement.
Dec. 12, 2012, 9:55 a.m. CST
I really thought there would be more beads in his jewelry....
Dec. 12, 2012, 9:56 a.m. CST
Dec. 12, 2012, 10 a.m. CST
Dec. 12, 2012, 10:11 a.m. CST
These seem so elementary.
Dec. 12, 2012, 11:12 a.m. CST
I haven't even started thinking about it
Dec. 12, 2012, 12:21 p.m. CST
Dec. 12, 2012, 1:09 p.m. CST
on second thought- just kidding Mr Barker. :]
Dec. 12, 2012, 2:04 p.m. CST
by Bill C.
Perhaps mostly the Eye of the Storm, but still--even allowing for the crafts-fair aspect, I kind of like them. They're almost...quaint. Of course, this is where I go "Wait, so the crazy-ass motherfucker who wrote 'The Damnation Game' came up with these? So he's NOT completely fucked up in the head?"
Dec. 12, 2012, 4:54 p.m. CST
Dec. 12, 2012, 11:25 p.m. CST
AICN is overflowing with negativity these days, how are you surprised? don't sweat the cynicism dude. these are kinda cool. i grew up surfing the north coast of NSW Australia, so this stuff was like crack back then. me and my mates had beads and all kinds of random handmade charm things, a different one each week (the leather kept snapping). I was also into Barker something fierce, so if these came out back then it would've been awesome!
Dec. 13, 2012, 10:10 a.m. CST
I've seen this stuff at the Renaissance Fair every year. Not original. Maybe the pics AICN used just aren't representative. His artwork and stuff on his site is very good though. The guy's an amazing artist. Sorry if my negative opinion bums anyone out, but I'm not a generally negative person online, I just call 'em as I see 'em.
- Fox has hired a pair of writers to get a FLASH GORDON movie off the ground! -- 364 total posts 285 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 113 total posts 113 posts
- Robert Downey Jr. seems to be tweeting a picture a day from the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron... -- 91 total posts 91 posts
- Today's STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Status Report: Casting "Almost Complete", Second Unit Shooting Underway! -- 346 total posts 90 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 328 total posts 80 posts
- IT'S A SMALL WORLD: THE MOVIE directed by Jon Turteltaub is a real thing Disney wants to make! -- 93 total posts 73 posts
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 424 total posts 67 posts
- ‘So Who Wants To Go First??’ Amy Acker Is The Cellist In Joss Whedon’s AGENTS OF SHIELD!! ELSEWHERE & ER On PIONEERS OF TELEVISION!! New AWKWARD, SWAP, BOY, STORAGE, SCHUMER, TOSH, GLEE, FIRE, MINDY, DUSK, ORIGINALS, SUPERNATURAL, FARGO, FISHER & VOICE!! CONTAINER Finale!! Don Rickles On KIMMEL!! Natalie Dormer On SETH!! Stephen Colbert On LETTERMAN!! Elizabeth Warren On THE DAILY SHOW!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 194 total posts 66 posts
- The First Official BTS Shots From JURASSIC WORLD Are Here!! -- 58 total posts 58 posts
- Director Colin Trevorrow Talks The Bigger Picture Of JURASSIC WORLD!! -- 57 total posts 57 posts