UPDATED WITH WINNER!! Aint It Cool News, Terry Malloy, And Scream Factory Want To Give You A Copy Of THEY LIVE on Blu-ray!!
What’s up, Contenders? Terry Malloy here reporting live from the Waterfront.
“I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I’m all out of bubble gum.”
THEY LIVE is one of the most outrageous films in director John Carpenter’s amazing filmography. A homeless and vagrant Roddy Piper uncovering a heinous alien invasion via a pair of magic sun glasses? Yeah, that happens. Carpenter takes that crazy scenario and turns it into a wildly entertaining and paranoia-filled political statement that suggests that the 1% may really be out to get us.
John Carpenter is easily my favorite living director, and quite possibly my favorite of all time.
And so it is with unbridled excitement that AICN and myself anticipate the Blu-ray release of THEY LIVE from Scream Factory on November 6th! (Keep in mind that Shout Factory are TOTALLY releasing this movie on Election Day and are 100% aware of the awesome irony inherent therein.)
With an all new high definition transfer, for the first time on Blu-ray, we get the film, a John Carpenter/”Rowdy” Roddy Piper commentary, new interviews and making of featurettes, and more!
In celebration of this awesome film, we are giving away a copy of the brand new Blu! Thanks to Scream Factory for providing the prize.
All you have to do to win is obey, consume, and sleep while we slowly and silently assume control of your petty little lives.
All you have to do to enter is the following:
- Follow the official Ain’t It Cool Twitter feed: @aintitcoolnews
- Follow MY Twitter feed: @Ed_Travis
- Send an email to my AICN account with the title: I’M ALL OUT OF BUBBLEGUM. Make sure to include your mailing address and a confirmation of your Twitter handle in case your real name and twitter accounts sound nothing alike.
I will randomly select a winner and WILL double check to make sure that winner follows both Twitter accounts and has emailed me before contacting them as the winner. If I randomly select someone who hasn’t met all requirements, I will choose another winner.
The Blu-ray Releases on Election Day, Tuesday, November 6th. So I’m going to announce the contest winner that same day! I’m sure the tension will be just as high surrounding this Blu-ray giveaway as it will be surrounding the election.
And I’m Out.
Terry Malloy AKA Ed Travis
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Trailer Has Arrived! -- 219 total posts 219 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 494 total posts 174 posts
- At Long Last, Our First Trailer For MAD MAX: FURY ROAD!! Official Vid Of Comic-Con Reel!! -- 600 total posts 150 posts
- Watch Quickly!! Some Test Footage From Tim Miller And Ryan Reynolds’ DEADPOOL Movie!! -- 123 total posts 123 posts
- SDCC '14: First footage of Batman vs Superman screens!!! Now w/ hi-res look at Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman!! -- 771 total posts 106 posts
- A Nifty Video Tour Of The Warner Bros Museum Commemorates BATMAN’s 75th Anniversary!! -- 67 total posts 67 posts
- A New Tease For DOCTOR WHO Season / Series 8!! -- 59 total posts 59 posts
- The Girls Come Out To Play In Red-Band Comic Con Trailer For SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR! -- 40 total posts 40 posts
- Eva Green in Talks for Tim Burton's MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN! -- 38 total posts 38 posts
- Our First Katniss-centric Trailer For THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY PART 1!! -- 37 total posts 37 posts