There’s no love in the Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day’s violence.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
I remember flipping through the film guide the one and only time I’ve attended the Vancouver Film Festival in 2001. There was a picture of a man hanging from hooks and the title “Ichi the Killer” underneath that gruesome photo. “This looks interesting,” I thought. I had never heard of Takashi Miike before that moment, but when I immediately watched Ichi the Killer his name was forever seared into my memory. That’s why when I heard his next movie, Audition, was opening in Austin I dragged my friends to see it and I was the only one even the slightest bit prepared for the dark turn that film took.
Ichi the Killer is wrong in every way a movie can possibly be wrong without taking a left turn into morbid, sickening Serbian Film territory. It’s gross, awful, but goofy and fun at the same time. And gory, did I mention gory?
Today’s picture comes from the special effects department on Ichi and features a rather unfortunate individual. Viva Miike! Click to enlargen.
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Danger, danger! Tomorrow’s pic is a pop culture mashup way before it became popular.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Nov. 19, 2012, 3:58 a.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2012, 4:06 a.m. CST
He was hoping for more lactation.
Nov. 19, 2012, 4:34 a.m. CST
by mick vance
damned near killed him!
Nov. 19, 2012, 4:48 a.m. CST
Toaster vs. minimoog?
Nov. 19, 2012, 5:16 a.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2012, 6:07 a.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2012, 6:10 a.m. CST
BTW - Man of Steel, Wolverine, trailers added to - Pacific Rim, Star trek, to run in front of The Hobbit...just sayin'
Nov. 19, 2012, 6:12 a.m. CST
by Righteous Brother
Nov. 19, 2012, 7:26 a.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2012, 7:29 a.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2012, 7:42 a.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2012, 8 a.m. CST
Especially the episode he did for Masters of Horror that Showtime passed on. Christ, this guy's got some different ideas on hanging baskets.
Nov. 19, 2012, 8:52 a.m. CST
I was thinking the same thing. Well done!
Nov. 19, 2012, 10:20 a.m. CST
by Nice Marmot
Nov. 19, 2012, 10:25 a.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2012, 10:38 a.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2012, 12:02 p.m. CST
just couldn't get into it. Prefer Audition, and so glad the planned American remake never came about.
Nov. 19, 2012, 12:07 p.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2012, 3:08 p.m. CST
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 116 total posts 91 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 101 total posts 57 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 556 total posts 33 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 171 total posts 28 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 174 total posts 17 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 104 total posts 14 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 355 total posts 8 posts
- Check Out Thomas Haden Church in this Trailer for WHITEWASH! -- 62 total posts 6 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 207 total posts 4 posts
- In Many Ways We Need Each Other!! Graham & Lecter Reform Their Crimefighting Team On HANNIBAL!! New WHOSE, FIVE-0, BLOODS, UNFORGETTABLE, DIXIE, GUNS, LAST & SMACKDOWN!! Return Of THE WRITERS’ ROOM!! HANGER 1 Finale!! Shatner On CRAIG!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 24 total posts 4 posts