AICN Exclusive: Spoke Art and Castro Theatre's VERTIGO Limited Prints!
"Monty Cristo" here.
The Castro Theatre in San Francisco is celebrating Alfred Hitchcock's magnificent VERTIGO with 70mm screenings this weekend by releasing a pair of limited edition screenprints produced by the great people at Spoke Art, one by Sam Smith and one by Chuck Sperry. They are for sale as of right now on the Spoke Art store. Click here to buy while they last!
If you're in San Fran, these prints will also be on sale at this weekend's screenings of VERTIGO at the gorgeous Castro Theatre:
Friday, August 31st
Saturday, September 1st
2pm, 5pm, 8pm
If you miss an opportunity to see VERTIGO in 70mm, you may not have many chances, even if it is #1 on the Sight & Sound list!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Aug. 31, 2012, 11:32 a.m. CST
And first you cunts...
Aug. 31, 2012, 11:41 a.m. CST
by Mr. Pricklepants
Aug. 31, 2012, 11:57 a.m. CST
Aug. 31, 2012, 12:09 p.m. CST
I'm still waiting.
Aug. 31, 2012, 12:25 p.m. CST
...and less 60's influence. That profile of Madeline from the restaurant is iconic. It's the first time Scotty sees her and it lights the obsessive fire that burns in him through the rest of the film. #2 looks like a really bad trace job from someone with very limited drafting skills. Just look at the wobbly granny ankles. ...and before anyone says it, I CAN do better. I'm an Art Director AND I play one on TV too. The original orange poster with the falling silo of Scotty has yet to be topped.
Aug. 31, 2012, 1:07 p.m. CST
and that's the biggest problem with these mondo/minimalist type posters - rarely do they embody what the film is about. The first one looks more like a poster for Head or Yellow Submarine. The second one looks like it was done by Daniel Clowes or the guy who did Black Hole.
Aug. 31, 2012, 1:16 p.m. CST
by John Brown
...that the words "AICN Exclusive" these days only appear on stories about movie posters?
Aug. 31, 2012, 2:14 p.m. CST
I actually like the first poster, and I especially like what it's trying to do; its kind of haunting in its own way. But tonally, I think the movie it's selling and VERTIGO are two different things.
Aug. 31, 2012, 2:31 p.m. CST
Not even close.
Aug. 31, 2012, 4:02 p.m. CST
by Margot Tenenbaum
The second one looks like a half-assed, black and white comic book adaptation from Eternity Comics circa 1988.
Aug. 31, 2012, 5:28 p.m. CST
by I am_NOTREAL
Once in a theater during a Hitchcock revival, once on VHS a few years later. It was good, but nothing about it said "greatest movie ever" to me. Maybe I need to give it another shot.
Aug. 31, 2012, 6:26 p.m. CST
...in 1997, I think, when this gorgeous, newly restored 70mm print was first making it's rounds. It was a real treat to see it there and then, as it's such a love/hate letter to the beauty and dark history of San Francisco and the entire Bay Area ca 1958. I don't know if it's "the best film evah," but it is one funny, freaky and Freudian flick that I love and could see again and again.
Aug. 31, 2012, 8:44 p.m. CST
Aug. 31, 2012, 10:20 p.m. CST
by ajit maholtra
Aug. 31, 2012, 10:26 p.m. CST
Aug. 31, 2012, 10:29 p.m. CST
Aug. 31, 2012, 11:05 p.m. CST
You have got to be kidding.
Sept. 1, 2012, 5:48 p.m. CST
One of my all time favorite films.
Sept. 1, 2012, 5:58 p.m. CST
Anyone know what font they used?
Sept. 2, 2012, 6:56 p.m. CST
better have the original mono soundtrack as an option. No added seagull cries, modern-sounding gunshots, screwed up ambient street noises in Midge's studio, over-pumped music volume, etc. The one on the Masterpiece Collection DVD sounds just fine.
Sept. 3, 2012, 7:38 p.m. CST
by Raptor Jesus
The most over-rated film of all time, maybe. And yes, these posters do not fit the movie.
- Big SPOILERS for X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and APOCALYPSE as new rumors suggest a familiar face will be playing the role of APOCALYPSE!! -- 324 total posts 189 posts
- Disney can now make new Indiana Jones Movies!!! But what about Paramount? -- 350 total posts 159 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS, OUT OF THE FURNACE, FROZEN, NEBRASKA And The Latest WALKING DEAD And RETURNED, The First Big-Screen Wonder Woman and More!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 98 total posts 98 posts
- Jerry Bruckheimer has returned to Paramount and Brett Ratner's BEVERLY HILLS COP IV is now on the way (again)! -- 167 total posts 81 posts
- The Annual Official Fake BUTT-NUMB-A-THON 15 List!!! Plus other things like STANDBY news! -- 77 total posts 77 posts
- SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES Writers Developing New TERMINATOR TV Series!! -- 77 total posts 40 posts
- Fox To Dabble In Shared X-MEN / FF Movieverse!?!? -- 187 total posts 21 posts
- The Friday Docback Rounds Up This Week's DOCTOR WHO News!! 50th Celebration, 'Time of the Doctor,' HornOrSilk Reviews 'The Assassination Games' Big Finish Audio, And More!! -- 44 total posts 20 posts
LOW WINTER SUN
2013-2013 -- 26 total posts 19 posts
- Two More NYMPHOMANIAC Posters... -- 79 total posts 12 posts