Peter Jackson On Directing A New Zealand Episode Of DOCTOR WHO: ‘Just Name A Time And Place And I’ll Be There’!!
“Dcotor Who” star Matt Smith invited “Lord of the Rings” filmmaker Peter Jackson to direct an episode of “Doctor Who,” and Peter Jackson just said yes.
''I'm a huge Dr Who fan, and I think Matt's fantastic. Just name a time and place, and I'll be there!'' Jackson told The Waikato Times on Tuesday.
Smith wants to shoot the episode in a place called New Zealand. 'I'm told it's glorious. I'm told it's quite similar to England. ''
The British series has shot in the United States and all over Europe; we'll see if Jackson is lure enough for the BBC to pony up for a trip Down Under.
Find Chris Gardner’s story on the matter here.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 19, 2012, 4:52 p.m. CST
by Rakesh Patel
expensive but awesome. the BBC should actually capitalise on the momentum doctor has gotten over the last couple of years and do it. the US eps have looked great. i'm sure NZ could be the same. 2013 Christmas special perhaps?
Sept. 19, 2012, 4:58 p.m. CST
Sept. 19, 2012, 5:20 p.m. CST
by Amy Chasing
Sept. 19, 2012, 5:56 p.m. CST
Sept. 19, 2012, 6:14 p.m. CST
It's "Doctor Who", not "Dr Who".
Sept. 19, 2012, 6:30 p.m. CST
by Yotz Von Frelnik
And when the DVDs are released, they episodes can double in length!
Sept. 19, 2012, 6:37 p.m. CST
have a cameo of The Boys as a special task team sent by UNIT in dangerous missions involving alien invaders.
Sept. 19, 2012, 7:01 p.m. CST
@matt: Actually, "Dr. Who" was used in closing credits for a long time, also in the Cushing "Dr. Who" films
Sept. 19, 2012, 7:33 p.m. CST
by Mr Lucas
Would be the dream of many a fan (myself included). Plenty of time for character development and atmosphere. Not all the noisy running around and shouting that seems to be a requirement these days. I mean how long was Dalek Masterplan? Hours and hours of awesomeness.
Sept. 19, 2012, 10:02 p.m. CST
Sept. 20, 2012, 1:58 a.m. CST
this will happen
Sept. 20, 2012, 7:54 a.m. CST
They should do another 26 episode season with one big story like The Key to Time. Break it up into four parts and have a different director for each part.
Sept. 20, 2012, 8:33 a.m. CST
I think there's a fun story to be told showing Tolkien and CS Lewis as a couple of old Wilfards bickering about allagory while some old magical beast awakens from under Oxford.
Sept. 20, 2012, 8:36 a.m. CST
it sounds like the time Hugh Grant was going to play a villain, or when Dennis Hopper was going to be in the christmas special, or when Patrick Stewart was going to play the Meddling Monk...
Sept. 20, 2012, 2:39 p.m. CST
I mean ... wouldn't it?
Sept. 20, 2012, 5:15 p.m. CST
just seems like mutual respect and respectfully answering fan questions. Jackson would cost too much and be too busy. Although Peter Jackson has directed low budget horror and loves fantasy genre. Maybe a one off special if they are going to do only specials for the 50th anniversary
Sept. 20, 2012, 5:22 p.m. CST
he owns Sylvester McCoys costume! I say this is going to happen if they can figure out schedule and budget for the travel. I want to change my user name to peterjacksonisawhovian
Sept. 20, 2012, 5:40 p.m. CST
...after all The Moff and Jackson are friends after the Moff wrote the script for Tin Tin. Plus Jackson has hired an ex-doctor for the Hobbit- and of course the Sherlock links with Freeman and Cumberbatch. C'mon BBC, pony up the cash for some flights! - Imagine the world wide publicity and exposure this would get. What other directors would you like to see step in for an episode? Personally I'd love 1. Edgar Wright -would be brilliant visually, and stylisicly could achieve something special on a small budget - just look at Spaced. 2. Kenneth Brannagh - Just imagine the quality he could draw from the actors in a big serious story. 3. and of course every fan boy's wet dream....Wheddon!
Sept. 20, 2012, 5:40 p.m. CST
Sept. 21, 2012, 4:59 a.m. CST
they'd have had Peter Jackson sewn up to direct the 50th anniversary show.
Sept. 21, 2012, 11:09 a.m. CST
by Cotton Mcknight
THE BAN HAS BEEN LIFTED AND I AM BACK!!!!!!!! Think about it.
- A Provocative New Trailer For THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES!! Nic Cage, Tim Burton, Kevin Smith… -- 241 total posts 241 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 137 total posts 137 posts
- Filed under "you're damn right it's 2014," Kevin Smith to direct Johnny Depp in YOGA HOSERS!! -- 283 total posts 93 posts
- Trailer for New Stephen King Thriller, A GOOD MARRIAGE! -- 70 total posts 62 posts
- Here’s Our First Official Image From The ANT-MAN Movie!! -- 305 total posts 33 posts
- SHERLOCK’s Benedict Cumberbatch To Play Another Khan In Warner Bros’ JUNGLE BOOK Movie!! -- 108 total posts 19 posts
- Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg to Re-Team on New Film! -- 101 total posts 18 posts
- A Tuesday MiniDocback Brings DOCTOR WHO S8 Promo Images, Moffat's MicroSynopses For S8 Eps, A Look At The New York & Mexican Premieres Of ‘Deep Breath’, And More!! -- 30 total posts 17 posts
- Drew McWeeny Drops By For The Latest Episode Of "Fire Talk With Me"! Blu-ray Contest Winner Announced! -- 33 total posts 16 posts
- The OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN sequel, LONDON HAS FALLEN gets a director and rumored synopsis! -- 183 total posts 15 posts