Here's Exclusive New Promo Art For HOLY MOTORS!
One of the best moments in Leos Carax's HOLY MOTORS is when Oscar (Denis Levant) assumes the role of Merde the Troll, all decked out in his green suit, chomping on flowers and wandering around to the GODZILLA theme. It's easily the strangest character in a movie chock full of them, but it's also damn funny as well, especially when he interrupts an Eva Mendes photo shoot and the photographer becomes smitten with Merde's weirdness.
I'm really curious to see how the movie holds up to a second viewing - those people who saw it for the second time at Fantastic Fest told me it got even better the second time. So I'll be sure to catch it when it when it comes in my area - it's being released by Indomina in New York on October 17th, and released nationally on November 9th. In the meantime, here's a new piece of promotional art for the movie, with the character of Merde front and center:
HOLY MOTORS really is something quite different, and I hope it hits audiences the way it hit me (and many others) at Fantastic Fest.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 12, 2012, 12:03 p.m. CST
by Stifler's Mom
looks like an ad for the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards
Oct. 12, 2012, 12:04 p.m. CST
Oct. 12, 2012, 12:24 p.m. CST
It is a trippy poster but I like that. I think that is what the message is trying to convey. Remember the Fear and Loathing Poster? In today's generic poster world of photo-shopping actors in from different photo shoots (I'm looking at you Avengers) at least this has "some" artistic attempt. I love the old school days of hand painted posters and good creative teasing.
Oct. 12, 2012, 12:27 p.m. CST
Oct. 12, 2012, 12:29 p.m. CST
by golden tribw
Oct. 12, 2012, 1:11 p.m. CST
And by high, I mean high on drugs, not in an airplane or something.
Oct. 12, 2012, 1:17 p.m. CST
the go-to comment from American morons when they venture outside of their comfort zones
Oct. 12, 2012, 1:17 p.m. CST
Oct. 12, 2012, 1:26 p.m. CST
that is a penis coming out of the mouth of the creature in the bottom right corner, right?
Oct. 12, 2012, 1:30 p.m. CST
THIS POSTER IS BITCHIN! I HOPE I SEE THIS AT MY LOCAL INDIE THEATER. I AM SO SICK OF THE BLUE/ORANGE TINT POSTERS.
Oct. 12, 2012, 1:40 p.m. CST
I hope it isn't abstract for abstract's sake. That sort of thing held appeal for me when I was in my twenties but not so much these days. Some dude in a funny green suit eating flowers and walking to the Godzilla theme into an Eva Mendes photoshoot only for the photographer to become enamored with him...as Roger Murtaugh once said, "That's pretty fuckin' thin." But I reserve judgment until I see it.
Oct. 12, 2012, 3:04 p.m. CST
by Danny Boil
...to the left, waiting for said penis, details which just sold me on this movie.
Oct. 12, 2012, 3:27 p.m. CST
I hope it isn't abstract for abstract's sake
Oct. 12, 2012, 4:48 p.m. CST
by Darth Macchio
Like really low. Like, put a bullet in your mouth but then the...other guy...spits it out. And then lots of glass smashing and growling, kicking. Lots of sirens and old ladies screaming themselves horse. Kids crying and crapping their diapers. Cats and dogs...you know the drill. And what's with the nascent love of facial cocoa-puffs? Mendes isn't hideous but that thing on her lip - it it her unborn twin sister? A third misplaced nipple? A third eye? Same for Cindy C - what the hell is that thing and why didn't you remove it? Why would women without them choose to put a fake one on their face? Always remember fellas, that cocoa-puff will be old one day...old and large and pissed off and sprouting hair...old lady moles are only about judgment. judgment on all of us. you, me, the grandkids. it's just a freakin mess all around.
Oct. 12, 2012, 5:46 p.m. CST
by Squinty CGI Flynn
Oct. 12, 2012, 5:54 p.m. CST
I like money.
Oct. 13, 2012, 1:24 a.m. CST
by doom master
real turds... Since we're already pandering about with a pretentious one...
- "Just another Saturday night" Marv and company are back in the first trailer for SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR!! -- 151 total posts 9 posts
- Nordling Reviews THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL! -- 11 total posts 9 posts
- SNOWPIERCER finally gets a U.S. release date in its full, un-Weinstened glory! -- 21 total posts 4 posts
- A newly remastered 4K print of THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE is coming just in time for its 40th anniversary!! -- 29 total posts 4 posts
- New PARKS, PARENTHOOD, PORTLANDIA, COMMUNITY, ELEMENTARY, HALF, CRAZY, MILLERS, VIKINGS, VAMPIRE, REIGN, GREY’S, SCANDAL, NERDS, IDOL, RAKE, BOO BOO, SEAGAL!! The Returns Of SUITS & WONDERLAND!! Bob Mould On LETTERMAN!! Herc’s Thursday TV Talkback!! -- 18 total posts 3 posts
- Idris Elba to voice a great, big, bloody Bengal tiger by the name of Shere Khan in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 28 total posts 2 posts
- Will the sun come out tomorrow!?! The first trailer for the remake of ANNIE is here! -- 534 total posts 2 posts
- ‘This Is Exactly What Everybody Said Was Going To Happen!!’ Promo For Oprah’s LINDSAY!! -- 15 total posts 1 post
- Yowzwa!! Here’s 4 Minutes Of CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER!! -- 178 total posts 1 post
- THE RAID Redux Sets Its Director!! + A Few More Details... -- 121 total posts 1 post