Live in Chicago? Capone has seats for an advance screening of HITCHCOCK, starring Anthony Hopkins and Helen Mirren!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
I can't vouch for the historical accuracy of the inspired and entertaining HITCHCOCK, starring Anthony Hopkins as the master of suspense films and psychological thrillers, but I know I had a great time watching this story unfold. The film covers the period when Alfred Hitchcock made arguably his most famous film, PSYCHO, despite having no studio back him financially in the production. Robert Bloch's novel was deemed too tawdry and depraved to be made into a film, which is exactly why Hitchcock was driven to make it.
The film wisely also covers the vital role that Hitchcock's wife, Alma Reville (Helen Mirren), played in the writing, conception and even the directing and editing of this and most of his works. Despite Hitchcock's tendencies to fixate on his leading ladies, the creative coupling he and his wife shared was one of the greatest in film history, and it's nicely chronicled in HITCHCOCK.
The film also stars Scarlett Johansson as Janet Leigh, Jessica Biel as Vera Miles and James D'Arcy as the wonderfully skittish Anthony Perkins. The film was directed by Sacha Gervasi, who helmed the great documentary ANVIL: THE STORY OF ANVIL. And shock of shocks, I happen to have seats for an advance Chicago screening for Ain't It Cool News readers happening Monday, November 19 at 7:00pm at a theater in downtown Chicago (the exact location will only be given to those who win). Here's how to win tickets (each winners is allowed one confirmed guest)…
Send me an email at HitchcockChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "Hitch-chotic!" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your Name, whether or not you're bringing a Guest (winners can bring one guest, whose name is not required), and the answer to the following question: "What is your favorite Alfred Hitchcock film, and why?" The word limit on this answer is 75 words or less (anything over that goes in the trash.) The most interesting answers (as judged by me) will win. Winners will hear from me soon.
Although this is not an exclusive Ain't It Cool News screening, winners will have reserved seats until 6:45pm, at which time any unclaimed seats will be given away. So you should arrive early to make sure you get in and get a good seat. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter.
I want you to read the previous paragraph and this paragraph very carefully. We've had way too many last-minute cancellations at recent screenings, so the 24-hour cancellation policy does not apply for this screening. If you enter this contest, win, and cancel or don't show up for ANY REASON, the black list will become your new best friend.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to Fox Searchlight Pictures for giving us this very cool screening.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 107 total posts 107 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 97 total posts 97 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 157 total posts 74 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 94 total posts 52 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 198 total posts 34 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 328 total posts 33 posts
- Marvel sets one additional 2018 release date! -- 91 total posts 30 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 38 total posts 27 posts
- EXPENDABLES 3 launches a ton of Comic Con posters! -- 87 total posts 26 posts
- He's not 007 anymore, but Pierce Brosnan is still kicking ass across Europe in the full trailer for THE NOVEMBER MAN! -- 71 total posts 22 posts