Annette Kellerman From Fantastic Fest 2012: HOLY MOTORS!!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 23, 2012, 10:07 a.m. CST
The film recently cam out here in Australia and I went on a whim. It certainly sticks with you. While I agree that there's not real narrative I think that's missing the point of the film which was more about he art of acting and the relationship of the performance to the viewers and how they respond. In that sense, as a surreal abstracted piece of art, I didn't need a narrative from it, I thought it made some interesting points to think about from the very nature of film itself, which has been enough to tide me over. Although I'm a stickler for narrative too...
Sept. 23, 2012, 10:23 a.m. CST
sounds interesting to me
Sept. 23, 2012, 11:51 a.m. CST
you know, the director of HOLY MOTORS. If you haven't seen Les Amants du Pont-Neuf or Boy Meets Girls you can't call yourself a cinema fan.
Sept. 23, 2012, 11:58 a.m. CST
Yep, you're right. I should've mentioned Carax. To bad he only makes a film every decade or so.
Sept. 23, 2012, 12:18 p.m. CST
Well, he directed a segment in the excellent anthology film TOKYO!, which HOLY MOTORS has a strong connection to.
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 502 total posts 5 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 82 total posts 5 posts
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 3 total posts 3 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 25 total posts 2 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 19 total posts 1 post