South Florida - Want To Celebrate Season 2 Of STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION On The Big Screen?! The Kidd Has The Details!!
The Kidd here...
Alright, STAR TREK fans of South Florida... I've got something pretty cool for you.
I may not be a fan of the franchise (just never was my thing, although J.J. Abrams certainly did get me curious to get more invested in the characters), but I recognize the enormous fandom the various crews of STAR TREK have developed over the years, and, as a result, have a sweet opportunity for those who consider themselves die hards of THE NEXT GENERATION.
NCM Fathom Events and CBS Home Entertainment have been holding these one night only events where they showcase some of the most popular episodes of ST:TNG's run in advance of a particular season's Blu-ray release. Not too long ago, they held a celebration like this for Season 1, and on Thursday, November 29, at 7:00 p.m., there's doing it again for Season 2, featuring the episodes "Q Who?" and "The Measure of a Man, in addition to about 13 minutes of never before seen additional content. You get exclusive looks at the Season 2 restoration for the Blu-ray release, unseen cast interviews and plenty more.
And I just happen to have FIVE pairs of tickets to this event at the AMC Sunset Place 24 in South Miami for the taking.
How do you lay claim to landing yourself a couple of tickets for you and the fellow STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION fan of your choosing?
Simply just lay out your STAR TREK fandom for me.
How you choose to go about that is entirely up to you. If you want to explain your love of ST: TNG in essay form, go for it. Go pictures of memorabilia or costumes to show me... that's your call. But, in the end, I'll go through all the entries and pick out who I think are five seriously dedicated fans and send them on their way to attend STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION - A Celebration of Season 2.
Remember... it isn't about how much stuff you have, it's about your amount of love, so prove it however you feel necessary.
In the body of the email, send your name and proof of STAR TREK fandom to Contests@AintItCool.com with the following subject line exactly (in all CAPS):
LET'S BOLDLY GO
I'll be taking your entries until Monday night, November 26, at 11:59 p.m. EST, giving you plenty of time over the Thanksgiving weekend to build your case.
Winners will be notified via email and posted up on the site.
Good luck to you all, and thanks to NCM Fathom Events and CBS Home Entertainment for setting this up with us.
To find out where you can see STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION - A Celebration of Season 2 in your own area, be sure to check HERE for theatres also hosting the event.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Nov. 20, 2012, 11:51 a.m. CST
by Samuel Fulmer
Any new movie news??????
Nov. 20, 2012, 12:29 p.m. CST
I'll be taking your entries...I guess it's that kind of Star Trek party.
Nov. 20, 2012, 12:35 p.m. CST
If you liked Abrams take, you are right, you don't like Trek.
Nov. 20, 2012, 1:44 p.m. CST
Nov. 20, 2012, 2:10 p.m. CST
by Carmen A
To watch them kill this franchise over time. First Berman, then Braga then Abrams. I guess the suck has ruled longer now than the original good stuff, so no one will even remember when ST was great. Oh well, change and all that.
Nov. 20, 2012, 8:32 p.m. CST
...and he gets no bites. <p> Except... he is getting bites... *sigh*
Nov. 20, 2012, 9:04 p.m. CST
Well fuck him!!!! He's not a sci-fi fan unless he has some love for Trek. Real Star Trek. Not that Orci-written bullshit. Anyway, note to AICN: never let a writer start an article with "I'm not a fan..." since it just kills it for anyone that is a fan. Doesn't "Merrick" or whatever like Trek? Let him write it. Dumb-ass movie, AICN.
Nov. 20, 2012, 11:48 p.m. CST
I know many people liked it but it just didn't feel right and had many issues. Many. I also didn't like the phaser firing sounds and the torpedoes were silly. A black hole can't overwhelm warp 9
Nov. 21, 2012, 4:52 a.m. CST
Nov. 22, 2012, 3:04 a.m. CST
...so I decided to go. Fuck it. I'm never going to see TNG in another movie. At least they're doing this with eps that have some new footage. Could be fun.
Nov. 22, 2012, 5:39 a.m. CST
It also brings back some great memories of my childhood. Boy do I wish the future resembles the one on the Enterprise D.
Nov. 23, 2012, 8:15 a.m. CST
Lots of overlap with people who have never set foot in a library of their own volition (i.e. not for a school assignment) and who think the ultimate success in life would be to become a rich and famous Hollywood star (a life that is more or less a nightmare of stress and overexposure... I suppose if you're wildly extroverted it might be tolerable).
Nov. 23, 2012, 9:45 a.m. CST
In my experience people who like Trek enough to be familiar with the TV shows tend to have visited a library for their own amusement, and would rather invent something or understand something than be famous.
Nov. 23, 2012, 2:29 p.m. CST
ALthough the design is off and the Enterprise bridge was as ugly as an Ikea store.
- 1st wk of Sept 2014's PICKS & PEEKS with Universal Monsters, FIRESTARTER, Eco-Terrorism, swords & fantasy! -- 23 total posts 19 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 720 total posts 6 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 419 total posts 6 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 377 total posts 5 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 29 total posts 4 posts
- AICN HORROR: Dr. Karen Oughton checks out four fear-filled films from Film4 FrightFest 2014: THE LAST SHOWING! SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR! THE GUEST! DOC OF THE DEAD! -- 3 total posts 3 posts
- A New Clip From STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 31 total posts 2 posts
- Harry may be crazy about SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR - but so may you -- 569 total posts 2 posts
- Badger Narrates The DRUNK HISTORY Finale!! HOUDINI Finale!! ROYAL PAINS Finale!! RIZZOLI & ISLES Finale!! HARD KNOCKS Finale!! New TALENT, CARTER, GEAR, LITTLE, LIARS, MATADOR, WIZARD!! The Chenbot On LETTERMAN!! Brienne Of Tarth On CRAIG!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 2 total posts 2 posts
- "Do you understand what it's like to be a genius?!!" Dan Harmon takes his show on the road in this trailer for HARMONTOWN! -- 19 total posts 1 post