The AFTERSHOCK US Premiere! Fantastic Fest 2012!
I haven't seen AFTERSHOCK and that gets rectified tonight. Eli Roth has been a great supporter of Harry and the site for a long time and attends BNAT when he can, so for him to come to Austin is more like a reunion of old friends than anything else. This time he brought director Nicolas Lopez and AFTERSHOCK with him to Fantastic Fest, and I'm very excited to see it. Here's Eli and Nicolas on the red carpet last night, looking happy and excited:
AFTERSHOCK opens next year - there is no release date scheduled yet, but I imagine that will change fairly soon.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 26, 2012, 10:47 a.m. CST
Sept. 26, 2012, 10:49 a.m. CST
Only AICN could still give Roth any publicity, Cabin Fever and the Hostel films were dreadful. His presence in Inglorious Basterds prevented me from watching for far too long, was surprisingly good in that, and a great film. So one plus at least. And, first?
Sept. 26, 2012, 11:05 a.m. CST
Sept. 26, 2012, 11:30 a.m. CST
I wanted to like it but it's really, really, really, bad. It makes I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell look like Little Miss Sunshine. Misogynistic, poorly acted, and just plain in poor taste. In particular a rape scene in this had me shaking with anger as it was senseless and served no device in the overall story. It was merely used to shock the audience into some sort of emotional response to a film that was devoid of all emotion. Avoid if you can.
Sept. 26, 2012, 11:40 a.m. CST
by Matt Szczerba
new eli roth movie obviously. what was up with the lone white guy in the chinese movie though. whole thing had good acting and was heartbreaking, but the lone white person in it couldn't act for shit.
Sept. 26, 2012, noon CST
by Judge Briggs
Thanks, I fucking loath rape scenes ... will def avoid this movie now.
Sept. 26, 2012, 12:47 p.m. CST
Absolutely one of my top ten favorite horror movies. Haven't liked anything else from him, though.
Sept. 26, 2012, 12:58 p.m. CST
by Judge Briggs
What killed that movie for me was the big wooden box that just HAPPENED to be at a train stop. Puhhleeeasseee ... I expected Snake from Medal Gear Solid to be hiding underneath it.
- Check out this MASSIVE new HOBBIT: BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES banner!! -- 196 total posts 41 posts
- Hold off, Aaron Cross: Matt Damon's back as Jason Bourne! -- 153 total posts 39 posts
- SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE Hires 20-Year-Old Cast Member!! -- 56 total posts 25 posts
- Here come a remake that will really make you feel old - Sony is fast tracking a remake to I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER! -- 107 total posts 23 posts
- Copernicus is really pissed about the Stephen Hawking biopic THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING that he saw at TIFF -- 130 total posts 20 posts
- Scott Glenn Joins Charlie Cox, Vincent D’Onofrio, Rosario Dawson, Elden Henson and Deborah Ann Woll For Netflix’s DAREDEVIL Series!! -- 59 total posts 16 posts
- Looks like they got the right Mann to play Audrey Griswald in the VACATION update! -- 97 total posts 15 posts
- The New Trailer For THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY PART 1 Hints That The Movie Is Freakin’ Huge!! -- 266 total posts 13 posts
- New Poster for V/H/S: VIRAL!!! -- 27 total posts 10 posts
- Adam Wingard and Simon Barrett to take on I SAW THE DEVIL REMAKE!!!!!!!! -- 51 total posts 7 posts