L.A. Readers! Join Mr. Beaks For A Free Screening Of WRECK-IT RALPH On November 1st!
Disney's WRECK-IT RALPH is a rambunctiously loving tribute to the enduring time suck known as video games. It spans decades of arcade history, encompassing everything from PAC-MAN to the visually chaotic first-person shooters of today. It is hilarious, heartfelt and, of course, brilliantly animated. And if you'd like to see it one day early for free, I'm your man.
This Thursday, November 1st, AICN will be hosting a screening of WRECK-IT RALPH at the Landmark Theatres in Los Angeles (10850 Pico Blvd., 90064). The movie will start promptly at 7:30. Interested? Here's what you need to do:
1) Send an email with the subject "I Wanna Wreck It!" to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) In the body of the email, include your full name and the full name of your guest (only one guest per person please).
3) Check AICN on October 31st at 4 PM PST to see if you made the list!
This is first come, first serve, so shoot me an email now! And keep your eyes peeled for my interview with director Rich Moore, which will be posting later today!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 29, 2012, 12:41 p.m. CST
Oct. 29, 2012, 12:43 p.m. CST
Oct. 29, 2012, 12:43 p.m. CST
Oct. 29, 2012, 12:50 p.m. CST
I bet Harry's hard at work to ensure he stays up to date on the DVD Column ... ... oh, wait!
Oct. 29, 2012, 1:08 p.m. CST
Oct. 29, 2012, 2:48 p.m. CST
But for whatever reason I feel like I should be more excited for this. Hopefully the trailers have been a tad misleading and there will be more nostalgia than what's been let on. But if it becomes the Sarah Silverman show I will become a giant green rage monster.
Oct. 29, 2012, 3:03 p.m. CST
in the latest news column, we have 3 contest or screening announcements, 6 scary movie countdown articles, 2 behind the scenes pics, 2 comic book interviews, 2 sets of cosplay pics, 1 recap of NY comicon panels, 1 Saturday shorts article, 1 bullshit Matrix films article, and 2 movie interviews.
Oct. 29, 2012, 3:27 p.m. CST
It's more of a "random stuff we think is cool" site and a forum for movie studios to promote their films through celebrity interviews and embargoed reviews. It really isn't much of a news site at all anymore. There's plenty of new stuff up on ComingSoon.net today. I go there and Deadline.com for movie news. I come here on Fridays for the reviews, which I enjoy, and a couple of times throughout the week to see if Harry has posted his DVD column, which I used to rely on to keep up with what's new. I'd love to see a more focused and cutting-edge AICN again, but those days are gone.
Oct. 29, 2012, 3:42 p.m. CST
by doom master
Yeah baby...I sure am....
Oct. 29, 2012, 5:59 p.m. CST
Oct. 29, 2012, 8:34 p.m. CST
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 198 total posts 173 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 158 total posts 114 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 194 total posts 51 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 558 total posts 35 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 180 total posts 23 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 111 total posts 21 posts
- Check Out Thomas Haden Church in this Trailer for WHITEWASH! -- 66 total posts 10 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 356 total posts 9 posts
- REAL HISTORY OF SCIENCE FICTION Premiere!! The Return Of ORPHAN BLACK!! Hallmark’s A LESSON IN ROMANCE!! Lifetime’s A DAY LATE AND A DOLLAR SHORT!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 7 total posts 7 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 191 total posts 7 posts