John Ary On QUICK!!
John Ary here with a look at a big-budget actioner from Korea called Quick. The Blu-Ray cover describes it as "SPEED on a Motorcycle!" That's not a bad comparison, as the main characters are forced to drive around town on their crotch rocket, delivering death in the form miniature nuclear bombs to mobsters and their business associates. If they don't do what they're told, the ex-girlfriend of our protagonist will die via head explosion. The film also borrows some of its style from Michael Bay and the Fast and the Furious franchise. Here's my review...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Aug. 31, 2012, 9:28 a.m. CST
To say, I'll see this if it's on sometime.
Aug. 31, 2012, 9:38 a.m. CST
really? does john ary have a supply of tachyons and a time machine? like who goes to a video rental store these days; do they even still exists? huh?
Aug. 31, 2012, 10:19 a.m. CST
How about a transcript of the entire review under the video. I come here to skim, not sit through videos. Thanks for listening.
Aug. 31, 2012, 11:37 a.m. CST
Aug. 31, 2012, 11:48 a.m. CST
No idea what the guy above is talking about.
Aug. 31, 2012, 2:33 p.m. CST
Ary, I'm 2 silky smooth videos behind. This lame gag doesn't work if I can't keep up with your posts.
by Talkbacker with no name
Aug. 31, 2012, 4:54 p.m. CST
Ary is pretty much on the money. Check it out if you want to see something that might not be smart but is a whole lot of fun.
Sept. 1, 2012, 8:23 a.m. CST
I'm sorry, but this guy doesn't even manage to show passion for the stuff he reviews. Even if he loves stuff, his face and voice are still saying "well... Meh... I'm bored." sorry, but there are thousands of 12 year olds on youtube that make better reiews than this guy.
Sept. 1, 2012, 8:23 a.m. CST
Sept. 2, 2012, 11:30 a.m. CST
by Steve Lamarre
while the rest of us get the redbox at walmart.
Sept. 2, 2012, 4:26 p.m. CST
by Ed Travis
... but I do think S. Korean films tend to run long and it sounds like this is no exception. (Yep, that was a sweeping generalization if ever there was one, but I think it is often true.)
- Check Out Spidey and Electro in the First Clip from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2! -- 154 total posts 154 posts
- ‘Nobody’s Interested In Your Texts!!’ President Barack Obama Takes On Zach Galifianakis BETWEEN TWO FERNS!! -- 184 total posts 149 posts
- Is one of these guys ready to play Dr. Victor Von Doom in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 260 total posts 129 posts
- Quint has seen Gareth Edwards and Legendary's Godzilla presentation at SXSW! Full on Kaiju badassery! -- 86 total posts 86 posts
- A New Scene From THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2!! -- 76 total posts 76 posts
- SXSW 2014: Nordling Reviews THE RAID 2: BERANDAL! -- 68 total posts 68 posts
- Jason Sudeikis to star as the Laker lovin', disguise wearin' Irwin "Fletch" Fletcher in FLETCH WON! -- 115 total posts 43 posts
- The LEGO MOVIE Sequel Finds Its Director - Will He Be A Master Builder?? -- 34 total posts 34 posts
- The Rock ‘Em, Sock ‘Em Badassity Of TITANFALL Is Now Upon Us!! -- 84 total posts 25 posts
- See The Flash's Full Costume For The New CW Show!! -- 90 total posts 24 posts