AICN HORROR: Check out the AICN Exclusive Trailer to Tibor Takacs’ return to horror…SPIDERS 3D!!!
Greetings, all. Ambush Bug here with an exclusive trailer premiere of SPIDERS 3D. Normally, I’d write something like this off as something I’d expect to go straight to Saturday afternoon ScyFy, but this film has something those films don’t have….Tibor Takacs at the helm! Yes, that’s right. The writer/director of such genre classics as THE GATE and I, MADMAN is back! I’m getting a fun EIGHT LEGGED FREAKS and PIRANHA 3D vibe to this one.
SPIDERS 3D won Best Directing and Best 3D film in the Los Angeles 3D Film Festival recently. Here’s the official synopsis; Following the crash of a derelict Soviet space station into a Manhattan subway tunnel, a new species of spider is discovered in the wreckage. When the spiders mutate to gigantic proportions, an MTA subway employee has to save his family and all of New York City from destruction. Directed by Tibor Takacs (The Gate, I, Madman), Spiders 3D stars Patrick Muldoon (Starship Troopers, Stigmata), Christa Campbell (Drive Angry, The Mechanic), William Hope (Aliens, Dark Shadows), Pete Lee Wilson (Blade II) Jon Mack (Saw VI) and Sydney Sweeney (The Ward).
Check out the exclusive trailer below to see the eight legged fun!
Find more AICN HORROR including an archive of previous columns on AICN HORROR’s Facebook page!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 27, 2012, 9:53 a.m. CST
Sept. 27, 2012, 9:56 a.m. CST
I wonder if he dies with a huge spider fang jammed through the top of his skull?
Sept. 27, 2012, 10:21 a.m. CST
Will the spider suck his brain out too? : ) That would be cool.
Sept. 27, 2012, 10:40 a.m. CST
Sept. 27, 2012, 11:01 a.m. CST
Sept. 27, 2012, 11:02 a.m. CST
Sept. 27, 2012, 11:04 a.m. CST
Sept. 27, 2012, 11:18 a.m. CST
Because EIGHT LEGGED FREAKS was fucking awesome!
Sept. 27, 2012, 11:31 a.m. CST
Which is (so far) the best Takacs and Muldoon giant spider collaboration. Takacs really ought to round up Stephen Dorff and Louis Tripp for another Gate movie. What does anyone have to lose?
Sept. 27, 2012, 11:38 a.m. CST
The movie should stand on its own merits rather than trying to be cool and rely on the 3D in the title to bring asses into the seats. Stupid!
Sept. 27, 2012, 11:51 a.m. CST
Sept. 27, 2012, 11:52 a.m. CST
....oh wait that's Bowie.....never mind
Sept. 27, 2012, 12:05 p.m. CST
Amazing what they can do with a Commodore 64 nowadays.
derlanghaarige: +1 Below-average trailer for what appears to be a predictable, uninteresting film. I'll stick with Eight-Legged Freaks.
Sept. 27, 2012, 12:45 p.m. CST
Looks like it was more likely directed by the video game makers who did the cut scenes in the RE1 and RE2 games...
Sept. 27, 2012, 2:27 p.m. CST
Sept. 27, 2012, 2:54 p.m. CST
No way I'll shell out to see it in theaters, but it looks good enough for a Netflix watch. Beer should help, too. Probably a step down from Mimic and 8 Legged Freaks. Oh and lest I forget: Hey Nordling- I'm one of your lazy Americans, you pretentious douche. Please feel free to look down your nose at me for enjoying simple entertainment. If it makes you feel better, you can take away my library card because I haven't read any Ayn Rand lately.
Sept. 27, 2012, 2:57 p.m. CST
Sept. 27, 2012, 4:56 p.m. CST
Spiders have been done already more than a few times. Let's have crabs ripping humes apart.
Sept. 27, 2012, 4:58 p.m. CST
Fucking great book and amusing in parts too.
Sept. 27, 2012, 6:54 p.m. CST
by Blarg Barfington
The Gate and I, Madman are both good movies, but this looks like a mouthful of diahrea.
Sept. 27, 2012, 7:19 p.m. CST
Of COURSE she is.
Sept. 28, 2012, 8:07 a.m. CST
Granted, some avoid this (like 8 Legged Freaks), but why is it whenever you have some spider film, they always use some SHIT HALLOWEEN STORE COTTON "SPIDER WEB". FFS, have some respect people. That shit does not look like spider webbing. It looks like you gutted a teddy bear and threw the results on the actor/actress.
- Capone believes that FAST & FURIOUS 6 is the best in a bizarre, crowded franchise!!! -- 87 total posts 21 posts
- Beware Epileptics - we have a new motion poster for the upcoming remake of CARRIE! -- 81 total posts 21 posts
- Spoilery early review of MAN OF STEEL!! -- 432 total posts 14 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 212 total posts 12 posts
- Capone makes the case that THE HANGOVER PART III is neither a comedy nor a movie!!! -- 69 total posts 10 posts
- Harry dives into STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS' spoilers to reveal the truth behind the blockbuster we're seeing! -- 1480 total posts 9 posts
- New trailer for Casey Affleck and Rooney Mara's upcoming western, AIN'T THEM BODIES SAINTS!! -- 49 total posts 8 posts
- Tom Cruise Won’t Go Solo For MAN FROM UNCLE!! -- 120 total posts 7 posts
- John Ary's Video Review Of THE HANGOVER PART III!! -- 63 total posts 7 posts
- Who is set to acquire the troubled indie Western, JANE GOT A GUN!?! -- 42 total posts 6 posts