There’s no love in the Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day’s violence.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
I remember flipping through the film guide the one and only time I’ve attended the Vancouver Film Festival in 2001. There was a picture of a man hanging from hooks and the title “Ichi the Killer” underneath that gruesome photo. “This looks interesting,” I thought. I had never heard of Takashi Miike before that moment, but when I immediately watched Ichi the Killer his name was forever seared into my memory. That’s why when I heard his next movie, Audition, was opening in Austin I dragged my friends to see it and I was the only one even the slightest bit prepared for the dark turn that film took.
Ichi the Killer is wrong in every way a movie can possibly be wrong without taking a left turn into morbid, sickening Serbian Film territory. It’s gross, awful, but goofy and fun at the same time. And gory, did I mention gory?
Today’s picture comes from the special effects department on Ichi and features a rather unfortunate individual. Viva Miike! Click to enlargen.
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Danger, danger! Tomorrow’s pic is a pop culture mashup way before it became popular.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Nov. 19, 2012, 3:58 a.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2012, 4:06 a.m. CST
He was hoping for more lactation.
Nov. 19, 2012, 4:34 a.m. CST
by mick vance
damned near killed him!
Nov. 19, 2012, 4:48 a.m. CST
Toaster vs. minimoog?
Nov. 19, 2012, 5:16 a.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2012, 6:07 a.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2012, 6:10 a.m. CST
BTW - Man of Steel, Wolverine, trailers added to - Pacific Rim, Star trek, to run in front of The Hobbit...just sayin'
Nov. 19, 2012, 6:12 a.m. CST
by Righteous Brother
Nov. 19, 2012, 7:26 a.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2012, 7:29 a.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2012, 7:42 a.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2012, 8 a.m. CST
Especially the episode he did for Masters of Horror that Showtime passed on. Christ, this guy's got some different ideas on hanging baskets.
Nov. 19, 2012, 8:52 a.m. CST
I was thinking the same thing. Well done!
Nov. 19, 2012, 10:20 a.m. CST
by Nice Marmot
Nov. 19, 2012, 10:25 a.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2012, 10:38 a.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2012, 12:02 p.m. CST
just couldn't get into it. Prefer Audition, and so glad the planned American remake never came about.
Nov. 19, 2012, 12:07 p.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2012, 3:08 p.m. CST
- Nordling Reviews STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS! Spoilers Abound! You Are Warned! -- 844 total posts 612 posts
- UPDATE The Friday Docback Calls 'The Name of the Doctor'!! DOCTOR WHO's S7 Finale Arrives This Weekend!! Now With Glen's Ultra-Brief, SPOILER FREE MiniReview!! -- 203 total posts 138 posts
- The big screen adaptation of ASSASSIN'S CREED has been given a release date!!! -- 146 total posts 132 posts
- Hey! Fat Face! Here's The New Teaser To ANCHORMAN: THE LEGEND CONTINUES! -- 122 total posts 122 posts
- Mr. Beaks Reviews STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS! -- 1162 total posts 103 posts
- Harry gets seriously geeky on the very geeky cool STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS! Can't wait for the next one! & See this again! -- 1449 total posts 102 posts
- Capone reviews STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS and considers the art of messing with canon and why it doesn't bother him!!! -- 485 total posts 93 posts
- AVENGERS 2 might be filming in SOUTH AFRICA, does this mean that Black Panther is going to be a part of the action!?! -- 328 total posts 82 posts
- Did you guys like RED 2? Oh it's not out yet, well who cares?? Get ready for RED 3 anyways!!! -- 107 total posts 50 posts
- ‘I Am Not Fucking Like You!!’ The 3-Minute Trailer For The Rampling-Enhanced Final Season Of DEXTER!! -- 87 total posts 45 posts