John Ary On QUICK!!
John Ary here with a look at a big-budget actioner from Korea called Quick. The Blu-Ray cover describes it as "SPEED on a Motorcycle!" That's not a bad comparison, as the main characters are forced to drive around town on their crotch rocket, delivering death in the form miniature nuclear bombs to mobsters and their business associates. If they don't do what they're told, the ex-girlfriend of our protagonist will die via head explosion. The film also borrows some of its style from Michael Bay and the Fast and the Furious franchise. Here's my review...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Aug. 31, 2012, 9:28 a.m. CST
To say, I'll see this if it's on sometime.
Aug. 31, 2012, 9:38 a.m. CST
really? does john ary have a supply of tachyons and a time machine? like who goes to a video rental store these days; do they even still exists? huh?
Aug. 31, 2012, 10:19 a.m. CST
How about a transcript of the entire review under the video. I come here to skim, not sit through videos. Thanks for listening.
Aug. 31, 2012, 11:37 a.m. CST
Aug. 31, 2012, 11:48 a.m. CST
No idea what the guy above is talking about.
Aug. 31, 2012, 2:33 p.m. CST
Ary, I'm 2 silky smooth videos behind. This lame gag doesn't work if I can't keep up with your posts.
by Talkbacker with no name
Aug. 31, 2012, 4:54 p.m. CST
Ary is pretty much on the money. Check it out if you want to see something that might not be smart but is a whole lot of fun.
Sept. 1, 2012, 8:23 a.m. CST
I'm sorry, but this guy doesn't even manage to show passion for the stuff he reviews. Even if he loves stuff, his face and voice are still saying "well... Meh... I'm bored." sorry, but there are thousands of 12 year olds on youtube that make better reiews than this guy.
Sept. 1, 2012, 8:23 a.m. CST
Sept. 2, 2012, 11:30 a.m. CST
by Steve Lamarre
while the rest of us get the redbox at walmart.
Sept. 2, 2012, 4:26 p.m. CST
by Ed Travis
... but I do think S. Korean films tend to run long and it sounds like this is no exception. (Yep, that was a sweeping generalization if ever there was one, but I think it is often true.)
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 218 total posts 117 posts
- Rejoice! DEADPOOL: THE MOVIE comin' to you in February 2016!! -- 204 total posts 67 posts
- Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR gets pushed back nearly two months, and knocks ASSASSIN'S CREED off the calendar! -- 132 total posts 41 posts
- Quint is surprisingly quite fond of Kevin Smith's TUSK! Fantastic Fest 2014! -- 39 total posts 39 posts
- Guy Ritchie brings a mermaid onto land to play his Guinevere in KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE: KING ARTHUR! -- 92 total posts 36 posts
- Here’s A Video Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII’s Millennium Falcon, Highlighting One Little Detail… -- 440 total posts 29 posts
- DOCTOR WHO S08E05 ‘Time Heist’ Reader Reaction Begins Now!! + HornOrSilk’s ‘Domain Of The Voord’ Big Finish Audio Review, Synopses For Upcoming S8 Eps, And More!! -- 28 total posts 28 posts
- Muldoon Happily Gets Lost in THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 49 total posts 21 posts
- The Premiere Of TIM & ERIC’s BEDTIME STORIES!! New GARFUNKEL, HAVEN & LOSER!! HONORABLE, RUSH, WORST, NAKED, MARRIED & SATISFACTION Finales!! The Return Of BREAKING AMISH!! Terry Gilliam On COLBERT!! Carmen Lynch On CRAIG!! Julianna & Viggo On SETH!! Ali Wong @MIDNIGHT!! Herc’s Thursday TV Talkback!! -- 18 total posts 15 posts
- Another New (And Rather Cool) INTERSTELLAR Poster!! -- 206 total posts 11 posts