Houston! Ain't It Cool Is Teaming Up With Badass Digest To Bring You CLOUD ATLAS!
I saw CLOUD ATLAS at Fantastic Fest and it can be said that I went nuts over the movie. When I got back home, I knew I wanted to screen this movie here in Houston. This movie pretty much encompasses everything we believe in here at Ain’t It Cool – it’s a blast of true optimism in a cynical world, and I am deeply honored to be able to screen it for you guys.
I’m teaming up with Meredith Borders at Badass Digest for this screening, so here’s the juice – the screening will be on October 23rd, 7:30 PM. We will be overbooking to ensure capacity, and I have 125 seats to give away (with Meredith giving away the other 125). You can bring one guest (and no children, please, this is an R rated movie and not for the kiddies). So what you need to do is send me your name, whether or not you are bringing a guest, and tell me the movie that best describes you and why. You know the one – the movie that you came out of and said, “This is me – this is my life.” Send your requests to email@example.com under the heading CLOUD ATLAS HOUSTON!
Winning the contest does not guarantee a seat so you will need to arrive early to ensure that you get in. We will be checking both lists to see if anyone doubles up, so applying to both doesn’t increase your chances. Also, if you get chosen you need to let me know as soon as possible if you cannot attend. If I get you on the list and you don’t show without letting me know, you will be barred from future Houston Ain’t It Cool screenings. I intend on filling this screen up and I want passionate people to come. I will announce winners next Tuesday.
If you let it, CLOUD ATLAS may become a transformative movie for you. It certainly was for me. I can’t wait to see it again.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 9, 2012, 8:52 a.m. CST
Oct. 9, 2012, 9:01 a.m. CST
by Robert Evans
Oct. 9, 2012, 9:41 a.m. CST
by milla jovovich
I'll bet you have the beat the guys off with a stick!
Oct. 9, 2012, 10:04 a.m. CST
Now that some old school poster art. (I would have been fascinated with this if it had of been VHS box art back in the day.)
Oct. 9, 2012, 10:54 a.m. CST
by albert comin
Off-beat movies like "Cloud Atlas" need this kind of support to make them better known and more exposed to audiences. Good job, guys! Excelent.
Oct. 9, 2012, 11:22 a.m. CST
- Who has been offered the directing gig on Legendary's SKULL ISLAND!?! -- 87 total posts 63 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Trailer Has Arrived! -- 449 total posts 59 posts
- KILL BILL: THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR to get a limited theatrical release in 2015?! -- 157 total posts 53 posts
- George R.R. Martin Scales Back HBO Activity To Focus On Completing WINDS OF WINTER!! -- 70 total posts 24 posts
- Eva Green in Talks for Tim Burton's MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN! -- 86 total posts 22 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 622 total posts 20 posts
- A New Tease For DOCTOR WHO Season / Series 8!! -- 119 total posts 13 posts
- Help Robert Meyer Burnett And Mark A. Altman Kickstart A Series Revisitation Of Their Ode To Geekosity, FREE ENTERPRISE!! -- 13 total posts 12 posts
- A Nifty Video Tour Of The Warner Bros Museum Commemorates BATMAN’s 75th Anniversary!! -- 89 total posts 12 posts
- Watch Quickly!! Some Test Footage From Tim Miller And Ryan Reynolds’ DEADPOOL Movie!! -- 156 total posts 11 posts