The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day wishes you a (Laurel and) hearty Thanksgiving!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
Sorry, I couldn’t resist reusing that Blazing Saddles pun for the headline. But I wasn’t foolin’, I do have a Laurel and Hardy picture for you. It’s more of a candid shot than a true BTS pic, but I love it. It’s the comic duo surrounded by their biggest fans, a group of kids!
Happy Thanksgiving everybody!
Thanks to Rabs for the shot! Click to enlargen!
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tomorrow’s pic makes an offer you can’t refuse.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Nov. 22, 2012, 8:09 a.m. CST
Nov. 22, 2012, 8:12 a.m. CST
... in the 80's. Came on in the early afternoon, and I worked my class schedules around it. Just wonderful stuff.
Nov. 22, 2012, 8:14 a.m. CST
by Bill Kilgore
Thanks Quint, and Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Nov. 22, 2012, 8:44 a.m. CST
Best physical comedians, still. No one touches them.
Nov. 22, 2012, 9:21 a.m. CST
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuP40uRjU_s&feature=relmfu x out the boxes and DON"T go to his webpage
Nov. 22, 2012, 10:05 a.m. CST
Nov. 22, 2012, 10:16 a.m. CST
Thanks BTS for a lovely pic of two of the biggest stars in comedy just giving to the fans
Nov. 22, 2012, 10:17 a.m. CST
Bilko was awesome, used to watch it on a Sunday on BBC2 back in the 80's
Nov. 22, 2012, 10:30 a.m. CST
Nov. 22, 2012, 10:50 a.m. CST
by The StarWolf
This story, which if it isn't true ought to be, pretty much describes Mr. Laurel's character. In his last days he was bedridden in hospital and, as a nurse drew open the curtains on the window in his room, he commented that he'd really like being out there skiing. Surprised, the nurse said she didn't know he liked to ski. Laurel replied "I don't. But I'd still rather be out there doing that than be in here doing this."
Nov. 22, 2012, 11 a.m. CST
Nov. 22, 2012, 11:01 a.m. CST
Nov. 22, 2012, 11:02 a.m. CST
Nov. 22, 2012, 11:20 a.m. CST
by Royston Lodge
Methinks they've gotta be kid actors auditioning for sumthin'. The blonde boy looking at the camera, especially, deserves a punch in the face. (If it turns out he later died on D-Day or something, I'm gonna feel like shit...)
Nov. 22, 2012, 11:39 a.m. CST
by angry kitty
Mom liked L&H. Dad liked Abbott & Costello. Of course as a kid whichever parent won out for family viewing choice, I still won out. Pretty grateful for that.
Nov. 22, 2012, 2 p.m. CST
Nov. 22, 2012, 2:17 p.m. CST
This year I'm grateful the Mouse bought Lucasfilm and we'll have new SW movies in a couple of years.
Nov. 22, 2012, 2:38 p.m. CST
Funniest comment I have read today. Happy Thanksgiving!
Nov. 22, 2012, 6:12 p.m. CST
These kids are probably children of studio employees.
Nov. 22, 2012, 6:20 p.m. CST
Seriously, these guys should be sainted. I can be having the worst day ever and they can still make me laugh.
Nov. 22, 2012, 6:49 p.m. CST
by Kyle DeMattio
Mongo like Candy BOOM!
Nov. 22, 2012, 6:51 p.m. CST
by Mr Lucas
for The Hitler Youth? L&H were always my favourites. Never found Chaplin funny. I liked Harold Lloyd though.
Nov. 22, 2012, 11:38 p.m. CST
by Norman Colson
THEY NEED TO REMASTER IT THOUGH. IT LOOKS SO PAINFUL TO WATCH ON BASIC TV, IN IT'S BROWN HUES... UGHHH
Nov. 23, 2012, 3:20 a.m. CST
Nov. 23, 2012, 11:42 a.m. CST
Which film were they making at the time?
Nov. 23, 2012, 2:22 p.m. CST
by angry kitty
Pack up your Troubles I think.
Nov. 24, 2012, 5:06 a.m. CST
Laurel & Hardy are immortals
Nov. 25, 2012, 1:24 p.m. CST
It is amazing how Oliver Hardy's comic timing and Stan's perfect, deadpan demeanour can still leave so many modern comedians standing. Legends both.
- Superman & Lois Lane get wet together!!! BATMAN VS SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE!!! -- 307 total posts 242 posts
- Capone examines how THE NOVEMBER MAN takes the weakest James Bond and makes him a killer spy!!! -- 197 total posts 197 posts
- Mike Epps Is Lee Daniels's Richard Pryor! -- 150 total posts 89 posts
- Ridley Scott Says The BLADE RUNNER Sequel Is Written And It’s… -- 441 total posts 85 posts
- Copernicus interviews Andy Weir, author of THE MARTIAN -- Ridley Scott's next film! -- 67 total posts 67 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 277 total posts 48 posts
- Harry Potter Gets Horny!! No, Really!! See, He Has HORNS!! -- 42 total posts 42 posts
- BIG HERO 6 Coming To Disney Infinity 2.0!! And STAR WARS!? -- 42 total posts 42 posts
- A New Poster For Robert Downey Jr’s THE JUDGE (It Has A Great Cast)!! -- 36 total posts 36 posts
- Fox To Remake LAURA With A Screenplay By James Ellroy! -- 55 total posts 34 posts