I felt The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day’s cold breath on my throat. I must have fainted. I knew no more.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
I have a feeling I’m going to kick myself for using this one before October when I’ll want to horror the shit out of the BTS column, but screw it all. This is a cool shot of a classic Hollywood production that I like and I’m too lazy to go find something else.
In 1935, four years after Dracula, Tod Browning reteamed with Bela Lugosi to make another vampire film called Mark of the Vampire. I’ve actually never seen this, but I do have the box set it comes in and from the little I’ve read about it I think I may need to make it a priority even though the studio took away a lot of the more extreme elements of the story. But prime Lugosi as a vampire, Browning behind the camera and Lionel Barrymore in the cast? I’m in!
Thanks to William Forsche. Click to enlargen!
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at email@example.com.
You’ll be tempted by tomorrow’s pic.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 29, 2012, 2:11 a.m. CST
God I wish it were still a "dream factory" out there... Director and crew wearing suits and ties to shoots. Physically building wonderfully gothic worlds on the backlot and in the cool shade of the soundstages. Writers on the lot lined up in rows tapping out classics.
Sept. 29, 2012, 5:08 a.m. CST
...but heads up to, for Carol Borland, who was iconic in this role.
Sept. 29, 2012, 6:10 a.m. CST
It doesn't always work, but one gets the feeling that when it doesn't, and when things don't always make sense, that's more down to studio interference in the cut than anything else. But regardless, what we do get is certainly intersting, and the ending will definitely provoke a response, and give you something to talk about. Read nothing about it, just watch the film.
Sept. 29, 2012, 7:38 a.m. CST
by mick vance
has a copy of London After Midnight. that is the only thing left on my bucket list: to see it in its entirety. Lon Chaney must rise from his grave!
Sept. 29, 2012, 10:52 a.m. CST
the lost Lon Chaney film where he plays the man in the beaver hat. Here's hoping I get to see LAM before I die.....
Sept. 30, 2012, 1:07 a.m. CST
Sept. 30, 2012, 1:56 a.m. CST
...my favorite Burton film, I just think "heroin junkie" when I see Bela.
Sept. 30, 2012, 8:12 a.m. CST
...the Gene Wilder movie 'Haunted Honeymoon'? I remember watching a truly frightening Bela Lugosi movie once on TCM but it had a Haunted Honeymoon like twist at the end. Is this the movie?
Sept. 30, 2012, 1:13 p.m. CST
Sept. 30, 2012, 2:08 p.m. CST
Always love, Bella. Hollywood's first expendable asset.
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 207 total posts 66 posts
- Could These International TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Win Over A Skeptical 7(ish) Year Old?? -- 65 total posts 65 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 374 total posts 47 posts
- "I would never order an alcoholic beverage on the bridge..." Trailer for SPACE STATION 76 has its heart firmly in place and its tongue firmly in cheek! -- 88 total posts 39 posts
- Edgar Wright's Next Project Revealed! -- 139 total posts 31 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 186 total posts 28 posts
- Learn Which Movie Star Just Signed On To HBO’s Jonathan Nolan/Bad Robot Pilot WESTWORLD!! -- 25 total posts 25 posts
- New Trailer Promises the Creepiest HONEYMOON Ever! -- 41 total posts 23 posts
- A New & Full Length Trailer For Disney XD’s STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 71 total posts 19 posts
- JJ Abrams reveals a rusted out, beat up awesome looking X-Wing in new video! -- 558 total posts 18 posts