Learn What NBC’s New
Hannibal Lecter Looks Like!!
Within hours of the premiere of Bryan Fuller’s NBC “Munsters” reboot “Mockingbird Lane” comes photography from Entertainment Weekly depicting the cast from Fuller’s midseason thriller “Hannibal,” NBC’s series prequel to “Manhunter,” “Red Dragon” and “Silence of the Lambs.”
The new series stars Mads Mikkelsen (“Casino Royale”) as Dr. Lecter, Hugh Dancy (“Martha Marcy May Marlene”) as FBI profiler Will Graham, Laurence Fishburne (“The Matrix”) as FBI profiling chief Jack Crawford, and Caroline Dhavernas (“Wonderfalls”) as Dr. Alana Bloom.
Mikkelsen, clearly, is not utilizing the slicked-back look utilized by Brian Cox and Anthony Hopkins.
Find all of EW’s eight photos here.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 26, 2012, 1:29 p.m. CST
i like him as an actor. and he's got a creepy vibe.
Oct. 26, 2012, 1:34 p.m. CST
...he kind of looks like an older, much creepier version of Kenneth from 30 Rock.
Oct. 26, 2012, 1:41 p.m. CST
So it says in Hannibal. I hope this means the proportional strength. Would be fun then to see a match between Lecter and Peter Parker.
Oct. 26, 2012, 1:55 p.m. CST
After he's realized what a dark place the world is lol. Good point
Oct. 26, 2012, 2:02 p.m. CST
by Drunken Busboy
Very under appreciated movie! And a very under appreciated performance by Ulliel as the young Hannibal! He was very believable as a younger version of the Hopkins version of Hannibal. The only thing I didn't like about the movie was how the "Hannibal Mask" was worked into the prequel as a Japanese warrior mask. That part was too hokey!
Oct. 26, 2012, 2:20 p.m. CST
by rakesh patel
i just cant see this as a series. I'm sorry brian fuller, nothing personal. hope im wrong.
Oct. 26, 2012, 2:22 p.m. CST
Mads Mikkelsen is 46
Oct. 26, 2012, 3:06 p.m. CST
Oct. 26, 2012, 3:10 p.m. CST
Hugh Dancy is pretty perfect for a younger Will Graham. I'm not a big fan of movies becoming TV shows, but this ... I will allow it. Of course, seeing Dhavernas is going to make me wish for more Wonderfalls. *sigh*
Oct. 26, 2012, 4:19 p.m. CST
Oct. 26, 2012, 4:25 p.m. CST
by Righteous Brother
I have just finished watching Casino Royale. Madds was damn fine in that.
Oct. 26, 2012, 6:35 p.m. CST
Oct. 26, 2012, 7:18 p.m. CST
by David Duchovny
at his beet farm. That dude looks like Dwight Schrute.
Oct. 26, 2012, 7:20 p.m. CST
You are a badass actor so why are you doing Network TV? Its what actors do when their film careers are over.
Oct. 26, 2012, 7:34 p.m. CST
has a chance to make the role his own...maybe he will be the definitive Lecter if the show lasts a few seasons
Oct. 26, 2012, 7:44 p.m. CST
Isn't Hannibal fairly played out at this point with all the movies, just don't see the interest here.
Oct. 26, 2012, 7:46 p.m. CST
by Stuntcock Mike
Oct. 26, 2012, 7:47 p.m. CST
Oct. 26, 2012, 11:23 p.m. CST
Mads looks like a serial killer.He freaked me out in Casino Royale.When I dream at night,I Mads is hitting my balls with a giant rope with heavy balls
Oct. 26, 2012, 11:31 p.m. CST
Oct. 27, 2012, 8:36 a.m. CST
... and plus, this is a network TV. How far can they take this as for gore?
Oct. 27, 2012, 1:26 p.m. CST
by Cess Pitt
Oct. 27, 2012, 1:44 p.m. CST
Oct. 27, 2012, 2:57 p.m. CST
A terrible idea for a TV series otherwise.
Oct. 27, 2012, 3:20 p.m. CST
So Dr Bloom's a female in this version? Is there a stated reason why they've made the change?
Oct. 27, 2012, 6:21 p.m. CST
by Mr. Pricklepants
Oct. 27, 2012, 9:52 p.m. CST
by I am_NOTREAL
But in his shoes, I probably would've, too.
Oct. 28, 2012, 7:08 a.m. CST
Seems like they just keep putting cop dramas out, but with a new twist each time. Some sort of character helps the main detective solve crimes each week. Stupid stuff. Sick of it.
Oct. 28, 2012, 8:53 a.m. CST
Bryan Fuller is getting to be as bad as Ryan Murphy.
Oct. 28, 2012, 4:10 p.m. CST
by Dan Anthony
I love Mads Mikkelsen (so good, he almost salvaged the three musketeers) but this photo is teeeeeeerrible. Maybe the Season One arc is Lecter getting off his chronic Lithium dependency.
Oct. 28, 2012, 7:04 p.m. CST
by The Goat
The first three seasons are pre-Red Dragon, with the fourth season potentially being the third adaptation of the novel. So hopefully it won't be a "serial killer of the week" procedural. Don't get any big ideas, or anything, but who knows? Also, Alana Bloom isn't the only gender-switched character, Freddie Lounds will be Frederika Lounds on the show. Chicks, man.
Oct. 29, 2012, 4:53 a.m. CST
If this is shoots off for NBC, much like Grimm I can see this hitting the 100th episode Syndication. The idea sounds and looks good on paper. It all goes down to how it is executed on Screen and the audiences' reaction. At least NBC is giving it a go and trying to get it's share of the audience. Good Luck to them.
Oct. 29, 2012, 8:14 p.m. CST
i.e.silent. Just like he was in Alien.
Oct. 30, 2012, 12:45 p.m. CST
And yes, I think that Fuller's Pushing Daisies cred merits at least three eps before personally shit-canning it.
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 406 total posts 69 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 157 total posts 27 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 35 total posts 27 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 34 total posts 25 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 51 total posts 22 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 39 total posts 17 posts
- Robert Downey Jr. seems to be tweeting a picture a day from the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron... -- 118 total posts 17 posts
- The First Official BTS Shots From JURASSIC WORLD Are Here!! -- 84 total posts 16 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 22 total posts 15 posts
- ‘So Who Wants To Go First??’ Amy Acker Is The Cellist In Joss Whedon’s AGENTS OF SHIELD!! ELSEWHERE & ER On PIONEERS OF TELEVISION!! New AWKWARD, SWAP, BOY, STORAGE, SCHUMER, TOSH, GLEE, FIRE, MINDY, DUSK, ORIGINALS, SUPERNATURAL, FARGO, FISHER & VOICE!! CONTAINER Finale!! Don Rickles On KIMMEL!! Natalie Dormer On SETH!! Stephen Colbert On LETTERMAN!! Elizabeth Warren On THE DAILY SHOW!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 213 total posts 14 posts