Hunting and killing babies doesn’t seem to be the Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day’s specialty.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
Today we see an incredibly young Rick Baker working on a maquette for his It’s Alive baby. I don’t know what else to say, really, except that thing is still super creepy.
Happy Fantastic Fest week, peoples. Thanks to the PEG for this pic.
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tomorrow’s pic features Rick Baker many years later.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 21, 2012, 7:21 a.m. CST
Sept. 21, 2012, 7:23 a.m. CST
by Steve Giunta
Sept. 21, 2012, 7:33 a.m. CST
Sept. 21, 2012, 8:08 a.m. CST
by Nasty In The Pasty
Bernard Herrmann's score is the sole bright point in an otherwise ridiculous film.
Sept. 21, 2012, 8:46 a.m. CST
And yes, the movie is as bad as it sounds. Rick Baker did the best he could given the tech of the day, but even at the time I thought his stuff looked like what it was - latex puppets and Karo syrup - which goes for most of the lauded "practical effects" of the 70's and 80's (yes, including American Werewolf, The Fly and Freddy).
Sept. 21, 2012, 9:06 a.m. CST
http://youtu.be/-5x5OXfe9KY Rick Baker did the best he could with what was available. The suits had totally turned down the crude computer animation you see in the clip. Very cool and totally enlightening.
Sept. 21, 2012, 9:08 a.m. CST
Wrong clip, how friggin embarassing! http://youtu.be/oHSuyTrKwdg
Sept. 21, 2012, 9:10 a.m. CST
Sept. 21, 2012, 9:35 a.m. CST
by Nice Marmot
Sequel was worse, and just odd, and that THIRD one on the island was bat-shit insanely weird.
Sept. 21, 2012, 9:39 a.m. CST
by Christian Sylvain
Sept. 21, 2012, 10:24 a.m. CST
by Bill C.
That said: call me a wimp, but I could never get through this movie. That thing's still just too creepy.
Sept. 21, 2012, 10:29 a.m. CST
and was recently listening to Herrmann's fantastic score, which probably gave the film more credibility than it deserved.
Sept. 21, 2012, 11 a.m. CST
Damn you Pro-choicers!!!
Sept. 21, 2012, 11:54 a.m. CST
The baby from Eraserhead
Sept. 21, 2012, 12:07 p.m. CST
Sept. 21, 2012, 1:39 p.m. CST
Sept. 21, 2012, 2:29 p.m. CST
Sept. 21, 2012, 5:17 p.m. CST
All you whiners go away.
Sept. 21, 2012, 5:18 p.m. CST
Not on a keyboard. Good shit.
Sept. 21, 2012, 5:19 p.m. CST
Sept. 21, 2012, 8:28 p.m. CST
by charlie frown
Sept. 22, 2012, 2:34 p.m. CST
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 296 total posts 146 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 300 total posts 19 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 575 total posts 9 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 225 total posts 5 posts
- MTV Movie Awards drops an opening scene from X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST! And it rocks! -- 317 total posts 4 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 194 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 249 total posts 3 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 2 total posts 2 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 195 total posts 2 posts
- Stallone Talks EXPENDABLES Casting Approach!! Nicholson!?!? -- 288 total posts 2 posts