AICN HORROR CONTEST: Ambush Bug goes buggy for Bava and wants to give away three of his best films on BluRay/DVD to six ghoulish readers!!!
Greetings, all and Happy October! Ambush Bug here with a special AICN HORROR: ZOMBIES & SHARKS contest. The kind folks at Kino Lorber/Redemption want to give away copies of their three newest rereleases of some of Mario Bava’s best; BLACK SUNDAY (which I reviewed here), HATCHET FOR THE HONEYMOON (which I reviewed here), and LISA & THE DEVIL/HOUSE OF EXORCISM (which I will be reviewing in this Friday’s AICN HORROR column), to 6 AICN HORROR readers. Here’s your chance to bulk up your BluRay/DVD library with some classic horrors.
All you have to do is click on this link and email me the answer to this question in a 100 words or less; Who would win in a no holds barred cage match; Mario Bava, Dario Argento, or the underdog, Lucio Fulci? The 6 most entertaining and reasonably explained answers win a copy of all 3 of Bava’s films. Please be sure to give your full address in the email and specify whether you want BluRay or DVD.
Best of luck, Giallo ghouls! I’ll be posting the 6 lucky winners in this Friday’s AICN HORROR column.
Find more AICN HORROR including an archive of previous columns on AICN HORROR’s Facebook page!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 1, 2012, 3:37 a.m. CST
Call me lame all you want, but only yesterday i understood that "Ambush Bug" is a reference to a comic character
by albert comin
Yeah, until yesterday i didn't knew that Ambush Bug is a reference. Well, i'm more a movie geek then a comic book geek, in my defense.
Oct. 1, 2012, 3:38 a.m. CST
by albert comin
I also heard his son is not too bad either.
Oct. 1, 2012, 4:03 a.m. CST
I am all up in this contest! In fact, Bug, how's about you help me write in and let's get these people to release a Danger: Diabolik Blu-ray up in this bitch (this goes double for Planet of the Vampires too!)?
Oct. 1, 2012, 5:19 a.m. CST
It is a pretty obscure reference. Most people (99%) would not get it. He was only in a few miniseries, and couple special issues. BUT, they did introduce a whole brand of scatalogical in-joking, linear jumping, and off the wall humor oft-imitated by Seth McFarlane cartoons. (this was before the internet, so you actually miss the jokes and you couldn't look them up) I miss those books, especially CHEEKS.
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 391 total posts 54 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 151 total posts 21 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 27 total posts 19 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 47 total posts 18 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 25 total posts 16 posts
- The First Official BTS Shots From JURASSIC WORLD Are Here!! -- 82 total posts 14 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 36 total posts 14 posts
- Robert Downey Jr. seems to be tweeting a picture a day from the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron... -- 112 total posts 11 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 17 total posts 10 posts
- Mowgli to have friends like Scarlett Johansson and Lupita Nyong'o in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 44 total posts 8 posts