I guess some like it hot. The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day personally prefers classical music.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
I recently picked up Some Like It Hot on Blu-Ray. It’s definitely time for a revisit, especially in high def.
Billy Wilder was kind of at his zenith when he made this picture. Consider that Some Like It Hot fell between Witness for the Prosecution and The Apartment. Jesus Christ, what a triple threat. I mean, this guy had a helluva run from Double Indemnity all the way through to 1970’s The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes with nary a crappy movie in the 25 year between the two. There’s hardly even a low point… great, now I want to have a Billy Wilder-a-thon now. Thanks.
So, here’s a great image from Some Like It Hot featuring the gorgeous Marilyn Monroe and fabulous Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon in drag. I love the face Lemmon is pulling here. Damn, I miss that guy.
Thanks to Pat Barnett for sending this one along! Click to enlargen.
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at email@example.com.
Tomorrow’s pic caught and killed a large predator.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 13, 2012, 1:11 p.m. CST
I was pleasantly impressed.
Sept. 13, 2012, 1:23 p.m. CST
all the mindless cunts put on facebook. thanks quint.
Sept. 13, 2012, 1:24 p.m. CST
Sept. 13, 2012, 1:33 p.m. CST
by You Have MY Voice
Bring it on.
Sept. 13, 2012, 1:36 p.m. CST
I love it. Dumb and Dumber is my number two though, so what do I know!
Sept. 13, 2012, 1:42 p.m. CST
by Hoots Mon
My favourite film.
Sept. 13, 2012, 1:43 p.m. CST
I've got to say The Fortune Cookie is my favorite, edging out the more popular Odd Couple. And whats not to love about a comedy about an insurance scam?
Sept. 13, 2012, 1:47 p.m. CST
....and Marilyn Monroe...is a stunner in black Or white. -- End of Line --
Sept. 13, 2012, 1:54 p.m. CST
I've got a friend who teaches a high school film course. He shows lots and lots of classics to the kids, so I asked him, by the end of the year, which classic movies do the kids enjoy the most. He says, consistently year after year, their choice is Some Like It Hot. Some things never get old. Like men dressing in women's clothing. It's just always funny. Anyway, what a fun movie.
Sept. 13, 2012, 1:55 p.m. CST
Lookit the size of that chin!
Sept. 13, 2012, 2:04 p.m. CST
Sept. 13, 2012, 2:18 p.m. CST
nobody, that's who.
Sept. 13, 2012, 2:22 p.m. CST
and I loved it. It's one of those movies you kick yourself for not seeing sooner. And yeah...Jack Lemon...one of the best ever. I didn't know much about Monroe either...but I dare you to watch this movie and not fall in love with the lady.
Sept. 13, 2012, 2:57 p.m. CST
by angry kitty
Matthau & Lemmon still had great comedic timing. Those guys play off each other so well. Catfish hunter!!
Sept. 13, 2012, 3:38 p.m. CST
Sept. 13, 2012, 3:54 p.m. CST
Sept. 13, 2012, 4:07 p.m. CST
Love Witness for the Prosecution....Charles Laughton is great (as well as his wife, playing his wife)
Sept. 13, 2012, 4:08 p.m. CST
Sept. 13, 2012, 4:11 p.m. CST
And if you're wondering, she's the great Elsa Lanchester, yes, Bride of Frankenstein. Then throw in Marlene Dietrich and Tyrone Power. Did I mention that I love Witness for the Prosecution?
Sept. 13, 2012, 8:42 p.m. CST
by duke of url
sound's like you got some catching up to do son... netflix THIS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PJ-BzXAN1c&list=LPLxI8fPOHx3s&index=1&feature=plcp
Sept. 13, 2012, 8:47 p.m. CST
by duke of url
i can feel it... i can feel it....
Sept. 14, 2012, 1:50 a.m. CST
in all manner of ways. This picture is a real gem, and Lemmon and Curtis bounce off each other with tremendous energy. When Monroe - as good as she is - comes between them, she always feels lost. Jack Lemmon was an astonishing actor and managed to fuse pathos and comedy together effortlessly. Actually, without sounding too gushing the man was a genius. Every movie the man starred in he brought something new to the table: "The Apartment", "Days Of Wine And Roses", "Dad", "Short Cuts" - and my personal favorite, "Glengarry Glen Ross": A masterclass in how you sweep the floor with your fellow actors in an ensemble piece...The man that made monologues gripping stuff.
Sept. 14, 2012, 9:10 a.m. CST
by Tom F
...does Tony Curtis look like Eve Arden in this picture?
Sept. 14, 2012, 6:50 p.m. CST
by Chase Kimball
So when you say Wilder never had a dud, I am guessing you really mean is that Wilder never had a dud except for "Buddy Buddy."
- Nordling Reviews STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS! Spoilers Abound! You Are Warned! -- 948 total posts 716 posts
- UPDATE The Friday Docback Calls 'The Name of the Doctor'!! DOCTOR WHO's S7 Finale Arrives This Weekend!! Now With Glen's Ultra-Brief, SPOILER FREE MiniReview!! -- 237 total posts 172 posts
- Hey! Fat Face! Here's The New Teaser To ANCHORMAN: THE LEGEND CONTINUES! -- 154 total posts 154 posts
- The big screen adaptation of ASSASSIN'S CREED has been given a release date!!! -- 161 total posts 147 posts
- Mr. Beaks Reviews STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS! -- 1169 total posts 110 posts
- Harry gets seriously geeky on the very geeky cool STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS! Can't wait for the next one! & See this again! -- 1455 total posts 108 posts
- Capone reviews STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS and considers the art of messing with canon and why it doesn't bother him!!! -- 494 total posts 102 posts
- Harry dives into STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS' spoilers to reveal the truth behind the blockbuster we're seeing! -- 87 total posts 87 posts
- AVENGERS 2 might be filming in SOUTH AFRICA, does this mean that Black Panther is going to be a part of the action!?! -- 330 total posts 84 posts
- Here's A Behind-The-Scenes Look At MAN OF STEEL With New Footage! Also... Is Supergirl In The Prequel Comic? -- 61 total posts 61 posts