AICN HORROR: Check out the trailer to Barry Levinson’s new found footage film THE BAY!
Greetings, all. Ambush Bug here with the trailer for the new found footage film by Barry Levinson called THE BAY. Found footage has always been fodder to play with for no budget filmmakers, but I’ve always wondered what a big budget found-footager would look like. I guess on November 2nd, we’re going to find out. Here’s the trailer to THE BAY.
What do you guys think of it?
Find more AICN HORROR including an archive of previous columns on AICN HORROR’s Facebook page!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 1, 2012, 2:17 a.m. CST
Once again, you have to applaud the way original screenplays, with intelligent concepts and ideas are churned out every month by the studios...
...everywhere else in the world other than hollywood
Oct. 1, 2012, 2:20 a.m. CST
Oct. 1, 2012, 2:22 a.m. CST
Back in the 80's? I also think I have seen like 5 movies like this since then! Good job Hollywood at doing something new! LAME!
Oct. 1, 2012, 2:42 a.m. CST
I vote poop.
Oct. 1, 2012, 5:54 a.m. CST
Oct. 1, 2012, 6:14 a.m. CST
"I’ve always wondered what a big budget found-footager would look like..." - Um, didn't we already have one, with CLOVERFIELD?
Oct. 1, 2012, 7:54 a.m. CST
Oct. 1, 2012, 8:08 a.m. CST
by Balkin Flabgurter
Oct. 1, 2012, 8:09 a.m. CST
Oct. 1, 2012, 8:11 a.m. CST
I also wish they hadn't shown that last jump scare, because that kinda looks like the end of the movie...?
Oct. 1, 2012, 8:21 a.m. CST
This was genuinely one of the scariest films at TIFF this year. Can't wait to see how it plays to a mass audience. I'm a little burnt out on found footage but this deserves to stand with [REC] and some of the best of the genre, IMO. It's an excellent use of several kinds of media, kind of like a more successful version of Redacted.
Oct. 2, 2012, 12:27 a.m. CST
but only if you've seen not more than 3 movies in your life
Oct. 2, 2012, 1:28 p.m. CST
by Michael Bay
Gee, another film that uses the laziest film maker gimmick of the 21st Century. Not to mention this appears to use every single burned out horror theme (zombies - check) cheap, crappy scare tactic... Seriously, who makes decent, original horror/monster films any more? The last barely decent one I saw was "I Saw The Devil" a couple years ago and that one really wasn't *that* original. "Cabin In The Woods" was hugely over rated.
- Is There A Snowball's Chance In Hell A&E Will Cancel DUCK DYNASTY, Cable's Biggest Reality Series, Because One Of Its Stars Called Homosexuality A Sin?? -- 624 total posts 156 posts
- X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST has lost a mutant! -- 226 total posts 132 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Adam McKay’s ANCHORMAN 2 And Spike Jonze’s HER!! Plus The Return Of KNBC Movie Critic Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 93 total posts 93 posts
- We now have the first full trailer for TRANSCENDENCE and it is insane!! -- 138 total posts 81 posts
- In the AGE OF ULTRON, Earth's Mightiest Heroes may also have to contend with Baron Von Strucker! -- 87 total posts 36 posts
- We have an exclusive test screening review of Seth MacFarlane's next film, A MILLION WAYS TO DIE IN THE WEST! -- 41 total posts 35 posts
- Nordling's Top 10 Movies For 2013! -- 172 total posts 31 posts
- THE EXPENDABLES 3 Teaser Evokes...BRIDGE ON THE RIVER KWAI!?!? -- 237 total posts 22 posts
- Capone loves the decadence, energy and scam artistry of David O. Russell's AMERICAN HUSTLE!!! -- 61 total posts 12 posts
- Monty Cristo's BNAT15: ENLISTED, Bag Swag, and the Big Show! -- 13 total posts 12 posts