COMMUNITY Return Delayed!!
Abed May Not Be Headed For
Friday Death Slot After All!!
Just 11 days before “Community” and “Whitney” were slated to make their Oct. 19 Friday debuts, NBC has elected to delay both series to an unspecified future date. Their intended slots will be filled by repeats of “Grimm.”
The good news for fans is both series may premiere instead on school nights, when audiences tend to be bigger.
Given the success we’ve had for the past four weeks – including winning the first week of the season in A18-49 – we’ve decided to continue to concentrate our promotional strength on our new NBC shows that are scheduled Monday through Wednesday and have therefore decided to hold COMMUNITY and WHITNEY from their previously announced premieres of October 19th. Without having to launch these comedies on Friday at this time, we can keep our promotion focused on earlier in the week — plus we will have both comedies in our back pocket if we need to make any schedule changes on those nights. When we have a better idea of viewing patterns in the next few weeks, we will announce new season premieres of WHITNEY and COMMUNITY.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 9, 2012, 3:27 a.m. CST
And her tv show is too.
Oct. 9, 2012, 3:34 a.m. CST
Oct. 9, 2012, 3:35 a.m. CST
I suppose there is always the possibility that this will be good for "Community, but I don't believe it.
by Bob Loblaw Law Blog
I really wish it were an FX show so it could be left alone and allowed to flourish, like "It's Always Sunny" or "Louis."
So you have to will the death of another show to provide the dead mans shoes?
Oct. 9, 2012, 4:53 a.m. CST
by Rakesh Patel
you wont have to wait for long. if only promotions in rela life were that easy.
Oct. 9, 2012, 6:24 a.m. CST
and wait 'till January to bring the show back... * this will give them a hit show. * I want it back now.
Oct. 9, 2012, 8:31 a.m. CST
Oct. 9, 2012, 9:02 a.m. CST
It is clearly a horror science fiction thriller series set in an alternate reality where people are forced to laugh at her "jokes" against their will by alien overlords hellbent on destroying mankind's willpower with as little investment as possible in the effort.
Oct. 9, 2012, 9:14 a.m. CST
NBC could really doesn't give a shit. Let Community go! We will take good care of it!
Oct. 9, 2012, 9:30 a.m. CST
"this show was filmed in front of a live audience! deal with it!!" earns none of my respect or viewing
Oct. 9, 2012, 10:26 a.m. CST
I hate NBC! Bring back Community NOW!
Oct. 9, 2012, 11:12 a.m. CST
time slot (instead of the Friday graveyard slot that you origanally wanted, eh?). Trust 'em as far as i can throw 'em.
Oct. 9, 2012, 11:16 a.m. CST
not their precious Community!
Oct. 9, 2012, 12:07 p.m. CST
Put Whitney up against the Mindy project.
Oct. 9, 2012, 12:33 p.m. CST
Oct. 9, 2012, 12:57 p.m. CST
Just wanted to scare you.
Oct. 9, 2012, 1:28 p.m. CST
NBC just conceded Friday night. No point in spending any money advertising a show that's going to be on a night no one is watching TV. Friday just became the new Saturday for NBC (with Saturday still being Saturday). Why delay these shows? Reason 1. NBC assumed they would have cancelled a bunch of show by now - no one is more surprised than they are that they still have a full schedule a month later. or Reason 2. They have finally seen their mid-season lineup and realized how badly it sucks and know they'll have even bigger holes to plug come February when those turkeys start dropping like a WKRP Thanksgiving give-away.
Oct. 9, 2012, 1:53 p.m. CST
Oct. 9, 2012, 2:19 p.m. CST
Oh, and shut up katchoo67.
Oct. 9, 2012, 5:56 p.m. CST
That I hit a nerve. =D
Oct. 9, 2012, 6:16 p.m. CST
by Chris Moody
...once NBC cancels THE NEW "NORMAL."
Oct. 9, 2012, 6:49 p.m. CST
30 Rock does worse in the ratings in the 8 PM slot and costs more to produce, yet Community gets a bad rap as a poor ratings producer. Fact of the matter is any sitcom is going to flounder against the Big Bang Theory.
Oct. 9, 2012, 6:50 p.m. CST
As the only network sitcom starring a methed out tranny, they are breaking new grounds.
Oct. 9, 2012, 7:04 p.m. CST
Oct. 9, 2012, 8:35 p.m. CST
by Hockey Mask
Oct. 10, 2012, 1:03 a.m. CST
1) NBC doesn't own COMMUNITY so it can't put it on Netflix or anything else. 2) NBC licenses COMMUNITY from Sony. The only thing they are permitted to do is schedule, renew, and cancel the show. 3) Every network wants every show to be a success. It doesn't favor any show because of content. All the networks care about is RATINGS. 4) Sometimes the show you love, even if it is awesome, doesn't catch on with enough people to pull in good ratings. 5) Your favorite show is paid for by ADVERTISERS. If it doesn't get ratings, then the network loses money and even has to do give-backs to the advertisers, something they really hate to do. And when that happens, your favorite show gets cancelled.
Oct. 10, 2012, 5:35 a.m. CST
They've Britta-ed it
Oct. 10, 2012, 5:37 a.m. CST
Oct. 10, 2012, 7:48 a.m. CST
is that they're taking time to film 9 new paintball episodes!
Oct. 10, 2012, 8:10 a.m. CST
c'mon NBC. nobody puts Community in a corner.
Oct. 10, 2012, 2:18 p.m. CST
For fucks sake, NOT EVERYTHING NEEDS ROMANCE. They already beat us over the head last season with Jeff/Annie and Britta/Troy with them making googly eyes at each other to end 99% of the damn episodes. And now Jeff/Britta again?
Oct. 10, 2012, 3:53 p.m. CST
- First Trailer for EDGE OF TOMORROW, Starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt! -- 277 total posts 21 posts
- I'd watch Simon Pegg and Monty Python in ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING! -- 66 total posts 20 posts
- Our First Sense Of Uni's FAST AND THE FURIOUS 7 Strategy?? -- 141 total posts 15 posts
- A Poster For The Badass Looking GODZILLA!! -- 161 total posts 14 posts
- DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES Teaser Posters Portend The Arrival Of Next Week's Trailer!! -- 148 total posts 12 posts
- THE PURGE 2 to be headed up by Frank Grillo! -- 40 total posts 12 posts
- Samuel L. Jackson in Talks for David Yates' TARZAN! -- 105 total posts 10 posts
- Is Jason Clarke Our New John Connor? -- 201 total posts 8 posts
- Sony has hired a writer for BAD BOYS 3, plus updates on the MEN IN BLACK and GHOSTBUSTERS franchises!! -- 296 total posts 7 posts
- Ohmygod Ohmygod, you guys! The Godzilla trailer! -- 689 total posts 6 posts