Hunting and killing babies doesn’t seem to be the Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day’s specialty.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
Today we see an incredibly young Rick Baker working on a maquette for his It’s Alive baby. I don’t know what else to say, really, except that thing is still super creepy.
Happy Fantastic Fest week, peoples. Thanks to the PEG for this pic.
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tomorrow’s pic features Rick Baker many years later.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 21, 2012, 7:21 a.m. CST
Sept. 21, 2012, 7:23 a.m. CST
by Steve Giunta
Sept. 21, 2012, 7:33 a.m. CST
Sept. 21, 2012, 8:08 a.m. CST
by Nasty In The Pasty
Bernard Herrmann's score is the sole bright point in an otherwise ridiculous film.
Sept. 21, 2012, 8:46 a.m. CST
And yes, the movie is as bad as it sounds. Rick Baker did the best he could given the tech of the day, but even at the time I thought his stuff looked like what it was - latex puppets and Karo syrup - which goes for most of the lauded "practical effects" of the 70's and 80's (yes, including American Werewolf, The Fly and Freddy).
Sept. 21, 2012, 9:06 a.m. CST
http://youtu.be/-5x5OXfe9KY Rick Baker did the best he could with what was available. The suits had totally turned down the crude computer animation you see in the clip. Very cool and totally enlightening.
Sept. 21, 2012, 9:08 a.m. CST
Wrong clip, how friggin embarassing! http://youtu.be/oHSuyTrKwdg
Sept. 21, 2012, 9:10 a.m. CST
Sept. 21, 2012, 9:35 a.m. CST
by Nice Marmot
Sequel was worse, and just odd, and that THIRD one on the island was bat-shit insanely weird.
Sept. 21, 2012, 9:39 a.m. CST
by Christian Sylvain
Sept. 21, 2012, 10:24 a.m. CST
by Bill C.
That said: call me a wimp, but I could never get through this movie. That thing's still just too creepy.
Sept. 21, 2012, 10:29 a.m. CST
and was recently listening to Herrmann's fantastic score, which probably gave the film more credibility than it deserved.
Sept. 21, 2012, 11 a.m. CST
Damn you Pro-choicers!!!
Sept. 21, 2012, 11:54 a.m. CST
The baby from Eraserhead
Sept. 21, 2012, 12:07 p.m. CST
Sept. 21, 2012, 1:39 p.m. CST
Sept. 21, 2012, 2:29 p.m. CST
Sept. 21, 2012, 5:17 p.m. CST
All you whiners go away.
Sept. 21, 2012, 5:18 p.m. CST
Not on a keyboard. Good shit.
Sept. 21, 2012, 5:19 p.m. CST
Sept. 21, 2012, 8:28 p.m. CST
by charlie frown
Sept. 22, 2012, 2:34 p.m. CST
- Will Joaquin Phoenix be Playing Lex Luthor in the BATMAN/SUPERMAN Movie? -- 239 total posts 239 posts
- This First Teaser For DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES Ain't Monkeying Around!! -- 170 total posts 170 posts
- Here's A Trailer For Adam Sandler And Drew Barrymore's BLENDED!! -- 127 total posts 127 posts
- Nordling Reviews THE WOLF OF WALL STREET! -- 155 total posts 120 posts
- A Trailer For The Michael Bay Produced WELCOME TO YESTERDAY!! Sci Fi Kids, Wet Bikini Babes, And Time Travel Collide!! -- 87 total posts 87 posts
- An AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Trailer From The UK Has Fresh Footage!! -- 87 total posts 87 posts
- A valid argument for creating military killer humanoid robot death machines! Leave it to Dolph! -- 71 total posts 71 posts
- New Trailer and Poster for NEIGHBORS! -- 70 total posts 70 posts
- Capone declares ANCHORMAN 2: THE LEGEND CONTINUES to be as funny and entertaining as salon-quality hair on a newsman!!! -- 40 total posts 40 posts
- Production Details For The Three AVATAR Sequels!! -- 433 total posts 35 posts