AICN HORROR: Looking for some last minute horror gift ideas? How about some jewelry from the mind of Clive Barker!?!
Greetings, all. Ambush Bug here with a special holiday post! Looking for that last minute holiday gift idea for that special ghoul or goblin in your life?
Well, I was just made privy to a website selling some awesome jewelry designed by Clive Barker! From Rock Love Jewelry comes the Clive Barker Convergences Collection, unique jewelry birthed from mind of the Master of Horror and Fantasy himself.
The collection consists of three designs;
Crossroads which is from Barker’s children’s book series, ABARAT. Here’s the rundown; In 1995 Clive began painting huge dream-images which were wholly unlike his previous paintings. He began to think of them as the illustrations for a collection of 25 tales; a 'Book of Hours' which would describe all the emotions of a day, hour by hour (with an extra, mystical 25th hour). The Book Of Hours became a whole world - The Abarat - and as the paintings kept coming, so the story grew and grew into a series of four, and then five books. The cross pendant is solid nickel-free sterling silver and engraved with Clive Barker's signature on the reverse.
Next up is Spiral Eclipse and it’s from ABARAT as well. Solid nickel-free sterling silver, this one is engraved by Barker on the back too.
Last and most definitely my favorite is Eye of the Storm. Again engraved by Barker and solid nickel-free sterling silver. This one is from JUMP TRIBE. Explained as follows; Jump Tribe is an entire world based on a huge, five-canvas-wide painting by Clive - known as The Bestiary - consisting of 240 miniature creatures.
I don’t mind getting all Home Shopping Network here knowing that there are folks out there like me scrambling for new and unique ideas for those special someones (or somethings) in their lives. These little baubles are not only damn cool, but pretty affordable too! Hells, I wouldn’t mind a couple for myself!
For more amazing stuff from the esteemed Mr. Barker, check out his website here and his Facebook page here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Dec. 12, 2012, 8:49 a.m. CST
That is rubbish.
Dec. 12, 2012, 8:58 a.m. CST
Yup he's been looking at sacred geometry and symbolism and decided to calim some as his own ideas.
Dec. 12, 2012, 9:27 a.m. CST
put down the arts and crafts and do a Hellraiser reboot.
Dec. 12, 2012, 9:44 a.m. CST
by Stereotypical Evil Archer
Dec. 12, 2012, 9:46 a.m. CST
by Ambush Bug
Amazed at the lack of taste here. I like these a lot. Not sure why so much Scrooge-ness here today. Live the cliche, guys. I'm buying one of these.
Dec. 12, 2012, 9:54 a.m. CST
Oh look honey it's a table at the fair- let's see what's on it! Why bother honey it will just be a bunch of crap made of feathers and whatever was lying around in some meth head's basement.
Dec. 12, 2012, 9:55 a.m. CST
I really thought there would be more beads in his jewelry....
Dec. 12, 2012, 9:56 a.m. CST
Dec. 12, 2012, 10 a.m. CST
Dec. 12, 2012, 10:11 a.m. CST
These seem so elementary.
Dec. 12, 2012, 11:12 a.m. CST
I haven't even started thinking about it
Dec. 12, 2012, 12:21 p.m. CST
Dec. 12, 2012, 1:09 p.m. CST
on second thought- just kidding Mr Barker. :]
Dec. 12, 2012, 2:04 p.m. CST
by Bill C.
Perhaps mostly the Eye of the Storm, but still--even allowing for the crafts-fair aspect, I kind of like them. They're almost...quaint. Of course, this is where I go "Wait, so the crazy-ass motherfucker who wrote 'The Damnation Game' came up with these? So he's NOT completely fucked up in the head?"
Dec. 12, 2012, 4:54 p.m. CST
Dec. 12, 2012, 11:25 p.m. CST
AICN is overflowing with negativity these days, how are you surprised? don't sweat the cynicism dude. these are kinda cool. i grew up surfing the north coast of NSW Australia, so this stuff was like crack back then. me and my mates had beads and all kinds of random handmade charm things, a different one each week (the leather kept snapping). I was also into Barker something fierce, so if these came out back then it would've been awesome!
Dec. 13, 2012, 10:10 a.m. CST
I've seen this stuff at the Renaissance Fair every year. Not original. Maybe the pics AICN used just aren't representative. His artwork and stuff on his site is very good though. The guy's an amazing artist. Sorry if my negative opinion bums anyone out, but I'm not a generally negative person online, I just call 'em as I see 'em.
- Nordling Reviews STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS! Spoilers Abound! You Are Warned! -- 372 total posts 140 posts
- The big screen adaptation of ASSASSIN'S CREED has been given a release date!!! -- 68 total posts 54 posts
- AVENGERS 2 might be filming in SOUTH AFRICA, does this mean that Black Panther is going to be a part of the action!?! -- 277 total posts 31 posts
- Harry gets seriously geeky on the very geeky cool STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS! Can't wait for the next one! & See this again! -- 1377 total posts 30 posts
- Capone reviews STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS and considers the art of messing with canon and why it doesn't bother him!!! -- 417 total posts 25 posts
- Christopher Nolan maybe, could be, might be, directing the next BOND film!?!?! -- 492 total posts 17 posts
- Did you guys like RED 2? Oh it's not out yet, well who cares?? Get ready for RED 3 anyways!!! -- 68 total posts 11 posts
- LAST THURSDAY OF SWEEPS!! The Last OFFICE Ever!! New HANNIBAL, WIPEOUT & ANGER!! Finales For ELEMENTARY, BANG, IDOL, GREY’S, SCANDAL, VAMPIRE & BEAST!! Kirk On KIMMEL!! Spock On CONAN!! Herc’s Thursday TV Talkback!! -- 150 total posts 11 posts
- EUROPA REPORT Trailer Imagines A Scientifically Realistic Trip To One Of Jupiter's Moons! -- 68 total posts 11 posts
- UPDATE The Friday Docback Calls 'The Name of the Doctor'!! DOCTOR WHO's S7 Finale Arrives This Weekend!! Now With Glen's Ultra-Brief, SPOILER FREE MiniReview!! -- 75 total posts 10 posts