UPDATED WITH WINNER!! Aint It Cool News, Terry Malloy, And Scream Factory Want To Give You A Copy Of THEY LIVE on Blu-ray!!
What’s up, Contenders? Terry Malloy here reporting live from the Waterfront.
“I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I’m all out of bubble gum.”
THEY LIVE is one of the most outrageous films in director John Carpenter’s amazing filmography. A homeless and vagrant Roddy Piper uncovering a heinous alien invasion via a pair of magic sun glasses? Yeah, that happens. Carpenter takes that crazy scenario and turns it into a wildly entertaining and paranoia-filled political statement that suggests that the 1% may really be out to get us.
John Carpenter is easily my favorite living director, and quite possibly my favorite of all time.
And so it is with unbridled excitement that AICN and myself anticipate the Blu-ray release of THEY LIVE from Scream Factory on November 6th! (Keep in mind that Shout Factory are TOTALLY releasing this movie on Election Day and are 100% aware of the awesome irony inherent therein.)
With an all new high definition transfer, for the first time on Blu-ray, we get the film, a John Carpenter/”Rowdy” Roddy Piper commentary, new interviews and making of featurettes, and more!
In celebration of this awesome film, we are giving away a copy of the brand new Blu! Thanks to Scream Factory for providing the prize.
All you have to do to win is obey, consume, and sleep while we slowly and silently assume control of your petty little lives.
All you have to do to enter is the following:
- Follow the official Ain’t It Cool Twitter feed: @aintitcoolnews
- Follow MY Twitter feed: @Ed_Travis
- Send an email to my AICN account with the title: I’M ALL OUT OF BUBBLEGUM. Make sure to include your mailing address and a confirmation of your Twitter handle in case your real name and twitter accounts sound nothing alike.
I will randomly select a winner and WILL double check to make sure that winner follows both Twitter accounts and has emailed me before contacting them as the winner. If I randomly select someone who hasn’t met all requirements, I will choose another winner.
The Blu-ray Releases on Election Day, Tuesday, November 6th. So I’m going to announce the contest winner that same day! I’m sure the tension will be just as high surrounding this Blu-ray giveaway as it will be surrounding the election.
And I’m Out.
Terry Malloy AKA Ed Travis
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 169 total posts 169 posts
- Nordling Reviews THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL! -- 81 total posts 79 posts
- Learn What Happens Next On HBO’s GAME OF THRONES!! -- 69 total posts 69 posts
- Idris Elba to voice a great, big, bloody Bengal tiger by the name of Shere Khan in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 84 total posts 58 posts
- Sam Raimi to produce an adaptation of THE LAST OF US!!! -- 150 total posts 46 posts
- Jeremy Returns With More Tales From The CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER Set! -- 71 total posts 45 posts
- "Just another Saturday night" Marv and company are back in the first trailer for SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR!! -- 185 total posts 43 posts
- From The Director Of GRAVITY!! The First Two Minutes Of NBC And Bad Robot’s BELIEVE!! -- 41 total posts 41 posts
- Eric Bana Wants to DELIVER US FROM EVIL in this New Trailer! -- 38 total posts 38 posts
- A newly remastered 4K print of THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE is coming just in time for its 40th anniversary!! -- 61 total posts 36 posts