Britgeek Has THE HOT POTATO Blu-rays And A Signed Poster To Give Away!!
Ray Winstone, Colm Meaney and Philip Davis star in THE HOT POTATO, released on DVD and Blu-ray in the UK on September 10. To mark the release, AICN has teamed up with Cine-Britannia to give away copies of the film on Blu-ray, as well as a poster signed by Tim Lewiston, the Primetime Emmy-nominated film-maker who makes his debut as writer/director with the film. If you fancy getting your mitts on these prizes, read on.
Please note that this contest is open exclusively to residents of the United Kingdom.
Here's the official synopsis and trailer:
London's East End, 1969: Our heroes Kenny (Winstone) and Danny (Jack Huston) come into possession of a mystery box, which turns out to contain a large lump of weapons-grade uranium – a true hot potato!
Initially unaware of its true value, they very quickly realise the danger they've been exposed to. Ably assisted by Danny's girlfriend, the beautiful Carole (Lois Winstone), and shadowed at every turn by the unshakeable criminal Harry (Meaney), Kenny and Danny reluctantly embark on a quest to offload the potato to the highest bidder.
Taking them on an epic journey that criss-crosses Europe and into the company of an ever-increasing assortment of shady and bizarre characters, THE HOT POTATO is an THE ITALIAN JOB-tinged crime caper that you won't forget!
The grand prize winner will receive a copy of THE HOT POTATO on Blu-ray, plus the poster signed by Lewiston. Two runners up will each receive the movie on Blu-ray.
To be in with a chance of winning, just answer this question correctly:
Colm Meaney played the role of Don Revie in which 2009 film?
A) UNITED 93
B) THE UNITED STATES OF LELAND
C) ANIMALS UNITED
D) THE DAMNED UNITED
To enter, all you need to do is send me an email with the subject line “I WANT A HOT POTATO!” and include your full name, location and answer.
For a bonus entry, tell me your answer via Twitter.
Winners will be selected at random and notified shortly after the competition closes at midnight on Friday, September 21.
Best of luck!
Follow me on Twitter!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 7, 2012, 8:44 a.m. CST
by Balkin Flabgurter
unfortunately i am a world away :(
Sept. 7, 2012, 8:46 a.m. CST
That's the strangest title I've heard this side of Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo. Also, wouldn't a lum of Uranium expose the holder to radiation sickness?
Sept. 7, 2012, 9:51 a.m. CST
I'm actually put a few potatoes in the oven minutes before clicking on this story! Soon they will indeed be hot...Do I Win A Prize?
Sept. 7, 2012, 10 a.m. CST
No Afrolicious Jim Kelly and a bunch of pasty British guys instead? Count me out jive turkeys!
Sept. 7, 2012, 10:15 a.m. CST
by Baron Von Penguin
Sept. 7, 2012, 11:13 a.m. CST
by Mike Plowman
Jeez, this is just getting like a joke. There 'are' other types of films made in the UK. And any film with Ray 'One Trick Pony' Winstone in it can be reviewed as shite the day he signs the contract to appear in it. His character acting runs the entire gamut from A to A.
Sept. 7, 2012, 1:39 p.m. CST
give me, Jim Kelly's, "Hot Potato" by Oscar Williams any day of the god damn week. A forgotten gem...What a cult classic! Ray Winstone is doing the rounds as Regan in the retelling movie adaptation of, "The Sweeney", but this seems to be another generic, brit gangster flick. And fuck me! was that Louise Redknapp in the trailer? For all you uninitiated: She is the wife of a proffesional UK footballer. Oh well...
Sept. 7, 2012, 3:07 p.m. CST
Sept. 7, 2012, 3:07 p.m. CST
Could just be me though...
Sept. 8, 2012, 4:28 p.m. CST
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 301 total posts 301 posts
- Robin Williams May Return As Mrs. Doubtfire! -- 200 total posts 151 posts
- Who wants to see one of GODZILLA's opponents from the new film!?! (In toy form) -- 294 total posts 134 posts
- Set photos from the set of STAR WARS EPISODE VII in Abu Dhabi?! What's that big round disc they're rolling around?? -- 259 total posts 100 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 99 total posts 99 posts
- Denzel Washington Walks In The Middle Of The Street In THE EQUALIZER Teaser Poster! -- 89 total posts 59 posts
- There's some cross-promotion going on in the credits of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2, and it's not hinting at what you think! -- 100 total posts 55 posts
- Re-Revised X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Casting Re-Adds A Mutant!! -- 161 total posts 42 posts
- Some Wicked Cool Stills For The Upcoming BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT Game!! -- 189 total posts 41 posts
- Stallone Talks EXPENDABLES Casting Approach!! Nicholson!?!? -- 283 total posts 40 posts