South Florida - The Kidd's Got Your Six With Tickets To An Advance Screening Of END OF WATCH!!
The Kidd here...
I think a lot of you are going to be surprised by how good END OF WATCH is. Hell, I was. The new film from David Ayer really gives you an intense look at what a pair of regular beat cops (Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Peña) go through on a daily basis deep in the heart of gang territory out in L.A. This really is a fantastic film that I've had the pleasure of seeing twice already... well, the third time will be the real charm, because I'm bringing a bunch of you with me to check out an advance screening of END OF WATCH down here in South Florida.
I've got 50 guaranteed seats at the AMC Sunset Place 24 on Tuesday, September 18, for a 7:30 p.m. showtime. This isn't an Ain't It Cool News exclusive, but we'll have seats reserved for our winners, which will be held for you right up until 15 minutes before, so, if you make the cut on this one, you're absolutely in to see END OF WATCH, provided you show up on time.
So what do you have to do to find yourself inside the theatre for this solid flick?
Here's what I need from you.
An answer to the following question - What is your favorite cop movie of all-time, and why? - in 100 words or less.
As the entries come pouring in, they'll be judged on their own merit. Once enough good quality entries fill out all our seats, I'm closing up shop on this contest, and winners will be notified by email and posted up on the site.
In the body of the email, send your name (along with whether or not you'll be bringing a guest - you can have ONE if you please) and answer to Contests@AintItCool.com with the following subject line exactly (in all CAPS):
WATCH YOUR SIX
If you're missing any of the information I'm asking for, then it's as if you don't even have an entry, no matter how good it may have been.
If you're not sure if you're going to be able to make it though, it's quite simple - don't enter. If you don't think you can get out of work early enough, or if you have class, homework, chores, scheduled surgery, an unreliable car, prior engagements or previous commitments that may prevent you from attending this screening, don't try to win only to let these seats go to waste. We've been having far too many no-shows lately, so if you decide you're not going to go in the event you do win tickets, don't worry about playing again in the future. You're going on my Black List forever and ever.
Thanks to Open Road Films for setting this up with us, and good luck to you.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 11, 2012, 9:04 a.m. CST
by Ultron ver 2.0
Sept. 11, 2012, 9:23 a.m. CST
Sept. 11, 2012, 10:39 a.m. CST
Also: The French Connection Seven Sleeper Alert: To Live and Die in LA
Sept. 11, 2012, 10:52 a.m. CST
Sept. 11, 2012, 11:53 a.m. CST
L.A. Confidential Police Academy 4:Citizens on Patrol Nighthawks(pretty much anything in NYC in 70's or early 80's that took place in a grey, freezing cold sludge winter) Good call on To Live and Die in LA
Sept. 11, 2012, 1:26 p.m. CST
Guess who! *Wink wink*
Sept. 11, 2012, 1:32 p.m. CST
Personally, I would put Die Hard in the straight up action film category (and then quite possibly rank it as the greatest action film of all time with “Lethal Weapon” as a close second). Of course, then I would need to move Lethal Weapon into the number one spot in its own “Buddy Cop” genre. Then, you’d have to go with the “comedy-drama” sub-category for “Buddy Cops” and nominate both 48 hours and Beverly Hills cop (which only becomes a member of the Buddy cop sub-genre during the 2nd half of the film). Then “Buddy Cop Full on Comedy” with the likes of Hot Fuzz. I am possibly over-thinking this….
Sept. 11, 2012, 3:36 p.m. CST
by Bill C.
I'm thinking there needs to be more love for the police films from the black-and-white era...albeit I'm not sure how many there are that don't bleed over into straight noir...
Sept. 11, 2012, 5:44 p.m. CST
by milla jovovich
Somebody yells it every time I see this trailer in the theater.
Sept. 11, 2012, 5:46 p.m. CST
by milla jovovich
Colors. Colors. Colors. Colors. Colors.
- Quint sits down with Frank Miller to talk a little about Sin City: A Dame To Kill For! -- 137 total posts 94 posts
- Trailer for Gregg Araki's WHITE BIRD IN A BLIZZARD, Starring Shailene Woodley and Eva Green! -- 89 total posts 83 posts
- Is Tarantino about to make Jennifer Lawrence one of THE HATEFUL EIGHT!?! -- 153 total posts 75 posts
- Shane Black to bring Remo Williams back to the big screen in THE DESTROYER! -- 207 total posts 74 posts
- Take A ‘Deep Breath’ - The DOCTOR WHO S8 Weekend Docbacks Begin Now!! -- 62 total posts 62 posts
- Trailer for NIGHTCRAWLER! "If it bleeds, it leads!" -- 83 total posts 39 posts
- Get A Grip On Denzel Washington’s EQUALIZER!! -- 33 total posts 33 posts
- Harry Potter spinoff FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM to be directed by someone...who's directed Harry Potter movies! -- 118 total posts 30 posts
- Superman gets a new costume for BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 309 total posts 28 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 359 total posts 26 posts