Learn What Hercules
Thinks Of The Next Two
Episodes Of WALKING DEAD!!
The next two episodes are a mammoth improvement over the last six.
Were new writers hired over the hiatus? Did AMC approve a bigger budget? Because suddenly all the dialogue telling us what we already know about everybody’s feelings is gone.
All the storytelling is moving a lot faster, there are some major plot turns in the next two episodes and there’s plenty of zombie mayhem.
(The series did put at least one new writer in its writers’ room. Episode two is credited to Nichole Beattie, a veteran of “John From Cincinnati,” “Prime Suspect” and “Sons of Anarchy.”)
I’m not permitted to get into the plot at this point, but I can tell you we’re getting an all-new title sequence from which Frank Darabont’s executive producer credit has been scrubbed away.
Here’s AMC’s synopses for 3.1 and 3.2:
Episode 301 – “SEED”
With the world growing increasingly more dangerous and Lori’s pregnancy advancing, Rick discovers a potentially safe haven. But first he must secure the premises, pushing his group to its limit.
Episode 302 – “SICK”
After a traumatic event, a life hangs in the balance. Complicating matters, the group must also deal with a potential threat to their new surroundings.
AMC released a load of photography last week which offer hints of what’s to come. (If you’re thinking Hershel’s facial hair suggests a passage of time between seasons two and three, you’re on the right track.)
And the "Avengers" homage:
Season three hits AMC Oct. 14.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 26, 2012, 6:59 p.m. CST
i can't wait
Sept. 26, 2012, 7 p.m. CST
hated the farm, but i'll give it another shot. We're Alive > Walking Dead tv show ^_^
Sept. 26, 2012, 7:01 p.m. CST
I can't either.
Sept. 26, 2012, 7:02 p.m. CST
Sept. 26, 2012, 7:05 p.m. CST
by Truxton Spangler
But how do the new cast members fare, Herc? That isn't covered by NDA, is it?
Sept. 26, 2012, 7:09 p.m. CST
I say Darryl is Hulk, Glenn is Iron Man, Rick is Cap, Maggie is Black Widow. The only one not up for argument is T-Dog = Hawkeye. Neither one gets any lines.
Sept. 26, 2012, 7:37 p.m. CST
no more screener episodes for you
Sept. 26, 2012, 8:02 p.m. CST
Sept. 26, 2012, 8:14 p.m. CST
I liked the old title sequence...hope they don't change the music
Sept. 26, 2012, 8:24 p.m. CST
Sept. 26, 2012, 8:25 p.m. CST
by Dick Jones
...and that mistake being last season was very drawn out and boring. I understand the need for character development, also that a show can't be nonstop zombies, but damn was is a slow season. Also AMC has a weird fetish for saying it's name in every ad. "AMC'S THE WALKING DEAD."
Sept. 26, 2012, 8:25 p.m. CST
Sept. 26, 2012, 9:52 p.m. CST
by Hardboiled Wonderland
Her work on SoA moved the show along at a cracking pace, exactly what The Talking Dead needs. But is it a season too late? S2 was fucking awful.
Sept. 26, 2012, 10:08 p.m. CST
by Mr. Nice Gaius
...stories about zombies are stupid. Therefore, I will never watch this show.
Sept. 26, 2012, 10:45 p.m. CST
Will it be 8 then another 8 in Feb or they going to have the other eight next year? It better be 8 killer episodes if the 8 is next year, I'm thinking Feb for the other. In another year Walking will be all that AMC has with Breaking Bad ending and Mad Men might be only another season. Everyone must have some serious PTSD living in a zombie world. The last 6 where slower but the last episode 13 was killer though, the zombie farm invasion was cool. I could watch a shitty Zombie show so I'm tuning in no matter what
Sept. 26, 2012, 10:51 p.m. CST
you are stupid to waste your time posting in a talkback about a zombie show when you will never watch the show. I am stupid for not ignoring you. If I don't like something I don't call it stupid to other people that do like it. What the hell is wrong with you to think zombies are stupid, what don't you get? We know it isn't realistic
Sept. 26, 2012, 11:58 p.m. CST
by Cletus Van Damme
I'm VERY tired it seems.
