AICN HORROR CONTEST: Ambush Bug goes buggy for Bava and wants to give away three of his best films on BluRay/DVD to six ghoulish readers!!!
Greetings, all and Happy October! Ambush Bug here with a special AICN HORROR: ZOMBIES & SHARKS contest. The kind folks at Kino Lorber/Redemption want to give away copies of their three newest rereleases of some of Mario Bava’s best; BLACK SUNDAY (which I reviewed here), HATCHET FOR THE HONEYMOON (which I reviewed here), and LISA & THE DEVIL/HOUSE OF EXORCISM (which I will be reviewing in this Friday’s AICN HORROR column), to 6 AICN HORROR readers. Here’s your chance to bulk up your BluRay/DVD library with some classic horrors.
All you have to do is click on this link and email me the answer to this question in a 100 words or less; Who would win in a no holds barred cage match; Mario Bava, Dario Argento, or the underdog, Lucio Fulci? The 6 most entertaining and reasonably explained answers win a copy of all 3 of Bava’s films. Please be sure to give your full address in the email and specify whether you want BluRay or DVD.
Best of luck, Giallo ghouls! I’ll be posting the 6 lucky winners in this Friday’s AICN HORROR column.
Find more AICN HORROR including an archive of previous columns on AICN HORROR’s Facebook page!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 1, 2012, 3:37 a.m. CST
Call me lame all you want, but only yesterday i understood that "Ambush Bug" is a reference to a comic character
by albert comin
Yeah, until yesterday i didn't knew that Ambush Bug is a reference. Well, i'm more a movie geek then a comic book geek, in my defense.
Oct. 1, 2012, 3:38 a.m. CST
by albert comin
I also heard his son is not too bad either.
Oct. 1, 2012, 4:03 a.m. CST
I am all up in this contest! In fact, Bug, how's about you help me write in and let's get these people to release a Danger: Diabolik Blu-ray up in this bitch (this goes double for Planet of the Vampires too!)?
Oct. 1, 2012, 5:19 a.m. CST
It is a pretty obscure reference. Most people (99%) would not get it. He was only in a few miniseries, and couple special issues. BUT, they did introduce a whole brand of scatalogical in-joking, linear jumping, and off the wall humor oft-imitated by Seth McFarlane cartoons. (this was before the internet, so you actually miss the jokes and you couldn't look them up) I miss those books, especially CHEEKS.
- Is one of these guys ready to play Dr. Victor Von Doom in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 138 total posts 7 posts
- Aliens look to Steve Martin to find them a new home planet in this extended teaser for HOME, entitled ALMOST HOME! -- 18 total posts 6 posts
- See The Flash's Full Costume For The New CW Show!! -- 69 total posts 3 posts
- International OCULUS Poster Has Arrived! -- 2 total posts 2 posts
- ‘Nobody’s Interested In Your Texts!!’ President Barack Obama Takes On Zach Galifianakis BETWEEN TWO FERNS!! -- 36 total posts 1 post
- Kristen Wiig gets CATFISHed by Hailee Steinfeld posing as her father, Guy Pearce, in this trailer for HATESHIP LOVESHIP! -- 24 total posts 1 post
- ‘You Are Of SHIELD??’ THOR’s Hot Pal Sif Joins AGENTS!! The Premiere Of FROM DUSK TILL DAWN!! Plus New NEW GIRL, BOY, BROOKLYN, BACHELOR, BAD GIRLS, MIND GAMES, TROPHY, TOSH, ORIGINALS, GOLDBERGS, GLEE, RIZZOLI, PERCEPTION, KROLL, LIARS, COUGAR, FISHER, FIRE, CONTAINER, TEEN MOM, CAPONES & VOICE!! KING Finale!! Syfy’s MY BIG FAT GEEK WEDDING!! Lauren Cohan & Jeff Goldblum on CRAIG!! Rachel Maddow On SETH!! Ronald D. Moore On LAST CALL!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 119 total posts 1 post
- New Clip from CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER! -- 77 total posts 1 post
- Jason Sudeikis to star as the Laker lovin', disguise wearin' Irwin "Fletch" Fletcher in FLETCH WON! -- 73 total posts 1 post