UPDATED WITH NEW CLIP!!
The BBC Releases 24 Exciting Images From DOCTOR WHO’s Nearly Here Old West Adventure A TOWN CALLED MERCY!!
In this Saturday’s installment, The Doctor turns sheriff to defend the Old West town of Mercy from an ornery borg!
Find loads more imagery here.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 12, 2012, 5:54 a.m. CST
by Fart Magnus
Can I be stopped?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!
Sept. 12, 2012, 5:56 a.m. CST
by Fart Magnus
......I stopped watching this shit almost two years ago. For all its splash and colour, give me the old serialized version with cardboard walls bad blue screen.
Sept. 12, 2012, 6:16 a.m. CST
A show about the Old West? The Doctor in a Stetson again? Count me in. One can only hope that the episode will be brilliant. The last episode was fun, but a sort of empty, fluffy, turn your brain off kind of enjoyable. Also, I find it amusing that Moffat's making a running joke of Americans being shoot first/ask later types. First with TIA, and now with ATCM. Now, if we could only continue the running joke with bananas. . .
Sept. 12, 2012, 6:17 a.m. CST
and has an even better Mustache than the one he had in star wars
Sept. 12, 2012, 6:47 a.m. CST
I have no intention of trying anything. Only people keep giving me guns, and do I wish they wouldn't...
Just no Ballad of the Last Chance Saloon this time, eh?
Sept. 12, 2012, 8:50 a.m. CST
Looks like Venture from the Spider-Man 2099 comic series from back in the early 1990's. Excellent!
Sept. 12, 2012, 9:37 a.m. CST
Can you say Gunmen of the Apocalypse!
Sept. 12, 2012, 10:13 a.m. CST
by Royston Lodge
Sept. 12, 2012, 10:55 a.m. CST
Is it supposed to be a twist that he plays the sheriff and the cyborg? Are they one in the same or something? Or are they two totally separate characters. Or is there timey wimey stuff going on.... Or is the cyborg some kind of clone... All I know for sure is that it's going to be awesome.
Sept. 12, 2012, 11:27 a.m. CST
Sept. 12, 2012, 12:04 p.m. CST
by Red Ned Lynch
...the original Battlestar Galactica had an episode with a Cylon gunfighter on an old west planet. Think it was Apollo had to tame that rusty cur. Of course Star Trek actually pulled in the Earp boys and Doc Holliday when they went a westerning. Here's hoping Who does it better.
Sept. 12, 2012, 12:52 p.m. CST
Sept. 12, 2012, 12:54 p.m. CST
Sept. 12, 2012, 2:26 p.m. CST
by Michael Lunney
Sept. 12, 2012, 2:41 p.m. CST
Will other lingering unanswered questions ever be answered?
Sept. 12, 2012, 6:05 p.m. CST
Amy = Daphne River = Velma Rory = Fred Doc = Scooby Brian = Shaggy Except that Scooby is getting it on with Velma and instead of the bad guy pulling off his mask and saying he would have got away with it if it wasn't for you pesky kids, he says ~What pesky kids? I don't remember any pesky kids.~.
Sept. 12, 2012, 10:20 p.m. CST
Let's hope the cyborg isn't killed in the end like the last promising baddie from the Dino episode.
Sept. 13, 2012, 9:04 a.m. CST
That was explained at the time it was happening. River basically caused it by trying to "ram" the TARDIS out of a loop. That was part of the paradox: the Alliance imprisoned the Doctor to prevent him from blowing up the TARDIS, but the TARDIS only blew up because the DOCTOR was not there to fly her.
Sept. 13, 2012, 9:06 a.m. CST
.... or at about the same time. However, it's pretty improbable that either production crew knew about the other one. Doctor Who was not shown in the States until the 1970's, and Star Trek didn't start in the UK until the Pertwee era. (It ran during Doctor Who's summer break in the same time slot.)
Sept. 13, 2012, 10:09 a.m. CST
There's no evidence that River caused the explosion and still less that Big Bang 2 occurred because the Doc wasn't flying the blue box. And then there's the ~Silence Will Fall~ voice which seems to have a lot to do with what caused the explosion. If you can puzzle out whose voice that is or what it actually means you're doing better than the rest of us ...
Sept. 13, 2012, 12:19 p.m. CST
Sept. 13, 2012, 3:57 p.m. CST
He's been quite the executioner in the first two episodes. I know he's supposed to have a darkside but between that group of daleks he was directly involved in blowing up and the guy from last week it seems really out of character for him.
- Who wants to see one of GODZILLA's opponents from the new film!?! (In toy form) -- 209 total posts 49 posts
- Robin Williams May Return As Mrs. Doubtfire! -- 90 total posts 41 posts
- Denzel Washington Walks In The Middle Of The Street In THE EQUALIZER Teaser Poster! -- 50 total posts 20 posts
- There's some cross-promotion going on in the credits of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2, and it's not hinting at what you think! -- 65 total posts 20 posts
- Set photos from the set of STAR WARS EPISODE VII in Abu Dhabi?! What's that big round disc they're rolling around?? -- 175 total posts 16 posts
- 3rd Official X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST trailer hits - and it is a big one!!! -- 507 total posts 11 posts
- Re-Revised X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Casting Re-Adds A Mutant!! -- 127 total posts 8 posts
- This nifty teaser for Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO hints at some freaky stuff going on in the Amazon! -- 74 total posts 6 posts
- Trailer for IF I STAY, Starring Chloe Grace Moretz! -- 61 total posts 6 posts
- "Alright boys, it's Howdy-Doody time!" Michael C. Hall, Sam Shepard, and Don Johnson do the southern noir thing in this COLD IN JULY trailer! -- 26 total posts 4 posts