Peter Jackson On Directing A New Zealand Episode Of DOCTOR WHO: ‘Just Name A Time And Place And I’ll Be There’!!
“Dcotor Who” star Matt Smith invited “Lord of the Rings” filmmaker Peter Jackson to direct an episode of “Doctor Who,” and Peter Jackson just said yes.
''I'm a huge Dr Who fan, and I think Matt's fantastic. Just name a time and place, and I'll be there!'' Jackson told The Waikato Times on Tuesday.
Smith wants to shoot the episode in a place called New Zealand. 'I'm told it's glorious. I'm told it's quite similar to England. ''
The British series has shot in the United States and all over Europe; we'll see if Jackson is lure enough for the BBC to pony up for a trip Down Under.
Find Chris Gardner’s story on the matter here.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 19, 2012, 4:52 p.m. CST
by Rakesh Patel
expensive but awesome. the BBC should actually capitalise on the momentum doctor has gotten over the last couple of years and do it. the US eps have looked great. i'm sure NZ could be the same. 2013 Christmas special perhaps?
Sept. 19, 2012, 4:58 p.m. CST
Sept. 19, 2012, 5:20 p.m. CST
by Amy Chasing
Sept. 19, 2012, 5:56 p.m. CST
Sept. 19, 2012, 6:14 p.m. CST
It's "Doctor Who", not "Dr Who".
Sept. 19, 2012, 6:30 p.m. CST
by Yotz Von Frelnik
And when the DVDs are released, they episodes can double in length!
Sept. 19, 2012, 6:37 p.m. CST
have a cameo of The Boys as a special task team sent by UNIT in dangerous missions involving alien invaders.
Sept. 19, 2012, 7:01 p.m. CST
@matt: Actually, "Dr. Who" was used in closing credits for a long time, also in the Cushing "Dr. Who" films
Sept. 19, 2012, 7:33 p.m. CST
by Mr Lucas
Would be the dream of many a fan (myself included). Plenty of time for character development and atmosphere. Not all the noisy running around and shouting that seems to be a requirement these days. I mean how long was Dalek Masterplan? Hours and hours of awesomeness.
Sept. 19, 2012, 10:02 p.m. CST
Sept. 20, 2012, 1:58 a.m. CST
this will happen
Sept. 20, 2012, 7:54 a.m. CST
They should do another 26 episode season with one big story like The Key to Time. Break it up into four parts and have a different director for each part.
Sept. 20, 2012, 8:33 a.m. CST
I think there's a fun story to be told showing Tolkien and CS Lewis as a couple of old Wilfards bickering about allagory while some old magical beast awakens from under Oxford.
Sept. 20, 2012, 8:36 a.m. CST
it sounds like the time Hugh Grant was going to play a villain, or when Dennis Hopper was going to be in the christmas special, or when Patrick Stewart was going to play the Meddling Monk...
Sept. 20, 2012, 2:39 p.m. CST
I mean ... wouldn't it?
Sept. 20, 2012, 5:15 p.m. CST
just seems like mutual respect and respectfully answering fan questions. Jackson would cost too much and be too busy. Although Peter Jackson has directed low budget horror and loves fantasy genre. Maybe a one off special if they are going to do only specials for the 50th anniversary
Sept. 20, 2012, 5:22 p.m. CST
he owns Sylvester McCoys costume! I say this is going to happen if they can figure out schedule and budget for the travel. I want to change my user name to peterjacksonisawhovian
Sept. 20, 2012, 5:40 p.m. CST
...after all The Moff and Jackson are friends after the Moff wrote the script for Tin Tin. Plus Jackson has hired an ex-doctor for the Hobbit- and of course the Sherlock links with Freeman and Cumberbatch. C'mon BBC, pony up the cash for some flights! - Imagine the world wide publicity and exposure this would get. What other directors would you like to see step in for an episode? Personally I'd love 1. Edgar Wright -would be brilliant visually, and stylisicly could achieve something special on a small budget - just look at Spaced. 2. Kenneth Brannagh - Just imagine the quality he could draw from the actors in a big serious story. 3. and of course every fan boy's wet dream....Wheddon!
Sept. 20, 2012, 5:40 p.m. CST
Sept. 21, 2012, 4:59 a.m. CST
they'd have had Peter Jackson sewn up to direct the 50th anniversary show.
Sept. 21, 2012, 11:09 a.m. CST
by Cotton Mcknight
THE BAN HAS BEEN LIFTED AND I AM BACK!!!!!!!! Think about it.
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Chats Up BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER / ED WOOD Icon (And Hollywood Royalty) Juliet Landau!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 356 total posts 329 posts
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 42 total posts 42 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 160 total posts 31 posts
- ‘We Got Six Bullets!!’ Sunday Brings WALKING DEAD 4.13!! -- 26 total posts 26 posts
- Hercules Says RESURRECTION Is Easily The Best Broadcast Pilot Of The 2013-14 Season And ABC’s Best Pilot In Years!! -- 14 total posts 14 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 66 total posts 12 posts
- Quint eats up Jon Favreau's CHEF, opening night flick of SXSW 2014! -- 38 total posts 10 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 262 total posts 9 posts
- SXSW 2014: Nordling Reviews NO NO: A DOCKUMENTARY! -- 10 total posts 5 posts
- TERMINATOR: GENESIS to be a sequel, reboot, and prequel all at the same time!?! -- 459 total posts 5 posts