The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day wishes you a (Laurel and) hearty Thanksgiving!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
Sorry, I couldn’t resist reusing that Blazing Saddles pun for the headline. But I wasn’t foolin’, I do have a Laurel and Hardy picture for you. It’s more of a candid shot than a true BTS pic, but I love it. It’s the comic duo surrounded by their biggest fans, a group of kids!
Happy Thanksgiving everybody!
Thanks to Rabs for the shot! Click to enlargen!
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tomorrow’s pic makes an offer you can’t refuse.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Nov. 22, 2012, 8:09 a.m. CST
Nov. 22, 2012, 8:12 a.m. CST
... in the 80's. Came on in the early afternoon, and I worked my class schedules around it. Just wonderful stuff.
Nov. 22, 2012, 8:14 a.m. CST
by Bill Kilgore
Thanks Quint, and Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Nov. 22, 2012, 8:44 a.m. CST
Best physical comedians, still. No one touches them.
Nov. 22, 2012, 9:21 a.m. CST
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuP40uRjU_s&feature=relmfu x out the boxes and DON"T go to his webpage
Nov. 22, 2012, 10:05 a.m. CST
Nov. 22, 2012, 10:16 a.m. CST
Thanks BTS for a lovely pic of two of the biggest stars in comedy just giving to the fans
Nov. 22, 2012, 10:17 a.m. CST
Bilko was awesome, used to watch it on a Sunday on BBC2 back in the 80's
Nov. 22, 2012, 10:30 a.m. CST
Nov. 22, 2012, 10:50 a.m. CST
by The StarWolf
This story, which if it isn't true ought to be, pretty much describes Mr. Laurel's character. In his last days he was bedridden in hospital and, as a nurse drew open the curtains on the window in his room, he commented that he'd really like being out there skiing. Surprised, the nurse said she didn't know he liked to ski. Laurel replied "I don't. But I'd still rather be out there doing that than be in here doing this."
Nov. 22, 2012, 11 a.m. CST
Nov. 22, 2012, 11:01 a.m. CST
Nov. 22, 2012, 11:02 a.m. CST
Nov. 22, 2012, 11:20 a.m. CST
by Royston Lodge
Methinks they've gotta be kid actors auditioning for sumthin'. The blonde boy looking at the camera, especially, deserves a punch in the face. (If it turns out he later died on D-Day or something, I'm gonna feel like shit...)
Nov. 22, 2012, 11:39 a.m. CST
by angry kitty
Mom liked L&H. Dad liked Abbott & Costello. Of course as a kid whichever parent won out for family viewing choice, I still won out. Pretty grateful for that.
Nov. 22, 2012, 2 p.m. CST
Nov. 22, 2012, 2:17 p.m. CST
This year I'm grateful the Mouse bought Lucasfilm and we'll have new SW movies in a couple of years.
Nov. 22, 2012, 2:38 p.m. CST
Funniest comment I have read today. Happy Thanksgiving!
Nov. 22, 2012, 6:12 p.m. CST
These kids are probably children of studio employees.
Nov. 22, 2012, 6:20 p.m. CST
Seriously, these guys should be sainted. I can be having the worst day ever and they can still make me laugh.
Nov. 22, 2012, 6:49 p.m. CST
by Kyle DeMattio
Mongo like Candy BOOM!
Nov. 22, 2012, 6:51 p.m. CST
by Mr Lucas
for The Hitler Youth? L&H were always my favourites. Never found Chaplin funny. I liked Harold Lloyd though.
Nov. 22, 2012, 11:38 p.m. CST
by Norman Colson
THEY NEED TO REMASTER IT THOUGH. IT LOOKS SO PAINFUL TO WATCH ON BASIC TV, IN IT'S BROWN HUES... UGHHH
Nov. 23, 2012, 3:20 a.m. CST
Nov. 23, 2012, 11:42 a.m. CST
Which film were they making at the time?
Nov. 23, 2012, 2:22 p.m. CST
by angry kitty
Pack up your Troubles I think.
Nov. 24, 2012, 5:06 a.m. CST
Laurel & Hardy are immortals
Nov. 25, 2012, 1:24 p.m. CST
It is amazing how Oliver Hardy's comic timing and Stan's perfect, deadpan demeanour can still leave so many modern comedians standing. Legends both.
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 164 total posts 23 posts
- Edgar Wright's Next Project Revealed! -- 124 total posts 16 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 341 total posts 14 posts
- "I would never order an alcoholic beverage on the bridge..." Trailer for SPACE STATION 76 has its heart firmly in place and its tongue firmly in cheek! -- 61 total posts 12 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 170 total posts 12 posts
- A New & Full Length Trailer For Disney XD’s STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 63 total posts 11 posts
- JJ Abrams reveals a rusted out, beat up awesome looking X-Wing in new video! -- 550 total posts 10 posts
- New Trailer Promises the Creepiest HONEYMOON Ever! -- 27 total posts 9 posts
- A Recently Recovered Gene Roddenberry Interview Leads To A Kickstarter About The Early Days Of STAR TREK!! -- 73 total posts 7 posts
- AICN Austin's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Screening at Alamo Lakeline is set! Come join the fun! -- 6 total posts 6 posts