AICN HORROR CONTEST: Ambush Bug goes buggy for Bava and wants to give away three of his best films on BluRay/DVD to six ghoulish readers!!!
Greetings, all and Happy October! Ambush Bug here with a special AICN HORROR: ZOMBIES & SHARKS contest. The kind folks at Kino Lorber/Redemption want to give away copies of their three newest rereleases of some of Mario Bava’s best; BLACK SUNDAY (which I reviewed here), HATCHET FOR THE HONEYMOON (which I reviewed here), and LISA & THE DEVIL/HOUSE OF EXORCISM (which I will be reviewing in this Friday’s AICN HORROR column), to 6 AICN HORROR readers. Here’s your chance to bulk up your BluRay/DVD library with some classic horrors.
All you have to do is click on this link and email me the answer to this question in a 100 words or less; Who would win in a no holds barred cage match; Mario Bava, Dario Argento, or the underdog, Lucio Fulci? The 6 most entertaining and reasonably explained answers win a copy of all 3 of Bava’s films. Please be sure to give your full address in the email and specify whether you want BluRay or DVD.
Best of luck, Giallo ghouls! I’ll be posting the 6 lucky winners in this Friday’s AICN HORROR column.
Find more AICN HORROR including an archive of previous columns on AICN HORROR’s Facebook page!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 1, 2012, 3:37 a.m. CST
Call me lame all you want, but only yesterday i understood that "Ambush Bug" is a reference to a comic character
by albert comin
Yeah, until yesterday i didn't knew that Ambush Bug is a reference. Well, i'm more a movie geek then a comic book geek, in my defense.
Oct. 1, 2012, 3:38 a.m. CST
by albert comin
I also heard his son is not too bad either.
Oct. 1, 2012, 4:03 a.m. CST
I am all up in this contest! In fact, Bug, how's about you help me write in and let's get these people to release a Danger: Diabolik Blu-ray up in this bitch (this goes double for Planet of the Vampires too!)?
Oct. 1, 2012, 5:19 a.m. CST
It is a pretty obscure reference. Most people (99%) would not get it. He was only in a few miniseries, and couple special issues. BUT, they did introduce a whole brand of scatalogical in-joking, linear jumping, and off the wall humor oft-imitated by Seth McFarlane cartoons. (this was before the internet, so you actually miss the jokes and you couldn't look them up) I miss those books, especially CHEEKS.
- Capone believes that FAST & FURIOUS 6 is the best in a bizarre, crowded franchise!!! -- 88 total posts 22 posts
- Beware Epileptics - we have a new motion poster for the upcoming remake of CARRIE! -- 81 total posts 21 posts
- Spoilery early review of MAN OF STEEL!! -- 433 total posts 15 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 212 total posts 12 posts
- The Friday Docback Revisits DOCTOR WHO Season 7!! A Fuller Review Of 'The Name of the Doctor,' And More!! -- 85 total posts 10 posts
- Capone makes the case that THE HANGOVER PART III is neither a comedy nor a movie!!! -- 69 total posts 10 posts
- Harry dives into STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS' spoilers to reveal the truth behind the blockbuster we're seeing! -- 1480 total posts 9 posts
- Capone says the stunning 3-D visuals elevate the standard-issue plot of EPIC!!! -- 36 total posts 9 posts
- Tom Cruise Won’t Go Solo For MAN FROM UNCLE!! -- 121 total posts 8 posts
- New trailer for Casey Affleck and Rooney Mara's upcoming western, AIN'T THEM BODIES SAINTS!! -- 49 total posts 8 posts