I felt The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day’s cold breath on my throat. I must have fainted. I knew no more.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
I have a feeling I’m going to kick myself for using this one before October when I’ll want to horror the shit out of the BTS column, but screw it all. This is a cool shot of a classic Hollywood production that I like and I’m too lazy to go find something else.
In 1935, four years after Dracula, Tod Browning reteamed with Bela Lugosi to make another vampire film called Mark of the Vampire. I’ve actually never seen this, but I do have the box set it comes in and from the little I’ve read about it I think I may need to make it a priority even though the studio took away a lot of the more extreme elements of the story. But prime Lugosi as a vampire, Browning behind the camera and Lionel Barrymore in the cast? I’m in!
Thanks to William Forsche. Click to enlargen!
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You’ll be tempted by tomorrow’s pic.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 29, 2012, 2:11 a.m. CST
God I wish it were still a "dream factory" out there... Director and crew wearing suits and ties to shoots. Physically building wonderfully gothic worlds on the backlot and in the cool shade of the soundstages. Writers on the lot lined up in rows tapping out classics.
Sept. 29, 2012, 5:08 a.m. CST
...but heads up to, for Carol Borland, who was iconic in this role.
Sept. 29, 2012, 6:10 a.m. CST
It doesn't always work, but one gets the feeling that when it doesn't, and when things don't always make sense, that's more down to studio interference in the cut than anything else. But regardless, what we do get is certainly intersting, and the ending will definitely provoke a response, and give you something to talk about. Read nothing about it, just watch the film.
Sept. 29, 2012, 7:38 a.m. CST
by mick vance
has a copy of London After Midnight. that is the only thing left on my bucket list: to see it in its entirety. Lon Chaney must rise from his grave!
Sept. 29, 2012, 10:52 a.m. CST
the lost Lon Chaney film where he plays the man in the beaver hat. Here's hoping I get to see LAM before I die.....
Sept. 30, 2012, 1:07 a.m. CST
Sept. 30, 2012, 1:56 a.m. CST
...my favorite Burton film, I just think "heroin junkie" when I see Bela.
Sept. 30, 2012, 8:12 a.m. CST
...the Gene Wilder movie 'Haunted Honeymoon'? I remember watching a truly frightening Bela Lugosi movie once on TCM but it had a Haunted Honeymoon like twist at the end. Is this the movie?
Sept. 30, 2012, 1:13 p.m. CST
Sept. 30, 2012, 2:08 p.m. CST
Always love, Bella. Hollywood's first expendable asset.
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 420 total posts 83 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN Is Now Called... -- 46 total posts 46 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 168 total posts 38 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 66 total posts 37 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 44 total posts 36 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 42 total posts 33 posts
- Behold The Greatness Of IMAX's GODZILLA Poster!! -- 26 total posts 26 posts
- Mowgli to have friends like Scarlett Johansson and Lupita Nyong'o in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 61 total posts 25 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 31 total posts 24 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 43 total posts 21 posts