The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day is fighting a powerful impulse to beat the hell out of you.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
Fantastic Fest is upon us. Exciting, stressful, super awesome times, indeed. Friends coming into town, much drunken geekery in store for the next week and a half, but don’t worry. I haven’t forgotten you lovely people.
If Hitchcock were still alive and making movies… well, one that would be a miracle… a super creepy miracle, and two, his new film would for sure be playing Fantastic Fest. Even if it’s an off film, like the one I’m featuring today.
Marnie’s not a bad film, don’t get me wrong, but it doesn’t quite carry the same verve as his other work in this time period. But then again, I’m the one guy who thinks The Trouble With Harry is way underappreciated, so what do I know?
Now enjoy this shot of Sean Connery flashing some leg while making a phone call on the set!
Thanks to Pat Barnett for this pic. Click to enlargen.
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at email@example.com.
There’s a dead chick in tomorrow’s pic as an ode to the beginning of Fantastic Fest.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 19, 2012, 8:11 a.m. CST
by B Arnold Quizzling
A great movie -- and Tippi too! Woohoo! And first, you sleepy fucks!
Sept. 19, 2012, 8:16 a.m. CST
You're not the only one who thinks "The Trouble With Harry" is vastly underappreciated. It's a delightful film, with a great cast, and some cool sight gags that have been reused in other movies for years. It's not my favorite Hitchcock, but it's up there.
Sept. 19, 2012, 8:46 a.m. CST
Sept. 19, 2012, 9:19 a.m. CST
by Christian Sylvain
It's not even the ongoing sexist victimization of Marnie, or the relationship between the two leads that let's the movie down. It's just too simple and straightforward a Hitchcock film. Not really much there in the way of direction and storytelling, compared to Hitchcock's other works. Granted, I haven't seen Marnie in years, but from what I can recall, it wasn't very memorable.
Sept. 19, 2012, 9:48 a.m. CST
anyone else's masterpiece of late. The dude's always got some idea baked into a scene, whether or not the film as a whole pans out (no pun intended). Check out Murder on Netflix Streaming; it's in HD and looks awesome!
Sept. 19, 2012, 10:54 a.m. CST
The Trouble with Harry IS an underappreciated gem and Marnie is disappointing. It's my mom's favorite Hitch movie and the only reason I can think why that might be is because Sir Sean is in it.
Sept. 19, 2012, 10:57 a.m. CST
of Marnie. Glad he got that out of his system. Otherwise we'd had gotten an explanation for the Necktie Murders...he didn't get enough love from his mum, or some such.
Sept. 19, 2012, 11:33 a.m. CST
by paul burnett
Sept. 19, 2012, 1:25 p.m. CST
Sept. 19, 2012, 2 p.m. CST
Is fantastic. Love the theme, the characters, and the scenery.
Sept. 19, 2012, 2:56 p.m. CST
*If Hitchcock were still alive and making movies… well, one that would be a miracle… a super creepy miracle*
How about a film about a legendary director's ghost haunting a movie studio? When the film crews and actors go home for the night, this ghostly director gathers other ghosts of dead stars from the area to make movies with while the living sleep. The film crew shows up the next day and sees that things have been moved around all over the place. The editor goes into his suite and finds new bits of film hanging up. When he plays it through his flatbed editing machine, he sees dead movie stars play across his view screen in a new film that he has no idea how it got made. More hijinks ensue when one of the ghostly movie stars from Hollywood's golden age decides to possess the body of a current and living movie star. A rampage of confused excess and hilarity follows across present day Hollywood. I guess it sounds a bit like The Purple Rose of Cairo meets The Sixth Sense.
Sept. 19, 2012, 9:56 p.m. CST
...but actually played Marnie's YOUNG whore mother, rolling around the floor with Bruce Dern in the climactic, gory flashback....
Sept. 20, 2012, 2:50 a.m. CST
And there are absolutely no consequences for his actions...
Sept. 20, 2012, 3:53 a.m. CST
by albert comin
Look at the size of that thing!
Sept. 20, 2012, 3:57 a.m. CST
by albert comin
A good movie is not dependent on the protagonists being nice people. Nothing wrong in loving a good movie that portaits a bunch of shitheads. The only bad thing would be if people would approve of the bad things the bad people do in the movie. There's a difference, you see?
Sept. 21, 2012, 2:49 a.m. CST
Thanks for the info, I am aware of this. However when this movie is discussed, the rape is either not discussed or not discussed as something that reflects badly on his character. That's what I am trying to highlight.
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 50 total posts 25 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 534 total posts 11 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 51 total posts 7 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 163 total posts 6 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 349 total posts 2 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 145 total posts 2 posts
- In Many Ways We Need Each Other!! Graham & Lecter Reform Their Crimefighting Team On HANNIBAL!! New WHOSE, FIVE-0, BLOODS, UNFORGETTABLE, DIXIE, GUNS, LAST & SMACKDOWN!! Return Of THE WRITERS’ ROOM!! HANGER 1 Finale!! Shatner On CRAIG!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 22 total posts 2 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 204 total posts 1 post
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 6 total posts 1 post
THE LATE SHOW WITH
1993-2015 -- 425 total posts 1 post