So you didn’t make it to the 2012 New York Comic Con? AICN COMICS has some panels you can still enjoy! Part 4: THE IMAGE COMICS EXPERIENCE and GARTH ENNIS & AVATAR!!!
Hey folks, Ambush Bug here. So you’re all in a huff because you didn’t get to check out the New York Comic Con this year (October 11-14th). Well, fear not. AICN COMICS is here to help you out. Friend of AICN COMICS Jamie Coville took video of some choice panels at this year’s NYCC and was kind enough to share them with all of us. Check out James’ site here. And look for more panels all week from the 2012 NYCC!
THE IMAGE COMICS EXPERIENCE
The Image Comics Experience (57:33, 52.7mb)
A group of male image comic creators were on this panel to talk about their upcoming work and other books being announced. On the panel were Kieron Gillen, Andy Diggle, James Asmus, Jim Festante, Jim McCann and Jonathan Hickman. The panel was moderated by Eric Stephenson. After the announcements they went straight to the audience for questions. Among the things the panelists talked about were breaking into Image, how to work through when parts of a story when it isn't working; they broke down how to make a full story into a comic book issue by issue. They also revealed what they read to generate new ideas and what they are usually doing when ideas come to them.
GARTH ENNIS & AVATAR
Garth Ennis & Avatar (44:18, 40.5mb)
Moderated by Avatar owner William Christensen. Announced is a CROSSED movie that will be made by Avatar themselves. Garth talked about coming back to write more CROSSED and then the answered questions from the audience. He talked a bit about doing more work for Avatar and Dynamite, talked about THE BOYS, why PREACHER is unlikely to migrate to film, his religious views, why he doesn't love superheroes and what he thinks of their dominance of the comics industry. He also talked about Alan Moore's work and how it kept him reading comics.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Nov. 1, 2012, 12:31 p.m. CST
Nov. 1, 2012, 12:34 p.m. CST
written and directed by Garth? I remember what happened last time we like a comic book writer & artist directed a movie....The Spirit.
Nov. 1, 2012, 1:36 p.m. CST
Will not be made until I become a famous filmmaker and make it. Fact! I have God on my side.
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 479 total posts 198 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 299 total posts 149 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 328 total posts 82 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 56 total posts 56 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 255 total posts 35 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 223 total posts 33 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 590 total posts 24 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 21 total posts 21 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 16 total posts 16 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 208 total posts 15 posts