John Ary On QUICK!!
John Ary here with a look at a big-budget actioner from Korea called Quick. The Blu-Ray cover describes it as "SPEED on a Motorcycle!" That's not a bad comparison, as the main characters are forced to drive around town on their crotch rocket, delivering death in the form miniature nuclear bombs to mobsters and their business associates. If they don't do what they're told, the ex-girlfriend of our protagonist will die via head explosion. The film also borrows some of its style from Michael Bay and the Fast and the Furious franchise. Here's my review...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Aug. 31, 2012, 9:28 a.m. CST
To say, I'll see this if it's on sometime.
Aug. 31, 2012, 9:38 a.m. CST
really? does john ary have a supply of tachyons and a time machine? like who goes to a video rental store these days; do they even still exists? huh?
Aug. 31, 2012, 10:19 a.m. CST
How about a transcript of the entire review under the video. I come here to skim, not sit through videos. Thanks for listening.
Aug. 31, 2012, 11:37 a.m. CST
Aug. 31, 2012, 11:48 a.m. CST
No idea what the guy above is talking about.
Aug. 31, 2012, 2:33 p.m. CST
Ary, I'm 2 silky smooth videos behind. This lame gag doesn't work if I can't keep up with your posts.
by Talkbacker with no name
Aug. 31, 2012, 4:54 p.m. CST
Ary is pretty much on the money. Check it out if you want to see something that might not be smart but is a whole lot of fun.
Sept. 1, 2012, 8:23 a.m. CST
I'm sorry, but this guy doesn't even manage to show passion for the stuff he reviews. Even if he loves stuff, his face and voice are still saying "well... Meh... I'm bored." sorry, but there are thousands of 12 year olds on youtube that make better reiews than this guy.
Sept. 1, 2012, 8:23 a.m. CST
Sept. 2, 2012, 11:30 a.m. CST
by Steve Lamarre
while the rest of us get the redbox at walmart.
Sept. 2, 2012, 4:26 p.m. CST
by Ed Travis
... but I do think S. Korean films tend to run long and it sounds like this is no exception. (Yep, that was a sweeping generalization if ever there was one, but I think it is often true.)
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 130 total posts 130 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 114 total posts 114 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 163 total posts 80 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 98 total posts 56 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 332 total posts 37 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 200 total posts 36 posts
- Marvel sets one additional 2018 release date! -- 95 total posts 34 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 41 total posts 30 posts
- EXPENDABLES 3 launches a ton of Comic Con posters! -- 88 total posts 27 posts
- He's not 007 anymore, but Pierce Brosnan is still kicking ass across Europe in the full trailer for THE NOVEMBER MAN! -- 73 total posts 24 posts