UK Readers!! Britgeek Wants To Give You A Blu-ray Copy Of RESIDENT EVIL: DAMNATION!!
Following the fourth instalment in the live-action film franchise (Paul W.S. Anderson's RESIDENT EVIL: RETRIBUTION) and with a new video game about to be released, CAPCOM's survival horror staple returns to the screen for the second time this year in all-new original CG motion picture RESIDENT EVIL: DAMNATION, a follow-up to 2008's RESIDENT EVIL: DEGENERATION.
Characters Leon S. Kennedy and Ada Wong are back and the film appears to follow the gore and chaos brought about by the Las Plagas virus that first appeared in the excellent RESIDENT EVIL 4 game a number of years ago.
It's no secret that the film will look best on Blu-ray in all its CG glory, so we thought we'd team up with Sony Pictures Home Entertainment to give a few copies away.
The terrifying next chapter in the smash hit RESIDENT EVIL saga and based on CAPCOM®'s multi-million dollar video game series, RESIDENT EVIL: DAMNATION is available on Blu-ray and DVD now from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, and is packed with the kind of eye-popping visuals and thrilling suspense fans have come to expect.
In this action-packed instalment directed by Makoto Kamiya (RESIDENT EVIL: DEGENERATION), United States special agent Leon S. Kennedy (voiced by Matthew Mercer) sneaks into a small Eastern European country to verify rumours that Bio Organic Weapons (B.O.W.s) are being used in war. Right after his infiltration, the US government orders him to leave immediately. Determined to uncover the truth, Leon ignores the order and enters the battlefield to end the chain of tragedies caused by the B.O.W.s.
The Blu-ray and DVD come equipped with UltraViolet™ and a host of killer bonus features, including the Las Plagas: Organisms of War featurette, voice bloopers and a making-of featurette, “The DNA of Damnation.” As an added bonus to fans, the Blu-ray release also features an exclusive Conceptual Art Gallery , showcasing designs of the movie's unique locations and terrifying monsters.
Please note that this contest is open exclusively to residents of the United Kingdom.
© 2012 Capcom Co., Ltd. and Resident Evil CG2 Film Partners. All Rights Reserved.
To mark the release of RESIDENT EVIL: DAMNATION, available now on Blu-ray and DVD, we're giving away three (3) copies of the movie on Blu-ray. To be in with a chance of winning, just answer the following question correctly:
Who stars in the live-action RESIDENT EVIL franchise?
A) Kate Beckinsale
B) Milla Jovovich
C) Angelina Jolie
D) Sigourney Weaver
To enter, all you need to do is send me an email with the subject line “I WANT TO BE INFECTED” and include your full name, location and answer.
For a bonus entry, tell me your answer via Twitter.
Winners will be selected at random and notified shortly after the competition closes at midnight on Wednesday, October 3.
Best of luck!
Follow me on Twitter!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 24, 2012, 8:39 a.m. CST
by mighty boosh
...the fifth instalment in the movie franchise. Although they're all fading into a blur for me now
Sept. 24, 2012, 8:55 a.m. CST
lucky bastards, RE: Degeneration was more intense than that drivel released in theaters. Im tired of Mila Jovovich getting an excuse to show her pale, flat ass.
Sept. 24, 2012, 9:55 a.m. CST
Degeneration wasn't bad.. certainly better than the live-action movies. Milla Jovovich has a nice ass for a waify type, not meaty but I wouldn't call it flat.
Sept. 24, 2012, 9:55 a.m. CST
The Degeneration blu-ray looks like crap because I'm pretty sure the damn thing was only rendered at 720p.
Sept. 24, 2012, 11 a.m. CST
by Col. Tigh-Fighter
I liked the first CG one. It follows the games well.
Sept. 24, 2012, 12:30 p.m. CST
Plays out like one long cutscene, and if you've played the games you already know the quality of the scripted dialogue. Also, lots of old school "in yer face" 3D, which made me smile even though I watched it in 2D. All said, some decent set pieces and frequently stunning animation done a grave disservice by lame ass voice acting and terrible dialogue. Par for the course. :)
Sept. 24, 2012, 10:09 p.m. CST
by Captain Mal
... that grown-ups watch this stuff. At what point did everyone decide that quality was a luxury rather than a requirement? As genre fans, we must demand better.
- Sony has hired a writer for BAD BOYS 3, plus updates on the MEN IN BLACK and GHOSTBUSTERS franchises!! -- 100 total posts 20 posts
- Trailer for LEGENDS OF OZ: DOROTHY'S RETURN! -- 84 total posts 10 posts
- Ohmygod Ohmygod, you guys! The Godzilla trailer! -- 566 total posts 9 posts
- Jason Momoa to potentially play Doomsday in the upcoming BATMAN/SUPERMAN film!?!? -- 541 total posts 7 posts
- WORLD WAR Z 2 is a go and Paramount has found a director to helm the sequel. -- 77 total posts 6 posts
- ‘That Seat Is Taken!!’ The Return Of AGENTS OF SHIELD!! ANARCHY, MOONSHINERS & INCOME Finales!! Galactic Pioneers On FUTURESCAPE!! New TROPHY, AWKWARD, STORAGE, NCIS, LOSER, VOICE, FIRE, TOSH!! Tom Hanks On KIMMEL!! Michelle Dockery On FALLON!! Lizzy Caplan On CHELSEA!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 46 total posts 5 posts
- A sequel to JACK REACHER is on the way! -- 197 total posts 4 posts
- The Trailer For The Wachowskis' JUPITER ASCENDING! -- 312 total posts 2 posts
- And The Apparent Title Of The Next TERMINATOR Movie Is... -- 397 total posts 2 posts
- Ben Whishaw to Play Freddie Mercury! Dexter Fletcher on Board to Direct! -- 89 total posts 1 post