AICN HORROR: Check out the AICN Exclusive Trailer to Tibor Takacs’ return to horror…SPIDERS 3D!!!
Greetings, all. Ambush Bug here with an exclusive trailer premiere of SPIDERS 3D. Normally, I’d write something like this off as something I’d expect to go straight to Saturday afternoon ScyFy, but this film has something those films don’t have….Tibor Takacs at the helm! Yes, that’s right. The writer/director of such genre classics as THE GATE and I, MADMAN is back! I’m getting a fun EIGHT LEGGED FREAKS and PIRANHA 3D vibe to this one.
SPIDERS 3D won Best Directing and Best 3D film in the Los Angeles 3D Film Festival recently. Here’s the official synopsis; Following the crash of a derelict Soviet space station into a Manhattan subway tunnel, a new species of spider is discovered in the wreckage. When the spiders mutate to gigantic proportions, an MTA subway employee has to save his family and all of New York City from destruction. Directed by Tibor Takacs (The Gate, I, Madman), Spiders 3D stars Patrick Muldoon (Starship Troopers, Stigmata), Christa Campbell (Drive Angry, The Mechanic), William Hope (Aliens, Dark Shadows), Pete Lee Wilson (Blade II) Jon Mack (Saw VI) and Sydney Sweeney (The Ward).
Check out the exclusive trailer below to see the eight legged fun!
Find more AICN HORROR including an archive of previous columns on AICN HORROR’s Facebook page!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 27, 2012, 9:53 a.m. CST
Sept. 27, 2012, 9:56 a.m. CST
I wonder if he dies with a huge spider fang jammed through the top of his skull?
Sept. 27, 2012, 10:21 a.m. CST
Will the spider suck his brain out too? : ) That would be cool.
Sept. 27, 2012, 10:40 a.m. CST
Sept. 27, 2012, 11:01 a.m. CST
Sept. 27, 2012, 11:02 a.m. CST
Sept. 27, 2012, 11:04 a.m. CST
Sept. 27, 2012, 11:18 a.m. CST
Because EIGHT LEGGED FREAKS was fucking awesome!
Sept. 27, 2012, 11:31 a.m. CST
Which is (so far) the best Takacs and Muldoon giant spider collaboration. Takacs really ought to round up Stephen Dorff and Louis Tripp for another Gate movie. What does anyone have to lose?
Sept. 27, 2012, 11:38 a.m. CST
The movie should stand on its own merits rather than trying to be cool and rely on the 3D in the title to bring asses into the seats. Stupid!
Sept. 27, 2012, 11:51 a.m. CST
Sept. 27, 2012, 11:52 a.m. CST
....oh wait that's Bowie.....never mind
Sept. 27, 2012, 12:05 p.m. CST
Amazing what they can do with a Commodore 64 nowadays.
derlanghaarige: +1 Below-average trailer for what appears to be a predictable, uninteresting film. I'll stick with Eight-Legged Freaks.
Sept. 27, 2012, 12:45 p.m. CST
Looks like it was more likely directed by the video game makers who did the cut scenes in the RE1 and RE2 games...
Sept. 27, 2012, 2:27 p.m. CST
Sept. 27, 2012, 2:54 p.m. CST
No way I'll shell out to see it in theaters, but it looks good enough for a Netflix watch. Beer should help, too. Probably a step down from Mimic and 8 Legged Freaks. Oh and lest I forget: Hey Nordling- I'm one of your lazy Americans, you pretentious douche. Please feel free to look down your nose at me for enjoying simple entertainment. If it makes you feel better, you can take away my library card because I haven't read any Ayn Rand lately.
Sept. 27, 2012, 2:57 p.m. CST
Sept. 27, 2012, 4:56 p.m. CST
Spiders have been done already more than a few times. Let's have crabs ripping humes apart.
Sept. 27, 2012, 4:58 p.m. CST
Fucking great book and amusing in parts too.
Sept. 27, 2012, 6:54 p.m. CST
by Blarg Barfington
The Gate and I, Madman are both good movies, but this looks like a mouthful of diahrea.
Sept. 27, 2012, 7:19 p.m. CST
Of COURSE she is.
Sept. 28, 2012, 8:07 a.m. CST
Granted, some avoid this (like 8 Legged Freaks), but why is it whenever you have some spider film, they always use some SHIT HALLOWEEN STORE COTTON "SPIDER WEB". FFS, have some respect people. That shit does not look like spider webbing. It looks like you gutted a teddy bear and threw the results on the actor/actress.
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 237 total posts 123 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 245 total posts 90 posts
- Scream and Shout: Quint is inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy to revisit BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS (1980)! -- 163 total posts 85 posts
- New Poster for OPEN WINDOWS! -- 68 total posts 68 posts
- This Trailer For The New SHAUN THE SHEEP Movie Doesn’t Look Too Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!! -- 38 total posts 38 posts
- Co-Director Anthony Russo Is Teasing, What, Exactly, Regarding CAPTAIN AMERICA 3?? -- 231 total posts 34 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 134 total posts 32 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at EXTRATERRESTRIAL! SAVAGELAND! REVELATION TRAIL! THE POSESSION OF MICHAEL KING! THE LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE! SLOPPY THE PSYCHOTIC! MY FAIR ZOMBIE! THE FORBIDDEN GIRL! MOEBIUS! TWILIGHT ZONE 1985! SUFFER THE CHILDREN Book Review! & cast your vote for PRESIDENT WOLFMAN! -- 24 total posts 24 posts
-- 53 total posts 23 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 20 total posts 20 posts