'Son Of A Gun Ninja'd Me!!'
Joseph Gordon-Levitt Returns
To SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE!!
In two weeks: Daniel Craig and Muse.
My favorite sketch from last week’s season opener:
My favorite sketch from Thursday’s SNL primetime:
From SNL’s olden days:
11:30 p.m. Saturday. NBC,
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 22, 2012, 3:01 a.m. CST
loved him on 3rd rock
Sept. 22, 2012, 4:25 a.m. CST
...so I can watch a commercial?
Sept. 22, 2012, 7:36 a.m. CST
The talent has walked away to do other things. The tub of lard from good burger has yet to be funny his entire time on snl! The "new" cast members suck so far! The writters need to be replaced with people who can write. kind of sad!!!
Sept. 22, 2012, 7:47 a.m. CST
Uhhhh I like that PO-tato chip sketch too
Sept. 22, 2012, 8:45 a.m. CST
by maxwell's hammer
...the world needs you.
Sept. 22, 2012, 9:13 a.m. CST
by Toe Jam
Definitely the best in a long while. And I say that as someone who is not the biggest fan of most of Seth Macfarlane's work. Dude is pretty gifted as a performer and comedian, though. I especially liked the Ryan Lochte bit. Regardless of what many people think, "Saturday Night Live" will always be good, if only because it's one of the few providers of decent topical humor. Yeah, the character and traditional comedy bits are rather hit-or-miss, but the political and pop culture bits are almost always dead-on. Only "The Daily Show," "The Colbert Report" and "The Onion" -- and, to a certain extent, "South Park" -- give us better topical humor on a regular basis. So the haters can suck it. As long as politicians and famous people keep doing stupid shit, "SNL" will be around.
Sept. 22, 2012, 12:47 p.m. CST
Maxwell's Hammer is right, your comments are so cliched its ridiculous. You said the same thing people said in 1977, 1980, 1983, 1986, 1990, 1994, 1998, 2002, 2006, 2009, 2011, and every other fucking year in between. SNL will endure, as it has for 38 years. Your petty whining is insignificant while millions of people continue to enjoy the show for what it is. So do us a favor, when SNL comes on tonight, turn off the tv and go back to diddling your stuffed animal collection like every other night.
Sept. 22, 2012, 1:20 p.m. CST
toe jam- I agree. And they didn't open the season with an athlete. I can give or take Family Guy, but MacFarlane did pretty well.
He did take a stock character, the dim/stoner dude (the Ryan Lochte skit) , and actually made it funny. And the closing bit, with the redneck spelling out the web address was good. In all, he did a damn good job. Ok, he's not Jon Hamm good, but it was one the better season openers in memory.
Sept. 22, 2012, 3:22 p.m. CST
Sept. 22, 2012, 3:42 p.m. CST
I was crying from the laughter..........
Sept. 22, 2012, 3:45 p.m. CST
ON average one of SNL's better episodes. Nothing great, but a lot of good.
Sept. 22, 2012, 6:55 p.m. CST
Sept. 22, 2012, 9:30 p.m. CST
Did Lorne need a black guy that badly?
Sept. 22, 2012, 9:48 p.m. CST
I didn't fast forward through a single sketch, which hasn't happened in ages. I almost did for the stuttering drill sergeant, but it made me chuckle a little. And openthepodbaydoorshal, I don't think I've ever heard the Amish referred to as "rednecks" before. Lastly, I guess I'm the only Keenan fan left - what can I say, the guy makes me laugh. Nobody else thought the Steve Harvey makeover was funny? "My suit's got 550 stripes!"
Sept. 22, 2012, 10:36 p.m. CST
The Strahan impersonation was pot on!
Sept. 22, 2012, 10:42 p.m. CST
Good opening sketch. Glad they didn't go with another political sketch. Guess that they're saving something for the Thursday editions.
Sept. 22, 2012, 10:51 p.m. CST
by Wolfman Nards
Sept. 22, 2012, 11:26 p.m. CST
Just don't care about SNL anymore.
Sept. 22, 2012, 11:29 p.m. CST
Sept. 23, 2012, 12:18 a.m. CST
I hope that SNL has one less "audio guy" next week.
Sept. 23, 2012, 2:59 a.m. CST
jerryaurora, I want to publically bow to you in gratitude for using the word “whining” without a “g” in the center. Really people, follow Jerry’s glittering example of not making the word look like it should be pronounced “winging”. I return you now to
by I Max U Mini
Sept. 23, 2012, 6:09 a.m. CST
It's British, i_max_u_mini.
Sept. 23, 2012, 8:12 a.m. CST
Sept. 23, 2012, 9:07 a.m. CST
Poor JGL had little to nothing to work with. This episode was as bad as last week's was good. I mean, a monologue consisting entirely of a joke-free male striptease dance, based on a movie that the host had nothing to do with?! WTF? And it just went downhill from there. Update's "What Are You Doing?" bit was probably the highlight, but that's damning with faint praise.
Sept. 23, 2012, 2:01 p.m. CST
I had a rare Saturday night off and decided to tune in. As a whole the show is still not doing anything for me. A couple of rare chuckles here and there. But the tampon commercial had me laughing out loud. The design of the tampon (especially when it suddenly expanded to the size of a basketball) is absolutely my style of humor.
Sept. 23, 2012, 5:07 p.m. CST
but still OK. The XXX commercials and the Tampon commercial were the best parts.
Sept. 24, 2012, 3:16 a.m. CST
- 1st wk of Sept 2014's PICKS & PEEKS with Universal Monsters, FIRESTARTER, Eco-Terrorism, swords & fantasy! -- 140 total posts 136 posts
- A Badass GAME OF THRONES Sword Guy Has Apparently Been Cast In STAR WARS EPISODE VII!! -- 44 total posts 44 posts
- BBC Issues DOCTOR WHO: ‘Robot of Sherwood’ Promo Images!! + DOCTOR WHO EXTRAs For ‘Deep Breath’ And ‘Into the Dalek’ Are Now On YouTube!! -- 20 total posts 20 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 431 total posts 18 posts
- AICN COMICS PODCAST reviews GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! WAYWARD! SUNDOWNERS! & More! -- 16 total posts 16 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 385 total posts 13 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 726 total posts 12 posts
- The DRUNK HISTORY Finale!! HOUDINI Finale!! ROYAL PAINS Finale!! RIZZOLI & ISLES Finale!! HARD KNOCKS Finale!! New TALENT, CARTER, GEAR, LITTLE, LIARS, MATADOR, WIZARD!! The Chenbot On LETTERMAN!! Brienne Of Tarth On CRAIG!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 12 total posts 12 posts
- AICN HORROR: Dr. Karen Oughton checks out four fear-filled films from Film4 FrightFest 2014: THE LAST SHOWING! SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR! THE GUEST! DOC OF THE DEAD! -- 8 total posts 8 posts
- Capone talks love among the ages with LOVE IS STRANGE director & co-writer Ira Sachs!!! -- 8 total posts 8 posts