Heard of a film called LOVE IN THE TIME OF MONSTERS? You will.
Hello ladies and gentlemen, Muldoon here with some info on a movie still in production that seemed to catch my eye. So what exactly do you get when you mix Kane Hodder (HATCHET, FRIDAY THE 13th), Doug Jones (HELLBOY, PAN'S LABYRINTH), Michael McShane (DR. WHO), a few beautiful women, and a sasquatch together? ("Samsquanch" to my Canadian pals) You get a film by the name of LOVE IN THE TIME OF MONSTERS.
The movie's scheduled to be coming out in 2013 and while I'm not sure if it's hitting theaters, Blu-ray, or VOD first - it's got some incredible people in it. Hodder and Jones are behind the mask/man in suit legends who have both worked with grade A talent, so I'm really hoping they get a moment to shine without a prosthetic face between them and the camera, plus the premise/movie just sounds like fun times.
Two sisters travel to a cheesy tourist trap where they battle toxic monsters dressed in bigfoot costumes in order to save the ones they love.
Check out these stills and if you're curious - hit up their blog here!
With this film and Eduardo Sanchez'z EXISTS - it looks like 2013 belongs to Bigfoot. I'm okay with that, how about you fine folks?
- Mike McCutchen
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 10, 2012, 11:20 a.m. CST
Oct. 10, 2012, 11:20 a.m. CST
Oct. 10, 2012, 11:21 a.m. CST
Oct. 10, 2012, 11:30 a.m. CST
Did they order it online?
Oct. 10, 2012, 11:33 a.m. CST
Oct. 10, 2012, 11:34 a.m. CST
Stop trying to make 'Solomon Kane' happen !
Oct. 10, 2012, 11:43 a.m. CST
Oct. 10, 2012, 11:45 a.m. CST
Oct. 10, 2012, 11:55 a.m. CST
to see the half dozen articles devoted to the various movie posters for this flick. Although, this good be a fun hangover cure movie. Hopefully, there will be some nice gratuitious nudity.
Oct. 10, 2012, 12:39 p.m. CST
Oct. 10, 2012, 12:41 p.m. CST
by ray a
Oct. 10, 2012, 12:45 p.m. CST
Wait a second. Are the two sisters battling monsters to save the ones they love? Or are the monsters dressed in bigfoot costumes in order to save the ones they love??? I find this all very confusing.
Oct. 10, 2012, 1:56 p.m. CST
What's this about again?
Oct. 10, 2012, 2:21 p.m. CST
by Collin Armstrong
Monsters... dressed as other monsters? There's a dictum that says you get one big, heightened idea per story, and you play on that idea. People dressed as monsters killing other people is a big idea. Monsters existing by themselves is a big idea. Monsters... dressing up as other monsters... is confusing. That's why you tend to only want one big idea per story. Occasionally it can work (like Looper - two big ideas are in play there, and compliment - or at least don't derail - each other) but usually it's a sign of someone who doesn't have enough real meat on their story's bones (ie character, stakes, goals).
Oct. 10, 2012, 2:22 p.m. CST
at first i thought this was going to be one of those literature takeoffs, like pride and prejudice and zombies
then i read the synopsis, and realized this was something even more stupid
Oct. 10, 2012, 3:35 p.m. CST
And will either have Justin Long? He's the go to guy for bigfoot movies. (not counting Harry and the Hendersons)
Oct. 10, 2012, 3:38 p.m. CST
Oct. 10, 2012, 4:02 p.m. CST
Oct. 10, 2012, 4:18 p.m. CST
Oct. 10, 2012, 4:45 p.m. CST
by Monnie Knapp
It was one of those "What the fuck am I doing?" moments.
Oct. 10, 2012, 6:17 p.m. CST
Oct. 10, 2012, 6:20 p.m. CST
Im I the only person that wants the monsters to kill the stupid sisters?And the movie ends at 5 minutes...
Oct. 10, 2012, 8:01 p.m. CST
Oct. 10, 2012, 8:11 p.m. CST
The Mondo poster can't be far behind. Shameless fuckers.
Oct. 11, 2012, 3:25 a.m. CST
by doom master
it was called THE GEEK....
Oct. 11, 2012, 5:21 a.m. CST
In everything. Yes, even in a hockey mask.
Oct. 11, 2012, 8:13 a.m. CST
For those unfamiliar, if you dare... http://goo.gl/6u1sI
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 210 total posts 10 posts
- Beware Epileptics - we have a new motion poster for the upcoming remake of CARRIE! -- 70 total posts 10 posts
- John Ary's Video Review Of THE HANGOVER PART III!! -- 63 total posts 7 posts
- Capone believes that FAST & FURIOUS 6 is the best in a bizarre, crowded franchise!!! -- 72 total posts 6 posts
- Who is set to acquire the troubled indie Western, JANE GOT A GUN!?! -- 41 total posts 5 posts
- Capone makes the case that THE HANGOVER PART III is neither a comedy nor a movie!!! -- 62 total posts 3 posts
- New trailer for Casey Affleck and Rooney Mara's upcoming western, AIN'T THEM BODIES SAINTS!! -- 44 total posts 3 posts
- Tom Cruise Won’t Go Solo For MAN FROM UNCLE!! -- 116 total posts 3 posts
- The Friday Docback Revisits DOCTOR WHO Season 7!! A Fuller Review Of 'The Name of the Doctor,' And More!! -- 77 total posts 2 posts
- Here's An AICN Exclusive Clip Of A BAND CALLED DEATH! -- 15 total posts 2 posts