L.A. Readers! Mr. Beaks Is Giving Away Tickets To The September 11th Screening Of Michael Biehn's THE VICTIM! Biehn Will Be On Hand For A Q&A!
Michael Biehn's down-and-dirty grindhouse flick THE VICTIM is currently doing an exclusive run at The New Beverly, and I've been provided five pairs of tickets to give away! Since you're reading this site, I know you're a fan of Biehn's, so if you'd like to a) check out his latest film, b) hear me grill the director and his co-star, Jennifer Blanc, in a Q&A, and c) go home with autographed posters, you need to email me immediately!
Here's the deal: the screening is at 7:30 PM on Tuesday, September 11th. All you need to do is shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header "Coffey Sees Russians". In the body of the email, please include your full name. You'll automatically have a plus-one, so there's no need to give me the name of your guest. This is first-come, first-serve, so make sure you email me now! I will personally notify all winners by tomorrow at 8 PM.
If you don't make the list, you can always buy tickets. Come on out, and see a genre legend hold forth on his amazing career!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 10, 2012, 12:06 a.m. CST
in the divide when he started yelling his acting got way better and who can forget He'll wade through you, reach down her throat and pull her heart out! LET... LET GO OF ME! best line delivery ever
Sept. 10, 2012, 12:08 a.m. CST
by Kain Michael Wyatt II
so .. ronery..
Sept. 10, 2012, 1 a.m. CST
by Mr. X
Sept. 10, 2012, 1:13 a.m. CST
He should have been in Expendables 2 instead of Chuck Norris.
Sept. 10, 2012, 3:30 a.m. CST
Sept. 10, 2012, 5:22 a.m. CST
There better be.
Sept. 10, 2012, 7:36 a.m. CST
by James Robinson
Sept. 10, 2012, 7:36 a.m. CST
Sept. 10, 2012, 7:37 a.m. CST
by James Robinson
... wish I knew why he just seemed to fall off the map right after 'Time Bomb' :(... just sayin
Sept. 10, 2012, 8:51 a.m. CST
by Bill C.
...at least until a possibly crazy-ass lady shows up at his cabin, which appears to be the basic plot of the movie as per this review: http://www.shockya.com/news/2012/09/09/the-victim-movie-review/ ^ There be modest spoilers, IMO, but being a grindhouse film that might not be as big a deal as usual. That said, I think I'll have to watch out for this on video...
Sept. 10, 2012, 8:56 a.m. CST
not a great movie. Sorry Michael.
Sept. 10, 2012, 9:33 a.m. CST
by Ultron ver 2.0
I don't get why that guy isn't getting more work....he was Cameron's go-to guy and is a pretty good action character. I just rewatched "The Rock" a few weeks ago and forgot about his small role as the SEAL lead....some great screaming in that as well.
Sept. 10, 2012, 10:56 a.m. CST
He's probably conservative, let something slip among a few powerful people (who got offended) and BLAM! No more career.
Sept. 10, 2012, 11:39 a.m. CST
but he's knocked the booze on the head. My favourite actor, he gives his all and he's never bad, even in the DTV stuff. Hicks, Coffey, Ringo, Reese, all barnstorming performances. Deserves a massive comeback. Should have been in Avatar, who cares if the role was too similar to Abyss/Aliens?
Sept. 10, 2012, 6:23 p.m. CST
Loved him in Johnny English. He was hilarious.
Sept. 10, 2012, 6:33 p.m. CST
Hey...I know we're all in strung-out shape. But stay frosty..and alert. We can't afford to let one of those bastards in here.
Sept. 10, 2012, 7:31 p.m. CST
I should read more slowly. Dumbass. Anyhoo...I loves me some Biehn. Named my firstborn after his breakout role.
Sept. 11, 2012, 10:05 a.m. CST
Great in all Cameron's 80s movies, and Tombstone. Very much a fixture from my formative years. Struggled with alcohol for a while, but I hope that's all in the past for him. I love listening to his commentaries and interviews: he obviously has great love for and knowledge of the material he's worked on.
- PROMETHEUS 2 now has a writer!!! -- 608 total posts 441 posts
- John Ary's Video Review Of WORLD WAR Z!! -- 204 total posts 204 posts
- Harry's 25th Picks & Peeks of 2013!!! With THINGS TO COME, OCTAMAN, Bette Davis, STOKER, HOWLING, LIFEFORCE & more! -- 199 total posts 199 posts
- Ryan Reynolds No Longer the HIGHLANDER -- 314 total posts 199 posts
- David S. Goyer And Mr. Beaks Talk MAN OF STEEL Spoilers! DA VINCI'S DEMONS,100 BULLETS And JUSTICE LEAGUE Also Discussed! -- 477 total posts 171 posts
- Behold A Nifty New Poster For Disney's THE BLACK HOLE (1979)!! -- 126 total posts 126 posts
- Father Geek says MAN OF STEEL is pretty much the best Superhero Movie ever made and I'm not gonna argue! -- 1840 total posts 106 posts
- SIN CITY 2: A DAME TO KILL FOR delayed to next year. NOOOOOO!!!!! -- 137 total posts 105 posts
- We have the first trailer for Disney Animation's next film, FROZEN right here!!! -- 93 total posts 93 posts
- Sony has announced release dates for both THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3 and THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 4!!! -- 219 total posts 83 posts