Come on, let’s get something to eat. The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day is thirsty.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
After the Thin Man is the first sequel in the Thin Man series, which is required viewing for anybody who claims to like funny things, by the way. William Powell and Myrna Loy’s Nick and Nora Charles are easily the most likable onscreen couple ever in the history of anything anywhere. It’s just science.
On their second on-screen adventure they didn’t go it alone. They had a young actor join in on the mystery solving fun, a little known fella by the name of James Stewart. Today’s photo comes from the set of After The Thin Man as Stewart poses with co-star Sam Levene.
William Forsche once again gets the credit for providing the pic. Click to enlargen.
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at email@example.com.
Tomorrow’s pic is from a Miike film. You have been warned.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Nov. 16, 2012, 6:39 p.m. CST
Nov. 16, 2012, 6:41 p.m. CST
Nov. 16, 2012, 6:58 p.m. CST
by Danny Boil
These movies are the bomb and please leave them alone, Hollywood. Please.
Nov. 16, 2012, 6:59 p.m. CST
by Danny Boil
...and I hope it's stomach-turning.
Nov. 16, 2012, 7:02 p.m. CST
Nov. 16, 2012, 7:07 p.m. CST
by Tom McMahon
Feed Me Seymour!
Nov. 16, 2012, 7:12 p.m. CST
Nov. 17, 2012, 1:14 a.m. CST
by Queefer Sutherland
He became one of the giants without being a self-involved narcissist. He was a deceptively powerful actor.
Nov. 17, 2012, 4:40 a.m. CST
One of my favourite films of all time. So many great turns from all the players, all the way up to the reveal in the last act, excellent. And Mr Stewart plays the lush, the good natured drunk, and unlike modern movies, this is not an alcoholism we are rooting for him to overcome, he accepts its part of him and so do we, while the world tries to "improve" him like a hen pecking wife. We want to see him left alone, and to live in a tripped out bliss with his best friend, a 7ft rabbit with impeccable manners but who only he can see. I think I'm going to watch it again this evening!
Nov. 17, 2012, 1:26 p.m. CST
Nov. 17, 2012, 2:16 p.m. CST
Given the stature of the star and his frankly stellar career in the movies (pun intended) it's incredible he hasn't given more people cause to comment. Perhaps if he had a turn as an ewok, or ate some flesh in a Romero movie we'd see more commentary. Ah well....
Nov. 17, 2012, 3:48 p.m. CST
was Tom Hanks.
Nov. 17, 2012, 5:22 p.m. CST
He not only volunteered for WWII duty and served in the Army Air Corps as a bomber pilot, flying B24 liberators out of England, but he stayed in the reserves and retired as a Brigadier General. http://www.historynet.com/mr-stewart-goes-to-war.htm
Nov. 17, 2012, 10:09 p.m. CST
One of my all time favorite movies. The Thin Man series of films with Loy and Powell were hilarious. Jimmy played the doctor in the dukes last film, The shootist. which i thought was also a Great Western. Richard Boone played a mean ass SoB in that film as well.
Nov. 18, 2012, 3:51 p.m. CST
John Bernard Books: Mike Sweeney? Mike Sweeney: John Bernard Books, now I'm flattered that you remembered me. John Bernard Books: Well, you look just how I remembered the Sweeneys - mean and ugly. Boone was a great and underated actor rememberd as Paladin but especially as a villain. Great in "The Shootist" and "Big Jake", but especially so in the Paul Newman movie "Hombre": (Grimes lights a cigar) Grimes: Smoke bother you? Audra Favor: Would you put it out if I said it did? Grimes: Oh, yeah. My momma taught me to remove my hat and my cigar in the presence of a lady. Whatever else I take off depends on how lucky I get.
Nov. 18, 2012, 10 p.m. CST
... don't respect real men let alone real actors. Stewart was both.
Nov. 19, 2012, 2:19 a.m. CST
I've always wanted to wear a do not disturb sign whenever I want to be left alone. Sometimes people get be downright annoying.
Nov. 19, 2012, 2:25 p.m. CST
outsidechance : Thanks for that Stewart article link. I had no idea about his military history. A great actor, a greater man.
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 297 total posts 147 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 354 total posts 73 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 269 total posts 23 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 20 total posts 20 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 583 total posts 17 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 236 total posts 16 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 202 total posts 12 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 11 total posts 11 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 202 total posts 9 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 121 total posts 6 posts