Sept. 27, 2012, 1:37 a.m. CST
The prison was like a stone's throw down the road and somehow, with this extended passage of time, they're only JUST finding it? Hope there's a good explanation for that or I'll have to call bullshit on the above claim.
Sept. 27, 2012, 5:33 a.m. CST
1. Phil Jackson is a cunt 2. This place isn't a dick suck for mediocre shows, it's a forum to express opinions about said mediocrity, really it's the only reason to come AICN any more 3. did I mention Phil Jackson is a cunt?
Sept. 27, 2012, 6:31 a.m. CST
Really bizarre, but I had the same feeling. Too much time at the computer perhaps?
Sept. 27, 2012, 11:24 a.m. CST
Sept. 27, 2012, 11:42 a.m. CST
let's hope they learned their lesson...My God, is Frank Darabont the only capable writer out there? I bet not, so let's see it...
Sept. 27, 2012, 11:43 a.m. CST
Sept. 27, 2012, 2:56 p.m. CST
That last six episodes of S2 are what saved the season from being complete shit. The majority of the first half was some of the most boring TV I've ever seen. At least in the second half they weren't looking for Sophia.
Sept. 27, 2012, 3:13 p.m. CST
Will they actually develop his character? Just wondering.
Sept. 28, 2012, 3:38 p.m. CST
Bitch bitch bitch mcbitch. I do not know why I even read talkbacks here. Early or late last season of Walking Dead wiped it's ass with most of what's on TV. FACT.
Sept. 29, 2012, 4:57 a.m. CST
It has it's problems and dumb-as-fuck moments (Lori's car crash, how they killed Dale) but its still enjoyable. I've never read the comics but from spoilers I've read on these boards and elsewhere it sounds just grim for the sake of it, I really like the show because the actors elevate the material. No matter how "boring" people might say season 2 was, it still had a few great moments sprinkled in. Sophia coming out the barn, the saloon scene, Shane killing Otis, the zombie attack on the barn, I could go on.
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Tomorrow's THE STRAIN, The Next HOMELAND, Fox’s GOTHAM, Showtime’s THE AFFAIR, ABC’s FOREVER, CBS’ SCORPION & MADAM SECRETARY, Scott Frank’s A WALK AMONG THE TOMBSTONES And The Latest MARVEL, DC & SNL News!! Plus The Return Of Horrorella!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 41 total posts 41 posts
- After writing Gareth Edwards' STAR WARS flick, Gary Whitta will move on to Mark Millar's STARLIGHT! -- 190 total posts 34 posts
- DOCTOR WHO S08E05 ‘Time Heist’ Reader Reaction Begins Now!! + HornOrSilk’s ‘Domain Of The Voord’ Big Finish Audio Review, Synopses For Upcoming S8 Eps, And More!! UPDATE RE: UPCOMING UK TIME CHANGE!! -- 167 total posts 30 posts
- The GODZILLA Sequel Has A Writer!! -- 219 total posts 26 posts
- Capone says Kevin Smith's wonderfully grotesque TUSK falters when it tries too hard to be funny!!! -- 67 total posts 26 posts
- Papa Vinyard talks with Rose McGowan about her first project as a director and the DAWN Film Festival she's curating this week in downtown Los Angeles! -- 36 total posts 25 posts
- CBS, The Only Network Without A Superhero Show, Just Ordered To Series Berlanti’s SUPERGIRL!! -- 68 total posts 22 posts
- Harry @ Fantastic Fest 2014: TUSK, REALITI, CUB, TALE OF PRINCESS KAGUYA, HIVE, MAN FROM RENO & FREE FALL! -- 15 total posts 14 posts
- Capone's Art-House Round-Up with THE DISAPPEARANCE OF ELEANOR RIGBY: THEM and Terry Gilliam's THE ZERO THEOREM!!! -- 26 total posts 12 posts
- The Additions of Sam Elliott and DEADWOOD’s Garret Dillahunt Suggest That The Final Season Of JUSTIFIED Will Own Us All!! -- 31 total posts 12 posts