Nordling And John Ary Dive Into LOOPER! Fantastic Fest 2012!
My review for LOOPER is coming - I'm good and well fucked on my reviews at Fantastic Fest. Time, like in the movie itself, seems to run strange here. I can't believe it's almost over. Anyway, John Ary and I wanted to talk about what we thought of the movie and our reactions to it. LOOPER is pretty much everything I wanted it to be and more; I'm still taken a little aback at just how good the characters are and how emotional the movie got for me. Here's Johnny! (And Nordling!)
LOOPER opens this Friday.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 26, 2012, 9:58 a.m. CST
Ahh man, I just got have a wank now.
Sept. 26, 2012, 10:06 a.m. CST
SPOILER..... by mentioning that the kid is really important... SPOILER Seems to me that bad guy Dillahunt is the little boy grown up. His mom (Emily Blunt) has telekinesis, and Dillahunt can levitate entire rooms. Like going back and killing Hitler as a baby... Dark stuff if that's the case. I like it, I just hope it's not ruined for me.
Sept. 26, 2012, 10:07 a.m. CST
...should be plainly obvious. A comic on the subject: http://www.cinemabums.com/?p=527
Sept. 26, 2012, 12:58 p.m. CST
This is the first movie he's given a four-star rating to in 2012. On average, he gives out about one per year.
Sept. 26, 2012, 2:22 p.m. CST
Or at least in the future settings.
Sept. 26, 2012, 2:55 p.m. CST
I was lucky enough to see this a couple of days ago, some walked out as the found it's start confusing, it's been likened to The Matrix in some reviews, but for me it's more complex and is more like Inception. Here's a link to my review if anyone's interested: http://wp.me/p1LZxf-PB
Sept. 26, 2012, 3:43 p.m. CST
Sept. 26, 2012, 4:19 p.m. CST
Of course, I'm a complete sucker for well-thought-out time travel conundrums- Source Code, Timecrimes, Primer and the like- but it's Rian Johnson that will have me in the theater. Brick and The Brothers Bloom were pretty tasty flicks IMO.
Sept. 27, 2012, 3:14 a.m. CST
I saw Looper at an advanced screening in Stockholm 2 days ago. I was dissapointed which is partly the trailer for the movie's fault that made it look like a new action packed Minority Report style movie. The problems with the movie itself are, trailer aside, still numerous. The pacing is way to slow and the action sequences with Bruce Willis almost seam like a parody of his earlier action movies. The tone is also all over the place where the movie sometimes takes itself very seriously and at other times tries to be inappropriately lighthearted (The Kid Blue character is just so out of place). I also found the whole Rainmaker and characters with TK abilities to be very unnecessary addition to the story. It is almost as if they weren't sure that time travel and all the associated paradoxes where enough to entertain so they also through in a physic powers angle. It's a shame because at the core of this movie there are a lot of great ideas but I judge movies by their execution and by their intentions. That is why I will re-watch 12 Monkeys several times but not this one.
Sept. 27, 2012, 4:18 a.m. CST
by Richard L. Rhodes
Wasnt expecting that after the trailer......Really hope this is as good as everybody says...This could be the surprise of the year
Sept. 27, 2012, 7:53 a.m. CST
that it doesn't make sense why the retired hit-men can only be killed by themselves. It's a plot conceit that is made worse by the fact that a looper i
Sept. 27, 2012, 7:59 a.m. CST
that it doesn't make sense why the retired hit-men can only be killed by themselves. It's a plot hole that is made worse by the fact that an aged looper is killed in the film by a hit-man that was not the young looper. Furthermore, the ending was not believable. As if a selfish serial killer is going to take the action that was taken. It is out of character. It seems to be an attempt at a twist that noone would expect, but it fails. (apologies for earlier post. AICN needs to allow post editing)
Sept. 27, 2012, 2:40 p.m. CST
disappointing for me. the tk wasn't needed, the story should have just explored the assassin aspect.
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 280 total posts 255 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 219 total posts 175 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 109 total posts 109 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 233 total posts 90 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 566 total posts 43 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 189 total posts 32 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 115 total posts 25 posts
- REAL HISTORY OF SCIENCE FICTION Premiere!! The Return Of ORPHAN BLACK!! Hallmark’s A LESSON IN ROMANCE!! Lifetime’s A DAY LATE AND A DOLLAR SHORT!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 14 total posts 14 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 357 total posts 10 posts
- Check Out Thomas Haden Church in this Trailer for WHITEWASH! -- 66 total posts 10 posts