AICN HORROR CONTEST: Ambush Bug goes buggy for Bava and wants to give away three of his best films on BluRay/DVD to six ghoulish readers!!!
Greetings, all and Happy October! Ambush Bug here with a special AICN HORROR: ZOMBIES & SHARKS contest. The kind folks at Kino Lorber/Redemption want to give away copies of their three newest rereleases of some of Mario Bava’s best; BLACK SUNDAY (which I reviewed here), HATCHET FOR THE HONEYMOON (which I reviewed here), and LISA & THE DEVIL/HOUSE OF EXORCISM (which I will be reviewing in this Friday’s AICN HORROR column), to 6 AICN HORROR readers. Here’s your chance to bulk up your BluRay/DVD library with some classic horrors.
All you have to do is click on this link and email me the answer to this question in a 100 words or less; Who would win in a no holds barred cage match; Mario Bava, Dario Argento, or the underdog, Lucio Fulci? The 6 most entertaining and reasonably explained answers win a copy of all 3 of Bava’s films. Please be sure to give your full address in the email and specify whether you want BluRay or DVD.
Best of luck, Giallo ghouls! I’ll be posting the 6 lucky winners in this Friday’s AICN HORROR column.
Find more AICN HORROR including an archive of previous columns on AICN HORROR’s Facebook page!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 1, 2012, 3:37 a.m. CST
Call me lame all you want, but only yesterday i understood that "Ambush Bug" is a reference to a comic character
by albert comin
Yeah, until yesterday i didn't knew that Ambush Bug is a reference. Well, i'm more a movie geek then a comic book geek, in my defense.
Oct. 1, 2012, 3:38 a.m. CST
by albert comin
I also heard his son is not too bad either.
Oct. 1, 2012, 4:03 a.m. CST
I am all up in this contest! In fact, Bug, how's about you help me write in and let's get these people to release a Danger: Diabolik Blu-ray up in this bitch (this goes double for Planet of the Vampires too!)?
Oct. 1, 2012, 5:19 a.m. CST
It is a pretty obscure reference. Most people (99%) would not get it. He was only in a few miniseries, and couple special issues. BUT, they did introduce a whole brand of scatalogical in-joking, linear jumping, and off the wall humor oft-imitated by Seth McFarlane cartoons. (this was before the internet, so you actually miss the jokes and you couldn't look them up) I miss those books, especially CHEEKS.
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 89 total posts 64 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 68 total posts 24 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 539 total posts 16 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 166 total posts 9 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 353 total posts 6 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 149 total posts 6 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 96 total posts 6 posts
- In Many Ways We Need Each Other!! Graham & Lecter Reform Their Crimefighting Team On HANNIBAL!! New WHOSE, FIVE-0, BLOODS, UNFORGETTABLE, DIXIE, GUNS, LAST & SMACKDOWN!! Return Of THE WRITERS’ ROOM!! HANGER 1 Finale!! Shatner On CRAIG!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 23 total posts 3 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 205 total posts 2 posts
- 3rd week of April 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: Welles,Wilder,Svankmajer, Mann,Jeong, Sirk,Trier & more!!! -- 146 total posts 2 posts