Come on, let’s get something to eat. The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day is thirsty.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
After the Thin Man is the first sequel in the Thin Man series, which is required viewing for anybody who claims to like funny things, by the way. William Powell and Myrna Loy’s Nick and Nora Charles are easily the most likable onscreen couple ever in the history of anything anywhere. It’s just science.
On their second on-screen adventure they didn’t go it alone. They had a young actor join in on the mystery solving fun, a little known fella by the name of James Stewart. Today’s photo comes from the set of After The Thin Man as Stewart poses with co-star Sam Levene.
William Forsche once again gets the credit for providing the pic. Click to enlargen.
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at email@example.com.
Tomorrow’s pic is from a Miike film. You have been warned.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Nov. 16, 2012, 6:39 p.m. CST
Nov. 16, 2012, 6:41 p.m. CST
Nov. 16, 2012, 6:58 p.m. CST
by Danny Boil
These movies are the bomb and please leave them alone, Hollywood. Please.
Nov. 16, 2012, 6:59 p.m. CST
by Danny Boil
...and I hope it's stomach-turning.
Nov. 16, 2012, 7:02 p.m. CST
Nov. 16, 2012, 7:07 p.m. CST
by Tom McMahon
Feed Me Seymour!
Nov. 16, 2012, 7:12 p.m. CST
Nov. 17, 2012, 1:14 a.m. CST
by Queefer Sutherland
He became one of the giants without being a self-involved narcissist. He was a deceptively powerful actor.
Nov. 17, 2012, 4:40 a.m. CST
One of my favourite films of all time. So many great turns from all the players, all the way up to the reveal in the last act, excellent. And Mr Stewart plays the lush, the good natured drunk, and unlike modern movies, this is not an alcoholism we are rooting for him to overcome, he accepts its part of him and so do we, while the world tries to "improve" him like a hen pecking wife. We want to see him left alone, and to live in a tripped out bliss with his best friend, a 7ft rabbit with impeccable manners but who only he can see. I think I'm going to watch it again this evening!
Nov. 17, 2012, 1:26 p.m. CST
Nov. 17, 2012, 2:16 p.m. CST
Given the stature of the star and his frankly stellar career in the movies (pun intended) it's incredible he hasn't given more people cause to comment. Perhaps if he had a turn as an ewok, or ate some flesh in a Romero movie we'd see more commentary. Ah well....
Nov. 17, 2012, 3:48 p.m. CST
was Tom Hanks.
Nov. 17, 2012, 5:22 p.m. CST
He not only volunteered for WWII duty and served in the Army Air Corps as a bomber pilot, flying B24 liberators out of England, but he stayed in the reserves and retired as a Brigadier General. http://www.historynet.com/mr-stewart-goes-to-war.htm
Nov. 17, 2012, 10:09 p.m. CST
One of my all time favorite movies. The Thin Man series of films with Loy and Powell were hilarious. Jimmy played the doctor in the dukes last film, The shootist. which i thought was also a Great Western. Richard Boone played a mean ass SoB in that film as well.
Nov. 18, 2012, 3:51 p.m. CST
John Bernard Books: Mike Sweeney? Mike Sweeney: John Bernard Books, now I'm flattered that you remembered me. John Bernard Books: Well, you look just how I remembered the Sweeneys - mean and ugly. Boone was a great and underated actor rememberd as Paladin but especially as a villain. Great in "The Shootist" and "Big Jake", but especially so in the Paul Newman movie "Hombre": (Grimes lights a cigar) Grimes: Smoke bother you? Audra Favor: Would you put it out if I said it did? Grimes: Oh, yeah. My momma taught me to remove my hat and my cigar in the presence of a lady. Whatever else I take off depends on how lucky I get.
Nov. 18, 2012, 10 p.m. CST
... don't respect real men let alone real actors. Stewart was both.
Nov. 19, 2012, 2:19 a.m. CST
I've always wanted to wear a do not disturb sign whenever I want to be left alone. Sometimes people get be downright annoying.
Nov. 19, 2012, 2:25 p.m. CST
outsidechance : Thanks for that Stewart article link. I had no idea about his military history. A great actor, a greater man.
- That rumor about Sony selling SPIDER-MAN? Don't you believe it for a second! -- 423 total posts 247 posts
- Holy Crossover!! Magneto’s Boy Quicksilver To Speed About In Whedon’s AVENGERS 2 And Singer’s X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST?? -- 210 total posts 210 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 174 total posts 174 posts
- The METALLICA THROUGH THE NEVER Teaser! -- 184 total posts 118 posts
- New MAN OF STEEL trailer makes me happy that Superman has severe red eye!!! -- 786 total posts 114 posts
- Next on the Reboot assemblyline? TIMECOP!! -- 141 total posts 97 posts
- Sandler, Piss, Barf, And Hayek Grace The New GROWN UPS 2 Trailer!! -- 93 total posts 93 posts
- Green-Band and Red-Band trailers for the new Jason Sudeikis & Jennifer Aniston VACATION ripoff, WE'RE THE MILLERS are here!! -- 91 total posts 91 posts
- Seems Coppola Is Gearing Up For A New Italian-American Epic!? -- 86 total posts 86 posts
- We have some new details on the POLTERGEIST remake/reboot/sequel!! -- 206 total posts 56 posts