There Are Plenty Of Minions To Go Around In New DESPICABLE ME 2 Trailer!!
The Kidd here...
I'm grown quite fond of the first DESPICABLE ME film. It's become a staple of my son's, in his rotation of favorites - HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON and the TOY STORY Trilogy being the others. And the more he watches it, the more I see it, and the more I appreciate the spin on the villain story being told (much better than what MEGAMIND aimed to do). So I'm curious to see what Universal and Illumination Entertaiment have in store with moving this new franchise forward with DESPICABLE ME 2 set for next summer and then a Minions spin-off coming the following year.
From the looks of the new trailer for DESPICABLE ME 2, you'd think this was the Minions spin-off, but I get the feeling that Universal is ripping a page right out of Fox's playbook for their ICE AGE series, which says to take the most memorable character you've got (Scrat... or in this case, the Minions) and use them to gain awareness with your audience that another movie is coming. I think Universal's got that down pat here, so enjoy the Minions doing what Minions do...
DESPICABLE ME 2 opens in theatres on July 3, 2013.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 31, 2012, 1:53 p.m. CST
The first one was just another step of everyother cgi animation studio getting one step closer to Pixar's greatness.
Oct. 31, 2012, 1:59 p.m. CST
Plus that one in the maid's getup was strangely tantilizing... Just sayin'
Oct. 31, 2012, 2:01 p.m. CST
However, as much as I am excited to see this, I am not sure it warranted a sequel. He made his 180 on being evil and took in a new family. That pretty much was all the story that needed to be told.
Oct. 31, 2012, 2:33 p.m. CST
I can't wait, one of the best surprise movies I've watched in a while. I just bought two little minions the other day for my desk when leaving Orlando the other day.
Oct. 31, 2012, 2:42 p.m. CST
Oh, wait, you mean this ISN'T another Star Wars thread? My bad...
Oct. 31, 2012, 3:26 p.m. CST
Cuz that's just freakin crazy!
Oct. 31, 2012, 4:08 p.m. CST
People that like this shit are fucking retards. That whole movie was , ' OH FEEL SORRY FOR US, WE'RE ORPHANS , AWWWWWWWWWWWWW.' Oh, he's a bad guy, but he's nice to those orphans. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Hahaha, those minions farted. HAHAHAHAHHAHHAHA Oh the orphans , AWWWWWWWWWWW. HAHHAHAHAHA They farted again. This is wonderful. AWWWWWWWWW
Oct. 31, 2012, 4:16 p.m. CST
The first was awesome. But only Pixar makes good animated movies, so technically the first never existed.
And by reverse logic, Cars and Cars 2 never existed and Brave was being held back by women-hating anti-feminists instead of a shitty script and questionable morality.
Oct. 31, 2012, 4:54 p.m. CST
Oct. 31, 2012, 5:32 p.m. CST
by Rogue Trooper
I wish Apple provided direct links to their trailers online other than through iTunes. I'd love to share this but using the general link isn't really cutting the mustard. I'm sure it'll appear on YouTube soon. I thought Despicable me was lot of fun, will look forward to the sequel.
Oct. 31, 2012, 5:56 p.m. CST
I mean if you're a parent I would think that you would like Despicable Me better. It did make me look forward to being a Dad. But Megamind was hilarious to me and even better than Despicable me.
Oct. 31, 2012, 6:44 p.m. CST
Oct. 31, 2012, 9:43 p.m. CST
Came in here for the usual 'this was utter crap compared to Megamind' flag waving, but now seeing people actually thinking Despicable was better because their kid liked it? YOU'RE ALL INSANE!! There are plenty of films aimed at young kids that aren't as basic and cheap as DM. Target demographic is no excuse for such a crap film. Megamind was better in every way- PLUS it was all-ages. Despicable Me was an utter turd.
Oct. 31, 2012, 9:59 p.m. CST
Fuck you Disney fuck you #812th CGI movie this year when they killed effects and cartoons they killed movies.
Oct. 31, 2012, 10:49 p.m. CST
Umm if you watch the film closely,the minions kiss in a homo erotic way.Watch closely and you will see it
Oct. 31, 2012, 10:56 p.m. CST
Gru is flippin' hilarious!
Nov. 1, 2012, 12:04 a.m. CST
by Ninja Nerd
Liked the first one a lot; grand kids love it.
Nov. 1, 2012, 12:51 a.m. CST
by Raptor Jesus
Perhaps they watched too much Teletubbies.
Nov. 1, 2012, 2:02 a.m. CST
I stuff you all in the crust!
Nov. 1, 2012, 3:23 a.m. CST
Nov. 1, 2012, 6:46 a.m. CST
Nov. 1, 2012, 8:19 a.m. CST
Ah, that's a little funny.
Nov. 1, 2012, 9:08 a.m. CST
by Nasty In The Pasty
Nov. 1, 2012, 10:25 a.m. CST
You start sort of well, making small talk, and then bring up some nerd movie like Akira, mentioning that people who haven't seen it are friggin' retards, and start ranting about how anime appreciation in America is so low. Then she quietly says that she's never heard of that movie, and walks away. Forever alone.
Nov. 1, 2012, 11:14 a.m. CST
Actually xen11 reminds me of that guy who claims he never fucked a 10, but one night he had five 2's
BWAHAHAHAHA! Yeah, I've still got it.
Nov. 1, 2012, 12:36 p.m. CST
Nov. 1, 2012, 12:51 p.m. CST
Hey, hey,hey despicable me! Everybody wants to see me pee! Despicable me!
Nov. 1, 2012, 3:35 p.m. CST
Nov. 1, 2012, 3:35 p.m. CST
Nov. 1, 2012, 3:55 p.m. CST
I thought I was the only one who remembered/loved this oft overlooked (and sadly defunct) great band. Great to hear them being used in some way.
Nov. 1, 2012, 9:14 p.m. CST
Nov. 1, 2012, 9:39 p.m. CST
Nov. 2, 2012, 11:17 a.m. CST
Couldn't even finish it. Too unfunny and annoying. I'm sure it's awesome for the 5-year-old set and their besotted parents.
Nov. 2, 2012, 6:21 p.m. CST
- 1st wk of Sept 2014's PICKS & PEEKS with Universal Monsters, FIRESTARTER, Eco-Terrorism, swords & fantasy! -- 27 total posts 23 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 384 total posts 12 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 423 total posts 10 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 720 total posts 6 posts
- AICN HORROR: Dr. Karen Oughton checks out four fear-filled films from Film4 FrightFest 2014: THE LAST SHOWING! SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR! THE GUEST! DOC OF THE DEAD! -- 6 total posts 6 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 30 total posts 5 posts
- The DRUNK HISTORY Finale!! HOUDINI Finale!! ROYAL PAINS Finale!! RIZZOLI & ISLES Finale!! HARD KNOCKS Finale!! New TALENT, CARTER, GEAR, LITTLE, LIARS, MATADOR, WIZARD!! The Chenbot On LETTERMAN!! Brienne Of Tarth On CRAIG!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 4 total posts 4 posts
- A New Clip From STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 31 total posts 2 posts
- Harry may be crazy about SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR - but so may you -- 569 total posts 2 posts
- "Do you understand what it's like to be a genius?!!" Dan Harmon takes his show on the road in this trailer for HARMONTOWN! -- 19 total posts 1 post