AICN HORROR: Check out the trailer to Barry Levinson’s new found footage film THE BAY!
Greetings, all. Ambush Bug here with the trailer for the new found footage film by Barry Levinson called THE BAY. Found footage has always been fodder to play with for no budget filmmakers, but I’ve always wondered what a big budget found-footager would look like. I guess on November 2nd, we’re going to find out. Here’s the trailer to THE BAY.
What do you guys think of it?
Find more AICN HORROR including an archive of previous columns on AICN HORROR’s Facebook page!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 1, 2012, 2:17 a.m. CST
Once again, you have to applaud the way original screenplays, with intelligent concepts and ideas are churned out every month by the studios...
...everywhere else in the world other than hollywood
Oct. 1, 2012, 2:20 a.m. CST
Oct. 1, 2012, 2:22 a.m. CST
Back in the 80's? I also think I have seen like 5 movies like this since then! Good job Hollywood at doing something new! LAME!
Oct. 1, 2012, 2:42 a.m. CST
I vote poop.
Oct. 1, 2012, 5:54 a.m. CST
Oct. 1, 2012, 6:14 a.m. CST
"I’ve always wondered what a big budget found-footager would look like..." - Um, didn't we already have one, with CLOVERFIELD?
Oct. 1, 2012, 7:54 a.m. CST
Oct. 1, 2012, 8:08 a.m. CST
by Balkin Flabgurter
Oct. 1, 2012, 8:09 a.m. CST
Oct. 1, 2012, 8:11 a.m. CST
I also wish they hadn't shown that last jump scare, because that kinda looks like the end of the movie...?
Oct. 1, 2012, 8:21 a.m. CST
This was genuinely one of the scariest films at TIFF this year. Can't wait to see how it plays to a mass audience. I'm a little burnt out on found footage but this deserves to stand with [REC] and some of the best of the genre, IMO. It's an excellent use of several kinds of media, kind of like a more successful version of Redacted.
Oct. 2, 2012, 12:27 a.m. CST
but only if you've seen not more than 3 movies in your life
Oct. 2, 2012, 1:28 p.m. CST
by Michael Bay
Gee, another film that uses the laziest film maker gimmick of the 21st Century. Not to mention this appears to use every single burned out horror theme (zombies - check) cheap, crappy scare tactic... Seriously, who makes decent, original horror/monster films any more? The last barely decent one I saw was "I Saw The Devil" a couple years ago and that one really wasn't *that* original. "Cabin In The Woods" was hugely over rated.
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 179 total posts 24 posts
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 128 total posts 14 posts
- Scream and Shout: Quint is inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy to revisit BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS (1980)! -- 83 total posts 5 posts
- Here’s BBC’s Synopsis Of DOCTOR WHO S08E03: “Robots of Sherwood’ !! -- 61 total posts 5 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 105 total posts 3 posts
- Co-Director Anthony Russo Is Teasing, What, Exactly, Regarding CAPTAIN AMERICA 3?? -- 200 total posts 3 posts
2012-2014 -- 32 total posts 2 posts
- Our first look at the main character from Pixar's INSIDE OUT! -- 102 total posts 1 post
- Just How Conjoined Is Sarah Paulson In AHS FREAK SHOW?? See For Yourself!! -- 44 total posts 1 post
- Martin Scorsese May Make A Film About One Of America's Greatest Bands! Gabba Gabba Hey! -- 218 total posts 1 post