Peter Jackson On Directing A New Zealand Episode Of DOCTOR WHO: ‘Just Name A Time And Place And I’ll Be There’!!
“Dcotor Who” star Matt Smith invited “Lord of the Rings” filmmaker Peter Jackson to direct an episode of “Doctor Who,” and Peter Jackson just said yes.
''I'm a huge Dr Who fan, and I think Matt's fantastic. Just name a time and place, and I'll be there!'' Jackson told The Waikato Times on Tuesday.
Smith wants to shoot the episode in a place called New Zealand. 'I'm told it's glorious. I'm told it's quite similar to England. ''
The British series has shot in the United States and all over Europe; we'll see if Jackson is lure enough for the BBC to pony up for a trip Down Under.
Find Chris Gardner’s story on the matter here.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 19, 2012, 4:52 p.m. CST
by Rakesh Patel
expensive but awesome. the BBC should actually capitalise on the momentum doctor has gotten over the last couple of years and do it. the US eps have looked great. i'm sure NZ could be the same. 2013 Christmas special perhaps?
Sept. 19, 2012, 4:58 p.m. CST
Sept. 19, 2012, 5:20 p.m. CST
by Amy Chasing
Sept. 19, 2012, 5:56 p.m. CST
Sept. 19, 2012, 6:14 p.m. CST
It's "Doctor Who", not "Dr Who".
Sept. 19, 2012, 6:30 p.m. CST
by Yotz Von Frelnik
And when the DVDs are released, they episodes can double in length!
Sept. 19, 2012, 6:37 p.m. CST
have a cameo of The Boys as a special task team sent by UNIT in dangerous missions involving alien invaders.
Sept. 19, 2012, 7:01 p.m. CST
@matt: Actually, "Dr. Who" was used in closing credits for a long time, also in the Cushing "Dr. Who" films
Sept. 19, 2012, 7:33 p.m. CST
by Mr Lucas
Would be the dream of many a fan (myself included). Plenty of time for character development and atmosphere. Not all the noisy running around and shouting that seems to be a requirement these days. I mean how long was Dalek Masterplan? Hours and hours of awesomeness.
Sept. 19, 2012, 10:02 p.m. CST
Sept. 20, 2012, 1:58 a.m. CST
this will happen
Sept. 20, 2012, 7:54 a.m. CST
They should do another 26 episode season with one big story like The Key to Time. Break it up into four parts and have a different director for each part.
Sept. 20, 2012, 8:33 a.m. CST
I think there's a fun story to be told showing Tolkien and CS Lewis as a couple of old Wilfards bickering about allagory while some old magical beast awakens from under Oxford.
Sept. 20, 2012, 8:36 a.m. CST
it sounds like the time Hugh Grant was going to play a villain, or when Dennis Hopper was going to be in the christmas special, or when Patrick Stewart was going to play the Meddling Monk...
Sept. 20, 2012, 2:39 p.m. CST
I mean ... wouldn't it?
Sept. 20, 2012, 5:15 p.m. CST
just seems like mutual respect and respectfully answering fan questions. Jackson would cost too much and be too busy. Although Peter Jackson has directed low budget horror and loves fantasy genre. Maybe a one off special if they are going to do only specials for the 50th anniversary
Sept. 20, 2012, 5:22 p.m. CST
he owns Sylvester McCoys costume! I say this is going to happen if they can figure out schedule and budget for the travel. I want to change my user name to peterjacksonisawhovian
Sept. 20, 2012, 5:40 p.m. CST
...after all The Moff and Jackson are friends after the Moff wrote the script for Tin Tin. Plus Jackson has hired an ex-doctor for the Hobbit- and of course the Sherlock links with Freeman and Cumberbatch. C'mon BBC, pony up the cash for some flights! - Imagine the world wide publicity and exposure this would get. What other directors would you like to see step in for an episode? Personally I'd love 1. Edgar Wright -would be brilliant visually, and stylisicly could achieve something special on a small budget - just look at Spaced. 2. Kenneth Brannagh - Just imagine the quality he could draw from the actors in a big serious story. 3. and of course every fan boy's wet dream....Wheddon!
Sept. 20, 2012, 5:40 p.m. CST
Sept. 21, 2012, 4:59 a.m. CST
they'd have had Peter Jackson sewn up to direct the 50th anniversary show.
Sept. 21, 2012, 11:09 a.m. CST
by Cotton Mcknight
THE BAN HAS BEEN LIFTED AND I AM BACK!!!!!!!! Think about it.
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 479 total posts 198 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 299 total posts 149 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 328 total posts 82 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 56 total posts 56 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 255 total posts 35 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 223 total posts 33 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 590 total posts 24 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 21 total posts 21 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 16 total posts 16 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 208 total posts 15 posts