UPDATED WITH WINNER!! Aint It Cool News, Terry Malloy, And Scream Factory Want To Give You A Copy Of THEY LIVE on Blu-ray!!
What’s up, Contenders? Terry Malloy here reporting live from the Waterfront.
“I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I’m all out of bubble gum.”
THEY LIVE is one of the most outrageous films in director John Carpenter’s amazing filmography. A homeless and vagrant Roddy Piper uncovering a heinous alien invasion via a pair of magic sun glasses? Yeah, that happens. Carpenter takes that crazy scenario and turns it into a wildly entertaining and paranoia-filled political statement that suggests that the 1% may really be out to get us.
John Carpenter is easily my favorite living director, and quite possibly my favorite of all time.
And so it is with unbridled excitement that AICN and myself anticipate the Blu-ray release of THEY LIVE from Scream Factory on November 6th! (Keep in mind that Shout Factory are TOTALLY releasing this movie on Election Day and are 100% aware of the awesome irony inherent therein.)
With an all new high definition transfer, for the first time on Blu-ray, we get the film, a John Carpenter/”Rowdy” Roddy Piper commentary, new interviews and making of featurettes, and more!
In celebration of this awesome film, we are giving away a copy of the brand new Blu! Thanks to Scream Factory for providing the prize.
All you have to do to win is obey, consume, and sleep while we slowly and silently assume control of your petty little lives.
All you have to do to enter is the following:
- Follow the official Ain’t It Cool Twitter feed: @aintitcoolnews
- Follow MY Twitter feed: @Ed_Travis
- Send an email to my AICN account with the title: I’M ALL OUT OF BUBBLEGUM. Make sure to include your mailing address and a confirmation of your Twitter handle in case your real name and twitter accounts sound nothing alike.
I will randomly select a winner and WILL double check to make sure that winner follows both Twitter accounts and has emailed me before contacting them as the winner. If I randomly select someone who hasn’t met all requirements, I will choose another winner.
The Blu-ray Releases on Election Day, Tuesday, November 6th. So I’m going to announce the contest winner that same day! I’m sure the tension will be just as high surrounding this Blu-ray giveaway as it will be surrounding the election.
And I’m Out.
Terry Malloy AKA Ed Travis
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Fox has hired a pair of writers to get a FLASH GORDON movie off the ground! -- 344 total posts 265 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 89 total posts 89 posts
- Today's STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Status Report: Casting "Almost Complete", Second Unit Shooting Underway! -- 339 total posts 83 posts
- Robert Downey Jr. seems to be tweeting a picture a day from the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron... -- 80 total posts 80 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 326 total posts 78 posts
- IT'S A SMALL WORLD: THE MOVIE directed by Jon Turteltaub is a real thing Disney wants to make! -- 89 total posts 69 posts
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 419 total posts 62 posts
- ‘So Who Wants To Go First??’ Amy Acker Is The Cellist In Joss Whedon’s AGENTS OF SHIELD!! ELSEWHERE & ER On PIONEERS OF TELEVISION!! New AWKWARD, SWAP, BOY, STORAGE, SCHUMER, TOSH, GLEE, FIRE, MINDY, DUSK, ORIGINALS, SUPERNATURAL, FARGO, FISHER & VOICE!! CONTAINER Finale!! Don Rickles On KIMMEL!! Natalie Dormer On SETH!! Stephen Colbert On LETTERMAN!! Elizabeth Warren On THE DAILY SHOW!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 188 total posts 60 posts
- The First Official BTS Shots From JURASSIC WORLD Are Here!! -- 48 total posts 48 posts
- Director Colin Trevorrow Talks The Bigger Picture Of JURASSIC WORLD!! -- 43 total posts 43 posts