AICN HORROR: Looking for some last minute horror gift ideas? How about some jewelry from the mind of Clive Barker!?!
Greetings, all. Ambush Bug here with a special holiday post! Looking for that last minute holiday gift idea for that special ghoul or goblin in your life?
Well, I was just made privy to a website selling some awesome jewelry designed by Clive Barker! From Rock Love Jewelry comes the Clive Barker Convergences Collection, unique jewelry birthed from mind of the Master of Horror and Fantasy himself.
The collection consists of three designs;
Crossroads which is from Barker’s children’s book series, ABARAT. Here’s the rundown; In 1995 Clive began painting huge dream-images which were wholly unlike his previous paintings. He began to think of them as the illustrations for a collection of 25 tales; a 'Book of Hours' which would describe all the emotions of a day, hour by hour (with an extra, mystical 25th hour). The Book Of Hours became a whole world - The Abarat - and as the paintings kept coming, so the story grew and grew into a series of four, and then five books. The cross pendant is solid nickel-free sterling silver and engraved with Clive Barker's signature on the reverse.
Next up is Spiral Eclipse and it’s from ABARAT as well. Solid nickel-free sterling silver, this one is engraved by Barker on the back too.
Last and most definitely my favorite is Eye of the Storm. Again engraved by Barker and solid nickel-free sterling silver. This one is from JUMP TRIBE. Explained as follows; Jump Tribe is an entire world based on a huge, five-canvas-wide painting by Clive - known as The Bestiary - consisting of 240 miniature creatures.
I don’t mind getting all Home Shopping Network here knowing that there are folks out there like me scrambling for new and unique ideas for those special someones (or somethings) in their lives. These little baubles are not only damn cool, but pretty affordable too! Hells, I wouldn’t mind a couple for myself!
For more amazing stuff from the esteemed Mr. Barker, check out his website here and his Facebook page here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Dec. 12, 2012, 8:49 a.m. CST
That is rubbish.
Dec. 12, 2012, 8:58 a.m. CST
Yup he's been looking at sacred geometry and symbolism and decided to calim some as his own ideas.
Dec. 12, 2012, 9:27 a.m. CST
put down the arts and crafts and do a Hellraiser reboot.
Dec. 12, 2012, 9:44 a.m. CST
by Stereotypical Evil Archer
Dec. 12, 2012, 9:46 a.m. CST
by Ambush Bug
Amazed at the lack of taste here. I like these a lot. Not sure why so much Scrooge-ness here today. Live the cliche, guys. I'm buying one of these.
Dec. 12, 2012, 9:54 a.m. CST
Oh look honey it's a table at the fair- let's see what's on it! Why bother honey it will just be a bunch of crap made of feathers and whatever was lying around in some meth head's basement.
Dec. 12, 2012, 9:55 a.m. CST
I really thought there would be more beads in his jewelry....
Dec. 12, 2012, 9:56 a.m. CST
Dec. 12, 2012, 10 a.m. CST
Dec. 12, 2012, 10:11 a.m. CST
These seem so elementary.
Dec. 12, 2012, 11:12 a.m. CST
I haven't even started thinking about it
Dec. 12, 2012, 12:21 p.m. CST
Dec. 12, 2012, 1:09 p.m. CST
on second thought- just kidding Mr Barker. :]
Dec. 12, 2012, 2:04 p.m. CST
by Bill C.
Perhaps mostly the Eye of the Storm, but still--even allowing for the crafts-fair aspect, I kind of like them. They're almost...quaint. Of course, this is where I go "Wait, so the crazy-ass motherfucker who wrote 'The Damnation Game' came up with these? So he's NOT completely fucked up in the head?"
Dec. 12, 2012, 4:54 p.m. CST
Dec. 12, 2012, 11:25 p.m. CST
AICN is overflowing with negativity these days, how are you surprised? don't sweat the cynicism dude. these are kinda cool. i grew up surfing the north coast of NSW Australia, so this stuff was like crack back then. me and my mates had beads and all kinds of random handmade charm things, a different one each week (the leather kept snapping). I was also into Barker something fierce, so if these came out back then it would've been awesome!
Dec. 13, 2012, 10:10 a.m. CST
I've seen this stuff at the Renaissance Fair every year. Not original. Maybe the pics AICN used just aren't representative. His artwork and stuff on his site is very good though. The guy's an amazing artist. Sorry if my negative opinion bums anyone out, but I'm not a generally negative person online, I just call 'em as I see 'em.
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 253 total posts 152 posts
- The GODZILLA Sequel Has A Writer!! -- 139 total posts 139 posts
- Rejoice! DEADPOOL: THE MOVIE comin' to you in February 2016!! -- 254 total posts 117 posts
- DOCTOR WHO S08E05 ‘Time Heist’ Reader Reaction Begins Now!! + HornOrSilk’s ‘Domain Of The Voord’ Big Finish Audio Review, Synopses For Upcoming S8 Eps, And More!! UPDATE RE: UPCOMING UK TIME CHANGE!! -- 84 total posts 84 posts
- Quint is surprisingly quite fond of Kevin Smith's TUSK! Fantastic Fest 2014! -- 72 total posts 72 posts
- Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR gets pushed back nearly two months, and knocks ASSASSIN'S CREED off the calendar! -- 151 total posts 60 posts
- Guy Ritchie brings a mermaid onto land to play his Guinevere in KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE: KING ARTHUR! -- 113 total posts 57 posts
- Gaze Upon the Trailer for Tim Burton's BIG EYES! -- 42 total posts 42 posts
- Muldoon Happily Gets Lost in THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 67 total posts 39 posts
- Here’s A Video Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII’s Millennium Falcon, Highlighting One Little Detail… -- 449 total posts 38 posts