AICN HORROR: Check out the trailer to Barry Levinson’s new found footage film THE BAY!
Greetings, all. Ambush Bug here with the trailer for the new found footage film by Barry Levinson called THE BAY. Found footage has always been fodder to play with for no budget filmmakers, but I’ve always wondered what a big budget found-footager would look like. I guess on November 2nd, we’re going to find out. Here’s the trailer to THE BAY.
What do you guys think of it?
Find more AICN HORROR including an archive of previous columns on AICN HORROR’s Facebook page!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 1, 2012, 2:17 a.m. CST
Once again, you have to applaud the way original screenplays, with intelligent concepts and ideas are churned out every month by the studios...
...everywhere else in the world other than hollywood
Oct. 1, 2012, 2:20 a.m. CST
Oct. 1, 2012, 2:22 a.m. CST
Back in the 80's? I also think I have seen like 5 movies like this since then! Good job Hollywood at doing something new! LAME!
Oct. 1, 2012, 2:42 a.m. CST
I vote poop.
Oct. 1, 2012, 5:54 a.m. CST
Oct. 1, 2012, 6:14 a.m. CST
"I’ve always wondered what a big budget found-footager would look like..." - Um, didn't we already have one, with CLOVERFIELD?
Oct. 1, 2012, 7:54 a.m. CST
Oct. 1, 2012, 8:08 a.m. CST
by Balkin Flabgurter
Oct. 1, 2012, 8:09 a.m. CST
Oct. 1, 2012, 8:11 a.m. CST
I also wish they hadn't shown that last jump scare, because that kinda looks like the end of the movie...?
Oct. 1, 2012, 8:21 a.m. CST
This was genuinely one of the scariest films at TIFF this year. Can't wait to see how it plays to a mass audience. I'm a little burnt out on found footage but this deserves to stand with [REC] and some of the best of the genre, IMO. It's an excellent use of several kinds of media, kind of like a more successful version of Redacted.
Oct. 2, 2012, 12:27 a.m. CST
but only if you've seen not more than 3 movies in your life
Oct. 2, 2012, 1:28 p.m. CST
by Michael Bay
Gee, another film that uses the laziest film maker gimmick of the 21st Century. Not to mention this appears to use every single burned out horror theme (zombies - check) cheap, crappy scare tactic... Seriously, who makes decent, original horror/monster films any more? The last barely decent one I saw was "I Saw The Devil" a couple years ago and that one really wasn't *that* original. "Cabin In The Woods" was hugely over rated.
- You're going to have to wait until 2017 to fly again with Hiccup and Toothless in HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 3! -- 38 total posts 11 posts
- 1st wk of Sept 2014's PICKS & PEEKS with Universal Monsters, FIRESTARTER, Eco-Terrorism, swords & fantasy! -- 228 total posts 10 posts
- WIRE Reunion!! Clarke Peters Joins Winona Ryder, James Belushi, Daniel Stern, Alfred Molina, Catherine Keener And Oscar Isaac For David Simon’s HBO Class-Warfare Miniseries SHOW ME A HERO!! -- 19 total posts 8 posts
- Guillermo del Toro and Legendary Teaming Up with YouTube for Halloween Short Films Project! -- 38 total posts 7 posts
- A Badass GAME OF THRONES Sword Guy Has Apparently Been Cast In STAR WARS EPISODE VII!! -- 164 total posts 5 posts
- Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling to bust some heads as Shane Black's NICE GUYS in July 2016! -- 42 total posts 5 posts
- Ridley Scott Says The BLADE RUNNER Sequel Is Written And It’s… -- 470 total posts 4 posts
- BBC Issues DOCTOR WHO: ‘Robot of Sherwood’ Promo Images!! + DOCTOR WHO EXTRAs For ‘Deep Breath’ And ‘Into the Dalek’ Are Now On YouTube!! -- 81 total posts 4 posts
-- 25 total posts 3 posts
- New Red-Band Trailer For ABCs OF DEATH 2 Ain't Fucking Around! -- 36 total posts 2 posts