AICN HORROR: Check out the trailer to Barry Levinson’s new found footage film THE BAY!
Greetings, all. Ambush Bug here with the trailer for the new found footage film by Barry Levinson called THE BAY. Found footage has always been fodder to play with for no budget filmmakers, but I’ve always wondered what a big budget found-footager would look like. I guess on November 2nd, we’re going to find out. Here’s the trailer to THE BAY.
What do you guys think of it?
Find more AICN HORROR including an archive of previous columns on AICN HORROR’s Facebook page!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 1, 2012, 2:17 a.m. CST
Once again, you have to applaud the way original screenplays, with intelligent concepts and ideas are churned out every month by the studios...
...everywhere else in the world other than hollywood
Oct. 1, 2012, 2:20 a.m. CST
Oct. 1, 2012, 2:22 a.m. CST
Back in the 80's? I also think I have seen like 5 movies like this since then! Good job Hollywood at doing something new! LAME!
Oct. 1, 2012, 2:42 a.m. CST
I vote poop.
Oct. 1, 2012, 5:54 a.m. CST
Oct. 1, 2012, 6:14 a.m. CST
"I’ve always wondered what a big budget found-footager would look like..." - Um, didn't we already have one, with CLOVERFIELD?
Oct. 1, 2012, 7:54 a.m. CST
Oct. 1, 2012, 8:08 a.m. CST
by Balkin Flabgurter
Oct. 1, 2012, 8:09 a.m. CST
Oct. 1, 2012, 8:11 a.m. CST
I also wish they hadn't shown that last jump scare, because that kinda looks like the end of the movie...?
Oct. 1, 2012, 8:21 a.m. CST
This was genuinely one of the scariest films at TIFF this year. Can't wait to see how it plays to a mass audience. I'm a little burnt out on found footage but this deserves to stand with [REC] and some of the best of the genre, IMO. It's an excellent use of several kinds of media, kind of like a more successful version of Redacted.
Oct. 2, 2012, 12:27 a.m. CST
but only if you've seen not more than 3 movies in your life
Oct. 2, 2012, 1:28 p.m. CST
by Michael Bay
Gee, another film that uses the laziest film maker gimmick of the 21st Century. Not to mention this appears to use every single burned out horror theme (zombies - check) cheap, crappy scare tactic... Seriously, who makes decent, original horror/monster films any more? The last barely decent one I saw was "I Saw The Devil" a couple years ago and that one really wasn't *that* original. "Cabin In The Woods" was hugely over rated.
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 148 total posts 116 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 113 total posts 113 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 450 total posts 110 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 66 total posts 66 posts
- Check Out This Trailer for British Sci-Fi Film THE ANOMALY! -- 44 total posts 44 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 190 total posts 42 posts
- The first trailer for Clint Eastwood's JERSEY BOYS is here! -- 110 total posts 34 posts
- SINISTER 2 Has Found its Director! -- 46 total posts 25 posts
- ‘This Place Is Bullshit!!’ The 2-Minute Season-Two Trailer For Netflix’s ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK!! -- 37 total posts 24 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 23 total posts 23 posts