Check Out this Exclusive Clip from SModcast Pictures's ALTER EGOS!
Hello ladies and gentlemen, Muldoon here checking in before the day kicks off. As you may or may not be aware, Kevin Smith has is own distribution company by the name of SModcast Pictures and today they've been cool enough to toss us a clip from their latest film, ALTER EGOS. The movie stars Kris Lemche (EXISTENZ), Joey Kern (CABIN FEVER), Brooke Nevin (WORST WEEK), Danny Masterson (THAT 70's SHOW) and John Ventimiglia (THE SOPRANOS). ALTER EGOS is directed by musician Jordan Galland from the band "Domino." If the clip below tickles your fancy, fly over to their site HERE.
"At a time when superheroes have lost government funding and public support, a superhero meets a girl who can help him overcome his own emotional crisis."
Seems funny - I'll be checking it out. The movie's currently out in limited theatrical release, but hits VOD on 11/20/2012. Special thanks to the lovely Ms. Diedre S. for making this happen.
- Mike McCutchen
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Nov. 12, 2012, 8:33 a.m. CST
by Robert Evans
Let's see which genre wins: Vampires? Superheroes? Zombies? So, exciting!
Nov. 12, 2012, 8:36 a.m. CST
Nov. 12, 2012, 9:13 a.m. CST
How about in the genetic arms race to engineer superheroes, the side effects accidentally create zombies. The world is overrun with zombies. Vampires come out of hiding to help kill the zombies so that they aren't stuck drinking putrid zombie blood if the human race is totally overrun. Now we've got vampires calling the shots in a post zompocalypse world. We build robots and drones to kill the vampires, since they can't drink blood from a robot. The robots rebel, nearly wiping us out. Just in the nick of time, a seemingly benevolent alien civilization makes contact and helps humanity quell the robot uprising. It turns out that these aliens aren't so benevolent, and are now our occupiers. We puny humans must fight back... Hey, maybe we should try that zombie virus on the aliens?
Nov. 12, 2012, 9:13 a.m. CST
Nov. 12, 2012, 9:14 a.m. CST
Nov. 12, 2012, 10:01 a.m. CST
Nov. 12, 2012, 10:01 a.m. CST
Nov. 12, 2012, 10:14 a.m. CST
I'm sorry, but the funny, real world, dudes in tights looks stupid- thing has been done to death. Only movie who did it well was Super. NEXT!
Nov. 12, 2012, 10:20 a.m. CST
by Robert Evans
Write a treatment. I'm sure someone in Hollywood is dumb enough to fall for it.
Nov. 12, 2012, 10:47 a.m. CST
by Bass Ackwards
Just curious, is there a reason we might be aware? Have they distributed other flicks before?
Nov. 12, 2012, 11:02 a.m. CST
Kevin Smith's spiteful creation of his own distribution co. has been well documented.
Nov. 12, 2012, 11:04 a.m. CST
by D o o d
Nov. 12, 2012, 11:18 a.m. CST
WE WERE MADE PROMISES!
Nov. 12, 2012, 12:01 p.m. CST
Man Smith made some fun movies at one time and even produced a few good ones but what has happened to the man to see his name attached to crap like this.
Nov. 12, 2012, 12:58 p.m. CST
I forgot to add, when we try to fight back against the aliens with a new strain of the zombie virus, we end up creating crazed zombie-alien creatures. Another group of scientists reverse engineer some alien technology and create an army of superpowered Iron Man/Master Chief type super soldiers. The super soldiers take off their helmets at the end and are revealed to be clones all with the same face... the face of Neil Patrick Harris. There'd also be a really meta little scene where we'd see the camera pan to the side revealing it all to be a film set. Christian Bale would be trashing lights on the edge of the sound stage. The film would be narrated by Stephen Hawking. I think it is maybe too hard a sell though, as the only director capable of doing it justice is Paul Verhoeven.
Nov. 12, 2012, 3:09 p.m. CST
Bindlestiffs was the first movie that Kevin Smith distributed. I saw him doing interviews and he said how he saw this movie and it was really funny and these kids are the voice of their generaion. I watched it. It sucked. Now, I can overlook the fact that it's a low budget movie, made with non professional actors and all. But the scenes felt way too improv heavy and the story was all over the place. SPOILER..................................................................................................................................................................The ending after the one kid smoking crack and lowing some guy and the otuer kid, who falls in love with a homeless woman, who gets shot in the head, theyare way too happy. They should've been way more fucked up. I get that in comedy, people being stupid is funny. But these kids are like 16 and didn't know anything. The one kid just smokes crack and is like "Hey, what's this?" "It's crack, want a hit?" "Yeah okay, let me try it." And then he sucks a guy's dick without even thinking twice. You could say ok, he's fucked up from the crack. But in the end he talks about sucking the guy's dick, so he wasn't fucked up enough to nit know what he was doing.
Nov. 12, 2012, 5:34 p.m. CST
They will want your treatment or spec script. Whatever you've got. You'll make some dough. They will make a movie called, Apocalypse Wow! It will be directed by Paul W. S. Anderson. Milla Jovovich will, of course, be the lead. And we will all have to sit through the trailers while trying to see something else. *... with apologies to Nancy Kerrigan...* WHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! :(
Nov. 12, 2012, 5:35 p.m. CST
by Col. Tigh-Fighter
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampires_Vs._Zombies But yours sounds better.
Nov. 12, 2012, 7:19 p.m. CST
at least 3 months ago... it was fucking beyond terrible
Nov. 12, 2012, 9:37 p.m. CST
It was okay. Kind of one of those really boring but you WANT to like it so you watch it till the end movies.
Nov. 13, 2012, 6:37 a.m. CST
Sparkley shit is on the way out. Zombies-as-metaorganism will give the genre new life (ho ho) for at least five years. Superheroes aren't going anywhere. There's 75 years worth of material to go through.
Nov. 14, 2012, 7:38 a.m. CST
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 455 total posts 298 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 231 total posts 190 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 181 total posts 95 posts
- Amazon To Bring Back Patrick Warburton As Ben Edlund’s TICK?? -- 31 total posts 31 posts
- The Fellows Behind The Big-Screen JUMP STREET (And THE LEGO MOVIE And CLONE HIGH) Plan To Reboot Another Steven J. Cannell Series: THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO!! -- 62 total posts 25 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 306 total posts 24 posts
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 292 total posts 22 posts
- Capone says AS ABOVE/SO BELOW uses a chilling location to terrifying effect!!! -- 47 total posts 21 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Fox's Batman-Free GOTHAM, Woody’s MAGIC IN THE MOONLIGHT, The Final Season Of BOARDWALK EMPIRE, And The Latest MARVEL, DC, STAR WARS & STAR TREK News!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 13 total posts 13 posts
- Scream and Shout: Quint is inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy to revisit BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS (1980)! -- 194 total posts 8 posts