There Are Plenty Of Minions To Go Around In New DESPICABLE ME 2 Trailer!!
The Kidd here...
I'm grown quite fond of the first DESPICABLE ME film. It's become a staple of my son's, in his rotation of favorites - HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON and the TOY STORY Trilogy being the others. And the more he watches it, the more I see it, and the more I appreciate the spin on the villain story being told (much better than what MEGAMIND aimed to do). So I'm curious to see what Universal and Illumination Entertaiment have in store with moving this new franchise forward with DESPICABLE ME 2 set for next summer and then a Minions spin-off coming the following year.
From the looks of the new trailer for DESPICABLE ME 2, you'd think this was the Minions spin-off, but I get the feeling that Universal is ripping a page right out of Fox's playbook for their ICE AGE series, which says to take the most memorable character you've got (Scrat... or in this case, the Minions) and use them to gain awareness with your audience that another movie is coming. I think Universal's got that down pat here, so enjoy the Minions doing what Minions do...
DESPICABLE ME 2 opens in theatres on July 3, 2013.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 31, 2012, 1:53 p.m. CST
The first one was just another step of everyother cgi animation studio getting one step closer to Pixar's greatness.
Oct. 31, 2012, 1:59 p.m. CST
Plus that one in the maid's getup was strangely tantilizing... Just sayin'
Oct. 31, 2012, 2:01 p.m. CST
However, as much as I am excited to see this, I am not sure it warranted a sequel. He made his 180 on being evil and took in a new family. That pretty much was all the story that needed to be told.
Oct. 31, 2012, 2:33 p.m. CST
I can't wait, one of the best surprise movies I've watched in a while. I just bought two little minions the other day for my desk when leaving Orlando the other day.
Oct. 31, 2012, 2:42 p.m. CST
Oh, wait, you mean this ISN'T another Star Wars thread? My bad...
Oct. 31, 2012, 3:26 p.m. CST
Cuz that's just freakin crazy!
Oct. 31, 2012, 4:08 p.m. CST
People that like this shit are fucking retards. That whole movie was , ' OH FEEL SORRY FOR US, WE'RE ORPHANS , AWWWWWWWWWWWWW.' Oh, he's a bad guy, but he's nice to those orphans. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Hahaha, those minions farted. HAHAHAHAHHAHHAHA Oh the orphans , AWWWWWWWWWWW. HAHHAHAHAHA They farted again. This is wonderful. AWWWWWWWWW
Oct. 31, 2012, 4:16 p.m. CST
The first was awesome. But only Pixar makes good animated movies, so technically the first never existed.
And by reverse logic, Cars and Cars 2 never existed and Brave was being held back by women-hating anti-feminists instead of a shitty script and questionable morality.
Oct. 31, 2012, 4:54 p.m. CST
Oct. 31, 2012, 5:32 p.m. CST
by Rogue Trooper
I wish Apple provided direct links to their trailers online other than through iTunes. I'd love to share this but using the general link isn't really cutting the mustard. I'm sure it'll appear on YouTube soon. I thought Despicable me was lot of fun, will look forward to the sequel.
Oct. 31, 2012, 5:56 p.m. CST
I mean if you're a parent I would think that you would like Despicable Me better. It did make me look forward to being a Dad. But Megamind was hilarious to me and even better than Despicable me.
Oct. 31, 2012, 6:44 p.m. CST
Oct. 31, 2012, 9:43 p.m. CST
Came in here for the usual 'this was utter crap compared to Megamind' flag waving, but now seeing people actually thinking Despicable was better because their kid liked it? YOU'RE ALL INSANE!! There are plenty of films aimed at young kids that aren't as basic and cheap as DM. Target demographic is no excuse for such a crap film. Megamind was better in every way- PLUS it was all-ages. Despicable Me was an utter turd.
Oct. 31, 2012, 9:59 p.m. CST
Fuck you Disney fuck you #812th CGI movie this year when they killed effects and cartoons they killed movies.
