Check out this exclusive Seven Psychopaths art poster featuring Sam Rockwell!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I just saw Seven Psychopaths, the new film from In Bruges' Martin McDonagh and I loved it. It's very much a wink and a nod to the insanity of the screenwriting process, but features great turns by all its leads, especially the great Christopher Walken and, of course, Sam Rockwell.
Rockwell always brings it and when he's allowed to have fun there's nobody else like him. It was actually in a comedy that I first registered him as an actor. Who could forget Guy in Galaxy Quest? "We have to get out of here before one of those things kills Guy!"
Anyway, the folks behind the film have enlisted the help of artists to do a series of "Psychopath" posters and a few of the online guys are putting out one poster each. I got Rockwell's character poster done by Eric Nyffeler, which you can see below.
I think they're running some type of design contest on their Facebook page for a fan to create the 7th poster. They want you to make yourself the 7th Psychopath and upload the image to their Facebook page. The winner will be blasted out in their marketing.
So here's the Rockwell image!
I'll be back with my review on the film shortly.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 5, 2012, 11:30 a.m. CST
Oct. 5, 2012, 11:30 a.m. CST
Oct. 5, 2012, 11:31 a.m. CST
For starters, can we stop with the number in place of a letter thing. Especially when it's the same number that started the whole thing (se7en).
Oct. 5, 2012, 11:54 a.m. CST
I like it
Oct. 5, 2012, 12:07 p.m. CST
...because it's also part of the A!
Oct. 5, 2012, 12:35 p.m. CST
Oct. 5, 2012, 1:02 p.m. CST
Is he behind the guy that looks nothing like Sam Rockwell?
Oct. 5, 2012, 1:16 p.m. CST
Is there a 'stop breaking the 4th fucking wall you shit-mutt' command?!
Oct. 5, 2012, 2:23 p.m. CST
Oct. 5, 2012, 2:24 p.m. CST
by John Baranick
Studios hitting up online "blogger artists" to create free poster art for their upcoming films. The artists, of course, jump at the chance to be noticed/get published, etc. Shades of Rick Redfern @ the Huffington Post (Doonesbury).
Oct. 5, 2012, 2:29 p.m. CST
by Jack Desmondi
Stolen art from "Se7en" and a guy that doesn't look anything like Sam Rockwell. Let's add to that, despite holding the toy-dog, the guy has a "tough guy" look on his face--totally againt the character he is portraying in the movie-a rather cowardly/funny unemployed actor and dog thief
I'm pretty stoked on the artwork of this poster. Nice work.
Oct. 5, 2012, 2:55 p.m. CST
when there were real illustrators in the world. Any fool can learn how to use a Waccom tablet and trace photographs. This artist is trying SO HARD to be Olly Moss, but he forgot one thing. Talent. This movie looks great, but this art looks like a junior high school kid did it. FAIL.
Oct. 5, 2012, 3:19 p.m. CST
by MISTER RUMBLES
seriously, wtf is this?
Oct. 5, 2012, 4:06 p.m. CST
Oct. 5, 2012, 4:07 p.m. CST
But that really doesn't look like Sam Rockwell.
Oct. 5, 2012, 5:39 p.m. CST
Oct. 5, 2012, 6:24 p.m. CST
Not realistic enough to work that way. And not cartoonish enough to work that way either.
Oct. 5, 2012, 6:38 p.m. CST
Oct. 5, 2012, 9:20 p.m. CST
Oct. 6, 2012, 9:39 a.m. CST
by Tom McMahon
Just plain shite.
Oct. 6, 2012, 4:54 p.m. CST
I can't believe the amount of complaining fuckers you get on this site (okay, I know I'm complaining now.) There are so many ultra shitty Photoshopped movie posters out there it's great to get any posters that are actually illustrated. But you guys have to fucking complain anyway.
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS, OUT OF THE FURNACE, FROZEN, NEBRASKA And The Latest WALKING DEAD And RETURNED, The First Big-Screen Wonder Woman and More!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 491 total posts 344 posts
- Disney can now make new Indiana Jones Movies!!! But what about Paramount? -- 460 total posts 91 posts
- The Annual Official Fake BUTT-NUMB-A-THON 15 List!!! Plus other things like STANDBY news! -- 182 total posts 68 posts
- Big SPOILERS for X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and APOCALYPSE as new rumors suggest a familiar face will be playing the role of APOCALYPSE!! -- 418 total posts 67 posts
- Jerry Bruckheimer has returned to Paramount and Brett Ratner's BEVERLY HILLS COP IV is now on the way (again)! -- 206 total posts 30 posts
- Penultimate HOMELAND!! New BURGERS, SIMPSONS, GUY, DAD, MENTALIST, ONCE, REVENGE, BETRAYAL, TREME & SEX!! Mandela On 60 MINUTES!! AMAZING RACE Finale!! Last MENTALIST Of 2013!! BONNIE & CLYDE Premiere!! Herc's Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 22 total posts 22 posts
- The Friday Docback Rounds Up This Week's DOCTOR WHO News!! 50th Celebration, 'Time of the Doctor,' HornOrSilk Reviews 'The Assassination Games' Big Finish Audio, And More!! -- 65 total posts 18 posts
- Fox To Dabble In Shared X-MEN / FF Movieverse!?!? -- 215 total posts 17 posts
- SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES Writers Developing New TERMINATOR TV Series!! -- 93 total posts 15 posts
- Two More NYMPHOMANIAC Posters... -- 89 total posts 8 posts