The AFTERSHOCK US Premiere! Fantastic Fest 2012!
I haven't seen AFTERSHOCK and that gets rectified tonight. Eli Roth has been a great supporter of Harry and the site for a long time and attends BNAT when he can, so for him to come to Austin is more like a reunion of old friends than anything else. This time he brought director Nicolas Lopez and AFTERSHOCK with him to Fantastic Fest, and I'm very excited to see it. Here's Eli and Nicolas on the red carpet last night, looking happy and excited:
AFTERSHOCK opens next year - there is no release date scheduled yet, but I imagine that will change fairly soon.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 26, 2012, 10:47 a.m. CST
Sept. 26, 2012, 10:49 a.m. CST
Only AICN could still give Roth any publicity, Cabin Fever and the Hostel films were dreadful. His presence in Inglorious Basterds prevented me from watching for far too long, was surprisingly good in that, and a great film. So one plus at least. And, first?
Sept. 26, 2012, 11:05 a.m. CST
Sept. 26, 2012, 11:30 a.m. CST
I wanted to like it but it's really, really, really, bad. It makes I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell look like Little Miss Sunshine. Misogynistic, poorly acted, and just plain in poor taste. In particular a rape scene in this had me shaking with anger as it was senseless and served no device in the overall story. It was merely used to shock the audience into some sort of emotional response to a film that was devoid of all emotion. Avoid if you can.
Sept. 26, 2012, 11:40 a.m. CST
by Matt Szczerba
new eli roth movie obviously. what was up with the lone white guy in the chinese movie though. whole thing had good acting and was heartbreaking, but the lone white person in it couldn't act for shit.
Sept. 26, 2012, noon CST
by Judge Briggs
Thanks, I fucking loath rape scenes ... will def avoid this movie now.
Sept. 26, 2012, 12:47 p.m. CST
Absolutely one of my top ten favorite horror movies. Haven't liked anything else from him, though.
Sept. 26, 2012, 12:58 p.m. CST
by Judge Briggs
What killed that movie for me was the big wooden box that just HAPPENED to be at a train stop. Puhhleeeasseee ... I expected Snake from Medal Gear Solid to be hiding underneath it.
- 3rd Official X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST trailer hits - and it is a big one!!! -- 391 total posts 381 posts
- Stallone Talks EXPENDABLES Casting Approach!! Nicholson!?!? -- 119 total posts 119 posts
- ‘A Gift From The Clairvoyant!!’ Patton Oswalt Joins Joss Whedon’s AGENTS OF SHIELD!! Seinfeld On PIONEERS OF TELEVISION!! The Returns Of NEW GIRL, AWKWARD & WIFE SWAP!! The Premiere Of FARGO!! Plus New BOY, STORAGE, SCHUMER, PERSON, TOSH, NCIS, GLEE, FIRE, CONTAINER, MINDY, DUSK, ORIGINALS, SUPERNATURAL & VOICE!! TEEN MOM Finale Special!! DANCE MOMS 100!! HARDCORE PAWN Finale!! Nathan Fillion & Tatiana Maslany on CONAN!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 180 total posts 74 posts
- Re-Revised X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Casting Re-Adds A Mutant!! -- 58 total posts 58 posts
- The Composer For That BATMAN / SUPERMAN Movie Is… -- 273 total posts 51 posts
- Matthew Vaughn to get SUPERIOR to stay in the Mark Millar business for Fox! -- 63 total posts 47 posts
- Some Wicked Cool Stills For The Upcoming BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT Game!! -- 47 total posts 47 posts
- Everyone thinks Elizabeth Banks is a hooker in this red-band WALK OF SHAME trailer! -- 71 total posts 45 posts
- Jaden Smith will dress like a girl to avoid slavery in THE GOOD LORD BIRD! -- 92 total posts 40 posts
- THE SIGNAL and V/H/S co-director David Bruckner to direct the found footage FRIDAY THE 13TH reboot?! -- 92 total posts 33 posts