There’s no love in the Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day’s violence.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
I remember flipping through the film guide the one and only time I’ve attended the Vancouver Film Festival in 2001. There was a picture of a man hanging from hooks and the title “Ichi the Killer” underneath that gruesome photo. “This looks interesting,” I thought. I had never heard of Takashi Miike before that moment, but when I immediately watched Ichi the Killer his name was forever seared into my memory. That’s why when I heard his next movie, Audition, was opening in Austin I dragged my friends to see it and I was the only one even the slightest bit prepared for the dark turn that film took.
Ichi the Killer is wrong in every way a movie can possibly be wrong without taking a left turn into morbid, sickening Serbian Film territory. It’s gross, awful, but goofy and fun at the same time. And gory, did I mention gory?
Today’s picture comes from the special effects department on Ichi and features a rather unfortunate individual. Viva Miike! Click to enlargen.
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at email@example.com.
Danger, danger! Tomorrow’s pic is a pop culture mashup way before it became popular.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Nov. 19, 2012, 3:58 a.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2012, 4:06 a.m. CST
He was hoping for more lactation.
Nov. 19, 2012, 4:34 a.m. CST
by mick vance
damned near killed him!
Nov. 19, 2012, 4:48 a.m. CST
Toaster vs. minimoog?
Nov. 19, 2012, 5:16 a.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2012, 6:07 a.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2012, 6:10 a.m. CST
BTW - Man of Steel, Wolverine, trailers added to - Pacific Rim, Star trek, to run in front of The Hobbit...just sayin'
Nov. 19, 2012, 6:12 a.m. CST
by Righteous Brother
Nov. 19, 2012, 7:26 a.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2012, 7:29 a.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2012, 7:42 a.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2012, 8 a.m. CST
Especially the episode he did for Masters of Horror that Showtime passed on. Christ, this guy's got some different ideas on hanging baskets.
Nov. 19, 2012, 8:52 a.m. CST
I was thinking the same thing. Well done!
Nov. 19, 2012, 10:20 a.m. CST
by Nice Marmot
Nov. 19, 2012, 10:25 a.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2012, 10:38 a.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2012, 12:02 p.m. CST
just couldn't get into it. Prefer Audition, and so glad the planned American remake never came about.
Nov. 19, 2012, 12:07 p.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2012, 3:08 p.m. CST
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 294 total posts 158 posts
- ‘We Got Six Bullets!!’ Sunday Brings WALKING DEAD 4.13!! -- 141 total posts 63 posts
- A New Poster Of Angelina Jolie As MALEFICENT!! -- 60 total posts 60 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 270 total posts 55 posts
- Hercules Says RESURRECTION Is Easily The Best Broadcast Pilot Of The 2013-14 Season And ABC’s Best Pilot In Years!! -- 61 total posts 23 posts
- New BATES, BONES, BEAST, BRAIN, BEING, BELIEVE, BITTEN!! BACHELOR & BEAST Finales!! MOTHER, MOLLY, MORTY, MAYNE, KILL, VOICE, DALLAS, SWITCHED, FOSTERS, ROADSHOW, INTELLIGENCE, STARCROSSED, FOLLOWING, WOLF, RAW, & LOST GIRL!! The Return Of THE PEOPLE’S COUCH!! Emily Mortimer On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 19 total posts 19 posts
- 'We Mustn’t Disappoint Father!!' Check Out The Size Of Dany’s Dragons In The Latest Trailer For GAME OF THRONES Season Four!! -- 15 total posts 15 posts
- Papa Vinyard's Oscar Sunday: MANHATTAN MELODRAMA (1934) -- 14 total posts 14 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 315 total posts 14 posts
- Quint thinks Nick Stoller's NEIGHBORS is heartfelt, hysterical and all kinds of messed up! SXSW 2014! -- 10 total posts 10 posts