Come on, let’s get something to eat. The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day is thirsty.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
After the Thin Man is the first sequel in the Thin Man series, which is required viewing for anybody who claims to like funny things, by the way. William Powell and Myrna Loy’s Nick and Nora Charles are easily the most likable onscreen couple ever in the history of anything anywhere. It’s just science.
On their second on-screen adventure they didn’t go it alone. They had a young actor join in on the mystery solving fun, a little known fella by the name of James Stewart. Today’s photo comes from the set of After The Thin Man as Stewart poses with co-star Sam Levene.
William Forsche once again gets the credit for providing the pic. Click to enlargen.
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tomorrow’s pic is from a Miike film. You have been warned.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Nov. 16, 2012, 6:39 p.m. CST
Nov. 16, 2012, 6:41 p.m. CST
Nov. 16, 2012, 6:58 p.m. CST
by Danny Boil
These movies are the bomb and please leave them alone, Hollywood. Please.
Nov. 16, 2012, 6:59 p.m. CST
by Danny Boil
...and I hope it's stomach-turning.
Nov. 16, 2012, 7:02 p.m. CST
Nov. 16, 2012, 7:07 p.m. CST
by Tom McMahon
Feed Me Seymour!
Nov. 16, 2012, 7:12 p.m. CST
Nov. 17, 2012, 1:14 a.m. CST
by Queefer Sutherland
He became one of the giants without being a self-involved narcissist. He was a deceptively powerful actor.
Nov. 17, 2012, 4:40 a.m. CST
One of my favourite films of all time. So many great turns from all the players, all the way up to the reveal in the last act, excellent. And Mr Stewart plays the lush, the good natured drunk, and unlike modern movies, this is not an alcoholism we are rooting for him to overcome, he accepts its part of him and so do we, while the world tries to "improve" him like a hen pecking wife. We want to see him left alone, and to live in a tripped out bliss with his best friend, a 7ft rabbit with impeccable manners but who only he can see. I think I'm going to watch it again this evening!
Nov. 17, 2012, 1:26 p.m. CST
Nov. 17, 2012, 2:16 p.m. CST
Given the stature of the star and his frankly stellar career in the movies (pun intended) it's incredible he hasn't given more people cause to comment. Perhaps if he had a turn as an ewok, or ate some flesh in a Romero movie we'd see more commentary. Ah well....
Nov. 17, 2012, 3:48 p.m. CST
was Tom Hanks.
Nov. 17, 2012, 5:22 p.m. CST
He not only volunteered for WWII duty and served in the Army Air Corps as a bomber pilot, flying B24 liberators out of England, but he stayed in the reserves and retired as a Brigadier General. http://www.historynet.com/mr-stewart-goes-to-war.htm
Nov. 17, 2012, 10:09 p.m. CST
One of my all time favorite movies. The Thin Man series of films with Loy and Powell were hilarious. Jimmy played the doctor in the dukes last film, The shootist. which i thought was also a Great Western. Richard Boone played a mean ass SoB in that film as well.
Nov. 18, 2012, 3:51 p.m. CST
John Bernard Books: Mike Sweeney? Mike Sweeney: John Bernard Books, now I'm flattered that you remembered me. John Bernard Books: Well, you look just how I remembered the Sweeneys - mean and ugly. Boone was a great and underated actor rememberd as Paladin but especially as a villain. Great in "The Shootist" and "Big Jake", but especially so in the Paul Newman movie "Hombre": (Grimes lights a cigar) Grimes: Smoke bother you? Audra Favor: Would you put it out if I said it did? Grimes: Oh, yeah. My momma taught me to remove my hat and my cigar in the presence of a lady. Whatever else I take off depends on how lucky I get.
Nov. 18, 2012, 10 p.m. CST
... don't respect real men let alone real actors. Stewart was both.
Nov. 19, 2012, 2:19 a.m. CST
I've always wanted to wear a do not disturb sign whenever I want to be left alone. Sometimes people get be downright annoying.
Nov. 19, 2012, 2:25 p.m. CST
outsidechance : Thanks for that Stewart article link. I had no idea about his military history. A great actor, a greater man.
- Evangeline Lilly Instagrams Her ANT-MAN Look!! -- 124 total posts 124 posts
- Superman gets a new costume for BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 247 total posts 114 posts
- Check Out this Awesome Trailer for AUTOMATA - Antonio Banderas and Robots! -- 116 total posts 109 posts
- So, What Is This BATMAN v SUPERMAN Prop Newspaper Showing Us?? [MILD SPOILER] -- 70 total posts 70 posts
- Check out a description for the first trailer for Quentin Tarantino's THE HATEFUL EIGHT! -- 108 total posts 64 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 297 total posts 59 posts
- A Provocative New Trailer For THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES!! Nic Cage, Tim Burton, Kevin Smith… -- 406 total posts 55 posts
- Behold The Probably Offensive But Kinda Cool DEAD SNOW 2 Poster!! -- 42 total posts 42 posts
- Don't count Andy Serkis' JUNGLE BOOK out just yet! He's scored Batman, Galadriel, Moneypenny, and Smaug for his cast! -- 103 total posts 25 posts
- Showtime Renews MASTERS OF SEX And RAY DONOVAN For Third Seasons!! -- 18 total posts 18 posts