John Ary On QUICK!!
John Ary here with a look at a big-budget actioner from Korea called Quick. The Blu-Ray cover describes it as "SPEED on a Motorcycle!" That's not a bad comparison, as the main characters are forced to drive around town on their crotch rocket, delivering death in the form miniature nuclear bombs to mobsters and their business associates. If they don't do what they're told, the ex-girlfriend of our protagonist will die via head explosion. The film also borrows some of its style from Michael Bay and the Fast and the Furious franchise. Here's my review...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Aug. 31, 2012, 9:28 a.m. CST
To say, I'll see this if it's on sometime.
Aug. 31, 2012, 9:38 a.m. CST
really? does john ary have a supply of tachyons and a time machine? like who goes to a video rental store these days; do they even still exists? huh?
Aug. 31, 2012, 10:19 a.m. CST
How about a transcript of the entire review under the video. I come here to skim, not sit through videos. Thanks for listening.
Aug. 31, 2012, 11:37 a.m. CST
Aug. 31, 2012, 11:48 a.m. CST
No idea what the guy above is talking about.
Aug. 31, 2012, 2:33 p.m. CST
Ary, I'm 2 silky smooth videos behind. This lame gag doesn't work if I can't keep up with your posts.
by Talkbacker with no name
Aug. 31, 2012, 4:54 p.m. CST
Ary is pretty much on the money. Check it out if you want to see something that might not be smart but is a whole lot of fun.
Sept. 1, 2012, 8:23 a.m. CST
I'm sorry, but this guy doesn't even manage to show passion for the stuff he reviews. Even if he loves stuff, his face and voice are still saying "well... Meh... I'm bored." sorry, but there are thousands of 12 year olds on youtube that make better reiews than this guy.
Sept. 1, 2012, 8:23 a.m. CST
Sept. 2, 2012, 11:30 a.m. CST
by Steve Lamarre
while the rest of us get the redbox at walmart.
Sept. 2, 2012, 4:26 p.m. CST
by Ed Travis
... but I do think S. Korean films tend to run long and it sounds like this is no exception. (Yep, that was a sweeping generalization if ever there was one, but I think it is often true.)
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 51 total posts 51 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 103 total posts 26 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 510 total posts 13 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 33 total posts 10 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 265 total posts 9 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 22 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 333 total posts 4 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 11 total posts 3 posts