AICN HORROR CONTEST: Ambush Bug goes buggy for Bava and wants to give away three of his best films on BluRay/DVD to six ghoulish readers!!!
Greetings, all and Happy October! Ambush Bug here with a special AICN HORROR: ZOMBIES & SHARKS contest. The kind folks at Kino Lorber/Redemption want to give away copies of their three newest rereleases of some of Mario Bava’s best; BLACK SUNDAY (which I reviewed here), HATCHET FOR THE HONEYMOON (which I reviewed here), and LISA & THE DEVIL/HOUSE OF EXORCISM (which I will be reviewing in this Friday’s AICN HORROR column), to 6 AICN HORROR readers. Here’s your chance to bulk up your BluRay/DVD library with some classic horrors.
All you have to do is click on this link and email me the answer to this question in a 100 words or less; Who would win in a no holds barred cage match; Mario Bava, Dario Argento, or the underdog, Lucio Fulci? The 6 most entertaining and reasonably explained answers win a copy of all 3 of Bava’s films. Please be sure to give your full address in the email and specify whether you want BluRay or DVD.
Best of luck, Giallo ghouls! I’ll be posting the 6 lucky winners in this Friday’s AICN HORROR column.
Find more AICN HORROR including an archive of previous columns on AICN HORROR’s Facebook page!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 1, 2012, 3:37 a.m. CST
Call me lame all you want, but only yesterday i understood that "Ambush Bug" is a reference to a comic character
by albert comin
Yeah, until yesterday i didn't knew that Ambush Bug is a reference. Well, i'm more a movie geek then a comic book geek, in my defense.
Oct. 1, 2012, 3:38 a.m. CST
by albert comin
I also heard his son is not too bad either.
Oct. 1, 2012, 4:03 a.m. CST
I am all up in this contest! In fact, Bug, how's about you help me write in and let's get these people to release a Danger: Diabolik Blu-ray up in this bitch (this goes double for Planet of the Vampires too!)?
Oct. 1, 2012, 5:19 a.m. CST
It is a pretty obscure reference. Most people (99%) would not get it. He was only in a few miniseries, and couple special issues. BUT, they did introduce a whole brand of scatalogical in-joking, linear jumping, and off the wall humor oft-imitated by Seth McFarlane cartoons. (this was before the internet, so you actually miss the jokes and you couldn't look them up) I miss those books, especially CHEEKS.
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 295 total posts 295 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 382 total posts 224 posts
- From The Wasteland Emerges A MAD MAX: FURY ROAD Teaser Poster! -- 172 total posts 172 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 164 total posts 164 posts
- Could These International TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Posters Win Over A Skeptical 7(ish) Year Old?? -- 138 total posts 138 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 407 total posts 81 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 79 total posts 79 posts
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 218 total posts 77 posts
- Aye! The Next PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN Film Has An Official Release Date!! -- 70 total posts 70 posts
- EXPENDABLES 3 launches a ton of Comic Con posters! -- 60 total posts 60 posts