AICN EXCLUSIVE: Check out the first 10 minutes of the new film HEADSHOT premiering in New York tonight!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 28, 2012, 11:17 a.m. CST
Sept. 28, 2012, 11:31 a.m. CST
Here's my review: In this Thai thriller, an ex-cop becomes a hitman, gets shot in the head and survives, albeit with a strange condition that causes him to see things upside-down (I’ll wait while you look it up on Web-MD). This film pulls off the rare feat of being glacially slow and still almost impossible to follow, as the plot jumps back-and-forth in time as he tries to figure out who wronged him and why. Actually, “jumps” is the wrong word. It hobbles back-and-forth. And there are so few point-of-view shots (which are actually cool) it’s difficult to identify with what he’s going through. You know, the whole upside-down thing. At least I wasn’t alone in hating it. Let’s just say I’ve seen less walkouts during a labor strike.
Sept. 28, 2012, 11:37 a.m. CST
First and last time I can remember that happening. Can't remember what excuse they used.
Sept. 28, 2012, 12:43 p.m. CST
Way more noir-y than action-y, kinda like a bhuddist meditation on tough-guy tropes in a Kitano-esque fashion. Totally worth seeing (once you get Looper out of the way)
Sept. 28, 2012, 3:28 p.m. CST
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 59 total posts 59 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 106 total posts 29 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 277 total posts 21 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 512 total posts 15 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 35 total posts 12 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 22 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 333 total posts 4 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 11 total posts 3 posts