UPDATED WITH NEW CLIP!!
The BBC Releases 24 Exciting Images From DOCTOR WHO’s Nearly Here Old West Adventure A TOWN CALLED MERCY!!
In this Saturday’s installment, The Doctor turns sheriff to defend the Old West town of Mercy from an ornery borg!
Find loads more imagery here.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 12, 2012, 5:54 a.m. CST
by Fart Magnus
Can I be stopped?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!
Sept. 12, 2012, 5:56 a.m. CST
by Fart Magnus
......I stopped watching this shit almost two years ago. For all its splash and colour, give me the old serialized version with cardboard walls bad blue screen.
Sept. 12, 2012, 6:16 a.m. CST
A show about the Old West? The Doctor in a Stetson again? Count me in. One can only hope that the episode will be brilliant. The last episode was fun, but a sort of empty, fluffy, turn your brain off kind of enjoyable. Also, I find it amusing that Moffat's making a running joke of Americans being shoot first/ask later types. First with TIA, and now with ATCM. Now, if we could only continue the running joke with bananas. . .
Sept. 12, 2012, 6:17 a.m. CST
and has an even better Mustache than the one he had in star wars
Sept. 12, 2012, 6:47 a.m. CST
I have no intention of trying anything. Only people keep giving me guns, and do I wish they wouldn't...
Just no Ballad of the Last Chance Saloon this time, eh?
Sept. 12, 2012, 8:50 a.m. CST
Looks like Venture from the Spider-Man 2099 comic series from back in the early 1990's. Excellent!
Sept. 12, 2012, 9:37 a.m. CST
Can you say Gunmen of the Apocalypse!
Sept. 12, 2012, 10:13 a.m. CST
by Royston Lodge
Sept. 12, 2012, 10:55 a.m. CST
Is it supposed to be a twist that he plays the sheriff and the cyborg? Are they one in the same or something? Or are they two totally separate characters. Or is there timey wimey stuff going on.... Or is the cyborg some kind of clone... All I know for sure is that it's going to be awesome.
Sept. 12, 2012, 11:27 a.m. CST
Sept. 12, 2012, 12:04 p.m. CST
by Red Ned Lynch
...the original Battlestar Galactica had an episode with a Cylon gunfighter on an old west planet. Think it was Apollo had to tame that rusty cur. Of course Star Trek actually pulled in the Earp boys and Doc Holliday when they went a westerning. Here's hoping Who does it better.
Sept. 12, 2012, 12:52 p.m. CST
Sept. 12, 2012, 12:54 p.m. CST
Sept. 12, 2012, 2:26 p.m. CST
by Michael Lunney
Sept. 12, 2012, 2:41 p.m. CST
Will other lingering unanswered questions ever be answered?
Sept. 12, 2012, 6:05 p.m. CST
Amy = Daphne River = Velma Rory = Fred Doc = Scooby Brian = Shaggy Except that Scooby is getting it on with Velma and instead of the bad guy pulling off his mask and saying he would have got away with it if it wasn't for you pesky kids, he says ~What pesky kids? I don't remember any pesky kids.~.
Sept. 12, 2012, 10:20 p.m. CST
Let's hope the cyborg isn't killed in the end like the last promising baddie from the Dino episode.
Sept. 13, 2012, 9:04 a.m. CST
That was explained at the time it was happening. River basically caused it by trying to "ram" the TARDIS out of a loop. That was part of the paradox: the Alliance imprisoned the Doctor to prevent him from blowing up the TARDIS, but the TARDIS only blew up because the DOCTOR was not there to fly her.
Sept. 13, 2012, 9:06 a.m. CST
.... or at about the same time. However, it's pretty improbable that either production crew knew about the other one. Doctor Who was not shown in the States until the 1970's, and Star Trek didn't start in the UK until the Pertwee era. (It ran during Doctor Who's summer break in the same time slot.)
Sept. 13, 2012, 10:09 a.m. CST
There's no evidence that River caused the explosion and still less that Big Bang 2 occurred because the Doc wasn't flying the blue box. And then there's the ~Silence Will Fall~ voice which seems to have a lot to do with what caused the explosion. If you can puzzle out whose voice that is or what it actually means you're doing better than the rest of us ...
Sept. 13, 2012, 12:19 p.m. CST
Sept. 13, 2012, 3:57 p.m. CST
He's been quite the executioner in the first two episodes. I know he's supposed to have a darkside but between that group of daleks he was directly involved in blowing up and the guy from last week it seems really out of character for him.
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 685 total posts 62 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 406 total posts 40 posts
- WALKING DEAD!! BOARDWALK EMPIRE!! AGENTS OF SHIELD!! STAR WARS REBELS!! SOUTH PARK!! NEW GIRL!! HOMELAND!! GOTHAM!! FLASH!! SURVIVOR!! RESURRECTION!! PARENTHOOD!! BURGERS!! BLACKLIST!! BANG!! VOICE!! SLEEPY!! PERSON!! UTOPIA!! ANARCHY!! Z!! More Than 200 Autumn Premiere Dates!! -- 43 total posts 26 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 360 total posts 25 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 212 total posts 21 posts
- A New Clip From STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 15 total posts 15 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 13 total posts 13 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 360 total posts 13 posts
- Fantastic Fest 2014 Trailer Wave Part 2! -- 18 total posts 10 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 318 total posts 9 posts