HBO says of “You’d Be Surprised”:
After venting with Nucky about his liquor travails, Rothstein sends Gyp an unequivocal message in Tabor Heights. In Washington, Gaston Means (Stephen Root) sees opportunity in a Senate investigation of Harry Daugherty (Christopher McDonald) and the Justice Department. Billie (Meg Chambers Steedle) gets a new co-star to revive her faltering show; Van Alden (Michael Shannon) and Sigrid (Christiane Seidel) receive an unexpected visitor; Gillian (Gretchen Mol) worries about keeping her business afloat in Jimmy’s absence; Margaret has awkward moments at the hospital and, later, at Madam Jeunet’s (Anna Katarina). Written by Diane Frolov & Andrew Schneider; directed by Tim Van Patten.
More in the text invisible.
* Once again, HBO does not keep us waiting for the pay-cable nudity!
* We get a swell Arnold Rothstein scene this week.
* Madam Jeunet has not been glimpsed since season one, but a character we’ve not seen since season two resurfaces as well.
* James Cromwell joins the cast this week as U.S. treasury secretary Andrew William Mellon.
* If you guessed Billie’s new co-star is Lucy Danzinger, you’ll have guessed wrong.
* No Harrow again this week, though there’s plenty of Gillian.
* Something quite startling occurs.
* It’s an usually bad week for Margaret.
* “Untie me!!”
9 p.m. Sunday. HBO.