Houston! Ain't It Cool Is Teaming Up With Badass Digest To Bring You CLOUD ATLAS!
I saw CLOUD ATLAS at Fantastic Fest and it can be said that I went nuts over the movie. When I got back home, I knew I wanted to screen this movie here in Houston. This movie pretty much encompasses everything we believe in here at Ain’t It Cool – it’s a blast of true optimism in a cynical world, and I am deeply honored to be able to screen it for you guys.
I’m teaming up with Meredith Borders at Badass Digest for this screening, so here’s the juice – the screening will be on October 23rd, 7:30 PM. We will be overbooking to ensure capacity, and I have 125 seats to give away (with Meredith giving away the other 125). You can bring one guest (and no children, please, this is an R rated movie and not for the kiddies). So what you need to do is send me your name, whether or not you are bringing a guest, and tell me the movie that best describes you and why. You know the one – the movie that you came out of and said, “This is me – this is my life.” Send your requests to email@example.com under the heading CLOUD ATLAS HOUSTON!
Winning the contest does not guarantee a seat so you will need to arrive early to ensure that you get in. We will be checking both lists to see if anyone doubles up, so applying to both doesn’t increase your chances. Also, if you get chosen you need to let me know as soon as possible if you cannot attend. If I get you on the list and you don’t show without letting me know, you will be barred from future Houston Ain’t It Cool screenings. I intend on filling this screen up and I want passionate people to come. I will announce winners next Tuesday.
If you let it, CLOUD ATLAS may become a transformative movie for you. It certainly was for me. I can’t wait to see it again.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 9, 2012, 8:52 a.m. CST
Oct. 9, 2012, 9:01 a.m. CST
by Robert Evans
Oct. 9, 2012, 9:41 a.m. CST
by milla jovovich
I'll bet you have the beat the guys off with a stick!
Oct. 9, 2012, 10:04 a.m. CST
Now that some old school poster art. (I would have been fascinated with this if it had of been VHS box art back in the day.)
Oct. 9, 2012, 10:54 a.m. CST
by albert comin
Off-beat movies like "Cloud Atlas" need this kind of support to make them better known and more exposed to audiences. Good job, guys! Excelent.
Oct. 9, 2012, 11:22 a.m. CST
- Nordling Reviews THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL! -- 65 total posts 63 posts
- Idris Elba to voice a great, big, bloody Bengal tiger by the name of Shere Khan in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 78 total posts 52 posts
- "Just another Saturday night" Marv and company are back in the first trailer for SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR!! -- 179 total posts 37 posts
- Sam Raimi to produce an adaptation of THE LAST OF US!!! -- 140 total posts 36 posts
- From The Director Of GRAVITY!! The First Two Minutes Of NBC And Bad Robot’s BELIEVE!! -- 34 total posts 34 posts
- A newly remastered 4K print of THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE is coming just in time for its 40th anniversary!! -- 53 total posts 28 posts
- Jeremy Returns With More Tales From The CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER Set! -- 53 total posts 27 posts
- Yowzwa!! Here’s 4 Minutes Of CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER!! -- 202 total posts 25 posts
- Will the sun come out tomorrow!?! The first trailer for the remake of ANNIE is here! -- 552 total posts 21 posts
- Are You Primed For Optimus’ TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION Character Poster?? -- 164 total posts 19 posts