Houston! HITCHCOCK-FEST Is Coming! And It's Free!
I think there might be a few Austinites who will want to drive in for this one... and I wouldn't blame them.
On November 17th, the Houston Film Critics Society (of which I am a member) will be throwing an event that I'm frankly honored to be a part of - Hitchcock-Fest, a celebration of the master of suspense, Alfred hitchcock. Starting at 2:00 PM Central, we'll be doing a triple-feature - first Hitchcock's classic REAR WINDOW:
And then, the undisputed horror masterpiece, PSYCHO (I love this extended trailer - Hitchcock is surely toying with his victims here):
And then, as a special treat, we'll be giving the world a sneak preview of Sacha Gervasi's HITCHCOCK, starring Anthony Hopins, Helen Mirren, and Scarlett Johansson:
And it's absolutely free.
Yep, you read correctly. Just go to the Houston Alamo Drafthouse website here - http://drafthouse.com/movies/the_houston_film_critics_present_hitchcock-fest/houston - to reserve seats. Your $5 voucher insures that you get a seat and you can use your $5 towards any food or drink purchase. From 2:00 PM to 9:00 PM, you can take part in an amazing experience - seeing two undisputed classic Alfred Hitchcock films, and then seeing a new movie about the making of PSYCHO, two weeks before it will be released in Houston.
For those who have never seen REAR WINDOW or PSYCHO, this is your chance to see them on the big screen, and it should be very interesting indeed to see PSYCHO and then watch the nuts and bolts of how that movie came to be in Gervasi's new movie.
We'll also be selling T-shirts benefiting the Houston Film Critics Society, if you so choose - not only does it help throw events like this but we also help bring local awareness to our growing filmmaking community.
It's going to be a ton of fun, and I can't wait to be a part of it. I hope you will too. And Austin, nothing preventing you from hopping in the car and taking part in this event! Come join us for a little murder, and bring your mom! Norman always does...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 27, 2012, 7:55 a.m. CST
Not Hitchcock. Guy's in a suit all the time. Really interested to see the new movie. Wish I could go to the filming, but I'm out of town that week.
Oct. 27, 2012, 8:01 a.m. CST
A lovely combination of The 39 Steps and Psycho.
Oct. 27, 2012, 8:07 a.m. CST
Oct. 27, 2012, 8:51 a.m. CST
Oct. 27, 2012, 8:55 a.m. CST
....actually had news on it's site? I remember five, six years ago when AICN was at it's peak. It was about NEWS, new movie developments, etc. Hercules would have some awesome news on TV shows (and not his ratings-filled rantings), Quint and Moriarty would have some awesome spoilery tidbits on upcoming movies, Harry would have some secret industry news for us all. Good times back then. Now every new post I see is either a damn "exclusive" movie festival announcement by Nordling, a South Florida movie screening post by The Kidd, a worthless review of some movie that came out years ago from the biased point-of-view of one of the "staffers" (AKA a wife/father/child/third cousin of someone who works here), a behind-the-scenes picture, or an interview with the guy who worked craft services for the Matrix movies. When they do actually have some REAL movie news on their site, its typically a few days old at that point. Seriously, can we get some fucking NEWS back on this site, instead of a bunch of horseshit?
Oct. 27, 2012, 10:33 a.m. CST
Because driving to Houston to watch blu-rays may not be worth it.
Oct. 27, 2012, 4:52 p.m. CST
And I'm gay.
Oct. 27, 2012, 4:57 p.m. CST
...after all of that Hitchcock estate mess was settled, and Universal had a rerelease. We forget that it was unavailable for years. I had never seen it, and was in absolute awe. It's an amazing film, and I've seen it about 30 times. I'll never forget my first "Psycho" viewing......I was about 12, and the local CBS affiliate showed it around midnight, on a weekend in '74. (Parents had gone to sleep.) I. was. freaked. out.
Oct. 27, 2012, 10:43 p.m. CST
by Kerry Sherwin
It was done entirely with stringed instruments - and was fantastic!
Oct. 28, 2012, 12:35 a.m. CST
I want to make it. I always have to work. A.H. knew how to frame a picture, made it look easy.
- 1st wk of Sept 2014's PICKS & PEEKS with Universal Monsters, FIRESTARTER, Eco-Terrorism, swords & fantasy! -- 182 total posts 178 posts
- A Badass GAME OF THRONES Sword Guy Has Apparently Been Cast In STAR WARS EPISODE VII!! -- 126 total posts 126 posts
- See Luke Evans' Kinect Bats In This New DRACULA UNTOLD Trailer!! -- 98 total posts 98 posts
- This New Trailer For MONSTERS: DARK CONTINENT Is Looking Promising!! -- 86 total posts 86 posts
- BBC Issues DOCTOR WHO: ‘Robot of Sherwood’ Promo Images!! + DOCTOR WHO EXTRAs For ‘Deep Breath’ And ‘Into the Dalek’ Are Now On YouTube!! -- 49 total posts 49 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 747 total posts 33 posts
- AICN COMICS PODCAST reviews GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! WAYWARD! SUNDOWNERS! & More! -- 21 total posts 21 posts
- Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling to bust some heads as Shane Black's NICE GUYS in July 2016! -- 19 total posts 19 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 431 total posts 18 posts
- The DRUNK HISTORY Finale!! HOUDINI Finale!! ROYAL PAINS Finale!! RIZZOLI & ISLES Finale!! HARD KNOCKS Finale!! New TALENT, CARTER, GEAR, LITTLE, LIARS, MATADOR, WIZARD!! The Chenbot On LETTERMAN!! Brienne Of Tarth On CRAIG!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 18 total posts 18 posts