Live in Chicago? Capone has seats for an exclusive Ain't It Cool News screening of WRECK-IT RALPH!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
So you might have heard that Ain't It Cool News is doing a handful of exclusive screenings of the much-anticipated Disney animated work WRECK-IT RALPH, and I couldn't be more excited. In the second half of 2012, there are few films that people have asked me about more than this one. The idea that Disney has pulled the ROGER RABBIT of video games is an exciting prospect, and I say that as someone who isn't much of a gamer. I decided a while ago that I had to devote myself to one all-consuming passion, and that any spare time I had in my life would be given over to watching or writing about movies. And sadly that meant that I retired my gaming life. So to see some of my old favorite characters on the big screen, well it feels a little like cheating, but I'll find a way to live with myself.
From first-time feature director Rich Moore (a veteran of "The Simpsons" and "Futurama") and featuring the voice talents of John C. Reilly, Sarah Silverman, Jack McBrayer, and Jane Lynch, WRECK-IT RALPH is about a fictional video game Bad Guy who isn't really a bad guy. Frustrated with his lot in life, he abandons his game and sends the arcade world into a tail spin. Crap, I can't wait to see this with an Ain't It Cool crowd, which is exactly what's happening on Thursday, November 1 at 7:00pm at a theater in downtown Chicago (the exact location will only be give to the winners). And since this is a family-friendly Disney film, we're going to allow winners to bring up to three guests. Here's how to win seats…
To win, send me an email at WreckItChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "I'm Gonna Wreck It!" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your full Name, the number of confirmed Guests you are bringing (each winner may bring THREE confirmed guest--if I think you gave your +1 to someone trolling for free tickets at the theater, you won't get in), and the answer to the following question: "What video game character do you most identify with, and why?" I need a game title, character name, and a detailed reason for your choice. Keep your responses BRIEF--no more than 75 words (no matter how tempted you are to go over the limit). Best answers win, and you'll hear from me early next week if you won, so check your email!
Although this is an exclusive Ain't It Cool News event, it is slightly overbooked to guarantee a full house. So you should arrive early to make sure you get in and get a good seat. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending or arrive late if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter. And the 24-hour-notice-to-cancel rule is done. If you win and don't show up, the Black List is your new best friend.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to the Walt Disney Studios for giving Chicago this very cool screening.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 26, 2012, 12:47 p.m. CST
Oct. 26, 2012, 1 p.m. CST
I work late on Thursdays! Ah well. Maybe next time. Really looking forward to this one.
Oct. 26, 2012, 1:53 p.m. CST
by doom master
Oct. 26, 2012, 2:25 p.m. CST
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 389 total posts 23 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 644 total posts 21 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 204 total posts 13 posts
- WALKING DEAD!! BOARDWALK EMPIRE!! AGENTS OF SHIELD!! STAR WARS REBELS!! SOUTH PARK!! NEW GIRL!! HOMELAND!! GOTHAM!! FLASH!! SURVIVOR!! RESURRECTION!! PARENTHOOD!! BURGERS!! BLACKLIST!! BANG!! VOICE!! SLEEPY!! PERSON!! UTOPIA!! ANARCHY!! Z!! More Than 200 Autumn Premiere Dates!! -- 26 total posts 9 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 343 total posts 8 posts
- Fantastic Fest 2014 Trailer Wave Part 2! -- 15 total posts 7 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 316 total posts 7 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 6 total posts 6 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 352 total posts 5 posts
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 304 total posts 5 posts