Oct. 31, 2012, 10:49 p.m. CST
Umm if you watch the film closely,the minions kiss in a homo erotic way.Watch closely and you will see it
Oct. 31, 2012, 10:56 p.m. CST
Gru is flippin' hilarious!
Nov. 1, 2012, 12:04 a.m. CST
by Ninja Nerd
Liked the first one a lot; grand kids love it.
Nov. 1, 2012, 12:51 a.m. CST
by Raptor Jesus
Perhaps they watched too much Teletubbies.
Nov. 1, 2012, 2:02 a.m. CST
I stuff you all in the crust!
Nov. 1, 2012, 3:23 a.m. CST
Nov. 1, 2012, 6:46 a.m. CST
Nov. 1, 2012, 8:19 a.m. CST
Ah, that's a little funny.
Nov. 1, 2012, 9:08 a.m. CST
by Nasty In The Pasty
Nov. 1, 2012, 10:25 a.m. CST
You start sort of well, making small talk, and then bring up some nerd movie like Akira, mentioning that people who haven't seen it are friggin' retards, and start ranting about how anime appreciation in America is so low. Then she quietly says that she's never heard of that movie, and walks away. Forever alone.
Nov. 1, 2012, 11:14 a.m. CST
Actually xen11 reminds me of that guy who claims he never fucked a 10, but one night he had five 2's
BWAHAHAHAHA! Yeah, I've still got it.
Nov. 1, 2012, 12:36 p.m. CST
Nov. 1, 2012, 12:51 p.m. CST
Hey, hey,hey despicable me! Everybody wants to see me pee! Despicable me!
Nov. 1, 2012, 3:35 p.m. CST
Nov. 1, 2012, 3:35 p.m. CST
Nov. 1, 2012, 3:55 p.m. CST
I thought I was the only one who remembered/loved this oft overlooked (and sadly defunct) great band. Great to hear them being used in some way.
Nov. 1, 2012, 9:14 p.m. CST
Nov. 1, 2012, 9:39 p.m. CST
Nov. 2, 2012, 11:17 a.m. CST
Couldn't even finish it. Too unfunny and annoying. I'm sure it's awesome for the 5-year-old set and their besotted parents.
Nov. 2, 2012, 6:21 p.m. CST
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS, OUT OF THE FURNACE, FROZEN, NEBRASKA And The Latest WALKING DEAD And RETURNED, The First Big-Screen Wonder Woman and More!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 459 total posts 312 posts
- Disney can now make new Indiana Jones Movies!!! But what about Paramount? -- 387 total posts 18 posts
- The Annual Official Fake BUTT-NUMB-A-THON 15 List!!! Plus other things like STANDBY news! -- 129 total posts 15 posts
- Big SPOILERS for X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and APOCALYPSE as new rumors suggest a familiar face will be playing the role of APOCALYPSE!! -- 360 total posts 9 posts
- SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES Writers Developing New TERMINATOR TV Series!! -- 85 total posts 7 posts
- Jerry Bruckheimer has returned to Paramount and Brett Ratner's BEVERLY HILLS COP IV is now on the way (again)! -- 183 total posts 7 posts
- Penultimate HOMELAND!! New BURGERS, SIMPSONS, GUY, DAD, MENTALIST, ONCE, REVENGE, BETRAYAL, TREME & SEX!! Mandela On 60 MINUTES!! AMAZING RACE Finale!! Last MENTALIST Of 2013!! BONNIE & CLYDE Premiere!! Herc's Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 5 total posts 5 posts
- Lars Von Trier's NYMPHOMANIAC Gets Two Release Dates! -- 57 total posts 5 posts
- Fox To Dabble In Shared X-MEN / FF Movieverse!?!? -- 203 total posts 5 posts
- Capone feels burned by the out-of-control acting in OUT OF THE FURNACE!!! -- 62 total posts 3 posts