John Ary On QUICK!!
John Ary here with a look at a big-budget actioner from Korea called Quick. The Blu-Ray cover describes it as "SPEED on a Motorcycle!" That's not a bad comparison, as the main characters are forced to drive around town on their crotch rocket, delivering death in the form miniature nuclear bombs to mobsters and their business associates. If they don't do what they're told, the ex-girlfriend of our protagonist will die via head explosion. The film also borrows some of its style from Michael Bay and the Fast and the Furious franchise. Here's my review...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Aug. 31, 2012, 9:28 a.m. CST
To say, I'll see this if it's on sometime.
Aug. 31, 2012, 9:38 a.m. CST
really? does john ary have a supply of tachyons and a time machine? like who goes to a video rental store these days; do they even still exists? huh?
Aug. 31, 2012, 10:19 a.m. CST
How about a transcript of the entire review under the video. I come here to skim, not sit through videos. Thanks for listening.
Aug. 31, 2012, 11:37 a.m. CST
Aug. 31, 2012, 11:48 a.m. CST
No idea what the guy above is talking about.
Aug. 31, 2012, 2:33 p.m. CST
Ary, I'm 2 silky smooth videos behind. This lame gag doesn't work if I can't keep up with your posts.
by Talkbacker with no name
Aug. 31, 2012, 4:54 p.m. CST
Ary is pretty much on the money. Check it out if you want to see something that might not be smart but is a whole lot of fun.
Sept. 1, 2012, 8:23 a.m. CST
I'm sorry, but this guy doesn't even manage to show passion for the stuff he reviews. Even if he loves stuff, his face and voice are still saying "well... Meh... I'm bored." sorry, but there are thousands of 12 year olds on youtube that make better reiews than this guy.
Sept. 1, 2012, 8:23 a.m. CST
Sept. 2, 2012, 11:30 a.m. CST
by Steve Lamarre
while the rest of us get the redbox at walmart.
Sept. 2, 2012, 4:26 p.m. CST
by Ed Travis
... but I do think S. Korean films tend to run long and it sounds like this is no exception. (Yep, that was a sweeping generalization if ever there was one, but I think it is often true.)
- So The MAN OF STEEL Sequel Has (At Least) A Third Superhero In It... -- 627 total posts 86 posts
- Joe Dante's Making A New Movie Called BURYING THE EX And You Can Be A Part Of It! -- 35 total posts 30 posts
- Beatles' manager Brian Epstein to get his own flick, entitled THE FIFTH BEATLE! -- 47 total posts 20 posts
- More Angry Volcano Action in this New Trailer for Pompeii! -- 62 total posts 17 posts
- WARCRAFT is getting its cast together! Adds Ben Foster, Dominic Cooper, Toby Kebbell, and more! -- 58 total posts 15 posts
- More pics of zombied-out Aubrey Plaza in LIFE AFTER BETH! -- 47 total posts 12 posts
- FAST AND FURIOUS 7 to be scrapped entirely? -- 286 total posts 11 posts
- Fan Of The 2010 Paul Bettany Angry Angel Movie LEGION?? Syfy Just Ordered To Series The TV Version!! -- 15 total posts 11 posts
- SNL Christmas!! Titties And Dragons On SOUTH PARK!! Tyson Entrée On Antepenultimate SURVIVOR!! HOARDING Finale!! New BURNING LOVE, GIRL CODE, MODERN, MIDDLE, AHS, X, SOUP, PICKERS!! Herc’s Wednesday TV Talkback!! -- 41 total posts 10 posts
- Earlier Versions Of THE DARK CRYSTAL...Probably Felt A Lot Like This!! -- 110 total posts 9 posts