One doesn’t easily forget, Herr Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day, an arm torn out by the roots.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
I believe I’ve talked about Son of Frankenstein a bit here before, so forgive me if I tread familiar waters. This film maybe isn’t as iconic as Bride of Frankenstein, but I get the feeling that it’s generally overlooked by most horror fans, which is a damn shame. It’s actually one of the most entertaining of all three Karloff Frankenstein flicks and it has a superb cast. You have Karloff back as The Monster, Bela Lugosi as Ygor and Basil Rathbone as young Baron Wolf von Frankenstein.
And for you Mel Brooks fans, you’ll get Young Frankenstein on a whole other level once you see Son of Frankenstein.
So, here’s the shot, of Mr. Rathbone and Karloff on the set at what appears to be Rathbone’s birthday party. Click to (slightly) enlargen!
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at email@example.com.
Tomorrow’s pic features two big names in horror, one known for being a director… but not in this particular picture.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 5, 2012, 11:22 p.m. CST
Oct. 5, 2012, 11:24 p.m. CST
Can't see shit.
Oct. 5, 2012, 11:46 p.m. CST
Am I right?
Oct. 5, 2012, 11:46 p.m. CST
by Christian Sylvain
Karloff's cool too, I guess.
Oct. 6, 2012, 1:05 a.m. CST
by The Dum Guy
I've never seen it.
Oct. 6, 2012, 3:11 a.m. CST
Oct. 6, 2012, 4:15 a.m. CST
For a nostalgic look at Hollywood and one of my favorite actors, try Rathbone's autobiography: IN AND OUT OF CHARACTER
Oct. 6, 2012, 6:39 a.m. CST
Sooooooo.....Second most entertaining? Just busting your balls, Quint. However, next time try -A Worthy Entry- or -An Equal to its predecessors-. -One of the most entertaining of the three- is like saying Revolutions is your second least-favorite of the Matrix series.
Oct. 6, 2012, 6:50 a.m. CST
Oct. 6, 2012, 7:26 a.m. CST
Oct. 6, 2012, 8:58 a.m. CST
Oct. 6, 2012, 1:54 p.m. CST
Now that's what you call a name.
Oct. 6, 2012, 2:21 p.m. CST
by ben sheppard
Oct. 6, 2012, 2:30 p.m. CST
Don' touch him, Frank'i'stein, he is my friend! [the Monster taps the child's forehead, then his own] He wants the brain of that child!
Ghost of Frankenstein, while obviously not on par with the first three, is still worth a watch, as silly as it got at times. Lon Chaney Jr was pretty blank faced as the Monster, but still scary and powerful. Bela was a trip, in all his hammy Ygor glory. I watch all four (and F vs the W, House of F and D and now Blu Ray Abbot and Costello meet F) every October. Any movie with the original Monster in it is fine with me.
Oct. 6, 2012, 6:01 p.m. CST
Daddy I dun seen me a giant living in the wall!
Oct. 6, 2012, 6:26 p.m. CST
by angry kitty
Son of Frankenstein. Can't believe I actually guessed one correctly. Yay me.
Oct. 6, 2012, 10:05 p.m. CST
Agreed, that kid was incredibly annoying.
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 250 total posts 151 posts
- New Trailer For Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR Is Here! Let's Light This Candle! -- 374 total posts 129 posts
- Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige! -- 229 total posts 91 posts
- Trailer for NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 3...yeah, you're welcome! -- 241 total posts 80 posts
- Rest In Peace Makeup Legend Dick Smith -- 72 total posts 72 posts
- HBO Greenlights New Class Warfare Miniseries From THE WIRE Mastermind David Simon!! -- 90 total posts 56 posts
- First Poster for THE HATEFUL EIGHT Arrives, Confirming 2015 Release! -- 176 total posts 53 posts
- NBC Hires A PILF To Play Peter Pan Opposite Walken’s Captain Hook!! -- 57 total posts 43 posts
- Disney Taking The Ol' Bait-And-Switch Route With Teaser For INTO THE WOODS! -- 40 total posts 40 posts
- New Images Invite You INTO THE WOODS! -- 65 total posts 27 posts