AICwHK: Who is THE AMBASSADOR? Harry welcomes Mads Brugger to The Basement & discusses his film, THE PHANTOM & the purpose of Journalism.
Hey folks, Harry here...
The episode you see below was the fastest shoot of a full episode in the history of the show. THE AMBASSADOR is a very powerful documentary about a Danish Journalist named Mads Brugger. He risked his life to reveal the process by which tens of millions in Blood Diamonds are smuggled out of the Central African Republic. Mads grew up reading comics of Tarzan, The Phantom and TinTin and behold the amazing man he has become. His parents were journalists - and his heroes were four-colors. He's exposed the reality of North Korea, but THE AMBASSADOR is a much different film excursion. It plays as an intense suspense story about a Journalist who risks all to expose a great evil in the world.
I loved getting to focus on this great film which is available to see in theaters & online. Now meet a journalist facing the harshest realities of the real world & surviving to show us the amazing true story.
Here you go...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 6, 2012, 9:57 a.m. CST
Sept. 6, 2012, 9:58 a.m. CST
Sept. 6, 2012, 12:53 p.m. CST
Sept. 6, 2012, 3:34 p.m. CST
emphasise just how hillarious it is when movie and media types consider or refer to themselves as 'journalists'. <p> A lot of peoples definition of a journalist seems to be having the ability to use Google and being able to loosely scribble down what a PR figurehead says with lota of subjective banter thrown in for good measure.
Sept. 6, 2012, 4:23 p.m. CST
by Mr. Pricklepants
Sept. 6, 2012, 10:41 p.m. CST
It drives me crazy when it seems like you interrupt people. It might just be the editing, but sometimes it seems like you don't let people finish their thoughts completely. Otherwise, keep up the good work.
Sept. 7, 2012, 7:26 a.m. CST
the website? DVD reviews? ???
Sept. 7, 2012, 8:56 a.m. CST
Angrily throws a broken-necked Harry at the nearest wall
Sept. 7, 2012, 10:28 a.m. CST
You lose the crassness and self-aggrandizing that run rampant throughout your articles. You actually seem like an adult human being, genuine and eccentrically engaging. And this Mads guy is awesome. Thanks for bringing him to our attention. Real journalism is dying like the force, and he's one of the last brave Jedi. Will he someday battle Darth Murdoch? We can only hope. Next time you do one of these, don't try to force references to movies, especially in the lede. I'm sure you like Marathon Man a bunch, and it does have diamonds, but you can do better. Maybe show the movies which influenced Mads, not you. By now we know way too much about Harry Knowles' childhood.
Sept. 7, 2012, 10:54 a.m. CST
I like when Harry inquires about the head of security and when Mads says name, "Gredjfrekalsdlfk," Harry say, "right". You know Harry was thinking, "Uh, what the fuck did he just say because there is no way I can repeat that name?"
Sept. 7, 2012, 2:23 p.m. CST
by Jacob Underhill
Sept. 11, 2012, 12:31 p.m. CST
Sept. 11, 2012, 10:15 p.m. CST
Sept. 11, 2012, 10:19 p.m. CST
Do you smell like poop?
Sept. 12, 2012, 5:14 a.m. CST
by Wyrdy the Gerbil
Ive no problem with the film but if you think the average citizen of Liberia or any other country would benefit in any way by stopping the export of illegal diamonds then your deluded also i think you've confused the difference blood diamonds and the illegal smuggling of diamonds,the whole reason blood diamonds get their name is because the money made is used to buy weapons ...
- 3rd PICKS & PEEKS of Sept 2014: Crichton Blus, THE PARTY, Bloody Entertainment, GODZILLA 3D & More!!! -- 486 total posts 72 posts
- Loki vs. King Kong in SKULL ISLAND! -- 311 total posts 35 posts
- Behold The Cool(ish) IMAX Poster For DRACULA UNTOLD!! -- 177 total posts 13 posts
- A New Poster For Christopher Nolan’s INTERSTELLAR!! -- 213 total posts 11 posts
- 12 TIFF reviews from 'garbageman33' covers everything from Gyllenhaal in NIGHTCRAWLER to Baumbach's WHILE WE'RE YOUNG! -- 12 total posts 10 posts
- Meryl Streep Bewitches the First INTO THE WOODS Poster! -- 61 total posts 10 posts
- Here’s A 4+ Minute Clip From THE EQUALIZER!! -- 61 total posts 7 posts
- Promo Images From DOCTOR WHO S08E05 - ‘Time Heist’!! -- 109 total posts 7 posts
- Copernicus is really pissed about the Stephen Hawking biopic THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING that he saw at TIFF -- 146 total posts 6 posts
- Fox, Home Of GOTHAM, Makes Pilot Commitment To Project Based On DC Comics’ LUCIFER!! -- 27 total posts 5 posts