Lionsgate finally gives You're Next a release date!
I loved the film, as did almost every other horror fan I know that has seen it. It doesn't forget to bring fun to what could be just a dour premise.
So, it's great that Lionsgate has finally settled on a release date, the sad part is that it's August 23rd, 2013.
I totally understand that genre does better in the Fall and it's too late to mount a campaign for this year, but I would have rather seen them put it out in January. I know January has a reputation as being a dump month, that post-holiday lull where the studios clean house and release the leftovers essentially, but in recent years it's actually proving to be a fertile month to release edgier material. The Grey cleaned up in January of this year, as did The Devil Inside.
I can see January becoming an interesting new release month in the near future.
But I get it. Horror does better closer to Halloween. I'm not crying, I've seen the damn thing, but I feel bad for those that have to wait almost another full year after hearing about it for so long.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 13, 2012, 12:37 p.m. CST
Sept. 13, 2012, 1:14 p.m. CST
Sept. 13, 2012, 3:06 p.m. CST
Sept. 13, 2012, 3:29 p.m. CST
Sept. 13, 2012, 4:11 p.m. CST
Sept. 13, 2012, 4:20 p.m. CST
Sept. 13, 2012, 4:46 p.m. CST
by Nasty In The Pasty
Sept. 13, 2012, 5:08 p.m. CST
Told me how he got into producing. Made it sound like a hard scrabble story. Completely left out the part of his dad being a billionaire. Hey, dude, that's a pretty important of your life story! (Also: You were kind of a douche)
Sept. 13, 2012, 6:04 p.m. CST
Sept. 13, 2012, 7:34 p.m. CST
What the fuck are they waiting for? Do Lionsgate have that much of a packed schedule they have to wait that long? There's no other film they can shift to squeeze this in earlier? By all accounts this thing is a ball tearer, and they're sitting on it that long? yeesh. When the hell are we going to get to see it here in Australia?? We got Cabin in late August, on like, 3 screens and it's still not on video. well, hopefully they can get behind some sort of marketing campaign to make this successful. I guess i should be greatful that Lionsgate have it - at least they're capable of marketing.
Sept. 14, 2012, 3:31 p.m. CST
Is there a preview or anything for this movie yet? I want to read more about it, but so far the "official site' is a bare tumblr page.
Sept. 14, 2012, 3:54 p.m. CST
by ass clown
As much as giant hamsters intrigue me and creep me out ever so slightly, I think I need more than that one shot to get me to a theater. This movie is already dramatically handicapped as Lionsgate is distributing it. About one of every 50 Lionsgate movies turn out to have been a good idea.
- Rumor Has It Another Character Is Returning To STAR WARS... -- 270 total posts 270 posts
- Take A ‘Deep Breath’ - The DOCTOR WHO S8 Weekend Docbacks Begin Now!! -- 244 total posts 135 posts
- Matthew McConaughey as Randall Flag in THE STAND?!! -- 256 total posts 128 posts
- Harry may be crazy about SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR - but so may you -- 114 total posts 114 posts
- ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Season Premiere Of DOCTOR WHO And Asks: Why Is It So Terrible?? -- 207 total posts 42 posts
- Get A Grip On Denzel Washington’s EQUALIZER!! -- 132 total posts 22 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for AMITYVILLE: THE AWAKENING! -- 20 total posts 20 posts
- Quint sits down with Frank Miller to talk a little about Sin City: A Dame To Kill For! -- 179 total posts 20 posts
- An Andrew Dominik-written, Justin Lin-directed SHAOLIN TEMPLE remake is in the works! -- 36 total posts 13 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 398 total posts 12 posts