Peter Jackson On Directing A New Zealand Episode Of DOCTOR WHO: ‘Just Name A Time And Place And I’ll Be There’!!
“Dcotor Who” star Matt Smith invited “Lord of the Rings” filmmaker Peter Jackson to direct an episode of “Doctor Who,” and Peter Jackson just said yes.
''I'm a huge Dr Who fan, and I think Matt's fantastic. Just name a time and place, and I'll be there!'' Jackson told The Waikato Times on Tuesday.
Smith wants to shoot the episode in a place called New Zealand. 'I'm told it's glorious. I'm told it's quite similar to England. ''
The British series has shot in the United States and all over Europe; we'll see if Jackson is lure enough for the BBC to pony up for a trip Down Under.
Find Chris Gardner’s story on the matter here.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 19, 2012, 4:52 p.m. CST
by Rakesh Patel
expensive but awesome. the BBC should actually capitalise on the momentum doctor has gotten over the last couple of years and do it. the US eps have looked great. i'm sure NZ could be the same. 2013 Christmas special perhaps?
Sept. 19, 2012, 4:58 p.m. CST
Sept. 19, 2012, 5:20 p.m. CST
by Amy Chasing
Sept. 19, 2012, 5:56 p.m. CST
Sept. 19, 2012, 6:14 p.m. CST
It's "Doctor Who", not "Dr Who".
Sept. 19, 2012, 6:30 p.m. CST
by Yotz Von Frelnik
And when the DVDs are released, they episodes can double in length!
Sept. 19, 2012, 6:37 p.m. CST
have a cameo of The Boys as a special task team sent by UNIT in dangerous missions involving alien invaders.
Sept. 19, 2012, 7:01 p.m. CST
@matt: Actually, "Dr. Who" was used in closing credits for a long time, also in the Cushing "Dr. Who" films
Sept. 19, 2012, 7:33 p.m. CST
by Mr Lucas
Would be the dream of many a fan (myself included). Plenty of time for character development and atmosphere. Not all the noisy running around and shouting that seems to be a requirement these days. I mean how long was Dalek Masterplan? Hours and hours of awesomeness.
Sept. 19, 2012, 10:02 p.m. CST
Sept. 20, 2012, 1:58 a.m. CST
this will happen
Sept. 20, 2012, 7:54 a.m. CST
They should do another 26 episode season with one big story like The Key to Time. Break it up into four parts and have a different director for each part.
Sept. 20, 2012, 8:33 a.m. CST
I think there's a fun story to be told showing Tolkien and CS Lewis as a couple of old Wilfards bickering about allagory while some old magical beast awakens from under Oxford.
Sept. 20, 2012, 8:36 a.m. CST
it sounds like the time Hugh Grant was going to play a villain, or when Dennis Hopper was going to be in the christmas special, or when Patrick Stewart was going to play the Meddling Monk...
Sept. 20, 2012, 2:39 p.m. CST
I mean ... wouldn't it?
Sept. 20, 2012, 5:15 p.m. CST
just seems like mutual respect and respectfully answering fan questions. Jackson would cost too much and be too busy. Although Peter Jackson has directed low budget horror and loves fantasy genre. Maybe a one off special if they are going to do only specials for the 50th anniversary
Sept. 20, 2012, 5:22 p.m. CST
he owns Sylvester McCoys costume! I say this is going to happen if they can figure out schedule and budget for the travel. I want to change my user name to peterjacksonisawhovian
Sept. 20, 2012, 5:40 p.m. CST
...after all The Moff and Jackson are friends after the Moff wrote the script for Tin Tin. Plus Jackson has hired an ex-doctor for the Hobbit- and of course the Sherlock links with Freeman and Cumberbatch. C'mon BBC, pony up the cash for some flights! - Imagine the world wide publicity and exposure this would get. What other directors would you like to see step in for an episode? Personally I'd love 1. Edgar Wright -would be brilliant visually, and stylisicly could achieve something special on a small budget - just look at Spaced. 2. Kenneth Brannagh - Just imagine the quality he could draw from the actors in a big serious story. 3. and of course every fan boy's wet dream....Wheddon!
Sept. 20, 2012, 5:40 p.m. CST
Sept. 21, 2012, 4:59 a.m. CST
they'd have had Peter Jackson sewn up to direct the 50th anniversary show.
Sept. 21, 2012, 11:09 a.m. CST
by Cotton Mcknight
THE BAN HAS BEEN LIFTED AND I AM BACK!!!!!!!! Think about it.
- Big SPOILERS for X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and APOCALYPSE as new rumors suggest a familiar face will be playing the role of APOCALYPSE!! -- 275 total posts 140 posts
- Disney can now make new Indiana Jones Movies!!! But what about Paramount? -- 310 total posts 119 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS, OUT OF THE FURNACE, FROZEN, Tomorrow’s HOMELAND, The Latest WALKING DEAD And RETURNED, The First Big-Screen Wonder Woman and More!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 69 total posts 69 posts
- Jerry Bruckheimer has returned to Paramount and Brett Ratner's BEVERLY HILLS COP IV is now on the way (again)! -- 148 total posts 62 posts
- The Annual Official Fake BUTT-NUMB-A-THON 15 List!!! Plus other things like STANDBY news! -- 53 total posts 53 posts
- SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES Writers Developing New TERMINATOR TV Series!! -- 67 total posts 30 posts
- Fox To Dabble In Shared X-MEN / FF Movieverse!?!? -- 183 total posts 17 posts
LOW WINTER SUN
2013-2013 -- 22 total posts 15 posts
- The Friday Docback Rounds Up This Week's DOCTOR WHO News!! 50th Celebration, 'Time of the Doctor,' HornOrSilk Reviews 'The Assassination Games' Big Finish Audio, And More!! -- 37 total posts 13 posts
- Two More NYMPHOMANIAC Posters... -- 76 total posts 9 posts