UPDATED WITH WINNER!! Aint It Cool News, Terry Malloy, And Scream Factory Want To Give You A Copy Of THEY LIVE on Blu-ray!!
What’s up, Contenders? Terry Malloy here reporting live from the Waterfront.
“I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I’m all out of bubble gum.”
THEY LIVE is one of the most outrageous films in director John Carpenter’s amazing filmography. A homeless and vagrant Roddy Piper uncovering a heinous alien invasion via a pair of magic sun glasses? Yeah, that happens. Carpenter takes that crazy scenario and turns it into a wildly entertaining and paranoia-filled political statement that suggests that the 1% may really be out to get us.
John Carpenter is easily my favorite living director, and quite possibly my favorite of all time.
And so it is with unbridled excitement that AICN and myself anticipate the Blu-ray release of THEY LIVE from Scream Factory on November 6th! (Keep in mind that Shout Factory are TOTALLY releasing this movie on Election Day and are 100% aware of the awesome irony inherent therein.)
With an all new high definition transfer, for the first time on Blu-ray, we get the film, a John Carpenter/”Rowdy” Roddy Piper commentary, new interviews and making of featurettes, and more!
In celebration of this awesome film, we are giving away a copy of the brand new Blu! Thanks to Scream Factory for providing the prize.
All you have to do to win is obey, consume, and sleep while we slowly and silently assume control of your petty little lives.
All you have to do to enter is the following:
- Follow the official Ain’t It Cool Twitter feed: @aintitcoolnews
- Follow MY Twitter feed: @Ed_Travis
- Send an email to my AICN account with the title: I’M ALL OUT OF BUBBLEGUM. Make sure to include your mailing address and a confirmation of your Twitter handle in case your real name and twitter accounts sound nothing alike.
I will randomly select a winner and WILL double check to make sure that winner follows both Twitter accounts and has emailed me before contacting them as the winner. If I randomly select someone who hasn’t met all requirements, I will choose another winner.
The Blu-ray Releases on Election Day, Tuesday, November 6th. So I’m going to announce the contest winner that same day! I’m sure the tension will be just as high surrounding this Blu-ray giveaway as it will be surrounding the election.
And I’m Out.
Terry Malloy AKA Ed Travis
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 1st wk of Sept 2014's PICKS & PEEKS with Universal Monsters, FIRESTARTER, Eco-Terrorism, swords & fantasy! -- 207 total posts 203 posts
- A Badass GAME OF THRONES Sword Guy Has Apparently Been Cast In STAR WARS EPISODE VII!! -- 152 total posts 152 posts
- This New Trailer For MONSTERS: DARK CONTINENT Is Looking Promising!! -- 115 total posts 115 posts
- See Luke Evans' Kinect Bats In This New DRACULA UNTOLD Trailer!! -- 109 total posts 109 posts
- BBC Issues DOCTOR WHO: ‘Robot of Sherwood’ Promo Images!! + DOCTOR WHO EXTRAs For ‘Deep Breath’ And ‘Into the Dalek’ Are Now On YouTube!! -- 65 total posts 65 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 751 total posts 37 posts
- Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling to bust some heads as Shane Black's NICE GUYS in July 2016! -- 31 total posts 31 posts
- New Red-Band Trailer For ABCs OF DEATH 2 Ain't Fucking Around! -- 30 total posts 30 posts
- Guillermo del Toro and Legendary Teaming Up with YouTube for Halloween Short Films Project! -- 26 total posts 26 posts
- The DRUNK HISTORY Finale!! HOUDINI Finale!! ROYAL PAINS Finale!! RIZZOLI & ISLES Finale!! HARD KNOCKS Finale!! New TALENT, CARTER, GEAR, LITTLE, LIARS, MATADOR, WIZARD!! The Chenbot On LETTERMAN!! Brienne Of Tarth On CRAIG!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 25 total posts 25 posts