South Florida!! It's Time To Wreck It With Our Very Own Exclusive Ain't It Cool Screening Of WRECK-IT RALPH!!
The Kidd here...
Anyone who's ever picked up a joystick or a paddle or a controller of any sort for any video game console of any kind should be excited for WRECK-IT RALPH. If you spent your youth lining up quarters, calling "Next!" on your neighborhood NBA JAM, STREET FIGHTER II or MORTAL KOMBAT coin-op, then you should be excited for WRECK-IT RALPH. If you remember fondly days of your childhood and adulthood finally getting beyond that one part of a video game that you just couldn't beat after what seemed like millions of tries, then you should be excited for WRECK-IT RALPH.
Now I've actually got a place for you to put all that excitement, as we're hosting an exclusive Ain't It Cool News advance screening of WRECK-IT RALPH down here in South Florida on Monday night, October 29, at 7:30 p.m. at the AMC Sunset Place 24 in South Miami.
We've got the entire theatre to ourselves for gamers of all ages, shapes and sizes to come together and geek out over the video game worlds we've grown to love over the years are brought to life, so let's get to filling these seats.
And for you to get on the guest list, all you need to do is simply tell me what your favorite video game of all-time is.
If you want in to see WRECK-IT RALPH, send your game choice, name and your guests' names (you can have up to THREE) in the body of an email to Contests@AintItCool.com with the following subject line exactly (in all CAPS):
I'M GONNA WRECK IT
If you're missing any of the information I'm asking for, then it's as if you didn't even enter for tickets. Make sure all your guests are going to be able to attend before you submit them, as no changes will be made to the list. Also, don't put in for four total seats if you know it's only going to be you and a date. You'd think I wouldn't have to say that... but I do.
Even though this is an Ain't It Cool exclusive screening, we will be slightly overbooking to make sure we have a full house, so be sure you can get there early enough to get in and grab a good seat. If you're not sure if you're going to be able to make it though, it's quite simple - don't enter. If you don't think you can get out of work early enough, or if you have class, homework, chores, scheduled surgery, an unreliable car, prior engagements or previous commitments that may prevent you from attending this screening, don't try to win only to let these seats go to waste. We've been having far too many no-shows lately, so if you decide you're not going to go in the event you do win tickets, don't worry about playing again in the future. You're going on my Black List forever and ever.
Get moving, and good luck, and thanks to Walt Disney Studios for putting this together for us.
And, for those of you wishing you had something similar for WRECK-IT RALPH coming into your neck of the woods, keep an eye on the site in the next few days. You might just get lucky.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 22, 2012, 11:56 a.m. CST
"Do not apply if your mother has cancer, if your father beats you regularly and you might not be able to crawl to the theater, if your dog is vomiting from the chocolate it picked out of the trash, bla bla bla" Jeez you guys really know how to take the piss out of things. You're like those do-gooders who do nothing but complain and grit their teeth the whole time.
Oct. 22, 2012, 12:05 p.m. CST
Don't be surprised about having too many no-shows from this site... neckbeards rarely leave their basements after all.
Oct. 22, 2012, 12:22 p.m. CST
by Baron Karza
Oct. 22, 2012, 12:24 p.m. CST
Oct. 22, 2012, 2:24 p.m. CST
Oct. 22, 2012, 2:37 p.m. CST
by Danny Boil
She gives me a huge sexual organ. I do hope this movie lives up to its staggering potential. Love the cast, the core story idea. We'll see.
Oct. 22, 2012, 5:27 p.m. CST
Unless they say Legend of Zelda or one of those great old games
Oct. 22, 2012, 9:22 p.m. CST
Were you an altar boy?
Oct. 23, 2012, 8:18 a.m. CST
I'd say that Portal 2 is my favorite game, seeing as it's the only one I've ever officially finished.
Oct. 23, 2012, 9:12 a.m. CST
Oct. 23, 2012, 9:13 a.m. CST
Oct. 23, 2012, 9:22 a.m. CST
by Mel Garga
Just do what the Canes do at their home games and cover entire sections of seats with a tarp.
Oct. 23, 2012, 10:55 a.m. CST
by Nasty In The Pasty
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS, OUT OF THE FURNACE, FROZEN, NEBRASKA And The Latest WALKING DEAD And RETURNED, The First Big-Screen Wonder Woman and More!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 460 total posts 313 posts
- Disney can now make new Indiana Jones Movies!!! But what about Paramount? -- 410 total posts 41 posts
- Big SPOILERS for X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and APOCALYPSE as new rumors suggest a familiar face will be playing the role of APOCALYPSE!! -- 374 total posts 23 posts
- The Annual Official Fake BUTT-NUMB-A-THON 15 List!!! Plus other things like STANDBY news! -- 135 total posts 21 posts
- Jerry Bruckheimer has returned to Paramount and Brett Ratner's BEVERLY HILLS COP IV is now on the way (again)! -- 191 total posts 15 posts
- Penultimate HOMELAND!! New BURGERS, SIMPSONS, GUY, DAD, MENTALIST, ONCE, REVENGE, BETRAYAL, TREME & SEX!! Mandela On 60 MINUTES!! AMAZING RACE Finale!! Last MENTALIST Of 2013!! BONNIE & CLYDE Premiere!! Herc's Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 12 total posts 12 posts
- SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES Writers Developing New TERMINATOR TV Series!! -- 85 total posts 7 posts
- Fox To Dabble In Shared X-MEN / FF Movieverse!?!? -- 204 total posts 6 posts
- Lars Von Trier's NYMPHOMANIAC Gets Two Release Dates! -- 57 total posts 5 posts
- Two More NYMPHOMANIAC Posters... -- 85 total posts 4 posts