The AFTERSHOCK US Premiere! Fantastic Fest 2012!
I haven't seen AFTERSHOCK and that gets rectified tonight. Eli Roth has been a great supporter of Harry and the site for a long time and attends BNAT when he can, so for him to come to Austin is more like a reunion of old friends than anything else. This time he brought director Nicolas Lopez and AFTERSHOCK with him to Fantastic Fest, and I'm very excited to see it. Here's Eli and Nicolas on the red carpet last night, looking happy and excited:
AFTERSHOCK opens next year - there is no release date scheduled yet, but I imagine that will change fairly soon.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 26, 2012, 10:47 a.m. CST
Sept. 26, 2012, 10:49 a.m. CST
Only AICN could still give Roth any publicity, Cabin Fever and the Hostel films were dreadful. His presence in Inglorious Basterds prevented me from watching for far too long, was surprisingly good in that, and a great film. So one plus at least. And, first?
Sept. 26, 2012, 11:05 a.m. CST
Sept. 26, 2012, 11:30 a.m. CST
I wanted to like it but it's really, really, really, bad. It makes I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell look like Little Miss Sunshine. Misogynistic, poorly acted, and just plain in poor taste. In particular a rape scene in this had me shaking with anger as it was senseless and served no device in the overall story. It was merely used to shock the audience into some sort of emotional response to a film that was devoid of all emotion. Avoid if you can.
Sept. 26, 2012, 11:40 a.m. CST
by Matt Szczerba
new eli roth movie obviously. what was up with the lone white guy in the chinese movie though. whole thing had good acting and was heartbreaking, but the lone white person in it couldn't act for shit.
Sept. 26, 2012, noon CST
by Judge Briggs
Thanks, I fucking loath rape scenes ... will def avoid this movie now.
Sept. 26, 2012, 12:47 p.m. CST
Absolutely one of my top ten favorite horror movies. Haven't liked anything else from him, though.
Sept. 26, 2012, 12:58 p.m. CST
by Judge Briggs
What killed that movie for me was the big wooden box that just HAPPENED to be at a train stop. Puhhleeeasseee ... I expected Snake from Medal Gear Solid to be hiding underneath it.
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 170 total posts 170 posts
- Nordling Reviews THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL! -- 81 total posts 79 posts
- Learn What Happens Next On HBO’s GAME OF THRONES!! -- 71 total posts 71 posts
- Idris Elba to voice a great, big, bloody Bengal tiger by the name of Shere Khan in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 84 total posts 58 posts
- Sam Raimi to produce an adaptation of THE LAST OF US!!! -- 150 total posts 46 posts
- Jeremy Returns With More Tales From The CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER Set! -- 71 total posts 45 posts
- "Just another Saturday night" Marv and company are back in the first trailer for SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR!! -- 185 total posts 43 posts
- From The Director Of GRAVITY!! The First Two Minutes Of NBC And Bad Robot’s BELIEVE!! -- 41 total posts 41 posts
- Eric Bana Wants to DELIVER US FROM EVIL in this New Trailer! -- 38 total posts 38 posts
- A newly remastered 4K print of THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE is coming just in time for its 40th anniversary!! -- 61 total posts 36 posts