Hunting and killing babies doesn’t seem to be the Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day’s specialty.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
Today we see an incredibly young Rick Baker working on a maquette for his It’s Alive baby. I don’t know what else to say, really, except that thing is still super creepy.
Happy Fantastic Fest week, peoples. Thanks to the PEG for this pic.
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tomorrow’s pic features Rick Baker many years later.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 21, 2012, 7:21 a.m. CST
Sept. 21, 2012, 7:23 a.m. CST
by Steve Giunta
Sept. 21, 2012, 7:33 a.m. CST
Sept. 21, 2012, 8:08 a.m. CST
by Nasty In The Pasty
Bernard Herrmann's score is the sole bright point in an otherwise ridiculous film.
Sept. 21, 2012, 8:46 a.m. CST
And yes, the movie is as bad as it sounds. Rick Baker did the best he could given the tech of the day, but even at the time I thought his stuff looked like what it was - latex puppets and Karo syrup - which goes for most of the lauded "practical effects" of the 70's and 80's (yes, including American Werewolf, The Fly and Freddy).
Sept. 21, 2012, 9:06 a.m. CST
http://youtu.be/-5x5OXfe9KY Rick Baker did the best he could with what was available. The suits had totally turned down the crude computer animation you see in the clip. Very cool and totally enlightening.
Sept. 21, 2012, 9:08 a.m. CST
Wrong clip, how friggin embarassing! http://youtu.be/oHSuyTrKwdg
Sept. 21, 2012, 9:10 a.m. CST
Sept. 21, 2012, 9:35 a.m. CST
by Nice Marmot
Sequel was worse, and just odd, and that THIRD one on the island was bat-shit insanely weird.
Sept. 21, 2012, 9:39 a.m. CST
by Christian Sylvain
Sept. 21, 2012, 10:24 a.m. CST
by Bill C.
That said: call me a wimp, but I could never get through this movie. That thing's still just too creepy.
Sept. 21, 2012, 10:29 a.m. CST
and was recently listening to Herrmann's fantastic score, which probably gave the film more credibility than it deserved.
Sept. 21, 2012, 11 a.m. CST
Damn you Pro-choicers!!!
Sept. 21, 2012, 11:54 a.m. CST
The baby from Eraserhead
Sept. 21, 2012, 12:07 p.m. CST
Sept. 21, 2012, 1:39 p.m. CST
Sept. 21, 2012, 2:29 p.m. CST
Sept. 21, 2012, 5:17 p.m. CST
All you whiners go away.
Sept. 21, 2012, 5:18 p.m. CST
Not on a keyboard. Good shit.
Sept. 21, 2012, 5:19 p.m. CST
Sept. 21, 2012, 8:28 p.m. CST
by charlie frown
Sept. 22, 2012, 2:34 p.m. CST
- Hold off, Aaron Cross: Matt Damon's back as Jason Bourne! -- 136 total posts 22 posts
- Check out this MASSIVE new HOBBIT: BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES banner!! -- 174 total posts 19 posts
- SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE Hires 20-Year-Old Cast Member!! -- 48 total posts 17 posts
- Copernicus is really pissed about the Stephen Hawking biopic THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING that he saw at TIFF -- 123 total posts 13 posts
- Scott Glenn Joins Charlie Cox, Vincent D’Onofrio, Rosario Dawson, Elden Henson and Deborah Ann Woll For Netflix’s DAREDEVIL Series!! -- 55 total posts 12 posts
- New Poster for V/H/S: VIRAL!!! -- 23 total posts 6 posts
- Adam Wingard and Simon Barrett to take on I SAW THE DEVIL REMAKE!!!!!!!! -- 48 total posts 4 posts
- Look Upon The Bizarre, Horrible, And Possibly Awesome Insanity Of This DEAD SNOW 2 Trailer!! -- 53 total posts 4 posts
- Kelvington Says Tonight’s DOCTOR WHO Is A Perfect Episode – Were It Not For The Episode’s Foreshadowing!! -- 155 total posts 4 posts
- Looks like they got the right Mann to play Audrey Griswald in the VACATION update! -- 86 total posts 4 posts