There’s no love in the Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day’s violence.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
I remember flipping through the film guide the one and only time I’ve attended the Vancouver Film Festival in 2001. There was a picture of a man hanging from hooks and the title “Ichi the Killer” underneath that gruesome photo. “This looks interesting,” I thought. I had never heard of Takashi Miike before that moment, but when I immediately watched Ichi the Killer his name was forever seared into my memory. That’s why when I heard his next movie, Audition, was opening in Austin I dragged my friends to see it and I was the only one even the slightest bit prepared for the dark turn that film took.
Ichi the Killer is wrong in every way a movie can possibly be wrong without taking a left turn into morbid, sickening Serbian Film territory. It’s gross, awful, but goofy and fun at the same time. And gory, did I mention gory?
Today’s picture comes from the special effects department on Ichi and features a rather unfortunate individual. Viva Miike! Click to enlargen.
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at email@example.com.
Danger, danger! Tomorrow’s pic is a pop culture mashup way before it became popular.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Nov. 19, 2012, 3:58 a.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2012, 4:06 a.m. CST
He was hoping for more lactation.
Nov. 19, 2012, 4:34 a.m. CST
by mick vance
damned near killed him!
Nov. 19, 2012, 4:48 a.m. CST
Toaster vs. minimoog?
Nov. 19, 2012, 5:16 a.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2012, 6:07 a.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2012, 6:10 a.m. CST
BTW - Man of Steel, Wolverine, trailers added to - Pacific Rim, Star trek, to run in front of The Hobbit...just sayin'
Nov. 19, 2012, 6:12 a.m. CST
by Righteous Brother
Nov. 19, 2012, 7:26 a.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2012, 7:29 a.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2012, 7:42 a.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2012, 8 a.m. CST
Especially the episode he did for Masters of Horror that Showtime passed on. Christ, this guy's got some different ideas on hanging baskets.
Nov. 19, 2012, 8:52 a.m. CST
I was thinking the same thing. Well done!
Nov. 19, 2012, 10:20 a.m. CST
by Nice Marmot
Nov. 19, 2012, 10:25 a.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2012, 10:38 a.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2012, 12:02 p.m. CST
just couldn't get into it. Prefer Audition, and so glad the planned American remake never came about.
Nov. 19, 2012, 12:07 p.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2012, 3:08 p.m. CST
- We have the first trailer for THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 right here and it hints towards some pretty exciting things!! -- 567 total posts 567 posts
- Bryan Singer signals... the APOCALYPSE... X-MEN fans should be getting giddy! -- 273 total posts 273 posts
- So The MAN OF STEEL Sequel Has (At Least) A Third Superhero In It... -- 715 total posts 174 posts
- Universal Releases A Nice Tribute To Paul Walker... -- 97 total posts 97 posts
- LIFE OF PI Scribe David Magee to Pen New NARNIA Film! -- 97 total posts 97 posts
- Beatles' manager Brian Epstein to get his own flick, entitled THE FIFTH BEATLE! -- 117 total posts 90 posts
- Trailer and Release Date for NURSE 3D! -- 58 total posts 58 posts
- This New HOBBIT Production Diary Shows Us Laketown, Smaug Bits, And Table Tennis Playing Middle Earthers!! -- 52 total posts 52 posts
- WARCRAFT is getting its cast together! Adds Ben Foster, Dominic Cooper, Toby Kebbell, and more! -- 93 total posts 50 posts
- Joe Dante's Making A New Movie Called BURYING THE EX And You Can Be A Part Of It! -- 53 total posts 48 posts