Hunting and killing babies doesn’t seem to be the Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day’s specialty.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
Today we see an incredibly young Rick Baker working on a maquette for his It’s Alive baby. I don’t know what else to say, really, except that thing is still super creepy.
Happy Fantastic Fest week, peoples. Thanks to the PEG for this pic.
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at email@example.com.
Tomorrow’s pic features Rick Baker many years later.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 21, 2012, 7:21 a.m. CST
Sept. 21, 2012, 7:23 a.m. CST
by Steve Giunta
Sept. 21, 2012, 7:33 a.m. CST
Sept. 21, 2012, 8:08 a.m. CST
by Nasty In The Pasty
Bernard Herrmann's score is the sole bright point in an otherwise ridiculous film.
Sept. 21, 2012, 8:46 a.m. CST
And yes, the movie is as bad as it sounds. Rick Baker did the best he could given the tech of the day, but even at the time I thought his stuff looked like what it was - latex puppets and Karo syrup - which goes for most of the lauded "practical effects" of the 70's and 80's (yes, including American Werewolf, The Fly and Freddy).
Sept. 21, 2012, 9:06 a.m. CST
http://youtu.be/-5x5OXfe9KY Rick Baker did the best he could with what was available. The suits had totally turned down the crude computer animation you see in the clip. Very cool and totally enlightening.
Sept. 21, 2012, 9:08 a.m. CST
Wrong clip, how friggin embarassing! http://youtu.be/oHSuyTrKwdg
Sept. 21, 2012, 9:10 a.m. CST
Sept. 21, 2012, 9:35 a.m. CST
by Nice Marmot
Sequel was worse, and just odd, and that THIRD one on the island was bat-shit insanely weird.
Sept. 21, 2012, 9:39 a.m. CST
by Christian Sylvain
Sept. 21, 2012, 10:24 a.m. CST
by Bill C.
That said: call me a wimp, but I could never get through this movie. That thing's still just too creepy.
Sept. 21, 2012, 10:29 a.m. CST
and was recently listening to Herrmann's fantastic score, which probably gave the film more credibility than it deserved.
Sept. 21, 2012, 11 a.m. CST
Damn you Pro-choicers!!!
Sept. 21, 2012, 11:54 a.m. CST
The baby from Eraserhead
Sept. 21, 2012, 12:07 p.m. CST
Sept. 21, 2012, 1:39 p.m. CST
Sept. 21, 2012, 2:29 p.m. CST
Sept. 21, 2012, 5:17 p.m. CST
All you whiners go away.
Sept. 21, 2012, 5:18 p.m. CST
Not on a keyboard. Good shit.
Sept. 21, 2012, 5:19 p.m. CST
Sept. 21, 2012, 8:28 p.m. CST
by charlie frown
Sept. 22, 2012, 2:34 p.m. CST
- Beware Epileptics - we have a new motion poster for the upcoming remake of CARRIE! -- 80 total posts 20 posts
- Capone believes that FAST & FURIOUS 6 is the best in a bizarre, crowded franchise!!! -- 84 total posts 18 posts
- Spoilery early review of MAN OF STEEL!! -- 430 total posts 12 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 212 total posts 12 posts
- Capone makes the case that THE HANGOVER PART III is neither a comedy nor a movie!!! -- 69 total posts 10 posts
- New trailer for Casey Affleck and Rooney Mara's upcoming western, AIN'T THEM BODIES SAINTS!! -- 48 total posts 7 posts
- John Ary's Video Review Of THE HANGOVER PART III!! -- 63 total posts 7 posts
- Tom Cruise Won’t Go Solo For MAN FROM UNCLE!! -- 119 total posts 6 posts
- Who is set to acquire the troubled indie Western, JANE GOT A GUN!?! -- 41 total posts 5 posts
- Jim Jarmusch's vampire flick ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE gets picked up for U.S. distribution by Sony Pictures Classics!! -- 19 total posts 5 posts