The AFTERSHOCK US Premiere! Fantastic Fest 2012!
I haven't seen AFTERSHOCK and that gets rectified tonight. Eli Roth has been a great supporter of Harry and the site for a long time and attends BNAT when he can, so for him to come to Austin is more like a reunion of old friends than anything else. This time he brought director Nicolas Lopez and AFTERSHOCK with him to Fantastic Fest, and I'm very excited to see it. Here's Eli and Nicolas on the red carpet last night, looking happy and excited:
AFTERSHOCK opens next year - there is no release date scheduled yet, but I imagine that will change fairly soon.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 26, 2012, 10:47 a.m. CST
Sept. 26, 2012, 10:49 a.m. CST
Only AICN could still give Roth any publicity, Cabin Fever and the Hostel films were dreadful. His presence in Inglorious Basterds prevented me from watching for far too long, was surprisingly good in that, and a great film. So one plus at least. And, first?
Sept. 26, 2012, 11:05 a.m. CST
Sept. 26, 2012, 11:30 a.m. CST
I wanted to like it but it's really, really, really, bad. It makes I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell look like Little Miss Sunshine. Misogynistic, poorly acted, and just plain in poor taste. In particular a rape scene in this had me shaking with anger as it was senseless and served no device in the overall story. It was merely used to shock the audience into some sort of emotional response to a film that was devoid of all emotion. Avoid if you can.
Sept. 26, 2012, 11:40 a.m. CST
by Matt Szczerba
new eli roth movie obviously. what was up with the lone white guy in the chinese movie though. whole thing had good acting and was heartbreaking, but the lone white person in it couldn't act for shit.
Sept. 26, 2012, noon CST
by Judge Briggs
Thanks, I fucking loath rape scenes ... will def avoid this movie now.
Sept. 26, 2012, 12:47 p.m. CST
Absolutely one of my top ten favorite horror movies. Haven't liked anything else from him, though.
Sept. 26, 2012, 12:58 p.m. CST
by Judge Briggs
What killed that movie for me was the big wooden box that just HAPPENED to be at a train stop. Puhhleeeasseee ... I expected Snake from Medal Gear Solid to be hiding underneath it.
- Is this our first look at The Thing from Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR reboot!?! -- 33 total posts 18 posts
- "The walrus is far more evolved than any man I've ever known...present company included." Trailer for Kevin Smith's TUSK has arrived! -- 19 total posts 10 posts
- UPDATED! Has Marvel's DOCTOR STRANGE Casting Search Gone To Phoenix? -- 242 total posts 4 posts
- ‘In Here You’re Not The Greater Good!!’ The New 3-Minute Trailer For THE WALKING DEAD: Season Five!! -- 16 total posts 3 posts
- Footage of discarded concept art, interviews with Tim Burton and Kevin Smith, and Nicolas Cage in flight in this trailer for THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES! -- 99 total posts 3 posts
- SDCC '14: James Gunn to write and direct the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY sequel!! -- 54 total posts 2 posts
- The Guy Who Directed CAPTAIN AMERICA And The Guys Who Directed CAPTAIN AMERICA II Are Directing Episodes Of Marvel’s New ABC Series AGENT CARTER!! -- 16 total posts 2 posts
- Patrick Wilson drops out of ANT-MAN!! -- 90 total posts 2 posts
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 370 total posts 1 post
- COMIC-CON BOMBSHELL! (Okay, not really) Who does WB want to write JUSTICE LEAGUE!?! -- 39 total posts 1 post