What're The Perks Of Living In South Florida?? Tickets To An Advance Screening Of THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER!!
The Kidd here...
A couple weeks back, I got a chance to catch THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER, Stephen Chbosky's adaptation of his own novel about a teenager really trying to find his place in the world during high school, while aiming to overcome quite a few emotionally traumatic experienes. It's an extremely heartfelt film that is sure to speak to anyone who who felt on the fringe of the high school population - always feeling different or that you didn't belong, because of what you liked, who you were friends with or ultimately who you were. I dug it dso much that I managed to secure some reserved seats for our Ain't It Cool readers down in South Florida for an advance screening of PERKS.
I've got 40 guaranteed seats at the Regal South Beach Stadium 18 on Monday, September 24, for a 7:30 p.m. showtime. This isn't an Ain't It Cool News exclusive, but we'll have seats reserved for our winners, which will be held for you right up until 15 minutes before, so, if you make the cut on this one, you're absolutely in to see THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER, provided you show up on time.
So what do you have to do to find yourself inside the theatre for this solid flick?
Here's what I need from you.
An answer to the following question - What is your favorite movie about teenagers in high school of all-time, and why? - in 100 words or less.
As the entries come pouring in, they'll be judged on their own merit. Once enough good quality entries fill out all our seats, I'm closing up shop on this contest, and winners will be notified by email and posted up on the site.
In the body of the email, send your name (along with whether or not you'll be bringing a guest - you can have ONE if you please) and answer to Contests@AintItCool.com with the following subject line exactly (in all CAPS):
I'LL TAKE THE PERKS
If you're missing any of the information I'm asking for, then it's as if you don't even have an entry, no matter how good it may have been.
If you're not sure if you're going to be able to make it though, it's quite simple - don't enter. If you don't think you can get out of work early enough, or if you have class, homework, chores, scheduled surgery, an unreliable car, prior engagements or previous commitments that may prevent you from attending this screening, don't try to win only to let these seats go to waste. We've been having far too many no-shows lately, so if you decide you're not going to go in the event you do win tickets, don't worry about playing again in the future. You're going on my Black List forever and ever.
Thanks to Summit Entertainment for setting this up with us, and good luck to you.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 16, 2012, 12:08 p.m. CST
Skin cancer? Being amongst the dumbest, most racist people in the United States? Shall I go on?
Sept. 16, 2012, 12:16 p.m. CST
by Wacky Packages
Sept. 16, 2012, 2:18 p.m. CST
Sept. 16, 2012, 2:23 p.m. CST
by Tigger Tales
is coming soon
Sept. 16, 2012, 3:48 p.m. CST
Dude on poster would probably have an easier time at school if he stopped shooting people with arrows
Sept. 17, 2012, 8:48 a.m. CST
Because my f'n house. Yay.
- First Trailer for EDGE OF TOMORROW, Starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt! -- 331 total posts 75 posts
- I'd watch Simon Pegg and Monty Python in ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING! -- 84 total posts 38 posts
- Is Jason Clarke Our New John Connor? -- 231 total posts 38 posts
- Butters-centric SOUTH PARK Season Finale!! Final Wednesday SURVIVOR!! The Final CSI, MINDS, ARROW & TOMORROW PEOPLE Of 2013!! New MOB, MODERN, MIDDLE, NASHVILLE, SING OFF, BURNING LOVE, GIRL CODE, AHS, X, SOUP, PICKERS!! Whitford On KIMMEL!! Cumberbatch & Takei On CONAN!! Herc’s Wednesday TV Talkback!! -- 62 total posts 32 posts
- THE PURGE 2 to be headed up by Frank Grillo! -- 58 total posts 30 posts
- Peter Jackson Says Hobbitses Stalled His TINTIN Sequel - But... -- 25 total posts 25 posts
- DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES Teaser Posters Portend The Arrival Of Next Week's Trailer!! -- 160 total posts 24 posts
- Our First Sense Of Uni's FAST AND THE FURIOUS 7 Strategy?? -- 148 total posts 22 posts
- A Poster For The Badass Looking GODZILLA!! -- 167 total posts 20 posts
- Samuel L. Jackson in Talks for David Yates' TARZAN! -- 114 total posts 19 posts