Lionsgate finally gives You're Next a release date!
I loved the film, as did almost every other horror fan I know that has seen it. It doesn't forget to bring fun to what could be just a dour premise.
So, it's great that Lionsgate has finally settled on a release date, the sad part is that it's August 23rd, 2013.
I totally understand that genre does better in the Fall and it's too late to mount a campaign for this year, but I would have rather seen them put it out in January. I know January has a reputation as being a dump month, that post-holiday lull where the studios clean house and release the leftovers essentially, but in recent years it's actually proving to be a fertile month to release edgier material. The Grey cleaned up in January of this year, as did The Devil Inside.
I can see January becoming an interesting new release month in the near future.
But I get it. Horror does better closer to Halloween. I'm not crying, I've seen the damn thing, but I feel bad for those that have to wait almost another full year after hearing about it for so long.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 13, 2012, 12:37 p.m. CST
Sept. 13, 2012, 1:14 p.m. CST
Sept. 13, 2012, 3:06 p.m. CST
Sept. 13, 2012, 3:29 p.m. CST
Sept. 13, 2012, 4:11 p.m. CST
Sept. 13, 2012, 4:20 p.m. CST
Sept. 13, 2012, 4:46 p.m. CST
by Nasty In The Pasty
Sept. 13, 2012, 5:08 p.m. CST
Told me how he got into producing. Made it sound like a hard scrabble story. Completely left out the part of his dad being a billionaire. Hey, dude, that's a pretty important of your life story! (Also: You were kind of a douche)
Sept. 13, 2012, 6:04 p.m. CST
Sept. 13, 2012, 7:34 p.m. CST
What the fuck are they waiting for? Do Lionsgate have that much of a packed schedule they have to wait that long? There's no other film they can shift to squeeze this in earlier? By all accounts this thing is a ball tearer, and they're sitting on it that long? yeesh. When the hell are we going to get to see it here in Australia?? We got Cabin in late August, on like, 3 screens and it's still not on video. well, hopefully they can get behind some sort of marketing campaign to make this successful. I guess i should be greatful that Lionsgate have it - at least they're capable of marketing.
Sept. 14, 2012, 3:31 p.m. CST
Is there a preview or anything for this movie yet? I want to read more about it, but so far the "official site' is a bare tumblr page.
Sept. 14, 2012, 3:54 p.m. CST
by ass clown
As much as giant hamsters intrigue me and creep me out ever so slightly, I think I need more than that one shot to get me to a theater. This movie is already dramatically handicapped as Lionsgate is distributing it. About one of every 50 Lionsgate movies turn out to have been a good idea.
- Capone believes that FAST & FURIOUS 6 is the best in a bizarre, crowded franchise!!! -- 118 total posts 52 posts
- Spoilery early review of MAN OF STEEL!! -- 450 total posts 32 posts
- Beware Epileptics - we have a new motion poster for the upcoming remake of CARRIE! -- 91 total posts 31 posts
- New trailer for Casey Affleck and Rooney Mara's upcoming western, AIN'T THEM BODIES SAINTS!! -- 65 total posts 24 posts
- The Friday Docback Revisits DOCTOR WHO Season 7!! A Fuller Review Of 'The Name of the Doctor,' And More!! -- 95 total posts 20 posts
HERCULES ON THE RADIO!!
Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks About The New WOLVERINE Trailer, Soderbergh’s CANDELABBRA, FURIOUS 6, HANGOVER III, EPIC, GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN And More!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT/11pm ET!! -- 18 total posts 18 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 217 total posts 17 posts
- Capone makes the case that THE HANGOVER PART III is neither a comedy nor a movie!!! -- 76 total posts 17 posts
- Harry dives into STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS' spoilers to reveal the truth behind the blockbuster we're seeing! -- 1488 total posts 17 posts
- Capone says the stunning 3-D visuals elevate the standard-issue plot of EPIC!!! -- 44 total posts 17 posts