AICwHK: Who is THE AMBASSADOR? Harry welcomes Mads Brugger to The Basement & discusses his film, THE PHANTOM & the purpose of Journalism.
Hey folks, Harry here...
The episode you see below was the fastest shoot of a full episode in the history of the show. THE AMBASSADOR is a very powerful documentary about a Danish Journalist named Mads Brugger. He risked his life to reveal the process by which tens of millions in Blood Diamonds are smuggled out of the Central African Republic. Mads grew up reading comics of Tarzan, The Phantom and TinTin and behold the amazing man he has become. His parents were journalists - and his heroes were four-colors. He's exposed the reality of North Korea, but THE AMBASSADOR is a much different film excursion. It plays as an intense suspense story about a Journalist who risks all to expose a great evil in the world.
I loved getting to focus on this great film which is available to see in theaters & online. Now meet a journalist facing the harshest realities of the real world & surviving to show us the amazing true story.
Here you go...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 6, 2012, 9:57 a.m. CST
Sept. 6, 2012, 9:58 a.m. CST
Sept. 6, 2012, 12:53 p.m. CST
Sept. 6, 2012, 3:34 p.m. CST
emphasise just how hillarious it is when movie and media types consider or refer to themselves as 'journalists'. <p> A lot of peoples definition of a journalist seems to be having the ability to use Google and being able to loosely scribble down what a PR figurehead says with lota of subjective banter thrown in for good measure.
Sept. 6, 2012, 4:23 p.m. CST
by Mr. Pricklepants
Sept. 6, 2012, 10:41 p.m. CST
It drives me crazy when it seems like you interrupt people. It might just be the editing, but sometimes it seems like you don't let people finish their thoughts completely. Otherwise, keep up the good work.
Sept. 7, 2012, 7:26 a.m. CST
the website? DVD reviews? ???
Sept. 7, 2012, 8:56 a.m. CST
Angrily throws a broken-necked Harry at the nearest wall
Sept. 7, 2012, 10:28 a.m. CST
You lose the crassness and self-aggrandizing that run rampant throughout your articles. You actually seem like an adult human being, genuine and eccentrically engaging. And this Mads guy is awesome. Thanks for bringing him to our attention. Real journalism is dying like the force, and he's one of the last brave Jedi. Will he someday battle Darth Murdoch? We can only hope. Next time you do one of these, don't try to force references to movies, especially in the lede. I'm sure you like Marathon Man a bunch, and it does have diamonds, but you can do better. Maybe show the movies which influenced Mads, not you. By now we know way too much about Harry Knowles' childhood.
Sept. 7, 2012, 10:54 a.m. CST
I like when Harry inquires about the head of security and when Mads says name, "Gredjfrekalsdlfk," Harry say, "right". You know Harry was thinking, "Uh, what the fuck did he just say because there is no way I can repeat that name?"
Sept. 7, 2012, 2:23 p.m. CST
by Jacob Underhill
Sept. 11, 2012, 12:31 p.m. CST
Sept. 11, 2012, 10:15 p.m. CST
Sept. 11, 2012, 10:19 p.m. CST
Do you smell like poop?
Sept. 12, 2012, 5:14 a.m. CST
by Wyrdy the Gerbil
Ive no problem with the film but if you think the average citizen of Liberia or any other country would benefit in any way by stopping the export of illegal diamonds then your deluded also i think you've confused the difference blood diamonds and the illegal smuggling of diamonds,the whole reason blood diamonds get their name is because the money made is used to buy weapons ...
- Capone loved the pure joy of discovering the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!!! -- 126 total posts 126 posts
- Trailer for MUDBLOODS - Documentary About Real Life Muggle Quidditch Players! -- 127 total posts 30 posts
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 293 total posts 28 posts
- International BIRDMAN Trailer Is Here!!! -- 152 total posts 23 posts
- Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige! -- 306 total posts 19 posts
- Disney Taking The Ol' Bait-And-Switch Route With Teaser For INTO THE WOODS! -- 113 total posts 16 posts
- Rest In Peace Makeup Legend Dick Smith -- 112 total posts 15 posts
- Capone dances the line between loving Chadwick Boseman as James Brown and frustration with the rest of GET ON UP!!! -- 14 total posts 14 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 762 total posts 9 posts
- New Trailer For Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR Is Here! Let's Light This Candle! -- 438 total posts 9 posts