The AFTERSHOCK US Premiere! Fantastic Fest 2012!
I haven't seen AFTERSHOCK and that gets rectified tonight. Eli Roth has been a great supporter of Harry and the site for a long time and attends BNAT when he can, so for him to come to Austin is more like a reunion of old friends than anything else. This time he brought director Nicolas Lopez and AFTERSHOCK with him to Fantastic Fest, and I'm very excited to see it. Here's Eli and Nicolas on the red carpet last night, looking happy and excited:
AFTERSHOCK opens next year - there is no release date scheduled yet, but I imagine that will change fairly soon.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 26, 2012, 10:47 a.m. CST
Sept. 26, 2012, 10:49 a.m. CST
Only AICN could still give Roth any publicity, Cabin Fever and the Hostel films were dreadful. His presence in Inglorious Basterds prevented me from watching for far too long, was surprisingly good in that, and a great film. So one plus at least. And, first?
Sept. 26, 2012, 11:05 a.m. CST
Sept. 26, 2012, 11:30 a.m. CST
I wanted to like it but it's really, really, really, bad. It makes I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell look like Little Miss Sunshine. Misogynistic, poorly acted, and just plain in poor taste. In particular a rape scene in this had me shaking with anger as it was senseless and served no device in the overall story. It was merely used to shock the audience into some sort of emotional response to a film that was devoid of all emotion. Avoid if you can.
Sept. 26, 2012, 11:40 a.m. CST
by Matt Szczerba
new eli roth movie obviously. what was up with the lone white guy in the chinese movie though. whole thing had good acting and was heartbreaking, but the lone white person in it couldn't act for shit.
Sept. 26, 2012, noon CST
by Judge Briggs
Thanks, I fucking loath rape scenes ... will def avoid this movie now.
Sept. 26, 2012, 12:47 p.m. CST
Absolutely one of my top ten favorite horror movies. Haven't liked anything else from him, though.
Sept. 26, 2012, 12:58 p.m. CST
by Judge Briggs
What killed that movie for me was the big wooden box that just HAPPENED to be at a train stop. Puhhleeeasseee ... I expected Snake from Medal Gear Solid to be hiding underneath it.
- THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Trailer Has Arrived! -- 441 total posts 51 posts
- KILL BILL: THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR to get a limited theatrical release in 2015?! -- 146 total posts 42 posts
- Who has been offered the directing gig on Legendary's SKULL ISLAND!?! -- 63 total posts 39 posts
- Eva Green in Talks for Tim Burton's MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN! -- 85 total posts 21 posts
- George R.R. Martin Scales Back HBO Activity To Focus On Completing WINDS OF WINTER!! -- 62 total posts 16 posts
- A New Tease For DOCTOR WHO Season / Series 8!! -- 116 total posts 10 posts
- Watch Quickly!! Some Test Footage From Tim Miller And Ryan Reynolds’ DEADPOOL Movie!! -- 155 total posts 10 posts
- A Nifty Video Tour Of The Warner Bros Museum Commemorates BATMAN’s 75th Anniversary!! -- 87 total posts 10 posts
- At Long Last, Our First Trailer For MAD MAX: FURY ROAD!! Official Vid Of Comic-Con Reel!! -- 625 total posts 9 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 610 total posts 8 posts