UPDATED WITH WINNER!! Aint It Cool News, Terry Malloy, And Scream Factory Want To Give You A Copy Of THEY LIVE on Blu-ray!!
What’s up, Contenders? Terry Malloy here reporting live from the Waterfront.
“I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I’m all out of bubble gum.”
THEY LIVE is one of the most outrageous films in director John Carpenter’s amazing filmography. A homeless and vagrant Roddy Piper uncovering a heinous alien invasion via a pair of magic sun glasses? Yeah, that happens. Carpenter takes that crazy scenario and turns it into a wildly entertaining and paranoia-filled political statement that suggests that the 1% may really be out to get us.
John Carpenter is easily my favorite living director, and quite possibly my favorite of all time.
And so it is with unbridled excitement that AICN and myself anticipate the Blu-ray release of THEY LIVE from Scream Factory on November 6th! (Keep in mind that Shout Factory are TOTALLY releasing this movie on Election Day and are 100% aware of the awesome irony inherent therein.)
With an all new high definition transfer, for the first time on Blu-ray, we get the film, a John Carpenter/”Rowdy” Roddy Piper commentary, new interviews and making of featurettes, and more!
In celebration of this awesome film, we are giving away a copy of the brand new Blu! Thanks to Scream Factory for providing the prize.
All you have to do to win is obey, consume, and sleep while we slowly and silently assume control of your petty little lives.
All you have to do to enter is the following:
- Follow the official Ain’t It Cool Twitter feed: @aintitcoolnews
- Follow MY Twitter feed: @Ed_Travis
- Send an email to my AICN account with the title: I’M ALL OUT OF BUBBLEGUM. Make sure to include your mailing address and a confirmation of your Twitter handle in case your real name and twitter accounts sound nothing alike.
I will randomly select a winner and WILL double check to make sure that winner follows both Twitter accounts and has emailed me before contacting them as the winner. If I randomly select someone who hasn’t met all requirements, I will choose another winner.
The Blu-ray Releases on Election Day, Tuesday, November 6th. So I’m going to announce the contest winner that same day! I’m sure the tension will be just as high surrounding this Blu-ray giveaway as it will be surrounding the election.
And I’m Out.
Terry Malloy AKA Ed Travis
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
HERCULES ON THE RADIO!!
Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks About STAR TREK: INTO DARKNESS, Next Week’s HANNIBAL, MAD MEN, GAME OF THRONES, The New Fall Shows And More!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT/11pm ET!! -- 143 total posts 17 posts
- Harry dives into STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS' spoilers to reveal the truth behind the blockbuster we're seeing! -- 137 total posts 7 posts
- Here's A Behind-The-Scenes Look At MAN OF STEEL With New Footage! Also... Is Supergirl In The Prequel Comic? -- 90 total posts 7 posts
- UPDATE The Friday Docback Calls 'The Name of the Doctor'!! DOCTOR WHO's S7 Finale Arrives This Weekend!! Now With Glen's Ultra-Brief, SPOILER FREE MiniReview!! -- 263 total posts 5 posts
- Hey! Fat Face! Here's The New Teaser To ANCHORMAN: THE LEGEND CONTINUES! -- 166 total posts 4 posts
Ben Affleck Tonight Hosts
SNL’s 38th Season Finale!! -- 36 total posts 2 posts
- New PACIFIC RIM Trailer Takes A Battleship Upside The Head Of Every Other Summer Movie Trailer! -- 274 total posts 2 posts
- This Week's SATURDAY SHORTS: A SciFi Extraveganza! -- 8 total posts 1 post
2009-2014 -- 59 total posts 1 post
- Nordling Reviews STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS! Spoilers Abound! You Are Warned! -- 967 total posts 1 post