SPOILER ALERT! AICN COMICS PODCAST: DAREDEVIL! DANGER CLUB! KEVIN KELLER! DOCTOR WHO! & MORE!!!
@@@ AICN COMICS PODCAST @@@
Ambush Bug here. The below hour-plus long conversation took place between myself and my fellow @$$holes Matt Adler, Optimous Douche, and our host Johnny Destructo of PoptardsGo.com as we talked about DAREDEVIL: END OF DAYS #1, KEVIN KELLER #5, DANGER CLUB #4, MINIMUM CARNAGE #1, NON HUMANS #1, AVENGERS VS X-MEN #12, DOCTOR WHO V3 #1, another brain bursting edition of @$$terpiece theatre, and of course, more general jack@$$$ery!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 9, 2012, 9:11 a.m. CST
FUCK BEFORE WATCHMEN
Oct. 9, 2012, 9:56 a.m. CST
What a colossal piece of shit ending to an already shitty series. Seriously, I'm STUNNED at the positive reviews this issue is receiving... 11 issues of confusing, pointless build-up, that culminates with the big "solution" of Hope and Witch teaming up???? And instead of a few pages of energy throwing, balls-out action, we get them punching Cyclops in the fucking face? THAT'S THE SOLUTION???? I mean mother of Christ what a pathetic fucking ending...OH and I guess we also get Jean telling Scott to "let go", I should give points to the geniuses at Marvel for using THAT cliché... Have comics forgotten how to showcase a major battle? I mean Fear Itself ended with a whimper and now this turd goes out limper than it started. If they can't come up with something better than "stop fighting each other! Fight Scott instead!", at least they could spend half an issue showing something special in terms of action. This was a disgusting conclusion at best and if this is the best that Marvel has to offer...sad...just pathetically sad...
Oct. 9, 2012, 12:47 p.m. CST
by Greg Nielsen
Oct. 9, 2012, 6:17 p.m. CST
So am I to take it Matt doesn't like Superman, Star Wars, Flash Gordon, or any other sci-fi where the aliens look like a human?
Sheeesh! But it's ok to like what you like and don't like what you don't like. I could never get into the Sopranos because I didn't care about a mobsters personal problems- shrug. As for Dr. Who in general, abilities and tone change with the writers and actors. At it's base, the sonic screwdriver is just that- a sonic screw driver. A tool that allows you to manipulate things without touching them (like opening a locked door). Currently, show runner Steven Moffat has turned it into a tricoder, in which the Doctor can aanalyze and track things (way too much for me). I personally find the Dr. Who a good show because unlike nearly every other fictional hero (especially sci-if ones) he doesn't punch his way to victory. Just by being the smartest guy in the room, the Doctor can start and end wars. I find the mythology interesting as well. The TimeLords were nearly a fascist race and instead of towing the line like everyone else, the Doctor stole a TARDIS and has been living in the moment ever since. But like all heroes he has a strong moral code, and tries fix things he sees as wrong. He's the last of the Timelords because he ended a war between the Timelords and the Daleks (the big evil in the universe) by killing all of them. But being an on going series, The Daleks have come back, of course. I assume someday the rest of the Timelords will too.
Oct. 9, 2012, 6:50 p.m. CST
nightarrows...yeah I was definitely disappointed with this one, but at least it was better than Fear Itself!!!
Oct. 9, 2012, 7:30 p.m. CST
Loves a sonic screwdriver up his tardis
Oct. 9, 2012, 10:08 p.m. CST
Oct. 10, 2012, 8:54 a.m. CST
No sonic screwdriver for me, thankyewverymuch. As for my criticism... I was being a bit over the top, for comedic effect. The show HAS to have something going for it to have attracted as loyal and longtime a fanbase as it has. The alien-as-a-human thing is problematic for me in the Doctor Who context mostly because it's a form he's chosen, and seemingly never varies from, despite being this sort of all powerful omniscient entity. I compared him with Q from Star Trek who has a similar shtick, but with John Delancie you get the feeling there really is something creepy and unearthly about him despite his form. I've never gotten that from what I've seen of Doctor Who.
- Nordling Reviews STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS! Spoilers Abound! You Are Warned! -- 717 total posts 485 posts
- The big screen adaptation of ASSASSIN'S CREED has been given a release date!!! -- 140 total posts 126 posts
- Harry gets seriously geeky on the very geeky cool STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS! Can't wait for the next one! & See this again! -- 1430 total posts 83 posts
- Capone reviews STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS and considers the art of messing with canon and why it doesn't bother him!!! -- 471 total posts 79 posts
- Mr. Beaks Reviews STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS! -- 1134 total posts 75 posts
- AVENGERS 2 might be filming in SOUTH AFRICA, does this mean that Black Panther is going to be a part of the action!?! -- 318 total posts 72 posts
- UPDATE The Friday Docback Calls 'The Name of the Doctor'!! DOCTOR WHO's S7 Finale Arrives This Weekend!! Now With Glen's Ultra-Brief, SPOILER FREE MiniReview!! -- 116 total posts 51 posts
- Did you guys like RED 2? Oh it's not out yet, well who cares?? Get ready for RED 3 anyways!!! -- 100 total posts 43 posts
- ‘I Am Not Fucking Like You!!’ The 3-Minute Trailer For The Rampling-Enhanced Final Season Of DEXTER!! -- 84 total posts 42 posts
- Christopher Nolan maybe, could be, might be, directing the next BOND film!?!?! -- 508 total posts 33 posts