Live in Chicago? Capone has seats for an early screening of writer-director Martin McDonagh's SEVEN PSYCHOPATHS!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
Several years ago, I was fortunate enough to moderate a Q&A with the famed British playwright Martin McDonagh, who was in Chicago to screen his feature debut IN BRUGES, a wildly funny and smart film about two criminals stuck in a town they truly despised. At the time, I didn't know much about McDonagh's theatrical roots, and I think he dug that because he wasn't interested in talk about the stage; he wanted to talk about his and other great movies.
I've since learned a great deal about McDonagh since our encounter; I've even seen a couple of his plays now. One of my biggest regrets of late is that I missed talking to him again on his recent press tour stop in Chicago because I was at Fantastic Fest. Still, I'm especially happy to have some seats to a Chicago advance screening of his latest film as writer and director, SEVEN PSYCHOPATHS, with a blow-your-mind cast that includes Sam Rockwell, Colin Farrell, Michael Stuhlbarg, Christopher Walken, Tom Waits, Woody Harrelson, Abbie Cornish, Harry Dean Stanton, and Kevin Corrigan. The screening will take place Monday, October 8 at 7:30pm at a theater in downtown Chicago (the exact location will only be given to the winners). Here's how to win seats…
To win, send me an email at PsychosChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "My Favorite Psycho" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your full Name, whether or not you're bringing a Guest (each winner may bring ONE confirmed guest--if I think you gave your +1 to someone trolling for free tickets at the theater, you won't get in), and the answer to the following question: "Who is your favorite on-screen psychopath, and why?" I need a character/actor name, the movie, and a detailed reason for your choice. Keep your responses BRIEF--no more than 75 words (no matter how tempted you are to go over the limit). Most original and convincing answers win, and you'll hear from me over the weekend if you won, so check your email!
Although this is not an exclusive Ain't It Cool News event, winners' seats will be held until 15 minutes before showtime (7:15pm), at which time any empty seats in our rows will be given away. So you should arrive early to make sure you get in and get a good seat. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending or arrive late if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter. And the 24-hour-notice-to-cancel rule is done. If you win and don't show up, the Black List is your new best friend.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to the CBS Films for giving us this very cool screening to Chicago.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 5, 2012, 3:38 a.m. CST
by Balkin Flabgurter
Oct. 5, 2012, 4:08 a.m. CST
His wiki page considers him Irish, can we not get the credit here? Oh, his brother, John Michael McDonagh, considers himself Irish as well. Might want to watch that issue, especially being in such an Irish town as Chicago!
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 116 total posts 91 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 101 total posts 57 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 556 total posts 33 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 171 total posts 28 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 174 total posts 17 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 104 total posts 14 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 355 total posts 8 posts
- Check Out Thomas Haden Church in this Trailer for WHITEWASH! -- 62 total posts 6 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 207 total posts 4 posts
- In Many Ways We Need Each Other!! Graham & Lecter Reform Their Crimefighting Team On HANNIBAL!! New WHOSE, FIVE-0, BLOODS, UNFORGETTABLE, DIXIE, GUNS, LAST & SMACKDOWN!! Return Of THE WRITERS’ ROOM!! HANGER 1 Finale!! Shatner On CRAIG!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 24 total posts 4 posts