Chicago! You know you want it. Capone has seats for an early screening of THE TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN, PART 2!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
Don't act like you don't want this, sweetheart. For better or worse, the TWILIGHT franchise and I go way back, as far back as Comic-Con 2008, several months before the release of TWILIGHT. It was a different, more innocent time. The cast and director Catherine Hardwicke were completely available to the press, information was free flowing, and resentment from the rest of the Comic-Con attendees had not yet settled in. Since then, I've covered every other press conference the team behind THE TWILIGHT SAGA has held at Comic-Con; I've interviewed cast members who have come to Chicago as part of the massive publicity machine that has accompanied each of the film, and I've even given away seats to early screenings of some of the films.
And so here we are, at the end of an era, eager to see if part two of the final chapter of Stephenie Meyer's love story for the ages is any damn good in the hands of director Bill Condon. Won't you join me?
I have a limited number of seats to an advance Chicago screening of THE TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN, PART 2 on Wednesday, November 14 at 7:00pm at a theater in downtown Chicago (the exact location will only be given to the winners). Here's how to win seats…
To win, send me an email at BreakingDawnChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "Breaking Down the Dawn" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your Full Name, whether or not you're bringing a Guest (each winner may bring ONE confirmed guest--if I think you gave your +1 to someone trolling for free tickets at the theater, you won't get in), and the answer to the following question: "Which of the TWILIGHT movies is yourfavorite, and why?" I need a film title and a detailed reason for your choice. Keep your responses BRIEF--no more than 100 words (no matter how tempted you are to go over the limit). Best answers win, and you'll hear from me over the weekend if you won, so check your email!
Although this is NOT an exclusive Ain't It Cool News event, winners' seats will be held until 15 minutes before showtime (6:45pm), at which time any empty seats in our rows will be given away. So you should arrive early to make sure you get in and get a good seat. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending or arrive late if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter. And the 24-hour-notice-to-cancel rule is done. If you win and don't show up, the Black List is your new best friend.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to the Summit Entertainment and Lionsgate for giving us this very cool screening.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Nov. 8, 2012, 6:42 p.m. CST
Nov. 8, 2012, 6:48 p.m. CST
Teenagers and moms who wish they were still teenagers. If i want vampires and werewolves, i'll watch an Underworld movie. Hell, I'll watch Van Helsing over this middle school level melodrama.
Nov. 8, 2012, 6:49 p.m. CST
by Raptor Jesus
So I won't begrudge anyone who might look forward to seeing it.
Nov. 8, 2012, 7:09 p.m. CST
That the book ends with them all meeting up for the big fight, and then they decide not to fight. There is no way, I can Picture that they could use that for the Climax of the film. Good Lord Allmighty.
Nov. 8, 2012, 7:15 p.m. CST
by Bedknobs and Boomsticks
though I can't fathom watching it without Rifftrax. That was be torture. With RT = hilarious.
Nov. 8, 2012, 7:15 p.m. CST
by Bedknobs and Boomsticks
Nov. 8, 2012, 7:35 p.m. CST
by Gary Makin
Nov. 8, 2012, 7:39 p.m. CST
Nov. 8, 2012, 7:57 p.m. CST
solely because it's the LAST FUCKING ONE!!!
Nov. 8, 2012, 8:21 p.m. CST
by chainsaw autotune
Nov. 8, 2012, 10:02 p.m. CST
Nov. 8, 2012, 11:18 p.m. CST
I want it! Do you want this cake? TAH-DAHH!
Nov. 8, 2012, 11:19 p.m. CST
...until I realized how effing COLD I was, and then I wouldn't be stoked. I am looking forward to this movie though! FUCK THE HATERZZ
Nov. 8, 2012, 11:31 p.m. CST
That is all. Twilight is gayer than Dumbledore funneling two Zimas and fisting two dudes while sucking off some homo. Y'know, cause they are gay.
Nov. 9, 2012, 3:57 a.m. CST
Who wants to see this? Teenage girls. And frustrated housewives. Nothing wrong with that. I just won't watch it.
Nov. 9, 2012, 8:08 a.m. CST
Twilight is best watched with teenage girls. The problem is each time I have to find a new girl to watch them with and I'm starting to run out of room in my basement.
by Bradly Durant
Nov. 9, 2012, 4:39 p.m. CST
I'll talk. The Passcode to my account is 6063, and the Rebel Base is on Dantooine. Please, no more torture, I beg you.
Nov. 9, 2012, 11:05 p.m. CST
by Norman Colson
this movie series is a travesty omfg... it should have never been made into a film. I was reluctant to see the last one with a now ex. fucking movie pissed me off!!! every fucking little thing was laughable and i could not take it seriously at all!!!!
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 127 total posts 127 posts
- Learn What Happens Next On HBO’s GAME OF THRONES!! -- 133 total posts 57 posts
- All 13 Season-Six Episodes Of CLONE WARS Land On Netflix!! Joan Jett On LETTERMAN!! Kenan Thompson On MEYERS!! TRAIN YOUR DRAGON On FX DOWNLOAD!! New HANNIBAL, FIVE-0, GRIMM, BLOODS, LAST MAN, NEIGHBORS, ELISTED, HOPE, BANSHEE, TREEHOUSE, GOLD & SMACKDOWN!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 86 total posts 52 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 253 total posts 49 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 52 total posts 35 posts
- Quint eats up Jon Favreau's CHEF, opening night flick of SXSW 2014! -- 27 total posts 27 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Chats Up BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER / ED WOOD Icon (And Hollywood Royalty) Juliet Landau!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 25 total posts 25 posts
- Lena Dunham Hosts SNL!! Sagan COSMOS Marathon On NGC!! New UNIVERSE, OUTRAGEOUS ACTS OF SCIENCE & BLACK SAILS!! SWAMP PAWN, RAISING WHITLEY, SCORNED, COPS & CRAZY HEARTS Finales!! Hallmark’s A RING BY SPRING!! Lifetime’s A TRIP TO BOUNTIFUL!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 24 total posts 24 posts
- Karen Gillan has Night Terrors in this First OCULUS Clip! -- 20 total posts 20 posts
- New Trailer for Jim Jarmusch's ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE! -- 19 total posts 19 posts