Hunting and killing babies doesn’t seem to be the Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day’s specialty.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
Today we see an incredibly young Rick Baker working on a maquette for his It’s Alive baby. I don’t know what else to say, really, except that thing is still super creepy.
Happy Fantastic Fest week, peoples. Thanks to the PEG for this pic.
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at email@example.com.
Tomorrow’s pic features Rick Baker many years later.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 21, 2012, 7:21 a.m. CST
Sept. 21, 2012, 7:23 a.m. CST
by Steve Giunta
Sept. 21, 2012, 7:33 a.m. CST
Sept. 21, 2012, 8:08 a.m. CST
by Nasty In The Pasty
Bernard Herrmann's score is the sole bright point in an otherwise ridiculous film.
Sept. 21, 2012, 8:46 a.m. CST
And yes, the movie is as bad as it sounds. Rick Baker did the best he could given the tech of the day, but even at the time I thought his stuff looked like what it was - latex puppets and Karo syrup - which goes for most of the lauded "practical effects" of the 70's and 80's (yes, including American Werewolf, The Fly and Freddy).
Sept. 21, 2012, 9:06 a.m. CST
http://youtu.be/-5x5OXfe9KY Rick Baker did the best he could with what was available. The suits had totally turned down the crude computer animation you see in the clip. Very cool and totally enlightening.
Sept. 21, 2012, 9:08 a.m. CST
Wrong clip, how friggin embarassing! http://youtu.be/oHSuyTrKwdg
Sept. 21, 2012, 9:10 a.m. CST
Sept. 21, 2012, 9:35 a.m. CST
by Nice Marmot
Sequel was worse, and just odd, and that THIRD one on the island was bat-shit insanely weird.
Sept. 21, 2012, 9:39 a.m. CST
by Christian Sylvain
Sept. 21, 2012, 10:24 a.m. CST
by Bill C.
That said: call me a wimp, but I could never get through this movie. That thing's still just too creepy.
Sept. 21, 2012, 10:29 a.m. CST
and was recently listening to Herrmann's fantastic score, which probably gave the film more credibility than it deserved.
Sept. 21, 2012, 11 a.m. CST
Damn you Pro-choicers!!!
Sept. 21, 2012, 11:54 a.m. CST
The baby from Eraserhead
Sept. 21, 2012, 12:07 p.m. CST
Sept. 21, 2012, 1:39 p.m. CST
Sept. 21, 2012, 2:29 p.m. CST
Sept. 21, 2012, 5:17 p.m. CST
All you whiners go away.
Sept. 21, 2012, 5:18 p.m. CST
Not on a keyboard. Good shit.
Sept. 21, 2012, 5:19 p.m. CST
Sept. 21, 2012, 8:28 p.m. CST
by charlie frown
Sept. 22, 2012, 2:34 p.m. CST
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 157 total posts 157 posts
- JJ Abrams reveals a rusted out, beat up awesome looking X-Wing in new video! -- 540 total posts 154 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 323 total posts 145 posts
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 136 total posts 136 posts
- Edgar Wright's Next Project Revealed! -- 107 total posts 107 posts
- For your viewing pleasure, a 5-minute clip of Star Lord and his GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! -- 238 total posts 92 posts
- A Recently Recovered Gene Roddenberry Interview Leads To A Kickstarter About The Early Days Of STAR TREK!! -- 66 total posts 66 posts
- Could This Be The (Barebones) Plot Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII?! SPOILERS! -- 1505 total posts 62 posts
Longest. Marathon. Ever.
FXX To Air All 25 Years Of THE SIMPSONS Over 12 Days Starting Aug. 21!! -- 91 total posts 58 posts
Only Seven Episodes
Of LOUIE Next Year!! -- 62 total posts 52 posts