The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day is fighting a powerful impulse to beat the hell out of you.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
Fantastic Fest is upon us. Exciting, stressful, super awesome times, indeed. Friends coming into town, much drunken geekery in store for the next week and a half, but don’t worry. I haven’t forgotten you lovely people.
If Hitchcock were still alive and making movies… well, one that would be a miracle… a super creepy miracle, and two, his new film would for sure be playing Fantastic Fest. Even if it’s an off film, like the one I’m featuring today.
Marnie’s not a bad film, don’t get me wrong, but it doesn’t quite carry the same verve as his other work in this time period. But then again, I’m the one guy who thinks The Trouble With Harry is way underappreciated, so what do I know?
Now enjoy this shot of Sean Connery flashing some leg while making a phone call on the set!
Thanks to Pat Barnett for this pic. Click to enlargen.
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There’s a dead chick in tomorrow’s pic as an ode to the beginning of Fantastic Fest.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 19, 2012, 8:11 a.m. CST
by B Arnold Quizzling
A great movie -- and Tippi too! Woohoo! And first, you sleepy fucks!
Sept. 19, 2012, 8:16 a.m. CST
You're not the only one who thinks "The Trouble With Harry" is vastly underappreciated. It's a delightful film, with a great cast, and some cool sight gags that have been reused in other movies for years. It's not my favorite Hitchcock, but it's up there.
Sept. 19, 2012, 8:46 a.m. CST
Sept. 19, 2012, 9:19 a.m. CST
by Christian Sylvain
It's not even the ongoing sexist victimization of Marnie, or the relationship between the two leads that let's the movie down. It's just too simple and straightforward a Hitchcock film. Not really much there in the way of direction and storytelling, compared to Hitchcock's other works. Granted, I haven't seen Marnie in years, but from what I can recall, it wasn't very memorable.
Sept. 19, 2012, 9:48 a.m. CST
anyone else's masterpiece of late. The dude's always got some idea baked into a scene, whether or not the film as a whole pans out (no pun intended). Check out Murder on Netflix Streaming; it's in HD and looks awesome!
Sept. 19, 2012, 10:54 a.m. CST
The Trouble with Harry IS an underappreciated gem and Marnie is disappointing. It's my mom's favorite Hitch movie and the only reason I can think why that might be is because Sir Sean is in it.
Sept. 19, 2012, 10:57 a.m. CST
of Marnie. Glad he got that out of his system. Otherwise we'd had gotten an explanation for the Necktie Murders...he didn't get enough love from his mum, or some such.
Sept. 19, 2012, 11:33 a.m. CST
by paul burnett
Sept. 19, 2012, 1:25 p.m. CST
Sept. 19, 2012, 2 p.m. CST
Is fantastic. Love the theme, the characters, and the scenery.
Sept. 19, 2012, 2:56 p.m. CST
*If Hitchcock were still alive and making movies… well, one that would be a miracle… a super creepy miracle*
How about a film about a legendary director's ghost haunting a movie studio? When the film crews and actors go home for the night, this ghostly director gathers other ghosts of dead stars from the area to make movies with while the living sleep. The film crew shows up the next day and sees that things have been moved around all over the place. The editor goes into his suite and finds new bits of film hanging up. When he plays it through his flatbed editing machine, he sees dead movie stars play across his view screen in a new film that he has no idea how it got made. More hijinks ensue when one of the ghostly movie stars from Hollywood's golden age decides to possess the body of a current and living movie star. A rampage of confused excess and hilarity follows across present day Hollywood. I guess it sounds a bit like The Purple Rose of Cairo meets The Sixth Sense.
Sept. 19, 2012, 9:56 p.m. CST
...but actually played Marnie's YOUNG whore mother, rolling around the floor with Bruce Dern in the climactic, gory flashback....
Sept. 20, 2012, 2:50 a.m. CST
And there are absolutely no consequences for his actions...
Sept. 20, 2012, 3:53 a.m. CST
by albert comin
Look at the size of that thing!
Sept. 20, 2012, 3:57 a.m. CST
by albert comin
A good movie is not dependent on the protagonists being nice people. Nothing wrong in loving a good movie that portaits a bunch of shitheads. The only bad thing would be if people would approve of the bad things the bad people do in the movie. There's a difference, you see?
Sept. 21, 2012, 2:49 a.m. CST
Thanks for the info, I am aware of this. However when this movie is discussed, the rape is either not discussed or not discussed as something that reflects badly on his character. That's what I am trying to highlight.
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 389 total posts 69 posts
- At Long Last, Our First Trailer For MAD MAX: FURY ROAD!! Official Vid Of Comic-Con Reel!! -- 490 total posts 39 posts
- SDCC '14: First footage of Batman vs Superman screens!!! Now w/ hi-res look at Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman!! -- 676 total posts 11 posts
- Full banner and character posters from AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON! -- 196 total posts 7 posts
- SDCC '14: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2 flying into our galaxy in July 2017! -- 88 total posts 7 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Luc Besson’s LUCY, MONTY PYTHON LIVE (MOSTLY), Tomorrow’s LEFTOVERS And The Latest STAR WARS, DC, MARVEL, LOUIE, 24, HBO & GAME OF THRONES News!! Plus The Return Of AICN’s Own Horrorella!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 270 total posts 5 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint checks out Marvel's Ant-Man panel and sees a nifty teaser sequence! -- 58 total posts 4 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen actual footage from George Miller's MAD MAX: FURY ROAD!!! -- 111 total posts 4 posts
- ‘You Have Failed This City!!’ When Atom Met ARROW!! 2.5 Minutes Of Season Three!! -- 39 total posts 3 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has a ton of photos and highlights from Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron panel! -- 97 total posts 2 posts