Nordling And John Ary Dive Into LOOPER! Fantastic Fest 2012!
My review for LOOPER is coming - I'm good and well fucked on my reviews at Fantastic Fest. Time, like in the movie itself, seems to run strange here. I can't believe it's almost over. Anyway, John Ary and I wanted to talk about what we thought of the movie and our reactions to it. LOOPER is pretty much everything I wanted it to be and more; I'm still taken a little aback at just how good the characters are and how emotional the movie got for me. Here's Johnny! (And Nordling!)
LOOPER opens this Friday.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 26, 2012, 9:58 a.m. CST
Ahh man, I just got have a wank now.
Sept. 26, 2012, 10:06 a.m. CST
SPOILER..... by mentioning that the kid is really important... SPOILER Seems to me that bad guy Dillahunt is the little boy grown up. His mom (Emily Blunt) has telekinesis, and Dillahunt can levitate entire rooms. Like going back and killing Hitler as a baby... Dark stuff if that's the case. I like it, I just hope it's not ruined for me.
Sept. 26, 2012, 10:07 a.m. CST
...should be plainly obvious. A comic on the subject: http://www.cinemabums.com/?p=527
Sept. 26, 2012, 12:58 p.m. CST
This is the first movie he's given a four-star rating to in 2012. On average, he gives out about one per year.
Sept. 26, 2012, 2:22 p.m. CST
Or at least in the future settings.
Sept. 26, 2012, 2:55 p.m. CST
I was lucky enough to see this a couple of days ago, some walked out as the found it's start confusing, it's been likened to The Matrix in some reviews, but for me it's more complex and is more like Inception. Here's a link to my review if anyone's interested: http://wp.me/p1LZxf-PB
Sept. 26, 2012, 3:43 p.m. CST
Sept. 26, 2012, 4:19 p.m. CST
Of course, I'm a complete sucker for well-thought-out time travel conundrums- Source Code, Timecrimes, Primer and the like- but it's Rian Johnson that will have me in the theater. Brick and The Brothers Bloom were pretty tasty flicks IMO.
Sept. 27, 2012, 3:14 a.m. CST
I saw Looper at an advanced screening in Stockholm 2 days ago. I was dissapointed which is partly the trailer for the movie's fault that made it look like a new action packed Minority Report style movie. The problems with the movie itself are, trailer aside, still numerous. The pacing is way to slow and the action sequences with Bruce Willis almost seam like a parody of his earlier action movies. The tone is also all over the place where the movie sometimes takes itself very seriously and at other times tries to be inappropriately lighthearted (The Kid Blue character is just so out of place). I also found the whole Rainmaker and characters with TK abilities to be very unnecessary addition to the story. It is almost as if they weren't sure that time travel and all the associated paradoxes where enough to entertain so they also through in a physic powers angle. It's a shame because at the core of this movie there are a lot of great ideas but I judge movies by their execution and by their intentions. That is why I will re-watch 12 Monkeys several times but not this one.
Sept. 27, 2012, 4:18 a.m. CST
by Richard L. Rhodes
Wasnt expecting that after the trailer......Really hope this is as good as everybody says...This could be the surprise of the year
Sept. 27, 2012, 7:53 a.m. CST
that it doesn't make sense why the retired hit-men can only be killed by themselves. It's a plot conceit that is made worse by the fact that a looper i
Sept. 27, 2012, 7:59 a.m. CST
that it doesn't make sense why the retired hit-men can only be killed by themselves. It's a plot hole that is made worse by the fact that an aged looper is killed in the film by a hit-man that was not the young looper. Furthermore, the ending was not believable. As if a selfish serial killer is going to take the action that was taken. It is out of character. It seems to be an attempt at a twist that noone would expect, but it fails. (apologies for earlier post. AICN needs to allow post editing)
Sept. 27, 2012, 2:40 p.m. CST
disappointing for me. the tk wasn't needed, the story should have just explored the assassin aspect.
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 420 total posts 83 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN Is Now Called... -- 46 total posts 46 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 168 total posts 38 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 66 total posts 37 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 44 total posts 36 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 42 total posts 33 posts
- Behold The Greatness Of IMAX's GODZILLA Poster!! -- 26 total posts 26 posts
- Mowgli to have friends like Scarlett Johansson and Lupita Nyong'o in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 61 total posts 25 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 31 total posts 24 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 43 total posts 21 posts