AICN HORROR: Check out the trailer to Barry Levinson’s new found footage film THE BAY!
Greetings, all. Ambush Bug here with the trailer for the new found footage film by Barry Levinson called THE BAY. Found footage has always been fodder to play with for no budget filmmakers, but I’ve always wondered what a big budget found-footager would look like. I guess on November 2nd, we’re going to find out. Here’s the trailer to THE BAY.
What do you guys think of it?
Find more AICN HORROR including an archive of previous columns on AICN HORROR’s Facebook page!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 1, 2012, 2:17 a.m. CST
Once again, you have to applaud the way original screenplays, with intelligent concepts and ideas are churned out every month by the studios...
...everywhere else in the world other than hollywood
Oct. 1, 2012, 2:20 a.m. CST
Oct. 1, 2012, 2:22 a.m. CST
Back in the 80's? I also think I have seen like 5 movies like this since then! Good job Hollywood at doing something new! LAME!
Oct. 1, 2012, 2:42 a.m. CST
I vote poop.
Oct. 1, 2012, 5:54 a.m. CST
Oct. 1, 2012, 6:14 a.m. CST
"I’ve always wondered what a big budget found-footager would look like..." - Um, didn't we already have one, with CLOVERFIELD?
Oct. 1, 2012, 7:54 a.m. CST
Oct. 1, 2012, 8:08 a.m. CST
by Balkin Flabgurter
Oct. 1, 2012, 8:09 a.m. CST
Oct. 1, 2012, 8:11 a.m. CST
I also wish they hadn't shown that last jump scare, because that kinda looks like the end of the movie...?
Oct. 1, 2012, 8:21 a.m. CST
This was genuinely one of the scariest films at TIFF this year. Can't wait to see how it plays to a mass audience. I'm a little burnt out on found footage but this deserves to stand with [REC] and some of the best of the genre, IMO. It's an excellent use of several kinds of media, kind of like a more successful version of Redacted.
Oct. 2, 2012, 12:27 a.m. CST
but only if you've seen not more than 3 movies in your life
Oct. 2, 2012, 1:28 p.m. CST
by Michael Bay
Gee, another film that uses the laziest film maker gimmick of the 21st Century. Not to mention this appears to use every single burned out horror theme (zombies - check) cheap, crappy scare tactic... Seriously, who makes decent, original horror/monster films any more? The last barely decent one I saw was "I Saw The Devil" a couple years ago and that one really wasn't *that* original. "Cabin In The Woods" was hugely over rated.
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 197 total posts 197 posts
- Could These International TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Posters Win Over A Skeptical 7(ish) Year Old?? -- 125 total posts 125 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 122 total posts 122 posts
- From The Wasteland Emerges A MAD MAX: FURY ROAD Teaser Poster! -- 121 total posts 121 posts
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 217 total posts 76 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 392 total posts 65 posts
- Aye! The Next PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN Film Has An Official Release Date!! -- 61 total posts 61 posts
- "I would never order an alcoholic beverage on the bridge..." Trailer for SPACE STATION 76 has its heart firmly in place and its tongue firmly in cheek! -- 105 total posts 56 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 205 total posts 47 posts
- Learn Which Movie Star Just Signed On To HBO’s Jonathan Nolan/Bad Robot Pilot WESTWORLD!! -- 43 total posts 43 posts