I guess some like it hot. The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day personally prefers classical music.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
I recently picked up Some Like It Hot on Blu-Ray. It’s definitely time for a revisit, especially in high def.
Billy Wilder was kind of at his zenith when he made this picture. Consider that Some Like It Hot fell between Witness for the Prosecution and The Apartment. Jesus Christ, what a triple threat. I mean, this guy had a helluva run from Double Indemnity all the way through to 1970’s The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes with nary a crappy movie in the 25 year between the two. There’s hardly even a low point… great, now I want to have a Billy Wilder-a-thon now. Thanks.
So, here’s a great image from Some Like It Hot featuring the gorgeous Marilyn Monroe and fabulous Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon in drag. I love the face Lemmon is pulling here. Damn, I miss that guy.
Thanks to Pat Barnett for sending this one along! Click to enlargen.
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tomorrow’s pic caught and killed a large predator.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 13, 2012, 1:11 p.m. CST
I was pleasantly impressed.
Sept. 13, 2012, 1:23 p.m. CST
all the mindless cunts put on facebook. thanks quint.
Sept. 13, 2012, 1:24 p.m. CST
Sept. 13, 2012, 1:33 p.m. CST
by You Have MY Voice
Bring it on.
Sept. 13, 2012, 1:36 p.m. CST
I love it. Dumb and Dumber is my number two though, so what do I know!
Sept. 13, 2012, 1:42 p.m. CST
by Hoots Mon
My favourite film.
Sept. 13, 2012, 1:43 p.m. CST
I've got to say The Fortune Cookie is my favorite, edging out the more popular Odd Couple. And whats not to love about a comedy about an insurance scam?
Sept. 13, 2012, 1:47 p.m. CST
....and Marilyn Monroe...is a stunner in black Or white. -- End of Line --
Sept. 13, 2012, 1:54 p.m. CST
I've got a friend who teaches a high school film course. He shows lots and lots of classics to the kids, so I asked him, by the end of the year, which classic movies do the kids enjoy the most. He says, consistently year after year, their choice is Some Like It Hot. Some things never get old. Like men dressing in women's clothing. It's just always funny. Anyway, what a fun movie.
Sept. 13, 2012, 1:55 p.m. CST
Lookit the size of that chin!
Sept. 13, 2012, 2:04 p.m. CST
Sept. 13, 2012, 2:18 p.m. CST
nobody, that's who.
Sept. 13, 2012, 2:22 p.m. CST
and I loved it. It's one of those movies you kick yourself for not seeing sooner. And yeah...Jack Lemon...one of the best ever. I didn't know much about Monroe either...but I dare you to watch this movie and not fall in love with the lady.
Sept. 13, 2012, 2:57 p.m. CST
by angry kitty
Matthau & Lemmon still had great comedic timing. Those guys play off each other so well. Catfish hunter!!
Sept. 13, 2012, 3:38 p.m. CST
Sept. 13, 2012, 3:54 p.m. CST
Sept. 13, 2012, 4:07 p.m. CST
Love Witness for the Prosecution....Charles Laughton is great (as well as his wife, playing his wife)
Sept. 13, 2012, 4:08 p.m. CST
Sept. 13, 2012, 4:11 p.m. CST
And if you're wondering, she's the great Elsa Lanchester, yes, Bride of Frankenstein. Then throw in Marlene Dietrich and Tyrone Power. Did I mention that I love Witness for the Prosecution?
Sept. 13, 2012, 8:42 p.m. CST
by duke of url
sound's like you got some catching up to do son... netflix THIS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PJ-BzXAN1c&list=LPLxI8fPOHx3s&index=1&feature=plcp
Sept. 13, 2012, 8:47 p.m. CST
by duke of url
i can feel it... i can feel it....
Sept. 14, 2012, 1:50 a.m. CST
in all manner of ways. This picture is a real gem, and Lemmon and Curtis bounce off each other with tremendous energy. When Monroe - as good as she is - comes between them, she always feels lost. Jack Lemmon was an astonishing actor and managed to fuse pathos and comedy together effortlessly. Actually, without sounding too gushing the man was a genius. Every movie the man starred in he brought something new to the table: "The Apartment", "Days Of Wine And Roses", "Dad", "Short Cuts" - and my personal favorite, "Glengarry Glen Ross": A masterclass in how you sweep the floor with your fellow actors in an ensemble piece...The man that made monologues gripping stuff.
Sept. 14, 2012, 9:10 a.m. CST
by Tom F
...does Tony Curtis look like Eve Arden in this picture?
Sept. 14, 2012, 6:50 p.m. CST
by Chase Kimball
So when you say Wilder never had a dud, I am guessing you really mean is that Wilder never had a dud except for "Buddy Buddy."
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 59 total posts 59 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 106 total posts 29 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 277 total posts 21 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 512 total posts 15 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 35 total posts 12 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 22 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 333 total posts 4 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 11 total posts 3 posts