AICN HORROR: Looking for some last minute horror gift ideas? How about some jewelry from the mind of Clive Barker!?!
Greetings, all. Ambush Bug here with a special holiday post! Looking for that last minute holiday gift idea for that special ghoul or goblin in your life?
Well, I was just made privy to a website selling some awesome jewelry designed by Clive Barker! From Rock Love Jewelry comes the Clive Barker Convergences Collection, unique jewelry birthed from mind of the Master of Horror and Fantasy himself.
The collection consists of three designs;
Crossroads which is from Barker’s children’s book series, ABARAT. Here’s the rundown; In 1995 Clive began painting huge dream-images which were wholly unlike his previous paintings. He began to think of them as the illustrations for a collection of 25 tales; a 'Book of Hours' which would describe all the emotions of a day, hour by hour (with an extra, mystical 25th hour). The Book Of Hours became a whole world - The Abarat - and as the paintings kept coming, so the story grew and grew into a series of four, and then five books. The cross pendant is solid nickel-free sterling silver and engraved with Clive Barker's signature on the reverse.
Next up is Spiral Eclipse and it’s from ABARAT as well. Solid nickel-free sterling silver, this one is engraved by Barker on the back too.
Last and most definitely my favorite is Eye of the Storm. Again engraved by Barker and solid nickel-free sterling silver. This one is from JUMP TRIBE. Explained as follows; Jump Tribe is an entire world based on a huge, five-canvas-wide painting by Clive - known as The Bestiary - consisting of 240 miniature creatures.
I don’t mind getting all Home Shopping Network here knowing that there are folks out there like me scrambling for new and unique ideas for those special someones (or somethings) in their lives. These little baubles are not only damn cool, but pretty affordable too! Hells, I wouldn’t mind a couple for myself!
For more amazing stuff from the esteemed Mr. Barker, check out his website here and his Facebook page here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Dec. 12, 2012, 8:49 a.m. CST
That is rubbish.
Dec. 12, 2012, 8:58 a.m. CST
Yup he's been looking at sacred geometry and symbolism and decided to calim some as his own ideas.
Dec. 12, 2012, 9:27 a.m. CST
put down the arts and crafts and do a Hellraiser reboot.
Dec. 12, 2012, 9:44 a.m. CST
by Stereotypical Evil Archer
Dec. 12, 2012, 9:46 a.m. CST
by Ambush Bug
Amazed at the lack of taste here. I like these a lot. Not sure why so much Scrooge-ness here today. Live the cliche, guys. I'm buying one of these.
Dec. 12, 2012, 9:54 a.m. CST
Oh look honey it's a table at the fair- let's see what's on it! Why bother honey it will just be a bunch of crap made of feathers and whatever was lying around in some meth head's basement.
Dec. 12, 2012, 9:55 a.m. CST
I really thought there would be more beads in his jewelry....
Dec. 12, 2012, 9:56 a.m. CST
Dec. 12, 2012, 10 a.m. CST
Dec. 12, 2012, 10:11 a.m. CST
These seem so elementary.
Dec. 12, 2012, 11:12 a.m. CST
I haven't even started thinking about it
Dec. 12, 2012, 12:21 p.m. CST
Dec. 12, 2012, 1:09 p.m. CST
on second thought- just kidding Mr Barker. :]
Dec. 12, 2012, 2:04 p.m. CST
by Bill C.
Perhaps mostly the Eye of the Storm, but still--even allowing for the crafts-fair aspect, I kind of like them. They're almost...quaint. Of course, this is where I go "Wait, so the crazy-ass motherfucker who wrote 'The Damnation Game' came up with these? So he's NOT completely fucked up in the head?"
Dec. 12, 2012, 4:54 p.m. CST
Dec. 12, 2012, 11:25 p.m. CST
AICN is overflowing with negativity these days, how are you surprised? don't sweat the cynicism dude. these are kinda cool. i grew up surfing the north coast of NSW Australia, so this stuff was like crack back then. me and my mates had beads and all kinds of random handmade charm things, a different one each week (the leather kept snapping). I was also into Barker something fierce, so if these came out back then it would've been awesome!
Dec. 13, 2012, 10:10 a.m. CST
I've seen this stuff at the Renaissance Fair every year. Not original. Maybe the pics AICN used just aren't representative. His artwork and stuff on his site is very good though. The guy's an amazing artist. Sorry if my negative opinion bums anyone out, but I'm not a generally negative person online, I just call 'em as I see 'em.
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 300 total posts 164 posts
- A New Poster Of Angelina Jolie As MALEFICENT!! -- 89 total posts 89 posts
- ‘We Got Six Bullets!!’ Sunday Brings WALKING DEAD 4.13!! -- 156 total posts 78 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 284 total posts 70 posts
- Hercules Says RESURRECTION Is Easily The Best Broadcast Pilot Of The 2013-14 Season And ABC’s Best Pilot In Years!! -- 70 total posts 32 posts
- New BATES, BONES, BEAST, BRAIN, BEING, BELIEVE, BITTEN!! BACHELOR & BEAST Finales!! MOTHER, MOLLY, MORTY, MAYNE, KILL, VOICE, DALLAS, SWITCHED, FOSTERS, ROADSHOW, INTELLIGENCE, STARCROSSED, FOLLOWING, WOLF, RAW, & LOST GIRL!! The Return Of THE PEOPLE’S COUCH!! Emily Mortimer On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 20 total posts 20 posts
- Quint checks out Aussie drug thriller THE MULE starring Hugo Weaving at SXSW 2014! -- 19 total posts 19 posts
- Meet your new FANTASTIC FOUR!! -- 1648 total posts 16 posts
- 'We Mustn’t Disappoint Father!!' Check Out The Size Of Dany’s Dragons In The Latest Trailer For GAME OF THRONES Season Four!! -- 16 total posts 16 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 317 total posts 16 posts