Britgeek Has THE HOT POTATO Blu-rays And A Signed Poster To Give Away!!
Ray Winstone, Colm Meaney and Philip Davis star in THE HOT POTATO, released on DVD and Blu-ray in the UK on September 10. To mark the release, AICN has teamed up with Cine-Britannia to give away copies of the film on Blu-ray, as well as a poster signed by Tim Lewiston, the Primetime Emmy-nominated film-maker who makes his debut as writer/director with the film. If you fancy getting your mitts on these prizes, read on.
Please note that this contest is open exclusively to residents of the United Kingdom.
Here's the official synopsis and trailer:
London's East End, 1969: Our heroes Kenny (Winstone) and Danny (Jack Huston) come into possession of a mystery box, which turns out to contain a large lump of weapons-grade uranium – a true hot potato!
Initially unaware of its true value, they very quickly realise the danger they've been exposed to. Ably assisted by Danny's girlfriend, the beautiful Carole (Lois Winstone), and shadowed at every turn by the unshakeable criminal Harry (Meaney), Kenny and Danny reluctantly embark on a quest to offload the potato to the highest bidder.
Taking them on an epic journey that criss-crosses Europe and into the company of an ever-increasing assortment of shady and bizarre characters, THE HOT POTATO is an THE ITALIAN JOB-tinged crime caper that you won't forget!
The grand prize winner will receive a copy of THE HOT POTATO on Blu-ray, plus the poster signed by Lewiston. Two runners up will each receive the movie on Blu-ray.
To be in with a chance of winning, just answer this question correctly:
Colm Meaney played the role of Don Revie in which 2009 film?
A) UNITED 93
B) THE UNITED STATES OF LELAND
C) ANIMALS UNITED
D) THE DAMNED UNITED
To enter, all you need to do is send me an email with the subject line “I WANT A HOT POTATO!” and include your full name, location and answer.
For a bonus entry, tell me your answer via Twitter.
Winners will be selected at random and notified shortly after the competition closes at midnight on Friday, September 21.
Best of luck!
Follow me on Twitter!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 7, 2012, 8:44 a.m. CST
by Balkin Flabgurter
unfortunately i am a world away :(
Sept. 7, 2012, 8:46 a.m. CST
That's the strangest title I've heard this side of Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo. Also, wouldn't a lum of Uranium expose the holder to radiation sickness?
Sept. 7, 2012, 9:51 a.m. CST
I'm actually put a few potatoes in the oven minutes before clicking on this story! Soon they will indeed be hot...Do I Win A Prize?
Sept. 7, 2012, 10 a.m. CST
No Afrolicious Jim Kelly and a bunch of pasty British guys instead? Count me out jive turkeys!
Sept. 7, 2012, 10:15 a.m. CST
by Baron Von Penguin
Sept. 7, 2012, 11:13 a.m. CST
by Mike Plowman
Jeez, this is just getting like a joke. There 'are' other types of films made in the UK. And any film with Ray 'One Trick Pony' Winstone in it can be reviewed as shite the day he signs the contract to appear in it. His character acting runs the entire gamut from A to A.
Sept. 7, 2012, 1:39 p.m. CST
give me, Jim Kelly's, "Hot Potato" by Oscar Williams any day of the god damn week. A forgotten gem...What a cult classic! Ray Winstone is doing the rounds as Regan in the retelling movie adaptation of, "The Sweeney", but this seems to be another generic, brit gangster flick. And fuck me! was that Louise Redknapp in the trailer? For all you uninitiated: She is the wife of a proffesional UK footballer. Oh well...
Sept. 7, 2012, 3:07 p.m. CST
Sept. 7, 2012, 3:07 p.m. CST
Could just be me though...
Sept. 8, 2012, 4:28 p.m. CST
- 3rd PICKS & PEEKS of Sept 2014: Crichton Blus, THE PARTY, Bloody Entertainment, GODZILLA 3D & More!!! -- 113 total posts 113 posts
- Check out this MASSIVE new HOBBIT: BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES banner!! -- 243 total posts 88 posts
- Hold off, Aaron Cross: Matt Damon's back as Jason Bourne! -- 176 total posts 61 posts
- A New Poster For Christopher Nolan’s INTERSTELLAR!! -- 49 total posts 49 posts
- Behold The Cool(ish) IMAX Poster For DRACULA UNTOLD!! -- 40 total posts 40 posts
- SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE Hires 20-Year-Old Cast Member!! -- 68 total posts 37 posts
- Here come a remake that will really make you feel old - Sony is fast tracking a remake to I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER! -- 120 total posts 36 posts
- 2nd Sept 2014 PICKS & PEEKS Column: CAP 2, Pumpkinhead, Toho, Addams, Star Trek, Slashers, Comedy & Action+ -- 1780 total posts 27 posts
- Copernicus is really pissed about the Stephen Hawking biopic THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING that he saw at TIFF -- 133 total posts 23 posts
- Looks like they got the right Mann to play Audrey Griswald in the VACATION update! -- 104 total posts 22 posts