Houston! Ain't It Cool Is Teaming Up With Badass Digest To Bring You CLOUD ATLAS!
I saw CLOUD ATLAS at Fantastic Fest and it can be said that I went nuts over the movie. When I got back home, I knew I wanted to screen this movie here in Houston. This movie pretty much encompasses everything we believe in here at Ain’t It Cool – it’s a blast of true optimism in a cynical world, and I am deeply honored to be able to screen it for you guys.
I’m teaming up with Meredith Borders at Badass Digest for this screening, so here’s the juice – the screening will be on October 23rd, 7:30 PM. We will be overbooking to ensure capacity, and I have 125 seats to give away (with Meredith giving away the other 125). You can bring one guest (and no children, please, this is an R rated movie and not for the kiddies). So what you need to do is send me your name, whether or not you are bringing a guest, and tell me the movie that best describes you and why. You know the one – the movie that you came out of and said, “This is me – this is my life.” Send your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org under the heading CLOUD ATLAS HOUSTON!
Winning the contest does not guarantee a seat so you will need to arrive early to ensure that you get in. We will be checking both lists to see if anyone doubles up, so applying to both doesn’t increase your chances. Also, if you get chosen you need to let me know as soon as possible if you cannot attend. If I get you on the list and you don’t show without letting me know, you will be barred from future Houston Ain’t It Cool screenings. I intend on filling this screen up and I want passionate people to come. I will announce winners next Tuesday.
If you let it, CLOUD ATLAS may become a transformative movie for you. It certainly was for me. I can’t wait to see it again.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 9, 2012, 8:52 a.m. CST
Oct. 9, 2012, 9:01 a.m. CST
by Robert Evans
Oct. 9, 2012, 9:41 a.m. CST
by milla jovovich
I'll bet you have the beat the guys off with a stick!
Oct. 9, 2012, 10:04 a.m. CST
Now that some old school poster art. (I would have been fascinated with this if it had of been VHS box art back in the day.)
Oct. 9, 2012, 10:54 a.m. CST
by albert comin
Off-beat movies like "Cloud Atlas" need this kind of support to make them better known and more exposed to audiences. Good job, guys! Excelent.
Oct. 9, 2012, 11:22 a.m. CST
- First Trailer for EDGE OF TOMORROW, Starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt! -- 292 total posts 36 posts
- I'd watch Simon Pegg and Monty Python in ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING! -- 71 total posts 25 posts
- THE PURGE 2 to be headed up by Frank Grillo! -- 45 total posts 17 posts
- Our First Sense Of Uni's FAST AND THE FURIOUS 7 Strategy?? -- 142 total posts 16 posts
- DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES Teaser Posters Portend The Arrival Of Next Week's Trailer!! -- 151 total posts 15 posts
- A Poster For The Badass Looking GODZILLA!! -- 161 total posts 14 posts
- Is Jason Clarke Our New John Connor? -- 207 total posts 14 posts
- Sony has hired a writer for BAD BOYS 3, plus updates on the MEN IN BLACK and GHOSTBUSTERS franchises!! -- 302 total posts 13 posts
- Samuel L. Jackson in Talks for David Yates' TARZAN! -- 108 total posts 13 posts
- Butters-centric SOUTH PARK Season Finale!! Final Wednesday SURVIVOR!! The Final CSI, MINDS, ARROW & TOMORROW PEOPLE Of 2013!! New MOB, MODERN, MIDDLE, NASHVILLE, SING OFF, BURNING LOVE, GIRL CODE, AHS, X, SOUP, PICKERS!! Whitford On KIMMEL!! Cumberbatch & Takei On CONAN!! Herc’s Wednesday TV Talkback!! -- 38 total posts 8 posts