I felt The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day’s cold breath on my throat. I must have fainted. I knew no more.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
I have a feeling I’m going to kick myself for using this one before October when I’ll want to horror the shit out of the BTS column, but screw it all. This is a cool shot of a classic Hollywood production that I like and I’m too lazy to go find something else.
In 1935, four years after Dracula, Tod Browning reteamed with Bela Lugosi to make another vampire film called Mark of the Vampire. I’ve actually never seen this, but I do have the box set it comes in and from the little I’ve read about it I think I may need to make it a priority even though the studio took away a lot of the more extreme elements of the story. But prime Lugosi as a vampire, Browning behind the camera and Lionel Barrymore in the cast? I’m in!
Thanks to William Forsche. Click to enlargen!
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at email@example.com.
You’ll be tempted by tomorrow’s pic.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 29, 2012, 2:11 a.m. CST
God I wish it were still a "dream factory" out there... Director and crew wearing suits and ties to shoots. Physically building wonderfully gothic worlds on the backlot and in the cool shade of the soundstages. Writers on the lot lined up in rows tapping out classics.
Sept. 29, 2012, 5:08 a.m. CST
...but heads up to, for Carol Borland, who was iconic in this role.
Sept. 29, 2012, 6:10 a.m. CST
It doesn't always work, but one gets the feeling that when it doesn't, and when things don't always make sense, that's more down to studio interference in the cut than anything else. But regardless, what we do get is certainly intersting, and the ending will definitely provoke a response, and give you something to talk about. Read nothing about it, just watch the film.
Sept. 29, 2012, 7:38 a.m. CST
by mick vance
has a copy of London After Midnight. that is the only thing left on my bucket list: to see it in its entirety. Lon Chaney must rise from his grave!
Sept. 29, 2012, 10:52 a.m. CST
the lost Lon Chaney film where he plays the man in the beaver hat. Here's hoping I get to see LAM before I die.....
Sept. 30, 2012, 1:07 a.m. CST
Sept. 30, 2012, 1:56 a.m. CST
...my favorite Burton film, I just think "heroin junkie" when I see Bela.
Sept. 30, 2012, 8:12 a.m. CST
...the Gene Wilder movie 'Haunted Honeymoon'? I remember watching a truly frightening Bela Lugosi movie once on TCM but it had a Haunted Honeymoon like twist at the end. Is this the movie?
Sept. 30, 2012, 1:13 p.m. CST
Sept. 30, 2012, 2:08 p.m. CST
Always love, Bella. Hollywood's first expendable asset.
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 198 total posts 173 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 158 total posts 114 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 194 total posts 51 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 558 total posts 35 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 180 total posts 23 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 111 total posts 21 posts
- Check Out Thomas Haden Church in this Trailer for WHITEWASH! -- 66 total posts 10 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 356 total posts 9 posts
- REAL HISTORY OF SCIENCE FICTION Premiere!! The Return Of ORPHAN BLACK!! Hallmark’s A LESSON IN ROMANCE!! Lifetime’s A DAY LATE AND A DOLLAR SHORT!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 7 total posts 7 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 191 total posts 7 posts