Houston! Ain't It Cool Is Teaming Up With Badass Digest To Bring You CLOUD ATLAS!
I saw CLOUD ATLAS at Fantastic Fest and it can be said that I went nuts over the movie. When I got back home, I knew I wanted to screen this movie here in Houston. This movie pretty much encompasses everything we believe in here at Ain’t It Cool – it’s a blast of true optimism in a cynical world, and I am deeply honored to be able to screen it for you guys.
I’m teaming up with Meredith Borders at Badass Digest for this screening, so here’s the juice – the screening will be on October 23rd, 7:30 PM. We will be overbooking to ensure capacity, and I have 125 seats to give away (with Meredith giving away the other 125). You can bring one guest (and no children, please, this is an R rated movie and not for the kiddies). So what you need to do is send me your name, whether or not you are bringing a guest, and tell me the movie that best describes you and why. You know the one – the movie that you came out of and said, “This is me – this is my life.” Send your requests to email@example.com under the heading CLOUD ATLAS HOUSTON!
Winning the contest does not guarantee a seat so you will need to arrive early to ensure that you get in. We will be checking both lists to see if anyone doubles up, so applying to both doesn’t increase your chances. Also, if you get chosen you need to let me know as soon as possible if you cannot attend. If I get you on the list and you don’t show without letting me know, you will be barred from future Houston Ain’t It Cool screenings. I intend on filling this screen up and I want passionate people to come. I will announce winners next Tuesday.
If you let it, CLOUD ATLAS may become a transformative movie for you. It certainly was for me. I can’t wait to see it again.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 9, 2012, 8:52 a.m. CST
Oct. 9, 2012, 9:01 a.m. CST
by Robert Evans
Oct. 9, 2012, 9:41 a.m. CST
by milla jovovich
I'll bet you have the beat the guys off with a stick!
Oct. 9, 2012, 10:04 a.m. CST
Now that some old school poster art. (I would have been fascinated with this if it had of been VHS box art back in the day.)
Oct. 9, 2012, 10:54 a.m. CST
by albert comin
Off-beat movies like "Cloud Atlas" need this kind of support to make them better known and more exposed to audiences. Good job, guys! Excelent.
Oct. 9, 2012, 11:22 a.m. CST
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 91 total posts 91 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 126 total posts 49 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 526 total posts 29 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 280 total posts 24 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 38 total posts 15 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 32 total posts 14 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 138 total posts 9 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 336 total posts 7 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 233 total posts 7 posts